DC DC - Chandra Levy, 24, Washington DC, 1 May 2001 *found deceased in 2002*

Trino said:
There are a lot of unexplained things about the CL case, as well as Condit. There was damaging evidence in Condit's disappearance between the suspected time CL disappeared and the police report of her disappearance. Has anyone really documented where/why (especially WHY) Condit drove from Washington and where he went?<<<

Hello Trino, that is one part of the case I guess i have not looked at closely enough. If you go to www.justiceforchandra.com you might be able to find something there that would answer some of your questions.

>>>CL left everything behind. Strange. Could someone have entered her apartment and logged on to her computer as her?

What about the scream that was heard during the night?<<<

I think that the answers to both of your questions are that it is possible that someone used Chandra's computer, pretending to be her, and that the scream could have been Chandra. I don't think the answer to either of these questions is really necessary to solve the mystery of the crime. Just my personal thoughts.

What about Condit's strange reactions? <<<<

My interpretation of Condit's activity after Chandra disappeared is that he was a guilty man trying to act innocent. He could not run, so he tried attacking, attacking newspaper stories, attacking people who said anything against him. He is still doing that, suing people to act like he is innocent. He has not sued the NE book Sex Power and Murder, but maybe it was mentioned in the secret agreement that Carolyn Condit made with NE.

There are a lot of unanswered questions. There are also parents who it looks like will never know who killed their daughter.

Why isn't the case active?

I have tried to get it active. I post at www.justiceforchadra.com as you may have guessed.

I emailed Crime Solvers at the DC Police website. I got a reply back saying that they would contact me. I waited for them to contact me, but that never happened. I did not have any new news, but I had some ideas on some of what had already happened.

Again I wrote to the DA in Stanislaus County trying to get Chandra's hometown law enforcement involved in the case, but I did not receive any reply. I did get on the DA's email subscription list, but anyone can do that. They send out emails on prisoners going up for parole, etc. They sent out an announcement saying that they would no longer be sending out news about the Scott Peterson case, probably because it was moved.

I also sent an email to the FBI asking questions about the Otis Thomas story, that was said to be untrue. I did not get any reply.

I probably would not be writing anything here, but there may be some new articles coming out withing a month or so about the Chandra Levy investigation. Just what form the articles will take I don't know. I probably should not even be mentioning this yet. Whatever comes out will attempt to be informational, but if it will be informational enough we won't know until it is published. This obviously is something that will be put out by some of us amateurs, not something from any media or law enforcement agencies.

All I can do is pray that the information, in whatever format it is written in, will be enough to warm up the case.

benn8

Benn, you're wonderful to write so many people. Trust me, it does help.

Do you think that the DC police didn't want the Modesto Police to be involved because Gary Condit's brother was on the Modesto Police force?

candy said:
Benn, you're wonderful to write so many people. Trust me, it does help.

Do you think that the DC police didn't want the Modesto Police to be involved because Gary Condit's brother was on the Modesto Police force?

candy, I don't know what the DC police motive was. I guess you know that Burl Condit was in a serious automobile accident. I did not read a followup on his story, I will have to look for one.

benn8

Hi Benn,

Yes, I had read that story on the accident involving Condit's brother. That's the first time I had heard he had a brother in the MPD.

Keep up the great work Benn! We need to know who killed Chandra. It's terrible that this case has not been solved.

It was a sad loss, when the "whereschandra" web site went down. There were some phenominal sleuthers there, specifically "rd" (my favorite) who, actually went and checked out where Condit made that midnite phone call from a pay phone to the other mistress, telling her is might have to disappear for a while or alluding to that.....from what I can vaguely remember, it was in a National Park, poorly lit area, a bit off the beathen path, and well over an hours drive away from DC.

Maybe one day Chandra will have as many champions as JonBenet has.....maybe, one day....Edited to add, I just went to the site mentioned above, not knowing about it, and rd is there! Nice to find him!

Hello Sprocket, I received an automatic email last night saying that someone had replied here, but then I got sidetracked and did not get back here right away. I was on whereschandra for a while, not as long as many there. I don't remember what I was doing in between, I was at modbee until it shut down. Most of the Chandra sites eventually shut down, except www.justiceforchandra.com which started up.

I have never been to Rock Creek Park, which must be right in Washington. Early news stories in 2001 said that Condit used to ride to Rock Creek Park on his......Harley?.....no, he said he did not have a motorcycle in Washington.....he rode to the park on his bicycle.

I think rd would be glad to see you check in at his site. We discuss other things besides the Chandra case, but a lot of the discussion is about what happened to Chandra. We need all the help we can get.

benn8

I too posted under another hat on the Wheres Chandra site.

I sent approximately three tidbits to the DC police department as well. I did get the typical thanks for your email ya da ya da, on two of my efforts.

I do believe that there is some connection between Chandra and Joyce Chiangs murders.

In the missing poster of Joyce that was distributed, she was wearing a very unique and beautiful necklace, that looked quite expensive. I do believe that the source of that bit of jewelry could have been traced. Also the date her picture was taken to tie in her association with Mr. C. They worked in close proximity in their duties. Joyce was an attorney for Imigration. I had always additionally thought that she may have had information or knowledge of improperly admitted 'terrorist' types. The terrorist types that came to attend school in America, and had their visas or whatever the okay paperwork - and then they never registered to attend ANY college!!!!!!!!!!

I do indeed believe the name of the game is 'Professional Coverup'.

I am reading "The Strange Death of Vincent Foster" by Christopher Ruddy. It is now out of print, but I found a copy. Talk about COVERUP. He was found with a gunshot in his mouth, and small amount of blood, indicating that he was already dead when he was shot. Neatly laid out with arms at each side. Shot with a gun his family said was not his. Shot with a gun made up of parts of two and perhaps three different guns, with two serial numbers dating back to '1913' This is just a small sampling of the factual information that Christopher Ruddy turned up, incredible!!!!!!!! Boatloads of Arkansas folks involved in lots of suspicious activities following the discovery of Foster's body.

I am happy to know there is still a website for Chandra, will have to check it out. God bless her family.

There is an old saw, that a leopard never changes his spots. A great big hmmm for Mr. C.

Another interesting tidbit, Clinton was appearing on LKL the night Foster's body was found.

Sorry to hear about your loss Camper. I think I did send my initial contact and response with the SHE link in a private message to you. Since the message was sent privately to me I did not think that I should post it here.

I am not too used to using the private messages here. I guess I will be able to find what I sent to you somewhere here. I did buy Pat Brown's book KILLING FOR SPORT, Inside the Minds of Serial Killers. I bought a new copy but now that I know a little more about Amazon.com's used book department I think I may go that way from now on. I don't know if Brown's book is so useful for here. She is writing about Serial Killers.

I did like the last two pages of the book. If Brown does profiling for police departments she must have a lot of contact with policemen. Here is what she writes near the very end of the book.

"If the police aren't doing a good job handling a sexual homicide in your community, make a whole lot of noise. When your neighbors get raped and murdered, you should never let the police rest until justice is served. Don't just forget about the crime a week later and assume it's being investigated and by doing so ignore reality. Support the family of the victim by helping them see that the crime is solved and by rallying the community behind them. Make it clear to government officials and law enforcement that the cirizens expect truth, justice, and public safety."

That is a little long, but it seems to the point. I have tried to make a noise in many places but without much result of any kind. We need more noisemakers.,

benn8

What a coincidence. I just picked up that book Vincent foster at a garage sale and have been meaning to get reading it. Now I will. Sorry about your loss Camper hugs to you.

Hi Benn,

Please don't think all your wonderful work has been without effect. The police as you know are often maddingly quiet, but it doesn't mean they don't pay attention to people like you bringing good information and ideas out. They do. We just don't know about it. I'll make some noise too, everyone should.

Hello candy, it is difficult to know if we are doing any good sometimes. As for the Chandra Levy case there ae a lot of people who don't want to get involved. I guess that applies to all cases, a lot of people don't want to get involved. But it isn't always easy to know how to get involved.

I guess we all need each other. If one person comes up with a good idea we can all use it Thanks for writing to me.
benn8

As I have written in other messages I am always wondering why the Otis Thomas story has been completely erased from the Chronology of the Chandra case, so that no mention is made of it at all. Perhaps this is in consideration for the Thomases.

In looking at an old ModBee article yestereday written by Mike Doyle I looked at the Chonology, or timeline, given at the end of the article, and I sent Mike an email asking him about that.

He replied this morning, saying that he did not know exactly--maybe I should just quote him so as to not misquote him.

