GUILTY CA - Brittany Killgore, 22, Fallbrook, 13 April 2012

SPECULATION -

Could Brittany have been a "present" to Lopez for her birthday. Someone that was brought along for a "3-some"; but maybe not necessarily with her permission. Maybe she was told this was a birthday party, but she found out otherwise. Things got out of hand, she was killed, and Lopez couldn't take it. She left the note (that will tell us a LOT IMHO if we are able to hear this in evidence), then tried to take her own life.

I thought exactly that. I think more will be revealed once we know COD.

I tend to believe that both Perez and Lopez were responsible for disposing the body seeing as where it was found.

I havent seen anywhere how long the husband had been deployed this time and when was he to return? Does anyone know? I am also a bit curious about the divorce filing. The divorce might have nothing to do with all this, but then again it might. Was it filed by her alone or by an attorney? Was it filed jointly by her and husband? Since he was deployed, if he did not consent to the divorce, nothing would happen until he returned from deployment pursuant to the Servicemembers Civil Relief Act. Since she was apparantly leaving for Pennsylvania, what was going to happen to the apartment? Was she just abandoning it and his stuff? Almost sounds to me that something happened in the last week or so where she felt like she suddenly had to leave in a hurry. But then that doesnt seem to jibe with the going out to the dinner/cruise. Strange.

http://www.10news.com/news/30921275/detail.html

there is a lot in this article (I don't even know where to start)

Brittany had shipped her stuff home and was planning to move home this week with her family

Says that Lopez and Perez once lived together and that Perez has a girlfriend and that it may have been Lopez (re: cruise)

so confusing!

arraignment of Lopez is set for today: first degree murder

Think Bob Bashara, RG, and the woman from out west who would come live with them as well....

I havent seen anywhere how long the husband had been deployed this time and when was he to return? Does anyone know? I am also a bit curious about the divorce filing. The divorce might have nothing to do with all this, but then again it might. Was it filed by her alone or by an attorney? Was it filed jointly by her and husband? Since he was deployed, if he did not consent to the divorce, nothing would happen until he returned from deployment pursuant to the Servicemembers Civil Relief Act. Since she was apparantly leaving for Pennsylvania, what was going to happen to the apartment? Was she just abandoning it and his stuff? Almost sounds to me that something happened in the last week or so where she felt like she suddenly had to leave in a hurry. But then that doesnt seem to jibe with the going out to the dinner/cruise. Strange.

Hi, PrairieWind, the dinner cruise plans seem to have gone awry. As you note, it is a time of change, and for both Ms. Lopez (birthday, moving) and Ms. Killgore (moving, divorce) a time of important life markers. To me, the thing most likely to have jarred the relationship of these apparent former friends is alcohol, definitely a game-changer in gatherings with background stress.

Anyone notice she changed her status to single back on March 25th? facebook entry

She was apparantly discussing the then impending divorce with some of her friends in late March and that she would be moving to Penn. So the decision to move wasn't last minute. I wonder if this is the ONLY facebook page she had?

Anyone notice she changed her status to single back on March 25th? facebook entry

Hi, GreyCoupon. She changed her status just a few days before her March 28th birthday. By that time, she had already decided to move back (temporarily) to her parents' home in Pennsylvania.

I don't think that we have to assume that something cataclysmic was taking place in California to force her to make that move. Instead, it might be that nothing was happening there; that even for a 22-year-old girl, hard-partying wears out; that she was tired of hanging out in a military town waiting for a marine with whom she no longer wanted to be married.

Hi, GreyCoupon. She changed her status just a few days before her March 28th birthday. By that time, she had already decided to move back (temporarily) to her parents' home in Pennsylvania.

I don't think that we have to assume that something cataclysmic was taking place in California to force her to make that move. Instead, it might be that nothing was happening there; that she was waiting in a military town for a marine with whom she no longer wanted to be married.

Maybe she was excited to move home and be close to her family again after the breakup of her marriage.

Maybe Lopez was in love with her and did not want her to move back home???

Has anyone seen any more details of the weapons charge against Perez? I find that interesting. I've seen the weapon both called an AR15 and then M16 (which would presumably be stolen from the base) and now seem to be back to AR15. Regardless, people that are into stealing or moving stolen firemarms are dangerous and often work in groups. I wonder if Brittany really knew what kind of people she was associating with?

Yeah, I don't necessarily think some sudden thing made her leave. I know having a spouse deployed is really hard on a relationship. The fact she changed her name back weeks before she even filed for divorce is something.

I'm not inclined to jump on the threesome/sex slave bandwagon just based on what a neighbor of Lopez(?) said. Not saying Lopez wasn't into something but I've known girls who wear collars as necklaces before because they thought it looked cool.

SAN DIEGO - San Diego County District Attorney Bonnie M. Dumanis, announced this morning (Thurs., April 19) that a first-degree murder charge will be filed against Jessica Lynn Lopez, 25, in connection with the death of 22-year old Fallbrook military wife Brittany Killgore. Lopez will be arraigned today at 1:30 p.m. in San Diego Superior Court in North San Diego County. If convicted, Lopez faces 25 years-to-life in state prison.

More at link: http://www.thevillagenews.com/story/63189/

SAN DIEGO - San Diego County District Attorney Bonnie M. Dumanis, announced this morning (Thurs., April 19) that a first-degree murder charge will be filed against Jessica Lynn Lopez, 25, in connection with the death of 22-year old Fallbrook military wife Brittany Killgore. Lopez will be arraigned today at 1:30 p.m. in San Diego Superior Court in North San Diego County. If convicted, Lopez faces 25 years-to-life in state prison.

More at link: http://www.thevillagenews.com/story/63189/

Clearly, Lopez's suicide note pretty much clears up what happened, if not why. I wonder when we'll get to know.

Can we automatically assume that the note was the truth? Obviously the location of the body was real, but I'm sure they are investigating the other "facts"..

Maybe she was excited to move home and be close to her family again after the breakup of her marriage.

Maybe Lopez was in love with her and did not want her to move back home???

Hi, Laniefi. It appears that Ms. Lopez and officer Perez had some sort of relationship. Perhaps he betrayed that relationship with Ms. Killgore, made a pass at her at birthday celebrations, or some other alcohol or drug-fueled argument flashed into violence suddenly. Things can happen rapidly and unpredictably if people are imbibing heavily.

Can we automatically assume that the note was the truth? Obviously the location of the body was real, but I'm sure they are investigating the other "facts"..

I think there would be a strong presumption that someone would tell the truth in a note intended to be a suicide note. At least that person's "interpretation" of the truth. But you're right, the law enforecement would be following up to independently verify any assertions made in the note.

I do find it interesting that Perez had not be charged in the murder yet. The note perhaps did not directly implicate him with the killing perhaps.

Chanler, I am curious as to why you refer to him as "officer" Perez?

Ms. Lopez may indeed not be cooperating now that her suicide failed and she is faced with life in prison. But that suicide note will almost certainly be admissible at trial.

Sad. I wonder does anyone know what type of workshe does? Old she possibly be a dancer? A lot of the high end clubs will have women wear gowns to start with.

I think it's more than possible that she was wearing a maxi-dress, not a gown. Everyone out here in California wears them-including me. And I wear them just going to the grocery store, or even out for a casual dinner.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back