AZ - Isabel Mercedes Celis, 6, Tucson, 20 April 2012 - # 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the media should also ask for clarification as to the clothing description..

Since no one saw Isa leaving ... they can't know for SURE what she had on. We have this problem with other cases. :moo:

I don't have facebook, but has there been any further clarification about which of the children play violin? I guess it doesn't really matter, but there may be a music teacher that comes to the house and is familiar to the dogs and such. Just thinking...

I can't shake the feeling of the uncle. Hope I can say this. Molestation by an uncle is quite common, more than you would think. I happened to me and my mother and many other girls that I have talked to over the years. The weird thing is, my mother decide to marry her (blood) uncle a few years ago but that's a whole other story!! Anywho, I just think he looks like he feels some guilt but it could just be nervousness or worrisome. On his fb, you can tell he's a little on the pervy side talking about naked girls all the time but that's prob normal with single guys. He may have worried she would tell and made sure she didn't. JTOL

I can't shake the feeling of the uncle. Hope I can say this. Molestation by an uncle is quite common, more than you would think. I happened to me and my mother and many other girls that I have talked to over the years. The weird thing is, my mother decide to marry her (blood) uncle a few years ago but that's a whole other story!! Anywho, I just think he looks like he feels some guilt but it could just be nervousness or worrisome. On his fb, you can tell he's a little on the pervy side talking about naked girls all the time but that's prob normal with single guys. He may have worried she would tell and made sure she didn't. JTOL

**IT happened to me***

I love how LE in this case is talking to the media. Different departments have different rules set in place in this regard, but I think this keeps the public calmer.

Hi, my first time posting, but have been reading like crazy for a few days.
This is about the non-operative car. Could someone have been sleeping in that car? The police did remove pillows, some carpet and I don't know what else from that car. Maybe the two men the neighbor heard had something to do with a person sleeping in that car. Did something take place in the car where someone was sleeping near, very near, the house?

I assumed that the game ran quite late. A little girl like Isabel might have fallen asleep in the car on the way home, or even gone to the car to go to sleep before the game ended. Either way, if she was asleep when they got home, her parents may just have carried her inside and laid her on her bed. If she woke up later, she could change, but they would not want to wake her at that hour.

This ALSO provides a window of opportunity for a predator to have entered the home while the family was out, and hidden... say in Isa's closet. If he'd been there for an hour or more, the dogs would have quieted down before the family arrived, and he just needed to pop out the screen, grab Isabel, and go. She could have been gone within 5 minutes of them putting her to bed.

This is a possibility. It makes me thing of the case on the news recently (we had a thread here) where a family found a man hiding in their child's closet. Who knows if someone was hiding in the home who had broken in while they were out.

But wouldn't they assume she was taken in the clothes she went to sleep in? They wouldn't change her clothes before she left, imo.

they won't confirm what she was last seen wearing... most likely because the family has not been ruled out and are still considered persons of interest. (or maybe for other reasons?)

either way they would not confirm it (what she was last seen wearing)

bbm: and they won't say she has been taken and the NCMEC poster has been changed to reflect this (now endangered missing... link is upstream)

Hey everyone- I'm new here. THis case and the Caleigh Harrison case in Rockport, MA pulled me in. I'm praying for Isa constantly.

Anyway, fwiw, I wanted to chime in about work shifts for nurses. I work for a hospital (admin), but I also spent A LOT of time in the hospital while my mom was dying of cancer. The hospitals we work for/had her treatments at have mid shifts- 12p-12a or 11a-11p.

:welcome4: Hope you post some more!!!! And I'm very sorry about your mom.

OT - sorry, but as a somewhat local who followed this story and family it is always in my mind and he has been outed as what he truly is and I just can't fathom anyone defending him.

not him - IMO he is a horrible person, just google what was found on his computer and how he got his son from being on the sex offender registery.

so they family is allowed to go back to their home and choosing not to or are they being kept from their home?

His son was 18 having sex with a 14 year old girlfriend. Not molesting a small child. Still bad but similar to other charges around the country that are dropped to a misdemeanor so teens involved with other teens can avoid the sex registry. I've never seen MSM state his dad kept him off the registry. That was a court decision.

What we know is the "family" put her to bed at 11:00.

We don't know IF the mother checked on Isabel before she went to work.

I think it's remote, because I agree she was probably removed from the home in the night sometime, but maybe her mom woke at 5:00 a.m. or so, checked on her and then ate, let the dogs in or out, took a shower, etc. It is a remote possibility that Isabel went missing after her mom checked on her, if she did.

If someone was stalking Isa, they would know where her bedroom was. Who knows how long someone could have been watching her, waiting for the right time.

Exactly. Or, it could be someone who knows the family and is familiar with the house. This does not have to be a stranger. Most abductions are not stranger abductions.

How on earth did someone get up the stuccoed house, 6 foot high window without standing on something, if they aren't "Spider Man?"

Did anyone notice the tiny two windows on the side of the house? Are they the bedroom windows for Isabel's room?

When I was a kid, I was able to scale a stucco wall that high. I either boosted up from something or had someone boost me a bit until I could reach the edge. Then, I pulled myself up while bracing my feet on the wall.

No one has stated that the neighbor who heard male voices and dogs barking is even a witness, never mind, a "key witness".

Bouncing off NG Facebook page.

This is why NG should not be considered MSM, IMO...

DITTO. Can we just agree to take anything reported by NG or her minions with a grain of salt? There have simply been way too many fallacies in her reporting. She's too tabloid.

Standing in the back of the house, I am thinking the two windows on the left side of the house just maybe the Master Bedroom with a bathroom. This would be the structure being the gargage.

On the right side of the house, with the window with the ladder underneath, is a bedroom and a bath.

On the side of the house facing the neighbor, there are two small windows and one standard window. I feel this is another bedroom with a bath.

The first small window on the end, would be the bath to the bedroom that has the ladder underneath.

(I know, I need to go away for a while).

I would love to see a drawn diagram of the house and surrounding alley and streets. It would help me visualize better.

So what is still confusing me and quite frankly, annoying the living carp out of me is.....WHY can we not get a definitive answer as to exactly what time Rebecca arrived at work and what time her shift was SCHEDULED to start.

Same with whether Isa was in school Friday?

This is hardly privileged info, you wouldn't think, and although LE surely knows these facts, I cannot imagine it would jeopardize the investigation by giving that info to the public.

But what do I know with my zero time in LE? Hee hee

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here's my question: Why have pressers if they can't answer even the basics? But, I can see how it could jeopardize the investigation. Let's say you have a girlfriend who comes forward and says she thinks her boyfriend is involved. That he disappeared in the night at a certain time, was gone for two hours and came home with blood on his clothes, which he then washed with bleach or destroyed. How do they know she is credible? Well, if the time she states he disappeared matches the time they know Isabel's mom left for work, etc., they will have a better idea.

Giving out that info will help us narrow the time frame but LE doesn't want the public to be able to do that because it makes it harder to know if a witness is credible or not.

But not confirming whether the baby was in school on Friday or not seems ridiculous. I can't see how that could hurt the investigation any.

LE should be asking anyone who may have been in the area of Isabel's home to come forward, if they have not already spoken to LE. If these men who were apparently talking nearby have NOT made themselves known, there might be a reason. In any case, now that the story is out there, LE should address it, IMO.

If they were workers of some sort, they could be undocumented and thus very, very unlikely to ever come forward. I try to tell my clients and witnesses repeatedly that they are safe to go to police or court in connection with any case, civil or criminal, without fear of deportation, but they do not understand that at all.

In AZ, given the strict laws they have right now, it is even more doubtful that any undocumented person who may have been there or seen or heard something, would ever come forward. Not gonna' happen.

ME TOO. :hug:

My youngest sister was also a victim of a "trusted" uncle, and I was the one who reported the incest to my mother and the perp's oldest daughter. No one would believe me! :furious: My sister has had lifelong psychiatric problems, suicide attempts, etc. that I believe stem from this abuse by an uncle. :moo:

I understand that the uncle made a lot of people's hinky meters go up but my goodness. Just because someone looks a certain way does not make them a criminal. And just because someone may post certain things on Facebook does not mean they would ever molest a child. I have seen MANY comments of this nature about Isabel's uncle and it just really bugs me.

Hi, my first time posting, but have been reading like crazy for a few days.
This is about the non-operative car. Could someone have been sleeping in that car? The police did remove pillows, some carpet and I don't know what else from that car. Maybe the two men the neighbor heard had something to do with a person sleeping in that car. Did something take place in the car where someone was sleeping near, very near, the house?
:fireworks::welcome::fireworks:

Good question.

I hate that LE can't seem to rule the parents out...it makes me think they are not any closer than the day she was discovered to be missing...

Standing in the back of the house, I am thinking the two windows on the left side of the house just maybe the Master Bedroom with a bathroom. This would be the structure being the gargage.

On the right side of the house, with the window with the ladder underneath, is a bedroom and a bath.

On the side of the house facing the neighbor, there are two small windows and one standard window. I feel this is another bedroom with a bath.

The first small window on the end, would be the bath to the bedroom that has the ladder underneath.

(I know, I need to go away for a while).

bbm

I (most lovingly) think you need to go have a very large drink before Nancy. :needdrink:
Or take blood pressure medication. :waitasec:
Or invest in a punching bag. :banghead:
Or something... :what: otherwise I worry you might blow! :seeya:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics