Peru - Stephany Flores, 21, murdered in Lima hotel room, 30 May 2010 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Question: Joran van der Sloot strikes again, another girl murdered #2

How do we know he murdered her? Are we not relying on another Country for information? I'm not standing up for the creep - but the thread would be better off saying: JVS suspected in another murdered girl.

Not a big deal, but WS has always been fair in all cases.

MOO

Mel

How do we know he murdered her? Are we not relying on another Country for information? I'm not standing up for the creep - but the thread would be better off saying: JVS suspected in another murdered girl.

MOO

Mel

I don't think it's been 100% confirmed that Joran murdered her. However, since there was an international warrant issued for his arrest, I'd say the authorities have some pretty strong evidence to link him.

From Tadpole12: article from thread 1

<snip>
Tacopina:

But van der Sloot's attorney, Joseph Tacopina, told CNN that people should avoid jumping to conclusions in the case.

"If history teaches us any lesson from [the] van der Sloot-Holloway case, it's that there have been way too many false facts that have been leaked and rumors that have been proven untrue," Tacopina said.

"We need to take a step back," he said. "I have not been contacted and the family has not been contacted. Joran has not been asked by anyone to surrender."

<snip>

Maybe not officially. But this seems a stretch, IDK.
Well, now that's plain ridiculous. If an arrest warrant has been issued, why wouldn't someone request him to go to LE. Better to risk him dying in a hail of bullets? Sorry for being so dramatic, but a mother would call her son and tell him to make his whereabouts known.
PS- I wonder if they can track his cell phone...especially since (IIRC) international phones work off satellites.

If he murdered the girl, why wouldn't he just kill someone to get a car or a place to hide.

From Tadpole12: article from thread 1

<snip>
Tacopina:

But van der Sloot's attorney, Joseph Tacopina, told CNN that people should avoid jumping to conclusions in the case.

"If history teaches us any lesson from [the] van der Sloot-Holloway case, it's that there have been way too many false facts that have been leaked and rumors that have been proven untrue," Tacopina said.

"We need to take a step back," he said. "I have not been contacted and the family has not been contacted. Joran has not been asked by anyone to surrender."

<snip>

Maybe not officially. But this seems a stretch, IDK.

So the attorney is in contact with Joran? Cell phone contact? I wonder if he can be tracked through pings from his phone.

Does anyone know yet if it's true? TIA!

Joran van der Sloot Allegedly Committed Suicide near Peru Border...!
June 03, 2010 12:28 AM EDT

http:///viewArticle.action?articleId=281474978275027

Interpol - International Intelligence agency. Right, satellites and secret agents...

MOO

Mel
I thought it said "he strikes again"...but I get what you mean. I've thought that there may be others involved. There's too many strange people showing up after the fact. It's really hard determining anything with all the inconsistent info circulating.

Hi Kat - I could not quote your post on thread #1 because the thread was locked. You made reference to a poster who said Joran may be decompensating (old term, I know, guess that gives away my age range). I also speculated that perhaps the sudden death of his father was a trigger if Joran was indeed decompensating. That was me - purely speculation, but the sloppiness of this murder indicates, IMO, someone who was totally incapable of controlling his urges, and unable to think through the consequences of what would happen. Things like what to do with the body, how to get away, etc.

I also think that it opens up a whole new thought of what happened to Natalee. Perhaps the reason that he would not call paramedics or take her to the ER was because there was no accident. He outright murdered her, and the murder was one that could not be masked as an accident because of the method in which he killed her. So the body had to be disposed of so that it would never be found.

I can't remember who posted that they wondered why Joran's father was thinking looking down from above. But in my opinion Paulus is not looking down at all - he is down, as far as can be. And it is only a matter of time before Paulus and his son have a reunion in a hot, hot place. JMHO and all that.

Why didn't he fly out of the country the moment he left the hotel?

Does anyone know yet of it's true? TIA!

From article above:
<snip>
I have an issue with the theory that it is Joran van der Sloot near the border of Peru and dead. Earlier MSNBC reported that Joran van der Sloot took a plane to Chile the day after the murder of Stephany Flores Ramirez. So why would he come back to Peru after just arriving in Chile. It just doesn’t make sense. I wonder if this is just a bad rumor about the suicide of Joran van der Sloot or maybe someone killed him. <snip>

Does anyone know yet if it's true? TIA!

No confirmation as to the validity of it.

Well, now that's plain ridiculous. If an arrest warrant has been issued, why wouldn't someone request him to go to LE. Better to risk him dying in a hail of bullets? Sorry for being so dramatic, but a mother would call her son and tell him to make his whereabouts known.
PS- I wonder if they can track his cell phone...especially since (IIRC) international phones work off satellites.

Speaking of Mrs. VanderSloot..uhm never mind, I pretty fond of my WS membership. :angel:

Is believing his own schpiel here??? lol

Not to make light of a terrible thing, but it does lead one to wonder.. :waitasec:

Thank you for the new thread! I just saw a tweet about a possible suicide..no way to confirm it of course.

Hi there, I saw that in a Tweet earlier this afternoon and then thought it might have been where that blog got wind of a possible suicide and it popped up on a link. Thank goodness it is not verified and I might include that in my prayers tonight. Awful I know to wish the worst for someone. I just can't give Joran any grace. xox

Has it been mentioned whether or not he traveled with anybody to SA?

Just another two cents. If a body was found that is thought to be Joran's we won't hear anything more until tomorrow at the earliest. The body will have to be identified by next of kin, and maybe even by DNA or dental records to make a definite ID. Will be interesting what more is said about this rumor tomorrow. Best scenario is to capture him alive so he must stand trial and serve his time is one of those "wonderful" Peruvian prisons!

I thought it said "he strikes again"...but I get what you mean. I've thought that there may be others involved. There's too many strange people showing up after the fact. It's really hard determining anything with all the inconsistent info circulating.

What strange people showing up after that fact? I'm not quite following your train of thought.

I agree that there's a lot of wild speculation going on.

does Interpol offer any rewards?

I was wondering that too as I haven't read anything about a reward or just missed it somehow.

Good to see you Txsvicki and you too Mel :blowkiss: Did you ever imagine in your wildest imagination we would be sitting here tonight with the startling news of the day. I almost locked my jaw my mouth opened so wide when I heard the news on TV this afternoon. LOL and xox

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AcerPacer