GUILTY CA - Gianni, 24, & Sal Belvedere, 22, Ilona Flint, 22, San Diego, 24 Dec 2013 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure how reliable this is but someone in my office sent it to me -http://www.limobailbonds.com/tag/gianni-belvedere/

Interesting. The UT article I linked to above which I no longer can link to because it's a subscription site, sourced the police as saying that GB was last seen around Friars Road which is not that far from the mall. But the article also said it wasn't confirmed that GB was at the mall, while the link bestinthewest posted says he was. I wonder which is correct.

In any case, whether GB was murdered or committed suicide, where WAS he for the past three weeks? This is one strange case either way.

Interesting. The UT article I linked to above which I no longer can link to because it's a subscription site.

To get more access to the UT San Diego, use another browser or if you have Google Chrome, use an incognito window. The UT San Diego uses a cookie on your computer. So you can also delete the cookie or set your settings to not accept cookies.
===

I don't know about the Gianni "sightings" at the mall or Friars Road. I believe the only valid information is that he was last known to be and seen at their home (probably an apartment) in Tierrasanta.

Not sure how reliable this is but someone in my office sent it to me -http://www.xxxx

That Limo Bail Bond guy has been leaving posts/comments on the local web pages of TV and print news stories. I think he's seeding the internet trying to get his web hits higher in the search for bail bonds. Like your post of his URL on this site.

Anway, he says that Gianni was shot in the head. I wonder where he got that from?

Lizzy,

Do you have a droid? If so go Incognito and view the union Tribune that's what I do

Thanks for the tips. I didn't know about the incognito window.

Using that I opened the UT article and this is the quote in it:

"He was last known to be near Friars Road in Mission Valley about 10 p.m. Dec. 23, [police homicide detective] Hastings said."

However, on the PD website, the bulletin dated 12/29 says he was last seen at his home in Tierrasanta:

http://www.sandiego.gov/police/pdf/2013/MissingPersonGianniLeonardoBelvedere.pdf

Dang, how hard is it to establish a simple fact like where he was last seen?! :banghead:

"He was last known to be near Friars Road in Mission Valley about 10 p.m. Dec. 23, [police homicide detective] Hastings said."

So does that mean using cell phone records? Or did someone who knew him tell the police he was there?

I feel the Tierrasanta information is more reliable because it was probably a neighbor or relative that offered that information.

Good heavens. It means Limousine. Is it safe because it's so inconspicuous?

They have an article about it here, with the mention of shot in the head.

http://www.limobailbonds.com/1942/g...-trunk-car-riverside-county-san-diego-police/

um, that "article" was written by the bail bond company owner, Steve Zink. It's not from a journalist. It's Zink's story and he doesn't cite how he learned about a gunshot wound to the head.

(Although I believe that may indeed be what happened, I do not count that link or Zink's story as credible until the official version is shared by the detectives or a credible news source. Not a bail bond blog.

I just caught this (hadn't heard any local news on this in awhile). Am I to assume the body in the trunk is Gianni?

Ilona Flint and Salvatore Belvedere, who were both 22-years-old, were gunned down Christmas Eve shortly before 1:15 a.m. in the parking lot near Macy’s at the Westfield Mission Valley mall. Flint died at the scene, Salvatore died Dec. 26 in a hospital. Robbery was not the motive for the attack, Hastings said.

Investigators had been searching for Gianni Belvedere, 24, and his car, ever since. the body located in the trunk was a 24-year-old male.

Source: http://www.utsandiego.com/news/2014/Jan/20/autopsy-expected-body-trunk-riverside/?#article-copy

Mel

We don't know yet. The official report is that the body hasn't been identified as Gianni, but various news reports have stated that the family confirmed it was him.

Then again, the ut story I posted earlier quoted a relative as saying they didn't know yet, either.

It's all maddening.

BBM

Kimmypie1 I thought the same thing but since we had record breaking heat here that would certainly accelerate the process I believe.

In a trunk, in this heat - yes.

Today it's a sunny 82 degrees. I can only imagine how fast that body could decompose :(

MOO

Mel

I keep thinking though, it's been so dry. I don't know anything about it, but I've been wondering if that would contribute to a corpse mummifying rather than decomposing.

I don't know. Just wondering.

KGTV's (lengthy again) 5 pm broadcast update:

Saying that Ilona's family wants to know who is in the trunk - if it's Gianni or not.

VERY interesting since Gianni's family was reportedly saying they've been told it's him.

The autopsy has NOT started yet. It actually will start tomorrow. They won't say how long it takes b/c they don't know at this point.

Either Ilona's family or some of the Belvedere family members also live in Escondido. KGTV had contact w/ family both in Tierrasanta and Escondido (thought that was interesting - we've not had Escondido come up in the previous info)

Had they not said this: That Ilona's family considers him/them their son(s) just as they considered Ilona their daughter, admittedly I'd wonder if there had been a split in the public front we'd seen earlier given the fact that Ilona's family is stating they want to know who it is actually in the trunk to begin with.

Then they talked about it now getting public attention and a retired FBI person said they'll look into their backgrounds, computers, cell phones, etc. to see if they can get any clues.

I'd imagine that he's just IN the dark and doesn't know what has/has not been done at this point - because I am quite confident one of the first things that they did was look at phones/computers...if for nothing else to try to locate Gianni (though truthfully I'm sure it'd be equally as much to try to get clues as to who killed Salvatore and Ilona)

We don't know yet. The official report is that the body hasn't been identified as Gianni, but various news reports have stated that the family confirmed it was him.

Then again, the ut story I posted earlier quoted a relative as saying they didn't know yet, either.

It's all maddening.

Which is also what Ilona's family is apparently saying now!

I feel like they've got a campaign of confusion going on with all the information floating around. And one says they've been told something and it totally contradicts other info (especially, in several cases, the last statements from LE)

To be honest, it makes me think that they have no real concern anyone else is potentially at risk - meaning it'd have to be specifically aimed at the family or that the person who did the killing is no longer alive.

You know what else? It seems to me the body could quickly and easily be identified as GB or not through dental records. The complete autopsy isn't needed for that much to be done.

So why isn't this being done, or if it has, the results announced? Why would LE drag out the agony of not knowing even longer for the already-grieving families?

Something does not make sense here. Well, a lot of things don't, actually.

Thanks for that article (and to everyone for sharing the incognito window tip, as I had reached my viewing limit!).

The article states/confirms:

- Ilona worked at the Westfield mall
- Sal & Gianni worked at their father’s Lakeside restaurant
- all three lived with Mr. & Mrs. Belvedere
- detectives confirmed that Sal was picking up Ilona
- detectives have not corroborated that Gianni was at the mall that night

They also clarified that the black male suspect description was just preliminary and the more accurate description is the following:
"man of unknown race, possibly in his 20s, about 5 feet 9 inches to 5 feet 11 inches tall, wearing tan pants and an unknown color shirt"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member