TN - Joann, 31, & Adrienne Bain, 14, Whiteville, 27 April 2012 - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
A friend of Jo Ann Bain is frustrated by all of the speculation surrounding the case. She spoke with Action News 5 to defend her friend's character and shed new insight into the connection between the mother, and her accused murderer.
She said the Bains moved from Whiteville to Arizona, but in 2009 they relocated to Missisippi in order to take care of Jo Ann Bain's mother-in-law.
Bryant believes that is when Bain met Adam Mayes, the man accused of killing her and her 14-year-old daughter. He is also accused of kidnapping her two youngest daughters. Bryant resents speculation that Mayes and Bain were anything more than friends.
"I don't want my friend's reputation smeared because people want to talk," said Bryant.
http://www.wmctv.com/story/18279544/murdered-mothers-best-friend-speaks-out-to-defend-character

He had a connection. He was a family friend. As we have seen on this site repeatedly, some psychopaths are good at hiding their true natures and getting people to trust them and many parents make fatal mistakes when it comes to who they let into their children's lives.

As I suspected: http://www.wbbjtv.com/news/local/Re...igated-for-Child-Abuse-in-2010-151031895.html

But, he was investigated and cleared by DCS so if the family did get wind of this, they may have believed it was just a story from a disgruntled family member.
Who said the sister was disgruntled? Could it be it was the sister that was also Gary's wife at one point? I am sure she would be concerned because she has a daughter and granddaughter also exposed to him. Yes, they did dismiss the charges, and two are dead, and two more have been abused beyond imagination, mentally, physically, and emotionally. At least they can know that their mother and sister gave their lives trying to get them away from this monster, while dad slept through it all? Yeah right. Something is bad wrong with a father that wouldn't take such allegations seriously, and at least question what the hell this dude is hanging around for all the time.

I am sorry, but AM doesn't look to me either like a "real nice guy" or a charmer.

Me neither. But he could look like a saint and I wouldn't allow any man such access to my kids.

Wasn't there pics posted on the FB pages of all the Bains w/Adam Mayes ?

I've had a feeling all along that JB died because she put her foot down for once and for all, to protect her kids. :( And I have a sick feeling that GB did not have her back...too blinded by the adoration of his younger "friend"? Something worse? I don't know, but I have a bad feeling.

I would prefer to give GB the benefit of the doubt and say *maybe* he is one of those types that is super trusting and who always assumed the best about people. JB seemed to love him a lot. I sure hope he doesn't turn out to be a creep! That being said...

There is one thing giving me pause. The fact that GB was 48 or 49 and JB was 19 or 20 when they got together. The age difference makes me wonder if he "likes them young." I hate to even bring it up, because I really don't want there to be ANOTHER scary guy in these girls lives.

Nonetheless, I am currently mad that GB let AM stay the night so he could help with the packing if there was ever any HINT that the guy was naked alone with his daughter. MAD.

A news conference is being held by the FBI at 1 a.m. Tune into that news conference on Action News 5.

Who said the sister was disgruntled? Could it be it was the sister that was also Gary's wife at one point? I am sure she would be concerned because she has a daughter and granddaughter also exposed to him. Yes, they did dismiss the charges, and two are dead, and two more have been abused beyond imagination, mentally, physically, and emotionally. At least they can know that their mother and sister gave their lives trying to get them away from this monster, while dad slept through it all? Yeah right. Something is bad wrong with a father that wouldn't take such allegations seriously, and at least question what the hell this dude is hanging around for all the time.

No one. But before and after DCS cleared him, I'm sure that's what Mayes had to say: "Oh, she's just making up stories because she hates me."

I'm blown away that Mayes killed Jo Ann & Adrienne on the Bain property. I can understand the angle that he felt he was 2 younger girls father - but wtf? Why murder?
Maybe the oldest told her mother the truth about AM. Maybe he did the same to her, and she wanted to protect her little sisters.

I am very glad that he is dead and the 2 sisters are safe. I am very disgusted by the news he was caught shaving a child's leg while naked and then allowed near these girls.WTF is wrong with people! I am very sorry JB and AB are dead but answers need to come out about why this was allowed near these kids.Maybe being with GB is not such a good idea.

So these girls may well have been subjected to sexual and psychological abuse long ago...

I'm just thinking out loud here, but, well, physically surviving this ordeal does not mean it's over for them. Far from it. Things that we will never know about this will haunt them for the rest of their lives.

And if Zimmerman can set up a paypal account for donations for his expenses, what's to stop a bunch of us from setting up a paypal account for these girls to see the best child psychologist in Tennessee?

Does anyone know how to do this? Could we make this happen?

But- why now after all these years? Bains had been back and forth to AZ from what I read about the girls school records.

Why murder and why now?

Me neither. But he could look like a saint and I wouldn't allow any man such access to my kids.

Don't limit it to men. I had a woman that wanted access to my child really bad. She questioned me as to why I always said no. I told her I just found it really weird. Her kid was grown and I didn't need a babysitter so why did she want my kid so bad? NO

So these girls may well have been subjected to sexual and psychological abuse long ago...

I'm just thinking out loud here, but, well, physically surviving this ordeal does not mean it's over for them. Far from it. Things that we will never know about this will haunt them for the rest of their lives.

And if Zimmerman can set up a paypal account for donations for his expenses, what's to stop a bunch of us from setting up a paypal account for these girls to see the best child psychologist in Tennessee?

Their guardians should be the ones setting up accounts for these children, and not the "bunch of us."

It says he was cleared... but if someone walked in on him naked with the 7yo also naked, how was he cleared? WTF?! Did the woman who reported it admit lying? Cuz otherwise I can't understand the word "cleared."

Also, I don't care if the woman said "oh, I made it up" -- that guy would never be around my kids again. I would say, "sorry, the one thing I don't take chances with is my kids." Maybe that is exactly why they were moving. But they should have cut him out completely in the meantime. WHY oh why didn't they?!

Usually the official statement is unsubstantiated.

Ok, think of this scenario. You are a parent with kids and have a really good helpful friend who seems to really care for your child.

One of your family members says she caught the good friend in the BR with your 7 year old. (doesn't say which family member reported, but remember that GB used to be married to AM's sister.)

Now this is speculation. But let's say your 7 year old says "no didn't happen."

CPS says unsubstantiated.

Your kids appear to love the guy, he appears to love them. Nothing between them appears to have changed, no one appears afraid. No bad emotions apparent.

He wants to see the kids. They want to see him.

You don't spend a lot of time on crime sites.

Would you consider letting the kids gradually spend time with him while you observe? If no problem, would you maybe relax? Most people would. We wouldn't because we see it happening. But most people would.

I would surely donate if anyone could make this happen!

KB 7 the youngest is GB & JB's daughter
AB 12 and deceased AB 14 are JB and ex husband MJ's daughter

Some say GB adopted the older girls BUT I personally have NOT seen a MSM link NOR did I read it on MJ's FB ( can not find that he said point blank they were adopted by Bain...did anyone find something stated there??)

GB also has an older daughter form a previous marriage to PJB ( Adam's older sister)

Maybe the oldest told her mother the truth about AM. Maybe he did the same to her, and she wanted to protect her little sisters.

MaryJane you are reading my mind. This is what I suspect started the big panic.

Usually the official statement is unsubstantiated.

Ok, think of this scenario. You are a parent with kids and have a really good helpful friend who seems to really care for your child.

One of your family members says she caught the good friend in the BR with your 7 year old. (doesn't say which family member reported, but remember that AM used to be married to GB's sister.)

Now this is speculation. But let's say your 7 year old says "no didn't happen."

CPS says unsubstantiated.

Your kids appear to love the guy, he appears to love them. Nothing between them appears to have changed, no one appears afraid. No bad emotions apparent.

He wants to see the kids. They want to see him.

You don't spend a lot of time on crime sites.

Would you consider letting the kids gradually spend time with him while you observe? If no problem, would you maybe relax? Most people would. We wouldn't because we see it happening. But most people would.

A good helpful male friend who wants to spend time with young females girls (neither of whom is related to him for the sake of this argument). Most people would find it bizarre even without the allegations that he was caught in the bathroom shaving a seven year old.

MaryJane you are reading my mind. This is what I suspect started the big panic.

What panic? He was allowed in their home to help them pack up and move.
If anybody was panicking, it was him since they were moving to another state.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ignoreme123