UNSOLVED AL - Russell Co, (Ghost?) Child, >10, Bones Found in Mobile Home Floor, Oct'04

I do believe sometimes a soul is so distressed that it gets lost and does not cross over. This story is very eerie and I believe everything Stephanie said she was told. At 5 years old, and child doesn't make this up and continue for 5 years talking to the same "friend". Her friend is apparently real to her. Duct tape OVER the insulation where the bones were found does not sound like a "rodent" put the bones there. It would have to be big rodent to carry a pelvic bone, even if it's from a child.

Rodents might have chewed on them, but I doubt that they could carry the bones unless it was a cat sized rat maybe. I wonder if Stephanie could give LE a description of the little girl? This is a fascinating case. Did it say when her grandparents purchased the home?

Rodents might have chewed on them, but I doubt that they could carry the bones unless it was a cat sized rat maybe. I wonder if Stephanie could give LE a description of the little girl? This is a fascinating case. Did it say when her grandparents purchased the home?

Yes, they purchased it in 1998 - this was stated in a snippet of another article I found that I could not read the whole thing. In any case, I get the impression that the house was purchased by the grandparents for the parents of the girl to live in. It was a 1986 model, so I'd imagine that part of the problem would be determining where it has been for almost 20 years.

The bones were discovered in 2004 and are known to be of a child at least 10 years old and who had been deceased for at least 10 years prior.

The rodent theory could include muskrats, etc., not necessarily rats. Even with duct tape over stuff, rodents can get in just about any place they choose. =p They're crafty little buggers. The rodent theory came about because there is evidence that the bones had been chewed on and had dirt on them and were most probably outside at some point before ending up where they were discovered.

So the little girl probably died somewhere around 1993-1994? I am going to look in neighboring states.

ETA: possible matches?

Shykeimia

Ashani

Celina (she was 12 when she disappeared but I am including her anyway)

Well, from the initial article, it seems that they know that the child was deceased at least 10 years prior...there's no other limit set...so I wouldn't necessarily limit it to 1993-1994. They also said that the bones were that of a child at least 10 years old...so that could really open up things to any age as well - probably not someone in their 80s, but I think you can get my point...

I'm guessing that there probably wasn't enough of a skeleton found to give even an accurate range of date of death or age...and that due to the state of the bones, they probably believe that they belong to someone who was never reported missing.

There may be more information in the article that I couldn't read, but I also could not find any information on the web beyond the ghost story part of it.

So this little dead girl was able to relay the details of her death, dismemberment and disposal at the hands of the masked killer yet she can't provide her own name?

:confused: :confused: :confused:

No offense intended but it seems rather dubious to me.

Well, from the initial article, it seems that they know that the child was deceased at least 10 years prior...there's no other limit set...so I wouldn't necessarily limit it to 1993-1994. They also said that the bones were that of a child at least 10 years old...so that could really open up things to any age as well - probably not someone in their 80s, but I think you can get my point...

I'm guessing that there probably wasn't enough of a skeleton found to give even an accurate range of date of death or age...and that due to the state of the bones, they probably believe that they belong to someone who was never reported missing.

There may be more information in the article that I couldn't read, but I also could not find any information on the web beyond the ghost story part of it.

I started in 93-94 because they had been there at least since '94. I wonder what year the mobile home is? That would narrow it down some also.

Hi
I wonder where in Georgia they had lived(a few places?)to find out where the trailer had been.My first thought was maybe the little girl witnessed something a long time ago while she was younger.I am wondering if the police ever said the bones were a girl and what the childs actual race was.This is some ones little girl or little boy.someone cares about what became of this child.

suzanne

I don't know what to think of this story. Maybe the little girl who played with her "ghost" should be shown pictures of missing little girls to see if she sees her little playmate in any of them. Not being mean, like I say, I don't know what to think. It is just so crazy. :crazy: Wonder how long it has been since the little girl saw the ghost. Never saw a ghost, never heard a ghost and don't know if I really believe in them but this is quite interesting.

Hi
I agree with you.I wonder if they did show pictures to the little girl.I just see the Ghost part too everywhere.They are forgetting there are the bones of a real child here that is I think still unidentified.This is someones child.I know someone cares where this child is and what happened to her or him.I'm saying if these remains are still unidentified they should be put on more Unidentified cases places rather than just Ghost stories.That's sad.

suzanne

Very interesting. I've really never believed in ghosts,but who knows. I say if they have nothing else to go on it's worth looking into.

Hi
I put her on my board too and I just put her any where I could think of.Someone knows who she is.they need to retry the DNA test.

I'm curious does anyone know more on this girl and if all her remains were found.

Tiffany Elizabeth Nelson

http://www.angelfire.com/mi3/mpccn/tnelson.html

suzanne

Hi
I also wonder where all in Georgia and else where the trailer had been.

suzanne

Hmmmmm.... so, they think the child's body was buried outside for a time.... I'm trying to figure out why someone would bury a body and then dig up the bones and put them under the floorboards...??? ??? That doesn't make sense.

If they can pinpoint the person who owned the trailer when some renovations were done (if there's any records or memory of it).. that might be the missing link. But this is a tough one.

Hmmmmm.... so, they think the child's body was buried outside for a time.... I'm trying to figure out why someone would bury a body and then dig up the bones and put them under the floorboards...??? ??? That doesn't make sense.

If they can pinpoint the person who owned the trailer when some renovations were done (if there's any records or memory of it).. that might be the missing link. But this is a tough one.
They are not certain the bones wre placed in the underside of trailer by hunans. It could have been done by animals. Having once lived in a mobile home I can say that is possible. Had raccoons living under my home once and they loved to tear up the insulation and live up inside it.

But before I go farther: Are we certain someone is not having fun with us in some way. This case just sounds odd somehow.

They are not certain the bones wre placed in the underside of trailer by hunans. It could have been done by animals. Having once lived in a mobile home I can say that is possible. Had raccoons living under my home once and they loved to tear up the insulation and live up inside it.

But before I go farther: Are we certain someone is not having fun with us in some way. This case just sounds odd somehow.

It's possible someone's having fun, but remember, spiritualism was born with the Fox sisters and their knockings in New York. There WAS a body buried in the cellar.

It's possible someone's having fun, but remember, spiritualism was born with the Fox sisters and their knockings in New York. There WAS a body buried in the cellar.

I thought the Fox sisters later admitted they created the knocking noises by popping their toes?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amberraff
Back