FL FL - Tammy Leppert, 18, Cocoa Beach, 6 July 1983

Question Has anyone ever looked at the possiblility that "the Vampire Rapist" John Brennan Crutchley, living in Malabar, Brevard County, Florida was ever looked at as a vibleable suspect? He kept trinkets of his victims. They found allot of items in his home at the time of his arrest in 1985. Just a thought.

Detective Cooper with the CBPD told me he has been ruled out as a suspect.

Thinking of Tammy today and hoping for news...maybe this big special supermoon can shine light into many dark corners and bring the missing home.

I have always been interested in the Tammy Lynn Leppert case. I really think that the male friend had something to do with her disappearance. Was it ever confirmed if this friend was her boyfriend? Also it was rumored that she may have been 3 months pregnant. The only thing I could think is that this friend was the father to the child, and maybe he wanted her to have an abortion and she told him no? And then maybe he killed her? I think this is the only logical theory because he let her off in a bank parking lot near a gas station, it was a busy area. You would think someone would remember seeing her walk?

There was a psychic, can't remember his name, (Brian?) who said Tammy was living under another name in the Las Vegas area and does not wish to be found. I wonder if anyone has looked in Las Vegas for her. If she is still acting unstable, it might be easier to find her. I wonder if she is still in fear for her life? I just don't see her dead; there isn't a shred of proof. Very frustrating.

I asked Suzanne if she minded me posting this. I did not want to step on anyone toes but i've been thinking about this tip forever now and can't stop thinking about it. I sent this information into LE a long time ago which that went no where. Also someone else from this site tried too which that went no where.

One day, I was fiddling around on the florida department of law enforcement looking for fugitives. They have a search option. I wasn't looking for Tammy but she's the first person to come to mind so I used stats comparable to hers (I get bored sometimes LOL) While going through pictures a picture stood out. I noticed the woman used the name 'susan' and looked very similiar. Once I sent it to Suzanne she pointed out this lady was using a family name.

So for my peace of mind can someone tell me ITS NOT HER??? Maybe she's related somehow and just looks kinda like Tammy or something. I just wanted to post it here. I know you all are very smart and if it was here you could figure it out! At least I won't have to wonder for the next 80 years now, I know I would too because I've been thinking about it constantly since the beginning of 2009 when I came across it. OHHHHHH and the biggest thing that makes me wonder.. shortly after coming across this information.. It was yanked from the FDLE site..... But luckilly I saved screen shots :great:

I'm going to try to post pictures. I'm adding a photobucket link.

http://photobucket.com/tammyleppert

Attachments

• TammySusan.jpg
    TammySusan.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 81
  • SusanEllenCurtis.JPG
    SusanEllenCurtis.JPG
    121.3 KB · Views: 67
  • L47752.jpg
    L47752.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 45
  • SUSANCURTIS.JPG
    SUSANCURTIS.JPG
    116.9 KB · Views: 56
I asked Suzanne if she minded me posting this. I did not want to step on anyone toes but i've been thinking about this tip forever now and can't stop thinking about it. I sent this information into LE a long time ago which that went no where. Also someone else from this site tried too which that went no where.

One day, I was fiddling around on the florida department of law enforcement looking for fugitives. They have a search option. I wasn't looking for Tammy but she's the first person to come to mind so I used stats comparable to hers (I get bored sometimes LOL) While going through pictures a picture stood out. I noticed the woman used the name 'susan' and looked very similiar. Once I sent it to Suzanne she pointed out this lady was using a family name.

So for my peace of mind can someone tell me ITS NOT HER??? Maybe she's related somehow and just looks kinda like Tammy or something. I just wanted to post it here. I know you all are very smart and if it was here you could figure it out! At least I won't have to wonder for the next 80 years now, I know I would too because I've been thinking about it constantly since the beginning of 2009 when I came across it. OHHHHHH and the biggest thing that makes me wonder.. shortly after coming across this information.. It was yanked from the FDLE site..... But luckilly I saved screen shots :great:

What did Suzanne think about the resemblence? Does she think it could be her?

Suzanne did not give her opinion one way or another.

Maybe she just got tired of being in the lime light, (and also it says she was scared for her own life) so then maybe she went missing voluntary and assumed someone else's identity. It might be a little far fetched, but she just disappeared into thin air.

