17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #18

Status
Not open for further replies.
NBC Fires Producer of Misleading Zimmerman Tape..

NBC News has fired a producer who was involved in the production of a misleading segment about the Trayvon Martin case in Florida.

The person was fired on Thursday, according to two people with direct knowledge of the disciplinary action who declined to be identified discussing internal company matters. They also declined to name the fired producer. A spokeswoman for NBC News declined to comment.

http://mediadecoder.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/04/06/nbc-fires-producer-of-misleading-zimmerman-tape/

In the lockup video the first officer pulls his shirt part way out, which was neatly tucked in, as he searches GZ's jacket pockets. As they start to walk into the office, GZ appears to ask the second officer to tuck in his shirt which the officer does. IMO the gun was tucked into his waistband between his shirt and his pants. If it were hidden under his shirt he would have never gotten it out and if he did his shirt would have been pulled completely out as well. He was cuffed as soon as LE got there and was still cuff when he reach headquaters. Yes, you would be able to see the gun handle if it were clipped to his pants. jmo

If it was between his shirt and pants, it would not have been visible to TM.

And I'm thinking he could have untucked his shirt to get the gun. Perhaps he asked an officer on the scene to tuck his shirt back in (much like the officer in the tape does) and that officer complied too.

The gun had to come out someway. Seems he had to pull his shirt up to get it to me.

JMO

I'm explaining what GZ could have been doing following TM around the corner and despite what the dispatcher said and I'm not sure of GZ's location when he said it. What law did GZ break going behind the building?

Really I'm probing for probable cause on the part of GZ. What was illegal about GZ going behind the building?

I did not say he broke a law. I said he was under no authority to follow TM. No told him to follow, he made that decision on his own knowing he was not authorized to do so. He took it upon himself to take the law into his own hands. LE was on the way and it was LE's job to check TM out.....it was not GZ's job. jmo

GZ's attorney would have sounded more intelligent claiming a coup countercoup injury, but that too would required diagnostics, and GZ probably would have had to go to the hospital.

Still not understanding how going to the store after dinner says anything about his intentions or character. I hope this kind of thinking is not present in the grand jury proceedings.
It doesn't. Just like wearing a hoodie and walking doesn't say anything about TM's intention or character!! JMHO

NBC Fires Producer of Misleading Zimmerman Tape..

NBC News has fired a producer who was involved in the production of a misleading segment about the Trayvon Martin case in Florida.

The person was fired on Thursday, according to two people with direct knowledge of the disciplinary action who declined to be identified discussing internal company matters. They also declined to name the fired producer. A spokeswoman for NBC News declined to comment.

http://mediadecoder.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/04/06/nbc-fires-producer-of-misleading-zimmerman-tape/

I don't know that the editing of the tape should have warranted firing of a person from his job. Hope GZ knows how far reaching his actions have been!

GEORGE ZIMMERMAN WAS STILL TALKING TO THE 911 DISPATCHER when Robert Zimmerman says TM brutally attacked and beat his son. In fact, it is then and only then that the dispatcher asked GZ for an address for where he was parked!

Well we just know this isn't true unless the 911 tape was redacted and not released publicly. We also know there was no first confrontation at the truck as the 911 tape indicates unless it's been redacted. I have trouble listening to anything the father of GZ's been saying, <modsnip> JMO

Exactly, it is difficult to read "between the lines" sometimes. I'm thinking that if there is an arrest of GZ it will be because he was told by dispatch to not follow. Not sure he will face murder. still pondering
Just a reminder:

"Okay. We don't need you to do that."

"And interesting that Bonaparte goes so far as to say that Tracy Martin "misconstrued" the conversation with LE where Martin states LE characterized Zimmerman as "squeaky clean"."

Those are the words of Chief Lee, not Norton Bonaparte, Jr.
It was a questionaire to the now former Police Chief. You know, the one that 'temporarily" has stepped down. I don't think it can necessarily be construed as an official position on anything by the City of Sanford.

The PDF is here: http://www.sanfordfl.gov/investigation/docs/Zimmerman_Martin_shooting.pdf

Correct, they are the words of Chief Lee.

Bonaparte asked Lee the questions, Lee is giving the answers, it doesn't state that it's the city's or Bonaparte's position.

In an effort to continue to be as responsive as possible to the public seeking information on the incident, I have asked Chief Lee to provide answers to some of the most frequently asked questions regarding this matter. Below are his responses. Please understand that since this is still an ongoing investigation, the Police Department is limited in what
information it can publicly release.

Lee is saying that LE did tell Travon's father that GZ was 'squeaky clean', the fact that LE said it is not in dispute. But Lee claims that LE meant that it was GZ who was saying he was squeaky clean. Chief Lee's CYA, in my opinion.

Why was George Zimmerman labeled as &#8220;squeaky clean&#8221; when in fact he has a prior arrest history?

In one of the initial meetings with the father of the victim the investigator related to him the account that Mr. Zimmerman provided of the incident. At that time the investigator said that Mr. Zimmerman portrayed himself to be &#8220;squeaky clean&#8221;. We are aware of the background information regarding both individuals involved in this event. We believe Mr. Martin may have misconstrued this information.

JMHO

BBM..But we ALL know GZ did have a problem, and the problem was with TM..We also know GZ had already called the police on TM and GZ knew they were on their way... IIRC He also requested LE call him when they arrived on the premises and he would advise them as to where he was... JMHO

And what other reason would GZ have in telling op to have LE call him when they arrived, except that he knew he wasn't going to be in one place, but would be trailing TM!?

GZ is not a security watchman. He had no authority from anyone to follow TM. He was asked by LE to stay with his car to meet the patrol car. He has no authority from the HOA. He had no authority to even question TM. With LE on the phone he could have asked TM where he was going and didn't use that opportunity to do so. He was just a private citizen who was just suppose to call in suspicious behavior...which to GZ is walking in the rain wearing a hoodie. jmo

IIRC, Didn't he tell dispatch he is walking toward me, coming to check me out?
Why didn't he at that time when he was on the phone with LE identify himself to TM as being part of the neighborhood watch and ask TM WHY he was there and where was he going? I'm thinking IF a person was up to no good, just knowing GZ was on the phone with LE would have been somewhat of a deterrent for a person who may be planning to commit a crime..JMHO

Well we just know this isn't true unless the 911 tape was redacted and not released publicly. We also know there was no first confrontation at the truck as the 911 tape indicates unless it's been redacted. I have trouble listening to anything the father of GZ's been saying, it's like listening to Cindy Anthony's twin. JMO

I think the entire load of bs is a feeble attempt to get his son off that back sidewalk. I haven't even touched on the other obvious problem with this tale and that's the documented positioning of the body. It wasn't anywhere near where this attack/killing happened in Robert's latest tale.

I did not say he broke a law. I said he was under no authority to follow TM. No told him to follow, he made that decision on his own knowing he was not authorized to do so. He took it upon himself to take the law into his own hands. LE was on the way and it was LE's job to check TM out.....it was not GZ's job. jmo

ok understand I'm not a lawyer but I do have had some legal classes and one lesson I'll never forget is what my law professor said one day.

It doesn't have to be fair, it doesn't have to be just, it just has to be legal.

The misconception here, is that he doesn't have to have authority to follow someone who is in public, while waiting for LE to show up and investigate.

Where would we be, as a society, if you saw something you thought was suspicious and you don't have a right to keep an eye on the person while the cop you just called is on the way?

The theory is that it's LE's job. Always has been. Private citizens are asked not to interfer. TM was no danger to anyone at the point GZ called it in. TM was not flashing a gun, was doing nothing that indicated he was committing a crime and LE was just sending out a car to check him out. LE would have pulled up, gotten out when they saw TM and asked him politely if he lived there. After that TM would have been on his way. Private citizens are not trained to handle the type of situation GZ created by not listening. He took the law into his own hands. He has no right to do that...it's not an "against the law thing". It's a respect of the law and what you were asked to do by LE which was to stay with his car and wait for LE to get there...they were on their way. GZ took that control away from LE, he put TM's life in danger by doing so. He put everyone else's life in the area in danger because he discharged his weapon. We have to respect the law and let officers do their job. If we don't there will continue to be more people who die for no good reason. I'd say all the people who called 911 understood what LE said in those NWP meetings. Call it in and let us do our job without interference. GZ was interferring. jmo

I think the entire load of bs is a feeble attempt to get his son off that back sidewalk. I haven't even touched on the other obvious problem with this tale and that's the documented positioning of the body. It wasn't anywhere near where this attack/killing happened in Robert's latest tale.

I haven't seen the interview with him. I agree he's trying to get his son off and doing a poor job of it too.

ok understand I'm not a lawyer but I do have had some legal classes and one lesson I'll never forget is what my law professor said one day.

It doesn't have to be fair, it doesn't have to be just, it just has to be legal.

That is probably not a very good example of what happened here. Seems GZ might have taken the same class. jmo

I wonder if the appointed prosecutor has actually met with George Zimmerman or if he has refused to cooperate now that the case is out of the hands of the Sanford PD? Has Zimmerman's attorney made any statements about him still cooperating with the investigation?

I really, really, really want to see GZ's written police report and recorded statement from the night of the shooting and I also want to see the taped walk through. I want to know what GZ said the night of the shooting and the next day in his own words. I think it's the only way to really map out what GZ did that night?

We have to remember that early on, Zimmerman's father flat out denied that GZ followed Trayvon at all... and comes to find out that he may have actually been on the scene during the walkthrough so was that part of Zimmerman's original statement?? That he never followed Trayvon when we all know he admitted to following Trayvon and can hear him doing it?

I don't understand how they can release a video of GZ in the SPD that night, but can't release his written statement... at least!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RayaCo