Family that hid Casey Anthony says she is selfish

An interesting article on the website of crosschurch.net
It discusses whether charging $$ for ministry is appropriate. Of note....

psychological Christian counselors are the new “pastors of discipleship” and do charge you and your insurance company untold millions each year to “help you” deal with the deep problems of the mind and heart;

Wow. Same old con.

Why would anyone trust CA, especially with their children?? That, my friends, is just plain stupid.

Why would anyone trust CA, especially with their children?? That, my friends, is just plain stupid.

I know! Right?

Not to mention dangerous and in my opinion neglectful of their children's safety.

I am all for helping people but I am also all for having common sense and being realistic. And there is NO WAY I would willingly allow an unabashed baby killer within a mile of my children nor would I be blindsided when Casey behaved exactly the way she has always behaved.

It is one thing to have the character to help those that others would shun and another to be oblivious.

I'm not convinced at all that their willingness to hide her had anything to do with being Christian or good hearted. I'm not sure what their motivation was. Just because these people run a church does not automatically make them saints.

It is more likely that they have major "issues" of their own. Obviously.

I do not feel sorry for the parents - just the kids. They brought an obvious baby killer into their home, with their own family. I'm not sure what they expected? Oh, and loved the snake analogy some made.

I don't see them as stupid. I see them as Christians (probably born-again), who, because of their faith, actively seek to help the unlovely and unlovable -- those people in our society that no one else wants to deal with.

Thank God that there are still people like them in this world, because this world will always be filled with the unlovely and unlovable.

You can be Christian and stupid and these people most certainly were. Yes, thank God there are those willing to love the unlovable. But there are many ways to help without putting one's family at risk. And there are different types of unloved. Most I would say, are not sociopaths. You want to preach to, pray with or pray for sociopaths? That's wonderful. But you don't bring a snake around your family or home. Find another kind of unlovable to do that for, like someone who has shown they are repentant or benign.

Then they should know those people will never feel gratitude or respect, but only contempt for those they can use - as always. Casey will inevitably act in a destructive way, so they should not be astonished (and leave angry voice mails) when they don't...
Showing compassion and kindness to the untouchables is commendable, but you have to temper that behavior with the common sense to not allow yourself to be manipulated, or be set up as an enabler. Allowing a sociopathic child murderer into their home with their own children is foolhardy to say the least.

Yes. After Elizabeth Smart, one would think we have all learned. And in that case, they were not even dealing with a murderer. In this case, they are!

I'm sure we all know someone, maybe even someone in our immediate family, who only sees the good in people -- the eternal optimist. Do we berate them?

I didn't hear the voicemail, so the "new" Cindy could be totally fake, I don't know.

I sure do. When that eternal optimism leads to giving away tons of money to charlatans because they seem "nice", or putting themselves at risk, I step right in and read to them from the book.

This is not about glass half full. This is about one's responsibility to one's family (especially one's children) and congregation. Optimism is not an excuse for dangerous stupidity.

What IS wrong with Casey? :waitasec: This is so unusual for her...

:floorlaugh: just kidding.

10 to 1, it was Casey who leaked this recording because she needs her name in the news.

I have no empathy for these people -- allowing Casey Anthony, of all people, to be around their children????!!!!

Also, not sure how "Christian" it is to show great forgiveness and charity to someone who commits evil acts directed at other people but then be completely unforgiving and intolerant to her when she commits relatively minor annoyances to your own family.

10 to 1, it was Casey who leaked this recording because she needs her name in the news.

Yep, money from Radar on line and I wouldn't be in the least surprised if she's in on the book with Baez. I think she's still thick as thieves with him. IMO

Yep, money from Radar on line and I wouldn't be in the least surprised if she's in on the book with Baez. I think she's still thick as thieves with him. IMO

Apparently, the church family she abandoned feels the same way. There is a Radar Online link somewhere around here.

The old adage, "there is no honor among thieves" seems fitting here. Sooner or later they're all going to consume each other.

I'm not ashamed to say, I'm enjoying the show - watching this all play out. lol

Between this and the new JB book thread, I haven't laughed this hard since verdict day.

1st BBM
:eek: I hope this dosen't come off sounding mean cuz I don't want to sound like that. But where is common sense with these people? Was CFCA babysitting? :thud:

2nd BBM
Never will happen, ever.

BBM

caseyanthonybabysitter.jpg

Seriously? Casey is selfish. That's news??? Who didn't already know that, like, THREE YEARS AGO????

I think the biggest newsflash here is that there are still people gullible enough to fall for her BS and foolish/negligent enough to trust her within a mile of their children.

Who does that???

BBM

I think the dreams of money from an eventual book might have had something to do with it. JMO

I don't see them as stupid. I see them as Christians (probably born-again), who, because of their faith, actively seek to help the unlovely and unlovable -- those people in our society that no one else wants to deal with.

Thank God that there are still people like them in this world, because this world will always be filled with the unlovely and unlovable.

Being Christian and being stupid are two totally separate things. You have to watch out for your family and protect them too. If they wanted to be Christian and help her, they could have donated money to help her get a place to live that would be safe for her and others. JMO

BBM

I think the dreams of money from an eventual book might have had something to do with it. JMO

Being Christian and being stupid are two totally separate things. You have to watch out for your family and protect them too. If they wanted to be Christian and help her, they could have donated money to help her get a place to live that would be safe for her and others. JMO

BBM. You beat me to it! That is exactly what is going to happen! Either that or a main, full spread page in NE. I believe the recording was put out by FCA and Co., imo. I also believe JB is never far from FCA and Co.:maddening:

Apparently, the church family she abandoned feels the same way. There is a Radar Online link somewhere around here.

The old adage, "there is no honor among thieves" seems fitting here. Sooner or later they're all going to consume each other.

I'm not ashamed to say, I'm enjoying the show - watching this all play out. lol

Between this and the new JB book thread, I haven't laughed this hard since verdict day.

BBM. Agree. Implosions are fun to watch!!!

If this Christian family wanted to take in the down-trodden, the unlovable, etc., that's fine. EXCEPT, they had children in their home, they knew Casey's track record, and yet, they subjected their children to her living with them.

I don't know what their mind set is, but they scare me!

You know that old story.....woman finds snake out in cold, nearly frozen...takes it inside, lays it by the fireplace. Picks it up and it bites her. Why? she asks. "You knew what I was when you picked me up the first time" answers the snake.

FCA=:snake:

LOL!! My thoughts exactly. I was just thinking of that story when I saw you had posted it, along with the little pic of the snake, to illustrate the point. It made me laugh out loud. I'm in the middle of a kidney stone attack so it hurt to laugh but, boy was it worth it!!!

I don't think for one second that either JB or FCA has forgotten that the "millions" they expected after her release and either an interview, book deal or movie has left their tiny little minds. Perhaps this little new VM is a prelude to getting her name back out in the public's mind for just that purpose. (They might think we have forgotten what FCA did) Ya think?

I don't think for one second that either JB or FCA has forgotten that the "millions" they expected after her release and either an interview, book deal or movie has left their tiny little minds. Perhaps this little new VM is a prelude to getting her name back out in the public's mind for just that purpose. (They might think we have forgotten what FCA did) Ya think?
After all, George Zimmerman might be stealing her thunder!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SashaRhea82
Back