If she is alive, it would be nice for her to contact her sister to let her know she is okay.

IIRC, this inmate photo has been brought into the mix before. I would expect FDLE to mention to Tammy's sister if this inmate was Tammy, but they are not obligated to mores the pity.

BBM.

It's not her. "Susan" very definitely is not Tammy Leppert. This video shows the differences. With the eyes and noses aligned, Susan's face is longer, and her mouth and chin are much lower.

YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.

Ms Suzanne asked me to do an age-progression to show what Tammy might look like at the age of 45. I had never done age-progressions before, but I told her I'd give it a shot. Here's what I came up with:

2240160140045078242S600x600Q851.jpg

Ms Suzanne asked me to do an age-progression to show what Tammy might look like at the age of 45. I had never done age-progressions before, but I told her I'd give it a shot. Here's what I came up with:

2240160140045078242S600x600Q851.jpg
Oh,It's beautiful.Thank you Thank you so much.this is very special to me.I know I have really always looked for her dead.But maybe there really is hope we will find her alive so I don't have to look for her as unidentified homicide murder victims any more.

Suzanne, there's always hope... and you must know many people, with their hearts and prayers, hope with you.

If any one see's someone that looks like this please let me know.

For you Tammy

Happy New Year Wish

My Happy New Year wish for you
Is for your best year yet,
A year where life is peaceful,
And what you want, you get.
A year in which you cherish
The past year’s memories,
And live your life each new day,
Full of bright expectancies.
I wish for you a holiday
With happiness galore;
And when it’s done, I wish you
Happy New Year, and many more.

By Joanna Fuchs

I will never quit looking for you.I've looked a long time.I do care very much for you.I just want to know if you are ok.I do not want to look for you dead any more.I want a year where life is peaceful.Where this all ends.

John Brennan Crutchley

I wonder if this case might be related to the disappearance of Tammy Lynn Leppert?

----------------------------------------------
Detectives hope to link skull to "vampire rapist"
Written by:
Christopher Collette
8 October 2010

Malabar, Florida -- A reconstruction of a skull found in Malabar, enhanced by a forensic artist who added a face to it, has yet to yield the results cold case homicide agents hoped for.

Agents with the Brevard County Sheriff's Office think the reconstructed skull will not only lead to the dead woman's identity but also tie John B. Crutchley, the "Vampire Rapist" to a string of murders that occurred locally in the mid-1980s.

In May, agents released photographs of the enhanced skull but still have no leads.
"We normally get two or three calls on something like this," Homicide Agent Sgt. Carlos Reyes said. "On this one, we did not."

Reyes said he received a call from another police agency on Florida's west coast investigating a disappearance, but it was determined quickly that it was not a match.
Crutchley kidnapped and raped a young hitchhiker in 1985. Then, while she was tied up, he inserted a hypodermic needle into her arm and attached it to a hose leading to his mouth. On several occasions, while she was bound and gagged in his Malabar home, Crutchley drank her blood. He even poured some into a large glass and gulped it all down. The girl managed to escape, and Crutchley pleaded guilty to rape.

That's when he became known as the "Vampire Rapist."

Crutchley, who died in prison in 2002 while practicing autoerotic asphyxiation -- suffocating himself during sexual arousal -- was a suspect in several states in more than 30 homicides or missing women cases.

Even though six driver's licenses belonging to dead women were found in his desk at Harris Corp. where he worked, no murders could ever be linked to Crutchley.

Melbourne attorney Joe Mitchell, who represented Crutchley, said earlier this year that it was thought Crutchley drank his victim's blood until they died. He would then dismember the bodies and scatter the parts all over.

That would explain why investigators found partial skeletal remains of a half-dozen women in the wooded area of Malabar, where this skull was found in 1985.

DNA and other information was sent to a nationwide program at the University of North Texas, Reyes said, which eventually will become a massive database aimed at identifying remains. The Center for Human Identification works to generate anthropological and DNA profiles then searches all FBI DNA profiles to see whether there is a match.

Reyes said that process could take some time before yielding a result but still hopes he can help bring closure to the dead woman's family.

"Sometimes we win these things," he said. "Sometimes we don't."

John A. Torres, Florida Today

See photos at link below.

LINK:

http://www.wtsp.com/news/local/crime/story.aspx?storyid=149917

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads