NH NH - Maura Murray, 21, Haverhill, 9 Feb 2004 - # 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Peabody said:
Sharon makes a very good suggestion at WWW.MauraMurray.com and suggests that we not only watch the show, but that we email a '"thank you" to Fox News.

Excellent suggestion! A flood of emails thanking them, would also show the public's interest and may encourage them to do this more often with other cases.
Could you post the email address?

mysteriew said:
Excellent suggestion! A flood of emails thanking them, would also show the public's interest and may encourage them to do this more often with other cases.
Could you post the email address?
"The Line-Up" does not have its' own email address.

I am going to send my thank-you to both of the addresses posted on the Fox News Website http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,77538,00.html

General FOX News Channel E-Mail Addresses
Viewer Services
Viewerservices@foxnews.com

FOX News Channel Comments
Comments@foxnews.com

Also, Greta Van Sustern had Tom Shamshak on her show on Friday, Jan 06, 2006

It is still not too late to send her a thank-you. It seems to me that since Natalee Holloway has gone missing, Greta has begun to focus on most missing persons stories - even ones that I do not hear of except on her show (and ususally here at Websleuths)
On the Record with Greta Ontherecord@foxnews.com

It couldn't hurt if we sent emails to all of the email addresses listed - asking for additional coverage. http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,77538,00.html

Great idea. Have sent to Greta and will later to fox.

In so much that I'm glad that more "eyes" are going to be taking a dispassionate look at Maura's case-people with solid investigative skills that will definitely be needed to crack her case!

Good luck to the Murray and Rausch families in their quest to get the info from LE-having followed Maura's case from the very beginning, I know Fred Murray tried before to get the info and was rebuffed-even after myself and others tried emailing the Governor of NH asking him to intercede and give Fred the access he was requesting. At this point, I believe the ONLY way that anyone is going to see the questionable investigation of LE is for a lawsuit to be brought and for it to be successful.

I'm also happy to hear that the "20/20" segment was rescheduled. I had tuned in on the 6th and was very disappointed when it didn't air. But whenever it ends up showing, I'll be tuned in!

The "thank you" to the media outlets is a good idea-as you say, it lets them know that folks are paying attention and that there is interest. My local newpaper the "Greensboro (NC) News and Record", today(1/8/06), ran a front page article highlighting 11 unsolved missing persons cases from our area. Most are male, non-caucasian victims who have been missing anywhere from a few months to quite a few years. Here is a link to the article

http://www.news-record.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060108/NEWSREC0101/601080313

http://www.wcax.com/Global/story.asp?S=4346935&nav=4QcRacEm

""""SNIP""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""
"At this time we have no reason to suspect foul play other than she's disappeared. We're concerned about that, but we're tracking down all the leads that are coming in and interviewing as many people and friends as we can," says Vt. State Police Lt. Leo Bachand.

State police say there is no physical evidence of a crime. But the detective division is not waiting to get involved.

"Usually the uniformed division would start on this and we would get called eventually, now we've stepped it up a little more," explains Bachand. "We have more resources, more time we can devote, where the uniformed guys are more emergency response and they have other duties with traffic and other stuff. We can commit our time and resources to a case by case basis, one case at a time."

The change-- a direct response to criticism that detectives waited too long to get involved in the disappearances of Maura Murray in Haverhill, New Hampshire and Brianna Maitland in Montgomery, both two years ago.

"Because of that we're trying to get right on that. The family deserves that. It's their daughter, their sister, they're concerned """"""""""SNIP"""""""""""""""""""

--------------------------------------------
This is from an article about a missing woman in Albany,VT. Tina has been missing since Jan. 6. Thread has been started about her.

So glad to see that all the work the Murray's and Maitland's have done is not taken in vain. Kudos.

Bumping on Websleuths for Maura

Praying for her and her family :angel: :angel:

I'm glad that those private investigators have offered to look into this case.
For the police to saw they don't see any evidence of foul play makes me want to scream. Maura didn't have any reason to just take off never to return.

Maura wouldn't go with the bus driver and so it makes no sense that minutes later she would willingly get into a vehicle with another stranger. I don't think she went anywhere willingly with anyone. Someone must have come right after the bus driver left.

For the sake of Maura's family I wish that she would be found. It would be wonderful if she were alive somewhere but it's been a long time and she would surly have called her parents.

Father Sues for Police Files

"It's a missing person, it's my daughter and I want to find her," said Fred Murray before he left the courthouse.

There is no time frame for when the judge will issue a decision.

More: http://www.wcax.com/Global/story.asp?S=4380027&nav=4QcS

Read about Maura on Websleuths!
She has 3 threads: one in Missing Persons Info and Support, Missing but not Forgotten, & Missing/Located Forum Discussion.

Special thanks to Peabody. :)
PrayersForMauraView Public ProfileSend a private message to PrayersForMauraFind all posts by PrayersForMauraAdd PrayersForMaura to Your Buddy List
post_new.gif
Today, 01:22 PM
Peabody
user_online.gif
vbmenu_register("postmenu_945525", true);

icon2.gif
Top New Hamshire Paper Covers Dad's Fight to Obtain Records
From the Union Leader:

Dad fights for documents in disappearance of daughter

By LORNA COLQUHOUN
Union Leader Correspondent

Haverhill — The pile of documents relating to the disappearance of a Massachusetts woman nearly two years ago contains 2,500 pages, and her father wants to take a look at them.

Fred Murray, whose daughter, Maura, vanished from a rural road in Swiftwater in February 2004, was in Grafton County Superior Court yesterday morning, asking a judge to release those documents, a move he believes will help him in his own search.

“We want to take a fresh look and start over,” Murray said after a brief court hearing on his request for release of information pertaining to the case. “This gives me my best hope and my only hope. There might be something in there that means something to me that might be the key.”

<SNIP to CONFORM TO COPYRIGHT LAWS>

Citing Supreme Court cases, Ervin said the fact that the case has always been categorized as a missing person, rather than a criminal matter, is significant.

“The state has never characterized this as an ongoing criminal case,” Ervin said, and investigators have never given any reason as to why documents cannot be released. “The overriding concern is that she has been missing for two years and there is still no information about what happened.”

Assistant Attorney General Daniel Mullen, who was accompanied by Jeff Strelzin, the head of the state’s homicide bureau, said the investigation is ongoing and that it “could have criminal overtones.”

A team of private investigators is taking up the case of the disappearance, and Fred Murray said there is basic information he needs, such as dispatch logs, that would help create a timeline of what happened between the time his daughter was involved in a minor car accident and the time the first police officer arrived at the scene.

“I’m standing here trying to move every stone I can budge,” Murray said before leaving the courthouse yesterday. “Maybe I can get a break. I could sure use it.”

COMPLETE STORY AT LINK
http://unionleader.com/article.aspx...f1-9bc48bb75c0c

By LORNA COLQUHOUN

Haverhill — The pile of documents relating to the disappearance of a Massachusetts woman nearly two years ago contains 2,500 pages, and her father wants to take a look at them.

Fred Murray, whose daughter, Maura, vanished from a rural road in Swiftwater in February 2004, was in Grafton County Superior Court yesterday morning, asking a judge to release those documents, a move he believes will help him in his own search.

“We want to take a fresh look and start over,” Murray said after a brief court hearing on his request for release of information pertaining to the case. “This gives me my best hope and my only hope. There might be something in there that means something to me that might be the key.”

Citing Supreme Court cases, Ervin said the fact that the case has always been categorized as a missing person, rather than a criminal matter, is significant.

“The state has never characterized this as an ongoing criminal case,” Ervin said, and investigators have never given any reason as to why documents cannot be released. “The overriding concern is that she has been missing for two years and there is still no information about what happened.”

Assistant Attorney General Daniel Mullen, who was accompanied by Jeff Strelzin, the head of the state’s homicide bureau, said the investigation is ongoing and that it “could have criminal overtones.”

A team of private investigators is taking up the case of the disappearance, and Fred Murray said there is basic information he needs, such as dispatch logs, that would help create a timeline of what happened between the time his daughter was involved in a minor car accident and the time the first police officer arrived at the scene.

“I’m standing here trying to move every stone I can budge,” Murray said before leaving the courthouse yesterday. “Maybe I can get a break. I could sure use it.”

COMPLETE STORY AT LINK

PrayersForMauraView Public ProfileSend a private message to PrayersForMauraFind all posts by PrayersForMauraAdd PrayersForMaura to Your Buddy List

By LORNA COLQUHOUN

COMPLETE STORY AT LINK

and always remembering Maura and her loved ones with prayers........

Good. That certainly seems like a move in the right direction - to give him information.

Unlike in cases where family members are suspect, and so giving information would arm the felons with defense strategies, I can't see a problem at this point with including Fred Murray in the loop.

To keep him out comes off as mean-spirited. LE seems out of avenues to persue, it's time to give them to Mr. Murray.

According to www.mauramurray.com Maura's case will be featured on the Nancy Grace Show Friday January 27

We have been advised that Nancy Grace will be airing a story on Maura, which is scheduled for this Friday, January 27th, 8-9PM ET. Please check your local listings for more information and viewing times. Nancy's website (listed below) does not contain information about the show, but several people that are to appear live advised us of Friday night's show (thanks!).

http://www.cnn.com/CNN/Programs/nancy.grace/

According to www.mauramurray.com Maura's case will be featured on the Nancy Grace Show Friday January 27

We have been advised that Nancy Grace will be airing a story on Maura, which is scheduled for this Friday, January 27th, 8-9PM ET. Please check your local listings for more information and viewing times. Nancy's website (listed below) does not contain information about the show, but several people that are to appear live advised us of Friday night's show (thanks!).

Judge denies father's records request in case of missing daughter

(Haverhill, NH - AP) — A New Hampshire judge has denied a request from the father of a missing woman to review confidential police files in the case.
Maura Murray disappeared after a minor car accident in northern New Hampshire in February 2004.

Fred Murray of Hanson believes his daughter was a victim of foul play and sued to gain access to investigatory files. His suit claimed that police, the attorney general and the governor violated state and federal public information laws by not releasing the investigative files.

More: http://www.wrgb.com/news/regional/regional.asp?selection=article_46777

On Nancy Grace just she will be discussing this case tonight. She is talking about the Entwisle case now then Maura after.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DazzelleShafer