>>>>I'm not sure why the Otis Thomas element is out of the chronology, as I did
>not put it together. However, I would guess that because he retracted what
>had been very controversial charges, the newspaper's position was that the
>issue was not deserving of notice.
>
>Mike<<<

I sent Mike a followup reply and thanked him and said that I would contact the ModBee and ask them. Anyway this takes part of the Otis Thomas story discussion away from trying to ask the FBI and instead just trying to ask the ModBee, or any other newspaper that does not include the Otis Thomas story.

I think that maybe it is left out in consideration for the Thomases, but there is also the consideration for Chandra and her family to be thought of. Anybody who is interested in this subject could also write to the ModBee, or any other newspaper, asking them why the Otis Thomas story is omitted. Good luck. I am going to write today, or tomorrow.

benn8

I happened to be searching for something yesterday on the web and came across attorney Lin Wood's website. Lin Wood, of course is Gary Condit's attorney handling his lawsuits.

http://www.linwoodlaw.com/

If you go there you can click for details of the Gary Condit v The National Enquirer case, on the front page of the website. You can download the whole case, 45 pages, in Adobe Acrobat.

Maybe that case is already listed somewhere here, but I have not seen it, so I guess it will not hurt to include it here.

benn8

Hello. I am sorry to see that I am the last one to post here on the Chandra Levy murder investigation. There is a little news now, not about the case, but about a book scheduled to come out about May 1, or shortly thereafter.

The book is being self-published and will probably be seen everywhere that self-published books are advertised. Here is the name, if that does not get changed.

"Murder on a Horse Trail: The Disappearance of Chandra Levy"

Here is the link for that thread at the Chandra website where I post. If that does not work just go to www.justiceforchandra.com and that will give a link to the thread.

http://www.justiceforchandra.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2017&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

Nothing new in the book, but it may revive some interest in the case. rd the owner of the website is the author, using citations from many many sources.

Now I can see a possible snafu in getting the book into print, but that probably will not happen.

In the meantime here is something that I have written about the case. We should not give up on the case just because many people have. I realize that there are a lot of other things going on also.

I am quoting myself here:

"Time allows some reassessment of past events. When Congressman Gary Condit's constituents finally became an informed electorate, having learned of many of the things that their Congressman had been doing but concealing from them, at their first opportunity they voted him out of office."

benn8

http://www.unsolved.com/0206-Chiang.html

Part of the article on this link includes this information
"Following her internship, Joyce took a job as a lawyer at the INS. She lived with her brother Roger in the Dupont Circle area of Washington D.C. Chandra
Levy would later move to the same neighborhood'

Also from this same link "To many, similarities between the two were chilling. They both worked for a congressman at one time. Joyce worked for
Representative Berman, who's office was adjacent to Representative Condit's'

From another link - http://www.amw.com/site/archives/19990123/jchiang.html this information is gleaned "Authorities say that Chiang, a lawyer who works
for the Immigration and Naturalization Service, was dropped off by a friend in the Dupont Circle area of Washington, D.C.on January 9, 1999 around 8:20
p.m"

From this link - http://www.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0107/19/wbr.00.html this information is gleaned "And as a member of the House Intelligence
Committee, Congressman Gary Condit has access to the nation's top secrets.

Joyce Chiang dissappeared January 9, 1999
Chandra Levy dissappeared May 2001

My question is this, could it have been possible that Joyce found improprieties while working as a conscientious lawyer for the Imigration and Naturalization
department, and since her office was next door to Condits, that she approached Condit with this information and was made to dissappear?

Additionally since Chandra Levy was intent on finding improprieties in the prison system as well, and may have voiced this concern to Condit as well, then she was
made to dissappear?

Just a few short months after Chandra went missing, came September 11, 2001, and the heat was off of our Mr. Condit, I find this interesting as well. Then we have the story that a quite large number of Osamas relatives were allowed to leave the U.S.A. a day or so BEFORE September 11, 2001

I sit and rock in my little rocking chair and contemplate how convenient all of these happenings seemed to be, for our Mr. Condit. I also wonder HOW and WHO gave the message to Osamas relatives to Get Outta Dodge a big Hmmm for me.

Since I am in charge of nothing in particular, my thoughts may have no meaning whatsoever. My mind keeps coming back to the same ole questions that bother me big time.

Wonder if the Thomas daughter was paid off handsomely or if she gets support or hush money for the little innocent child?

Hello Camper, I am getting more interested in the Joyce Chiang murder--if it was a murder. I look foreward to the Chandra Levy case getting into court, and then I will probably concentrate on Chiang, and there was an intern in Florida who was found dead in her Congressman's office, and also a couple of other interns from California showed up dead in Washington, DC.

Right now I look for the solution to the Levy case to come from the political angle. All of law enforcement seems to have mummed up, possibly because they just don't have anything new to say. The media is also quiet on Levy, but this was a murder of a young lady who was dating a Congressman. What do politicians understand? Voters. The police understand voters also. All of us understand voters in some way or another. When the heat gets on, then maybe a few people will talk.

Right now the new book Murder on a Horse Trail: The Disappearance of Chandra Levy, is on schedule for around May 1. There are now ISBN numbers for the book. They are: 0-595-66433-4 for hardcover, 0-595-31847-9 for paperback, and 0-595-76658-7 for eBook.

Maybe we can generate enough heat so that suddenly law enforcement, and the media, will start saying, "fire, fire, fire." Then there will be some legal proceedings, and not all of that "rumour" language from the DC police.

benn8

When the governmental good ole boys network is in full operation I predict nothing will be discovered, identified, presented or brought to justice. Just two beautiful women who used their heads in discovery, and were taken out to shut them up, and to continue with business as usual.

I don't know what the answer is to finding the murderer or murderers.

If you have not read, please read "The Strange Death of Vincent Foster" by Christopher Ruddy. We find Vincent lying on his back perfectly gently placed, after supposedly firing a gun into his mouth(not his gun)(a gun made from parts from two different guns, dating back to 1800.) Two official reports stating two different locations where his body was found. These are just two of the vastly wild and wonderful mis conclusions relating to his death.

Nopey nope donut think this case will ever be solved, two many clam mouthed good ole boys, who wish to be re-elected. Heard a gentleman on the radio the other day, telling how shenanigans by underlings had led our presidents down the garden path since Franklin Roosevelt. The gentleman was raving on and on and making some excellent points, and ending up saying, "There are not enough telephone polls in America, on which to hang all of these men."

Most likely Washington DC police have been written out of the script for solving this case or any other case involving governmental groupies/entities of a high elected caliber.

I maintain that the World Trade Center was involved in both of these young womens murders. That is my opinion in putting one and one together and getting this strange total.

in the current Globe. I hardly ever pick this tab up.

Consider this, that Joyce Chiang was in a perfect position to become aware of the terrorists with student visas attending flight schools in AMerica. The article points to the year 2000 in regard to this and builds up to the time 9/11 happened. Joyce's dead body was found in 1999, hmmm.

Now then WHO would Joyce Chiang have told of her suspicions of this information that she MAY have found during her duties with imigration information? Would she have told Condit, who was privy to national security information? Would he have deep sixed it, either through stupidity, OR might there have been another reason. (This is all speculation on my part as to whether she had this information or not and or who she would have told.)

The Globe article points to a Minneapolis FBI office agent who had firm information about what was happening. A must read, I am not going to print info on here, if anyone cares enough to seek it out and read it, good.

Camper, I thought that Joyce Chiang worked for a time for a Congressman right across the hall from Condit's office. I am not certain that Condit was into secrets much, except for his own activities.

Joyce has a brother still living, and he might be receptive to receiving letters about Joyce. I have not looked at the case that close as yet. Jennifer Baker did not know that Chandra was dating Condit, and Flammini did not know either that Chandra was dating Condit. Condit could have dated girls who disappeared and no one ever connected them to Condit.

Just my opinion.

benn8

They were all from California, Joyce, Condit and the person she worked for, I dis remember whether it was a congressman or what his job was in the government. But to even think that they did not all know each other is remote. As I recall their offices were side by side.

So much time has elapsed, since I was hot on Joyce's murder, that I cannot rant on too much about details.

Who and how would you relate suspicious information to on matters vital to national security? Especially if you worked next to someone who had connections to check things out?? My ordinary common sense tells me one thing, but how would you relate this type of information?

Was her job as an attorney for the INS, to check out and make sure suspicious persons were actually 'registered for classes' on their student visas?

Would she have done this on her own, or could information have been given to her? More questions than answers, and it would appear that no real digging was done, to find answers for her death. IMOP.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbi708
Back