AL - Incest Sodomy Rape multiple victim under age of 16

How ironic that under each picture on her myspace it says "report abuse"

I noticed that too! What it really should say under HER pictures is "hide abuse", or "cover up abuse", or "what abuse????"..Take your pick cos they ALL fit! :banghead:

eta..When it's done by your OWN husband it makes it all the MORE appalling!

A couple of new articles. No new content really, just posting for reference.

http://blog.al.com/live/2012/07/fourth_relative_of_missing_tee.html

MOBILE, Alabama -- Another relative of missing teenager Brittney Wood has been arrested on charges of sex abuse, rape and incest according to the Baldwin County Sheriff's Department.
Donald Holland, 20, of Daphne, is being held on $20,000 bond.
Holland is the fourth member of Wood's family to be arrested on sexual abuse charges. Her brother, Derek Wood, was arrested July 13 on charges of rape and sodomy.
Her uncles Randall Wood and Dustin Kent were arrested June 19 on charges of incest, sodomy and sexual abuse. Information disclosed by one or more victims in those cases helped lead to Derek Wood, according to Baldwin County sheriff’s spokesman Maj. Anthony Lowery.

http://blog.al.com/live/2012/07/missing_womans_brother_accused.html

While Lowery and Mobile police spokesman Cpl. Christopher Levy downplayed any link between Brittney Wood’s disappearance and the cases involving her brother and uncles, the situation added more drama to the family’s public narrative.
When she went missing, Brittney Wood had reportedly told her family that she was going to visit her uncle Donnie Holland in the Styx River area. Her cell phone was last used in that area.
Before he could be questioned about his missing niece, Holland killed himself in Fairhope, according to police.

" Got some things on my mind.... In deep deep thought..... Think I have a lot to change... Prayer is the only thing that keeps my mind semi clear. <snipped the rest of prayer>
WWH commented "like i told you yesterday iam here if you need anything"

I can't be the only one who's noticed that each of the accused has a Facebook page that lists their religion as "Christian" and there's a lot of religious talk on their pages.

Yeah this is just... Beyond horrific. An entire section of the family's men involved in this? Just absolutely disgusting.

So many of them involved, and no one else in the family knew? Hard to believe that, if that's what the rest are claiming... :furious:

With this many males in one family all up to the same ugliness, I have to wonder just where they all got the notion this was okay. I tend toward thinking this has been an ongoing family secret for a looong while, perhaps even within previous generations.

With this many males in one family all up to the same ugliness, I have to wonder just where they all got teh notion this was okay. I tend toward thinking this has been an ongoing family secret for a looong while, perhaps even within previous geneartions.
Perhaps if a family member found out they either didn't believe the victim or looked the other way because if the perp went to jail...then there goes the family and monetary support.

I think finally authorities found out and there was no going back on any secrets. I hope they are interviewing wives of these men...and are interviewing any children they were around! I also hope the victims are getting court ordered counseling.

I was involved in a sex abuse case where a stepfather abused his young stepdaughter.

Investigators told me they found several 18-20 female blood relatives (nieces) who had also been abused by this man. But none of these older female blood relatives would testify against him. I suppose if forced to testify they were going to deny anything. The perps family members rallied around him and were doing everything they could to keep it from ever going to trial.

The bio mom divorced this man and the girl is safe now.

I don't understand it all...but families like this will rally together and keep secrets. