Amphetamines

Dani_T said:
Where did Goody ask you to have an open mind about her guilt in this discussion?? And where has she defended Darlie's innocence or jumped back over the fence? Frankly that's ridiculous Beesy. Discussing why she did it and what contributed to it doesn't mean Goody or anyone else is saying she didn't do it. Goody knows the evidence which puts the knife in Darlie's hand and - dare I say it at risk of you getting all defensive and angry - she knows it better than you. Wondering if there were various external factors (maybe even one or two which was beyond Darlie's conscious control though I'm not sure what they would be really) doesn't mean she is innocent.I honestly don't understand where all this agro has come from and why you are all at Goody's throat. Beats me.
You haven't been here for this entire week when we've tried to help Goody find what she's looking for. And yes, I have tried to introduce things long before I began getting huffy with her. I started this thread about the diet pills. Somebody brings up how strange it is that Darlie cried rape and Goody says "she was just a kid". Do you actually think no one will respond to that in a negative way? I posted a definition of histrionic and Goody says "nope". I was trying to show Goody something which may have contributed to the murders. I was doing what she asked us to do. Then she accuses us of not having an open mind. Anything we have come up with it's just wrong, wrong, wrong. Not once has she said "hmmmm, could be". I've asked her to come up with something new and she hasn't. I'd love to hear something new. It's not there. What else could it be?

Goody said:
That is just my point....you fear that talking about her psychological situations MIGHT reduce her guilt somehow. I don't have any doubt she did it, but I know up until that night she was a human being just like most human beings who live in nice new homes and bake cookies for the kids' classrooms. She was not some low life strung out on crack. She was a middle income house wife whose family and friends were shocked by the murders. If that doesn't deserve an in-depth look, whether we have the information needed available or not, I don't know what does.

Goody! I started this thread suggesting that the diet pills could have had something to do with murders. We went through all of that and I found out she wasn't taking amphetamines. Then I suggested histronics and narcissism. Aren't those psychological issues? I don't think Darlie is a cold-blooded monster. I never have. I suggested PPD, you said "no". Any one of these things could reduce her guilt. So how can you say I'm afraid to look at them? I can't believe you are saying that. I think I'm the only one on this thread who has posted anything about it. Everyone else has said "whatever" Darlie is a human being, of course. She's a human being with something wrong. She can still be a human being and have personality disorders. How can you honestly say that I have not looked at her mental state? Time and time again, I've thrown a theory at you and you say "need more proof". That is why I just gave up. I cannot find anymore proof. I cannot think of anymore theories. That doesn't mean I don't want to look at her psychological state of mind. It means you've worn my little brain out.
Just one more thing...if you don't want others using sarcasm in their posts, you shouldn't use it yourself. Not that it would change my posting style, but like the old saying goes, if you can't take it, don't dish it out. :slap:
I can take the sarcasm, if it's deserved. Saying "oh big help" when I was doing exactly what you asked me to do(looking at her mental health) is uncalled for. Didn't your mother ever tell you to play nice on the playground and keep your hands to yourself?

Thinkoflaura said:
I know I have a good grasp of human behavior and motivations, true crime cases and so forth, and this is the one case which I have doubts about. I didn't follow it as it happened. I only became aware of it after a TV interview with Darlie aired on Dateline or one of those shows. I know it was biased and sympathetic as it showed Darlie talking about her innocence. Still, I have doubts about Darin's innocence more than I do about Darlie's
I strongly, and every old poster knows this, believe Darin was more than involved. If you believe in the 2nd Attack Theory(which I do), you have to believe that Darin was already downstairs when it occured. We know this because we can hear him on the 911 tape. We know about when the 2nd attack occured because of the time limits. Damon was still alive when the ME's arrived. Since Darlie was on the phone, it's very possible that Darin actually dealt him the fatal blow. Most likely she would be scared to attack Damon with the 911 OP listening to her. We know that somehow the knife got back into the family room with Darlie's blood on it after the intruder supposedly dropped it in the kitchen and she picked it up and put it on the counter. There is an outline of the knife right where Damon died, in the arms of a stranger, no less.
Could we agree that some people DO have wiggle room for doubt in this case for their own reasons which have nothing to do with being in a clique or being a " Darlie supporter"?

Well, defending Darlie sort of makes one a supporter does it not? There is no wiggle room as far as there being no intruder and Darlie killing the boys. There is plenty of wiggle room for other things, but none for who the killer is. There is very little room for Darin's involvement

beesy said:
You haven't been here for this entire week when we've tried to help Goody find what she's looking for. And yes, I have tried to introduce things long before I began getting huffy with her. I started this thread about the diet pills. Somebody brings up how strange it is that Darlie cried rape and Goody says "she was just a kid". Do you actually think no one will respond to that in a negative way? I posted a definition of histrionic and Goody says "nope". I was trying to show Goody something which may have contributed to the murders. I was doing what she asked us to do. Then she accuses us of not having an open mind. Anything we have come up with it's just wrong, wrong, wrong. Not once has she said "hmmmm, could be". I've asked her to come up with something new and she hasn't. I'd love to hear something new. It's not there. What else could it be?

And none of that addresses the fact that you claim she is leaning towards Darlie being innocent- when she is clearly not.

beesy said:
I strongly, and every old poster knows this, believe Darin was more than involved. If you believe in the 2nd Attack Theory(which I do), you have to believe that Darin was already downstairs when it occured. We know this because we can hear him on the 911 tape. We know about when the 2nd attack occured because of the time limits. Damon was still alive when the ME's arrived. Since Darlie was on the phone, it's very possible that Darin actually dealt him the fatal blow. Most likely she would be scared to attack Damon with the 911 OP listening to her. We know that somehow the knife got back into the family room with Darlie's blood on it after the intruder supposedly dropped it in the kitchen and she picked it up and put it on the counter. There is an outline of the knife right where Damon died, in the arms of a stranger, no less.

I suspect Damon was attacked a second time but I certainly don't think that means that Darin must have been downstairs at the time. For some reason you are just assuming it happened after she rang 911 and that the knife outline on the floor happened after that 911 call was dialled also. Why?

I understand you think Darin was complict in the crime but a second attack theory does not necessarily implicate him also.

Well, defending Darlie sort of makes one a supporter does it not? There is no wiggle room as far as there being no intruder and Darlie killing the boys. There is plenty of wiggle room for other things, but none for who the killer is. There is very little room for Darin's involvement

Defending Darlie of what??? Geesh Beesy if you actually communicated with some of the real supporters you'd be able to see the difference I suspect.

Dani_T said:
I suspect Damon was attacked a second time but I certainly don't think that means that Darin must have been downstairs at the time. For some reason you are just assuming it happened after she rang 911 and that the knife outline on the floor happened after that 911 call was dialled also. Why?
because it would be difficult for Damon to still be alive if she attacked him the 2nd time while Darin was still upstairs. Even if we lengthen the amount of time the ME suspects Damon could have lived after the fatal wound, it's a pretty tight squeeze. I doubt the ME is far off the mark. We can hear Darin on the tape and we know when Damon died, not the time, but as far as who was there, etc.When is Darin first heard on the tape..like at about a mintue or something? I'm too lazy to look it up right now. Then the first PO gets there at about 3:35 mins, I think, we can hear him on the tape. Then we can hear when Walling arrives, they do a cursury search and then let the ME's in. Damon is still alive and dies what about a minute after what's-his-face gets to him, right? I just think it's too long.
Defending Darlie of what??? Geesh Beesy if you actually communicated with some of the real supporters you'd be able to see the difference I suspect.
I think I have communicated with some of the real supporters, unless the ones who've come here are faking it. I've also heard her family drone on about it.

Dani_T said:
And none of that addresses the fact that you claim she is leaning towards Darlie being innocent- when she is clearly not.
I was addressing it. That's my answer.
Goody has completely confused me. When she says things like "she was just a kid" when some one brought up the "cry rape" story it sounds like defending to me. She didn't seem to think Darlie saying she almost took sleeping pills was abnormal. I have been accused of not wanting to delve into Darlie's mind. I am very confused by that since I have posted several things which are related to her mental state. Do you not see those posts? Goody doesn't think those things are correct and for some reason, that means I don't want to look at Darlie's psychological state. Why is that? Do you not think what I posted has to do with it? I thought personality disorders and possible abuse of drugs is looking at her mental state. Goody has just worn me out for the past several days. I have dug around on the Net, posted what I could find and then I am somebody who jumps up and down screaming "Darlie is a psycho"! Goody wanted us to see if we could find out what made Darlie tick and I thought my posts would be helpful.
Obviously I was wrong and Goody is still a firm believer in Darlie's guilt.

beesy said:
because it would be difficult for Damon to still be alive if she attacked him the 2nd time while Darin was still upstairs. Even if we lengthen the amount of time the ME suspects Damon could have lived after the fatal wound, it's a pretty tight squeeze. I doubt the ME is far off the mark. We can hear Darin on the tape and we know when Damon died, not the time, but as far as who was there, etc.When is Darin first heard on the tape..like at about a mintue or something? I'm too lazy to look it up right now. Then the first PO gets there at about 3:35 mins, I think, we can hear him on the tape. Then we can hear when Walling arrives, they do a cursury search and then let the ME's in. Damon is still alive and dies what about a minute after what's-his-face gets to him, right? I just think it's too long.

Damon took his last breathe as soon as Kolbye rolled him over- which was the first thing he did when he got to Damon (apart from briefly checking his back). The ME estimation was that Damon could have lived 8-9mins with the wounds he sustained. That means that from the final wound there is a countdown of say 8 minutes. Even if the paramedics did not get into the house until +6.30mins from the 911 call (which I think is being a bit generous anyway) that still leaves a generous 1.5mins within the ME estimation. And since Damon died right when Kolbye went over to him that 1.5min is easily achieved. It means that Darlie must have called 911 very quickly after Damon had been stabbed the second time... but if she had already wounded herself and then seen he was still alive and attacked him again then there would be no doubt she wanted paramedics there ASAP to tend to her own wounds.

The timeline is tight but quite realistic- surely more realisitic than imagining that either Darlie or Darin stabbed Damon during the call. It would have meant making sure that nothing was heard which would incriminate them and would have involved VERY skilled playacting by Darlie as she was talking to the operator. She wouldn't have been able to give anything away, whether that he getting Darin to stab Damon, doing it herself or responding to Darin's attack on him. It's hard enough to talk on the phone when you are distracted by TV or something let alone by stabbing your own child.

And if they DID stab him whilst she was on the phone then why did they leave him still alive when Waddell arrived? If the point was to kill him then why didn't they keep going until he was dead? Instead they left him alive. Now, if Darlie had attacked him a second time right before she called 911 then there would have been no opportunity for her to have done so again when she sees he is alive since Darin was downstairs quick smart.

Ok folks everyone has a right to their own personal opinions regarding Darlie but we need to think of others feelings. I've read this whole thread and it's getting somewhat heated so I'm asking that you all respect one anothers thoughts,feelings and opinions. Thank you

j2mirish said:
I promise- this is my last post on this forum--:banghead: Honorable-? I beg to differ with you-- and dont appreciate the acusation I am not-
The reason the psychological aspect has not been discussed to the degree of depth YOU want- is because it doesnt seem to exist----------we have all tried to think of things that might have been the lead into her killing those children...they have all IMO been dispelled-- I resent you stating we havent discussed it-this is not about "UNFAVORABLE TO DARLIE"-- I believe you think she is guilty- I have never waivered on that-- I do believe however we have run the course on the PSYCHOLOGICAL aspect--- AND CAME UP EMPTY-
you seem to take this out on everyone here, who cant find anything to back up what you wish was the case-- I as a mother wish there was a reason we could all say-- ok she killed the boys....but this is where it all began...etc----
BUT IT DOESNT SEEM TO EXIST---This has nothing to do with me hating her--- quite frankly, I could care less about her, because she is behind bars where she belongs-- I believe everyone has been fair trying to see if there was "something" that may have ignited the night she killed the boys--and it cant be found-- there is nothing to be FAIR about-- she wont even come clean and admitt what she did---that in a nutshell tells me there is NO
previous PSYCHOLOGICAL scenario to be dealt with--- she isnt a PHYSCO-- that is the problem....if she was-- she would have after all these years---- admitted she cold bloodedly stabbed to death her own two boys as they laid with her downstairs---
so - once again- when you are called on the same old discussion-- your answer is "NO BODY WANTS TO TALK ABOUT IT"- and you then procede to try and shame anyone who cant find a solution to your problem.
and as my last post here- you are right--- dont want to talk about Darlie anymore---she is where she should be--
END OF STORY :behindbar
You assume too much. I have never said Darlie isn't where she belongs, though I really don't think she is (now jump on that..I think she should have gotten life, BASED ON THE EVIDENCE--what a concept).

I also did not say YOU weren't honorable. I said the honorable thing to do would be to call a spade a spade. I am sorry if you want to read more into it than that but that is hardly my fault.

I have never asked anyone to come up with a solution to my questions. Maybe our weak point here lies in the definition of "discussion". A discussion occurs when more than one person is contributing information or ideas. Granted, a couple did throw out the same old rhetoric to support their statements that they didn't care what her psychological status was, but I would hardly call that a discussion.

At this point, I am no longer concerned about the psychological aspects. I don't see any reason for you to leave just because you are angered by this thread. There are a ton of other threads you can participate in where this subject won't come up.

bkdianne said:
cami]

-Well I'll tell ya what, another case in WS, she knew what was going to happen (or she said what she thought would happen, and DID happen) and there is no way she could have known it either. So you can say all you want, but I believe the Goodymeisters' gut instincts are the sh**!!! And she may, or may not be frustrated, I dont know, but she can handle it...and Cami, I cant believe YOU of all people! Never say never :rolleyes:
Thanks, Dianne, but I think you are preaching to deaf congregation. They want to believe the worst of Darlie and now the worst of Goody, but that is okay. This is just one forum in a vast universe of forums, and skipping over Darlie's psyhcological aspects won't kill me.

Dani_T said:
I agree Goody. Whilst we only have tidbits of information when it comes to her 'pyschological state' or contributions to motive I don't see why everyone is so against discussing it (even though I don't think we'll ever know the answer unless Darlie reveals all).

Ah, another voice of reason has arrived. Bless you, Dani. I agree that drawing a conclusion after discussing it is not likely. It would have been great though if we could have ONE thread on the psychological aspects just to get some input by passing workers in the psychiatriatric field. Not much chance of that now.

Dani_T said:
I I honestly don't understand where all this agro has come from and why you are all at Goody's throat. Beats me.
Just proves you never know where the land mines are hiding.

beesy said:
You posted the first comments about psychological issues on Jan 12th....one full day before you posted the above!!! A week, indeed! You said my comments about her attempted suicide showed proved she was histrionic. I didn't agree. I said there could be other explanations for the suicide, esp in lieu of the fact that it wasn't even a real suicide attempt. It leaned much more so on the side of "threat." So YOU, beesy, YOU are the one who brought up this topic and then YOU climbed all over me when you didn't like my responses. It just sort of avalanched after that and my message got lost in the shuffle. But that's okay. I owe you one. (Personally, I am wondering if you just weren't miffed at my comments about your error in the diet pill discussion and knew the psychological issues would cause fur to fly. If so, it was a good strategy. It worked.)

beesy said:
[/color]
Goody! I started this thread suggesting that the diet pills could have had something to do with murders. We went through all of that and I found out she wasn't taking amphetamines. Then I suggested histronics and narcissism. Aren't those psychological issues?

They certainly are. So,you see I didn't bring it up. YOU did. I merely voiced my opinion on what you had to say and got filled full of bullets for it. So much for Goody trying to push this issue on you guys. Proof is always in the pudding.

beesy said:
I don't think Darlie is a cold-blooded monster. I never have. I suggested PPD, you said "no".

I did not say "no." You said Darlie admitted to having PPD. I said she did not. Darin said she had "baby blues." He was pretty clear he did not consider that to be PPD and so do most experts as the "baby blues" typically only last for about a month shortly after the birth. Darlie has not admitted to anything regarding PPD that I can recall. Then you came back and said some condescending thing about them not knowing the what PPD even was because people didn't talk about it until recently. Maybe the media didn't, but women and medical people sure as heck did.

Everything I say gets twisted into some new meaning once you process it in that brain of yours. (And, no, I am not making fun of your brain!!!!) I am just pointing out that maybe you should slow down and read the words a little more thoroughly so you can retain it as it was written.
[/color]

beesy said:
Any one of these things could reduce her guilt.

No, it doesn't. Unless she was insane, nothing will reduce her guilt. And there is no way she was insane. At least not enough to be legally insane and that is the only insanity that counts in a criminal court. At best, psychological issues, if provable, could provide mitigating circumstances to save her life. Unless she wins this appeal, even that might not help.

beesy said:
beesy said:
So how can you say I'm afraid to look at them? I can't believe you are saying that. I think I'm the only one on this thread who has posted anything about it. Everyone else has said "whatever" Darlie is a human being, of course. She's a human being with something wrong. She can still be a human being and have personality disorders. How can you honestly say that I have not looked at her mental state? Time and time again, I've thrown a theory at you and you say "need more proof". That is why I just gave up. I cannot find anymore proof. I cannot think of anymore theories. That doesn't mean I don't want to look at her psychological state of mind. It means you've worn my little brain out.

[/color]
O, is that what is wrong with it? hahahahahahahahah.

beesy said:
I can take the sarcasm, if it's deserved. Saying "oh big help" when I was doing exactly what you asked me to do(looking at her mental health) is uncalled for. Didn't your mother ever tell you to play nice on the playground and keep your hands to yourself?[/color]
You weren't very nice about the way you were helping. It was all sarcastic and angry. You called her a psychopath and said she is still crying and stamping her feet. How you know all that without anything to back it up is what I am complaining about. I am not saying you are wrong, just pointing out that I...ME...I cannot connect the dots that most of the posters here do, esp YOU. You make huge leaps on little or no information. And that is what I am getting attacked here for. Because those doing the attacking have no problem with doing it and are telling me to shape up and join the club. Sorry, but I can't. Not until I have more information, whether that is ever possible or not.

And the sarcasm was deserved. You are constantly calling me names and posting rude comments. Most of them I have let slide. You're getting off easy, so don't look a gift horse in the mouth.

beesy said:
Goody has just worn me out for the past several days.

There you go again. January 12th was two days ago. That is when this discussion started...the day you first mentioned psychological issues.

beesy said:
I have dug around on the Net, posted what I could find and then I am somebody who jumps up and down screaming "Darlie is a psycho"!

Okay, you didn't jump but you did call her a psychopath. Read your posts.

beesy said:
Goody wanted us to see if we could find out what made Darlie tick and I thought my posts would be helpful.
beesy said:
Obviously I was wrong and Goody is still a firm believer in Darlie's guilt.
Yes, you got it wrong. Goody is still a firm believer in Darlie's guilt.

Dani_T said:
And if they DID stab him whilst she was on the phone then why did they leave him still alive when Waddell arrived? If the point was to kill him then why didn't they keep going until he was dead? Instead they left him alive. Now, if Darlie had attacked him a second time right before she called 911 then there would have been no opportunity for her to have done so again when she sees he is alive since Darin was downstairs quick smart.
This is interesting reason.

Goody said:
You posted the first comments about psychological issues on Jan 12th....one full day before you posted the above!!! A week, indeed! You said my comments about her attempted suicide showed proved she was histrionic. I didn't agree. I said there could be other explanations for the suicide, esp in lieu of the fact that it wasn't even a real suicide attempt. It leaned much more so on the side of "threat." So YOU, beesy, YOU are the one who brought up this topic and then YOU climbed all over me when you didn't like my responses. It just sort of avalanched after that and my message got lost in the shuffle. But that's okay. I owe you one. (Personally, I am wondering if you just weren't miffed at my comments about your error in the diet pill discussion and knew the psychological issues would cause fur to fly. If so, it was a good strategy. It worked.)
Owe me one what? I started the thread hoping to talk about her mental state. The possibility that she was abusing speed is about her mental condition. And no I am not miffed I was wrong. In fact I said that Goody said it was Phen-Fen, but actually it was just the Phen. I finally read it with my magnifying glass!
Well, it seems like a week! LOL Listen Goody, all I was saying is that I have looked at Darlie's mental health in response to you saying that I am scared to look too closely at Darlie for fear I may find something which reduces her guilt. I know I brought up the psychological issues! Which is why I don't undertand what you said this to me:
That is just my point....you fear that talking about her psychological situations MIGHT reduce her guilt somehow. I don't have any doubt she did it, but I know up until that night she was a human being just like most human beings who live in nice new homes and bake cookies for the kids' classrooms. She was not some low life strung out on crack. She was a middle income house wife whose family and friends were shocked by the murders. If that doesn't deserve an in-depth look, whether we have the information needed available or not, I don't know what does.
So you agree that I started the mental health issues, but that I am scared of discussing them? That is why I am confused. So I am not debating what the mental conditions are anymore, I'm telling you that I am not afraid to look there. Actually, I'm so confused now I don't know if I understand your post. Are you still saying I fear looking closer at Darlie or are you just debating my suggestions?

Goody said:
[/b][/color]
I did not say "no." You said Darlie admitted to having PPD. I said she did not. Darin said she had "baby blues." He was pretty clear he did not consider that to be PPD and so do most experts as the "baby blues" typically only last for about a month shortly after the birth. Darlie has not admitted to anything regarding PPD that I can recall. Then you came back and said some condescending thing about them not knowing the what PPD even was because people didn't talk about it until recently. Maybe the media didn't, but women and medical people sure as heck did.

I said I don't think Darlie would know to call it that. I know docs and women have been aware of it. I am just not positive Darlie would know to call it PPD
You weren't very nice about the way you were helping. It was all sarcastic and angry. You called her a psychopath and said she is still crying and stamping her feet. How you know all that without anything to back it up is what I am complaining about. I am not saying you are wrong, just pointing out that I...ME...I cannot connect the dots that most of the posters here do, esp YOU. You make huge leaps on little or no information. And that is what I am getting attacked here for. Because those doing the attacking have no problem with doing it and are telling me to shape up and join the club. Sorry, but I can't. Not until I have more information, whether that is ever possible or not

I said she may well be a psychopath, not that she was.

And the sarcasm was deserved. You are constantly calling me names and posting rude comments. Most of them I have let slide. You're getting off easy, so don't look a gift horse in the mouth.
Poo-poo Head!

feenix said:
[/b]

And THAT Goody.................... is a classic example of why people jump down your throat!!:( [/color]
Have you been reading this thread? Go back and point out another like remark made by me. I sure don't recall any.

beesy said:
So you agree that I started the mental health issues, but that I am scared of discussing them? That is why I am confused. So I am not debating what the mental conditions are anymore, I'm telling you that I am not afraid to look there. Actually, I'm so confused now I don't know if I understand your post. Are you still saying I fear looking closer at Darlie or are you just debating my suggestions?
O, knock it off. You know perfectly well when I used the word "fear," I was referring to you jumping to the conclusion that I no longer believed she was guilty. :banghead:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ignoreme123
Back