17-yo Teen Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is my suggestion.

Arrest, charge, and prosecute George Zimmerman. Get the same jury that aquitted Casey Anthony (no dessert lady this time :banghead:) and he'll walk free. It's a win/win. Those of us who believe that George Zimmerman had no right to kill Trayvon will at least get what we want in him having to answer for what he did. All you who feel he did nothing wrong and should be free get what you want.

Hopefully he won't kill again!

I'm laughing to myself because every answer I have read confuses me more. Tell me if i am right: He shoots, the gun is supposed to automatically advance another bullet to the chamber? But the gun did not have a bullet in the chamber (supposed leaked info). This means something stopped the gun from the bullet advancing or GZ did what you said above to deceive the LE??? Is that correct! Tia
What it means to me is we need more forensic evidence to tell us things like stippling from gunpowder burns on clothing or flesh, and gunshot residue and markings on cartridge cases showing if they had been chambered or not. And fingerprints on the gun itself and DNA on the gun itself. Things like this. JMO.

Most people aren't going to check. That's what a media frenzy counts on. A lawyer for the family today was livid that the school had leaked Trayvon's private records - they didn't count on that information getting out. They took Trayvon's twitter offline and made his facebook private, they forgot about google cache and how social networking makes the good old days of pulling the wool over our collective eyes way more difficult.

This family should have stepped back for a week or two. They should have let the special prosecutor do her job. They said it wasn't about race, and now it is. Push, push back.

eta: great catch by the way

Well, I'm livid, too. I think it's inexcusable for a school (or anyone currently or formerly on its staff) to talk to anyone about a student's behavioral issues, especially the media. Of course, it has no bearing whatsoever on the events of the night when Trayvon was killed, although some seem to think so.

I haven't followed that part too closely, so I don't know the details about how info got to the media. But if a school employee shared it... shame on them.

Thank you.
It was a nightmare.A nurse came forward and told his mom the truth of what happened his mom and dad were told his heart stopped not that he was butchered by a DR who had made fatal mistakes on 1 adult and a 6 yr old child before our Steven,then an 8 yr old after.He had been slipping it came out he had Alzheimers.He first took off rib but never told Steven he took it from wrong side.He said xray after operation showed he did not take enough off it was second operation that he cut him to deep.Big cover up Thank God for the Nurse who stood up and told the truth.He was only 27.sorry for the o/t
That is a nightmare, thank god for that nurse. Big hug smilie.

"Nzinga is being held on $10,000 bond. Tuesday afternoon, records showed he was still incarcerated.

On his Facebook page, Nzinga states he is the New Black Panther Party's chief of staff. The organization made headlines Monday for offering a $10,000 reward for the capture of George Zimmerman, the man who shot and killed unarmed Florida teenager Trayvon Martin."

I guess that reward may have to wait.

Did his arrest have anything to do with Trayvon other than being a zealot with an agenda wanting to promote his cause? I think most people are smart enough to see through what he was doing.

After he fired the shot why would he take the next bullet out of the chamber and loaded up the ammo clip again. For safety? Or to imply that there was a struggle with the gun hence the malfunction. I know it is a safe thing to do but was he that collected after he just killed a kid. And did he tell the cops?.

If I was to guess why GZ would remove a live round from the chamber after the shooting, I would say to make the gun safe. I don't think that he would be in the frame of mind to plan a possible excuse of a struggle with the gun that caused a malfunction and a failure to reload of his gun. Too much thought would have to go into it and not enough time. JMO.

This is what I believed happened exactly as you have stated.
My nephew died when the DR cut his Aorta during surgery he died in seconds.

ETA No way TM got up after being shot if he was hit in the aorta.

Wow.. I'm so sorry :(
We trust doctors with our lives and forget that they're just flawed humans like the rest of us capable of mistakes or incompetence! ...
Scary and sad
Horrible tragedy

I agree. There likely will be riots. I am actually amazed that things have remained as calm as they are. In my opinion, it won't last.

Yes and if they riot so many more will die. More mothers will cry and this will help in what way?What makes it okay to riot in the street killing and stealing?Does it bring TM back?All that is accomplished is more division.This is not the sixties anymore.Under FL law anyone shooting at the rioters will not go to jail under this same law.

I think all male kids of around 17 like to act tough regardless of skin color :seeya:

You bet. I'm white but if that had happened to me 31 years ago -when I was 17-, some bozo sneaking up on me like that, I would have become confrontational to say the least.

I don't know if Zimmerman was in his right for that level of self-defense, it's not as easy to determine as some TV shows would lead to believe. In order to be acquitted of murder on the grounds of self-defense it is not sufficient for a person to claim they genuinely believed their life was being threatened, this belief of theirs has to be based on sound judgement otherwise it's like handing out a license to kill to any paranoid freak.

My humble opinion is that when an individual chooses to appoint himself a vigilante he has to accept the risks that come with the "position". One of those risks is that if you kill someone you will have to answer for it and prove to justice you were within your legal right.

Unfortunately the case has become a political issue, meaning that the search for what really happened is largely being superseded by the insanity of sensationalism and quest for votes.

He was arrested as he should be for a weapons crime. But to make it clear, he wasn't arrested for anything to do with Trayvon Martin right?

Nothing to do with Trayvon Martin other than trying to self promote his own line of bs on the back of a dead child.

Yep - Trayvon did NOT KNOW about that gun at first. I don't think he would have punched him if he did. Trayvon punches GZ - GZ hits the ground (and his head), goes to his waist for the gun and that's when Trayvon sees it. Screaming ensues, one shot, Trayvon is dead.

All in a matter of 60 - 120 seconds. Man that's fast.

How much longer are they going to let this all simmer? All the testing that needed to be done is (not doing any DNA tests - that we know of). So why are they keeping it all quiet and the nation in the dark?

Man, I hope we get something soon..................

JMHO

Yep. that would fit that short time frame. With some short snarky verbal confrontation up front. And add pressing the gun against Tray's chest.

I say it makes a lot more sense that Martin felt threatened, decked Zimmerman, who crumpled, and Martin got him in the mount and started wailing on him, or at least grabbing onto his head/wrestling/whatever. During this, I think it would be very hard for Martin to have not realized Zimmerman had a gun if Zimmerman was carrying it in the front of his pants, considering Martin would probably be sitting directly on top of it. I imagine Martin realized what it was, what it meant, and started to go for it. That's when it turned into the "turning point" situation that the defense keeps talking about. Martin was probably grabbing onto the barrel of the gun, which is why the slide potentially did not fully actuate. The shot to the lower sternum would be about consistant with this position, as well. Because of how quickly Martin seemed to have succumbed, I'd venture to say he was hit in the aorta. The severe drop in blood pressure would have knocked him out in seconds.

This is what I think happened as well....and you know what really ticks me off - the parents would have known this.

IMO - all the little boy pictures and putting out to the press that he was just a small child, screaming for his life while this horrible man shot him down like a dog. They know what happened, the police told them, in spite of the usual, "the police are telling us nothing". Bull.

I feel bad for this family, but not so bad I want to see people killed because Al Sharpton needed a cause.

Does anyone know if TM's parents, sharpton and jackson spoke out against the trayvon supporters that ransacked the walgreens? I barely found any coverage of that incident.

You bet. I'm white but if that had happened to me 31 years ago -when I was 17-, some bozo sneaking up on me like that, I would have become confrontational to say the least.

I don't know if Zimmerman was in his right for that level of self-defense, it's not as easy to determine as some TV shows would lead to believe. In order to be acquitted of murder on the grounds of self-defense it is not sufficient for a person to claim they genuinely believed their life was being threatened, this belief of theirs has to be based on sound judgement otherwise it's like handing out a license to kill to any paranoid freak.

My humble opinion is that when an individual chooses to appoint himself a vigilante he has to accept the risks that come with the "position". One of those risks is that if you kill someone you will have to answer for it and prove to justice you were within your legal right.

Unfortunately the case has become a political issue, meaning that the search for what really happened is largely being superseded by the insanity of sensationalism and quest for votes.
:gthanks::goodpost:

AND media ratings!!!

I still want to see what Zimmerman's written statement says (in his own writing, time stamped, etc...) and the recorded interview he did with LE that night. I would like to know what made the initial investigator want to charge him with manslaughter?

I'm seriously done with the Sanford Police "telling us" what Zimmerman claimed happened? Put up or shut up! I want to see for myself what he said happened that night.

This is my suggestion.

Arrest, charge, and prosecute George Zimmerman. Get the same jury that aquitted Casey Anthony (no dessert lady this time :banghead:) and he'll walk free. It's a win/win. Those of us who believe that George Zimmerman had no right to kill Trayvon will at least get what we want in him having to answer for what he did. All you who feel he did nothing wrong and should be free get what you want.

Hopefully he won't kill again!

I know your kidding but if he is arrested just to satisfy mob mentality where will it end?

This is what I think happened as well....and you know what really ticks me off - the parents would have known this.

IMO - all the little boy pictures and putting out to the press that he was just a small child, screaming for his life while this horrible man shot him down like a dog. They know what happened, the police told them, in spite of the usual, "the police are telling us nothing". Bull.

I feel bad for this family, but not so bad I want to see people killed because Al Sharpton needed a cause.

Huffington post had, I think it was at least 20 photos released from the family of TM in a album they created of his life. From birth to prepubescent. Not one within the past few years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VT_Squire