OK OK - Jamison Family; Truck, IDs, money, & dog found abandoned, Oct 2009 - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
and then there's (w/video) ....

Eufaula Family's Disappearance Still A Mystery One Year Later

---
All that was found was the family's truck, with thousands of dollars inside, and their dog; she had been locked in the cab for a week.

Twelve months later and Mazy is doing fine, but the Jamison family is still searching for answers. They have no idea if the three are alive.
---
Latimer County Sheriff Isreal [sic] Beauchamp says the case has him frustrated and disappointed. But he also points out; state and local authorities have spent nearly a million dollars in the search for the Jamisons.

The sheriff says they've expended dozens leads but haven't found anything to point one way or the other. He says search teams have spent 39 days on the mountain in the past year and tips are still coming in to the FBI and US Marshalls.
---

and more, at
http://www.newson6.com/global/story.asp?s=13294501

[ETA]

here's the video (w/Mazy!)
http://www.newson6.com/Global/category.asp?C=121535&clipId=5182121&autostart=true

From Its Own World That Is Oklahoma, wfgodot writes,

Appreciated, Oriah, but it won't work - I got out the Glock and blasted through a can of Pringles just now, for breakfast.

Good call too on the picture of Madison in the McAlester News article; am I just old (answer: yes) or is dyeing a small child's hair curious behavior?

Soulmagnet: here's what Sheriff Beauchamp had to say in the 02 May Sunday Oklahoman article about what he thinks happened:

"'Throughout this whole process, I’ve found myself going back and forth as to what might have happened,” Beauchamp said. 'I’m at my wit’s end. I have asked for all the help I could get — 12 FBI agents, three OSBI agents, Troop Z (of the Oklahoma Highway Patrol), private investigators who have contacted me. I even belittled myself to the point where I listened to psychics.'"
(---)

"Motives for murder are abundant. Beauchamp said that’s why every possible scenario remains open — robbery, revenge, a bad drug deal, even a professional hit."
(---)

"'I think [the briefcase] might have held a lot of cash,' Beauchamp said. 'I’ve gone back and forth on this thing, but my latest theory — based on how the truck was parked and what was found in the truck — I think they were forced to stop and got out of the truck to meet with someone they recognized. And I think they either left willingly or by force.'"

bbm

Well, that certainly narrows it down! A small county sheriff's office can't investigate on their own due to limited resources. Clearly we need to see more involvement by state officials. Are they still active on the case?

bbm

Well, that certainly narrows it down! A small county sheriff's office can't investigate on their own due to limited resources. Clearly we need to see more involvement by state officials. Are they still active on the case?

I think it's an active case, but am not sure how actively it's being worked. In the newsonsix.com article (my post above) Sheriff Beauchamp claims that nearly a million dollars has been spent so far on the search. It actually, to me, sounds like it has been an impressive investigation - everything they've done (short of finding them, of course!).

Having observed other counties in OK trying to solve (and failing to solve) various cases, I'd give the sheriff and the investigation high marks - with hope of future success, of course. (Btw, help from state officals - the OSBI - is no guarantee of furthering the case; they've been notorious in their failures of late.)

Sorry for the lack of posts. I am out of town and only have limited cell phone/Internet service. Ok, I will try to shed some light. They stopped at a gas station that serves food, not a diner. I will see if I can come up with a name, I am not sure I have that. But I think I have the name of the lady that checked them out. I will see if I can get her number and give her a call. I myself am still puzzled on the chip mystery. I think the dog was in there the whole time, but really I don't know this, it just fits in my theory best. As far as nickel/ jones I will have to see what I can come up with. They own a lot of the property up on the mountain, but the piece the Jamions truck was on had already been sold to a private individual. I wish I could be more help. I have 2 other cases locally I have been working on, hopefully one of them will have a happier ending. I wish I was a fly on the wall at the vigil. I would love to know who all came and what was said.

There is a lot more that I would like to say, but it seems that anytime I post somthing quazi negative someone Copys and pastes it on topix, then slanders my name. So that being said, there are a lot of inconsistancies between family/ friend statements and LE statements. Oh, also wanted to mention that there were spray paint containers in the truck. Apparently one mans art is another mans grafitti.

I do not know the names of the prescriptions they were taking. Sorry. I know there were 6 script bottles last filled on Oct. 1st in Eufaula. Hmmm. That gives me an idea. Any way the DEA could put some sort of a flag in there system incase they did decide to leave voluntarily, and they were just chilling I California. I don't see Bobby being off his pain pills for this long, and it would be hard to buy them on the street if he left his $$$ in the truck. I think for narcotics you have to show ID to pick them up.

sorry I am going back through posts trying to make sure I got everything. The Jamison house is in a subdivision off of texanna rd. Kinda east of eufaula. Porum is just a little ways east of there on texanna rd. then I am thinking they shot south on 2. I am only finding 2 gas stations in porum, not sure which one sells food. I will keep looking.

In the newsonsix.com article (my post above) Sheriff Beauchamp claims that nearly a million dollars has been spent so far on the search.

But do you REALLY think that they have spent almost $1 million dollars on the search? I find that hard to believe. Just sayin'

But do you REALLY think that they have spent almost $1 million dollars on the search? I find that hard to believe. Just sayin'

NO!! It reminds me of Jessica Brown throwing around numbers at the Weleetka girls second anniversary!!

Hard to say, but money spent for hours worked by various factions of LE can add up fast, I'd reckon. Add the $$$ for the various implements - planes, helicopters, drones, the various technological services, lab tests, gas money - and the price tag increases. Still, totaling it up, they've spent, on average, about $80,000 a month since the family went missing? Hm. Hard to say, hard to say.

Whatever the exact amount, for a case in which no crime has been proven to have been committed, it would seem that they've done their due diligence.

NO!! It reminds me of Jessica Brown throwing around numbers at the Weleetka girls second anniversary!!

Jessica Brown! Yargh! (Tears hair out.) That's why I noted above that OSBI involvement guarantees nothing much in particular!

Hard to say, but money spent for hours worked by various factions of LE can add up fast, I'd reckon. Add the $$$ for the various implements - planes, helicopters, drones, the various technological services, lab tests, gas money - and the price tag increases. Still, totaling it up, they've spent, on average, about $80,000 a month since the family went missing? Hm. Hard to say, hard to say.

Whatever the exact amount, for a case in which no crime has been proven to have been committed, it would seem that they've done their due diligence.[/QUOTE]

I'll second that. I find certain aspects of this hard to believe, but also think most would be amazed at how quickly costs do add up for searches. Also, we have no way of determining the allocation methods of the $$ that he states has been used, so it's kind of useless (in my mind) to try and figure out.

By the evidence available, and it being ya know- Oklahoma- I would say due diligence. JMO of course.

YOUR 10/10/10 Print Media Jamisons Update!

So, two days plus one year after the family went missing, exactly one article from the Oklahoma print media has appeared online: McAlester News-Capital's "Friday Vigil Set for Missing Eufaula Family." (link above)

Two TV stations did do a good job covering the vigil, and their accounts (and videos) are also linked above.

This is pretty disappointing - "epic fail" territory, actually. While I don't buy into the notion that the Sunday Oklahoman's May article, in which the parents were revealed to have peculiar notions, has hindered the search effort, it's a debatable thing.

Did that Oklahoman exposé in effect bury this case in terms of public interest? Why is this story fading away?

I'm not sure why this story and these missing people are fading away. They're not fading away for me, that's for sure.

I've been unsuccessful so far in getting Madyson's info updated on NCMEC. What's up with that??? Could ya'll shoot them an email, and politely ask? Maybe they will listen if they get a couple dozen emails.
If NCMEC has her up as endangered missing, then elective disappearence with safe and happy parents was not on their radar at the time she was listed, no matter the circumstances. Since we don't know the circumstances- NCMEC- please update!

I was watching a show on tv last night about another family with a young daughter who came up missing in much the same way. Alot of things are very similar in the cases including wanting to live off the'' grid' I didnt catch the name of the family or the state but I thought it was arkansas.
I also didnt see the whole show because my 13 yr old was throwing her very first teen fit. I was hoping I had time before she flipped her lid but I guess not. So I do not know if I will be able to post much because she will need all my time and attention until she is 19. Glad they are 6 yrs apart and the last one is a boy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong