OK OK - Lauria Bible, 16, & Ashley Freeman, 16, Welch, 30 December 1999 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unreal... I had no idea it was like that. Is this an Oklahoma problem? If so, it wouldn't surprise me.

Some states or regions are more complicated than others- OK being one of them. Lots of different jurisdictions (combined with tribal land- a huge issue) makes it a bit of a nightmare when it comes to getting remains where they need to go in order to be ID'd. Add to that, the ME's are slammed... and there seems to be a lot of remains in OK- and this seems to be because there is a rather large population in OK that does not trust LE, so law seems to be often taken into ones' own hands if you kwim.
And frankly, I can't say I blame them. Some states seem to have more severe issues with corruption within LE than others.

Don't get caught robbing a bank in Oklahoma, unless you have a lb or so of crank on you that you're willing to trade. Kwim?
MOO, of course...

Some states or regions are more complicated than others- OK being one of them. Lots of different jurisdictions (combined with tribal land- a huge issue) makes it a bit of a nightmare when it comes to getting remains where they need to go in order to be ID'd. Add to that, the ME's are slammed... and there seems to be a lot of remains in OK- and this seems to be because there is a rather large population in OK that does not trust LE, so law seems to be often taken into ones' own hands if you kwim.
And frankly, I can't say I blame them. Some states seem to have more severe issues with corruption within LE than others.

Don't get caught robbing a bank in Oklahoma, unless you have a lb or so of crank on you that you're willing to trade. Kwim?
MOO, of course...
I hate to say this, but from what I've read and seen, there is a lot of corruption in LE in OK. From the rather recent Tulsa LE corruption, to this case... I honestly do not blame people for not completely trusting LE in OK.

I think about this case often... I'd still like to know the exact location of the incident. I keep hoping that someday, we will find these girls.

I was hoping to see some good news :( So there are remains in ME offices that are unidentified? Whenever remains are found, does it always make the news, or not so much? I am in NE OK myself.

I was hoping to see some good news :( So there are remains in ME offices that are unidentified? Whenever remains are found, does it always make the news, or not so much? I am in NE OK myself.

Penny, do you know the exact location of this, near Bluejacket/Welch? I'm still wanting to make a trip out there to the site.

This is one of those cases that just weighs on my mind, so much. Possible LE corruption (Sorry, but I'm convinced LE had something to do with all of this), drugs (Danny, LE), and so many other factors with this.

I know for sure that this was not a random act.

Penny, do you know the exact location of this, near Bluejacket/Welch? I'm still wanting to make a trip out there to the site.

This is one of those cases that just weighs on my mind, so much. Possible LE corruption (Sorry, but I'm convinced LE had something to do with all of this), drugs (Danny, LE), and so many other factors with this.

I know for sure that this was not a random act.

Hi M86,

I don't know the exact address, I'm approximately 150 miles from Welch. I'm with you concerning whether or not this was a random act. And I hold little faith that it was properly investigated. Are you from OK as well?

Oops, sorry M86, I just now saw that you're from Arkansas. I am just across the OK/AR line myself.

12 miles from Welch here, but with no idea of how to find the scene of the crime, 12+ years on.

Wow! Really? I'm in Rogers, Arkansas (NWA). What a small world!
This case consumes my mind sometimes... We need to solve this! :)

Wow! Really? I'm in Rogers, Arkansas (NWA). What a small world!
This case consumes my mind sometimes... We need to solve this! :)

Wouldn't that be somethin'? These girls deserve justice and peace and so do their families. I hold little faith in the LE that investigated...

I'm near Siloam myself and used to work in Bentonville.

I had no idea I'd find anyone in our area that knew about this case on WS.

Unfortunately, a lot of time has passed...

Keeping this thread alive could be the key to solving this unusual case! You never know!

Let's get to the core of it and get some more conversation going: Was LE involved or not? It's WS's policy to not bash LE. If someone is going to solve this case, this factor needs to be eliminated... somehow.

I have seen some major corruption (in LE) in OK, and this cannot be ignored.

Look at Tulsa! Enough said. If it's that bad there... the small towns are only worse.

I'm am very convinced LE are involved in this case. I'm going to say it.

Why else would OSBI release a ridiculous "possible vehicles in the area" over 10 years later? Ridiculous, embarrassing, and sad. And OSBI has the absolute worst record ever.

Good grief! Sorry, something needs to be done! Look at the f'in LE. So sad.

I want to keep this thread alive for as long as possible... 2 teenage girls are missing, an entire family (and nurse connected to this case) are now dead, and it happened in rural Oklahoma, with a sense of heavy LE involvement. Why? What happened? This needs to be solved.

OSBI Releases New Details In 1999 Disappearance Of Two Craig County Teens - YouTube

Watch that... I've cried. Good grief... I have no words. Lorene, if you see this, more power to you. I'm speechless.

I've watched every type of show devoted to this case: Unsolved Mysteries, Vanished with Beth Holloway (Great show idea, but wrong host... Beth Holloway isn't for TV and she's had way too much plastic surgery... To the point of embarrassing).

Anyone out there? The local LE were ruled out through lie-detectors... but they were administered by OSBI (that have a horrible record). Can we dig deeper here? I shouldn't be totally fixed on LE involvement, but OK LE corruption is absolutely ridiculous. They walked over a human body, that wasn't discovered later. Good fricken grief.

Great job, OSBI... In my opinion, the biggest &(*&#$#@ I have ever seen/encountered.

I'm at a loss of words.

Is anyone in contact with the Bible family?

I want to keep this thread alive for as long as possible... 2 teenage girls are missing, an entire family (and nurse connected to this case) are now dead, and it happened in rural Oklahoma, with a sense of heavy LE involvement. Why? What happened? This needs to be solved.

OSBI Releases New Details In 1999 Disappearance Of Two Craig County Teens - YouTube

Watch that... I've cried. Good grief... I have no words. Lorene, if you see this, more power to you. I'm speechless.

I've watched every type of show devoted to this case: Unsolved Mysteries, Vanished with Beth Holloway (Great show idea, but wrong host... Beth Holloway isn't for TV and she's had way too much plastic surgery... To the point of embarrassing).

Anyone out there? The local LE were ruled out through lie-detectors... but they were administered by OSBI (that have a horrible record). Can we dig deeper here? I shouldn't be totally fixed on LE involvement, but OK LE corruption is absolutely ridiculous. They walked over a human body, that wasn't discovered later. Good fricken grief.

Great job, OSBI... In my opinion, the biggest &(*&#$#@ I have ever seen/encountered.

I'm at a loss of words.

Is anyone in contact with the Bible family?

A ****in' pickup heading north on US 59, and a small dark sedan traveling east... After 13 years... Un, ****ing, real.... I have no words.

A ****in' pickup heading north on US 59, and a small dark sedan traveling east... After 13 years... Un, ****ing, real.... I have no words.

I am in total agreement! As soon as Ashley's father's body (his name escapes me now) was overlooked, 'til the announcement of suspect vehicles 13 years after the fact, it's been nothing short of a farce. I'm not as familiar with the case as others, but the investigation has dealt these girls an injustice, on top of the one I am certain they have already suffered.

I do have a question, a bit off topic, and Oriah this may be for you: how does one go about getting a cadaver dog to search an area? Specifically, someone who is only a sleuther and not a PI or LE. This is in regards to another case I have been researching.

(Respectfully snipped by me)

Bumping this post and video and this thread for Lauria and Ashley. Their loved ones deserve answers!

:bump:

Why would OSBI be hesitant on releasing that (after 13 years), only because it's vague? That could have saved those girls... Who cares how vague it is! It's northeast Oklahoma! Good grief! We're not talking about LA or New York here! It's just unreal.
I'll never give up on this case... Something needs to come out!

Long-time lurker, came out of hiding partly because it's miserably hot here in OK and I'm out of work, so I'm stuck inside with a lot of time on my hands. (You can only spend so much time job-hunting every day before it starts getting really depressing.)

At any rate, I thought I'd drop in to let you all know that based on a casting notice I found online, it looks like the ID show Disappeared will be covering the Bible-Freeman case this fall. While a producer told one WSer they didn't feature disappearances over ten years old, the show has covered the Springfield Three (1992) and the details match up so closely, I just can't think of any other case it could conceivably be.

According to the notice on the Miami Little Theatre's web site, the episode was filmed in Vinita in April, and the producers were looking for two girls to play the lead roles. No names are used, just the designations "GIRL 1" and "GIRL 2," which is why I had to make an educated guess regarding the case they're profiling. (I ran across a few other casting notices for the show, if anyone wants to help me sleuth which cases they might be running. One was from Fresno, CA, and another from Ft. Lauderdale, FL.)

For the role of "GIRL 1," they wanted an actress who was 5'5", 130 pounds, with shoulder-length curly brown hair, while "GIRL 2" needed to be 5'7", 145 pounds, with straight, shoulder-length, dark blonde hair. Both had to be 18, but that could be for legal reasons, since adults play teenagers all the time.

Do the descriptions fit? They were also casting for a brother, a boyfriend, two sets of parents, a grandmother, a convict, and an uncle. Sounds awfully familiar.

I'm no expert on the case, though, so check out the notice and see what you think: http://www.miamilittletheatre.com/2012/04/disappeared-casting-call.html.

Yes, the descriptions fit - 5'5 130, Lauria, 5'7 145, Ashley.

Yes, the descriptions fit - 5'5 130, Lauria, 5'7 145, Ashley.

Thanks very much. I'm always glad to see local -- and anything in Oklahoma is local as far I'm concerned -- cases get some national attention, especially when they're as frustrating and disturbing as this one.

The new season of Disappeared is set to to start in early November and they were still filming new episodes earlier this month, so hopefully the Bible-Freeman case will air before the year is out. No doubt this thread will heat up and you'll see a large influx of new posters after the show airs.

If anyone finds out about the day the Disappeared episode will air, please post it here!

If anyone finds out about the day the Disappeared episode will air, please post it here!

I'm going to keep checking on it. Haven't seen anything posted on the schedule online, nor has anything been mentioned on the IMDB page for the show. Sometimes the episode listings will go up there long before the show airs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow