Steph Watts last-minute defense witness

So he has a judge recused for reading blogs and now he's calling a blogger for his defense?:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

You can list whomever you want as a witness, but getting a subpoena issued for an out of state witness is next to impossible. Unless Steph Watts voluntarily decides to appear, we will not be seeing him.

Now THAT makes sense! ICA could kill her without seeing it, and had time for one last swim in the pool since she wasn't planning to come back home. Wonder why all the phone calls to parents that day, though? Any ideas?

I kinda always had the theory the phone calls were to make sure no one was home so she had time to get in and out without seeing CA and GA.

Now THAT makes sense! ICA could kill her without seeing it, and had time for one last swim in the pool since she wasn't planning to come back home. Wonder why all the phone calls to parents that day, though? Any ideas?

I think the phone calls were to make sure no one was coming home, wouldn't want anyone coming in and catching her in the act.

Steph claims she told him she left it down the day after Fathers day, that would make it the evening of the 16th not the morning as Jose stated in opening statements. Someone needs to get their dates straight.

It was an above ground pool, and Cindy commented, in detail that she remembers that she had left the ladder down the dy after Fathers Day.

Well...the Defense has put forward a "defense" so I guess we are going with ICA "says". The Defense has an affirmative defense: Casey was molested. Casey doesn't know anything. Casey is not at fault for anything.

Having gone into that...how will the pool ladder play for the jury. NOT so much. Also the dates are not correct. Not at all. And even if said pool ladder was laid out...(not that I believe this BS) where was Casey when Caylee drowned? I get it...George was supposed to look after Caylee because CASEY had something earth-shattering to do...not so much.

You can list whomever you want as a witness, but getting a subpoena issued for an out of state witness is next to impossible. Unless Steph Watts voluntarily decides to appear, we will not be seeing him.

What about someone a cruise ship?

Ummm?

Haven't we been here before? I mean I know JB is not the fastest turtle in the box, but hasn't he already been "schooled" by the judge on just this subject?

Steph Watts IS A JOURNALIST!!! He was working for Fox News at the time of this interview. Remember the whole "we want to add Kathi Belich to our witness list debacle"?

To quote from the estimed RHornsby's wonderfully educational blog post on the subject back when JB tried to haul in KB. http://blog.richardhornsby.com/2011/02/the-rule-of-sequestration/

to overcome the privilege, Baez and Co. would have to show:

1. The information is relevant and material to unresolved issues that have been raised in the proceeding for which the information is sought;
2. The information cannot be obtained from alternative sources; and
3. A compelling interest exists for requiring disclosure of the information.

While 1 and 3 might barely be possible, there is no way that #2 is satisfied. The reporter was interviewing one of the primary witnesses in the case. All he is doing is reporting on what the witness said. The witness is available to be questioned.

I think it's going to come too little and too late. Once the SA's are done presenting their case and JB finally is able to even call witnesses he's going to fall flat IMO! He doesn't even have anyone besides Watts to call for the DT does he? I think he is just mostly recalling the states wittnesses, he even lost most of his forensic people!

IMO by the time he even gets around to calling him the jury will already have ICA halfway down the hall to the death chamber.

I really hope he falls flat but my fear is his sensationalism (can we say The Jose Baez Entertainment Show?). He puts so much stuff out there in such an alarming way he throws the average person for a loop.

I have listened to many opening statements, reported on them on TV, Radio and print. I am forever taking notes on key points but his opening statements had me reeling, it was information, albiet hideous, overload. I actually had to go and transcribe his whole speech just to ensure I got everything. (On that note Kronk still makes no sense.

My other concern is him being the last thing that people remember, all this bricklaying by the state is incredible, but for someone sitting there for 6-8 weeks not being able to talk about it at all, I think it will be forgetable (excepting today). These people have to take in the information ONCE. I have read most things over and over ...

It is early but Baez BS scares me.

I do want a first in this case: I want Casey Anthony to be the first mother accused of killing her child to get the death penalty. There's always a first. It's time for a first.

Yeah I can't wait until JB tries to explain how he goes from GA holding Caylee in his arms to RK hiding the body for months just for the reward money. This ought to be a doosey.

Mr Hornsby how can the SA's bring up the $200,000 that ICA (and JB) made on Caylee's photos? Is it possible? I sure hope so!

It's odd that this witness is one of JBs friends at Fox and only got added recently.

The testimony that Steph will offer was available very early on, and shows me that the DT cobbled this story together at the very last moment.

This guy could have been added to the list years ago.

It's Steph Watts, isn't it?

aha, ignore, didn't realise his full name was Stephen (LOL those media types)

I like Steph but I don't think his testimony is going to count. I could probably go back through all his blog talk radio shows and try and find if/when he ever said that about the ladder.

I read Mark's book Murder Business he talked about sitting down with them now I can't find the darn book for reference

It's odd that this witness is one of JBs friends at Fo x and only got added recently.

The testimony that Steph will offer was available very early on, and shows me that the DT cobbled this story together at the very last moment.

This guy could have been added to the list years ago.

Video
of MF about pool

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vEbEbmG9DRs"]YouTube - ‪caylee marie anthony case mark fuhrman timeline‬‏[/ame]

Yeah I can't wait until JB tries to explain how he goes from GA holding Caylee in his arms to RK hiding the body for months just for the reward money. This ought to be a doosey.

Mr Hornsby how can the SA's bring up the $200,000 that ICA (and JB) made on Caylee's photos? Is it possible? I sure hope so!

Only if she testifies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back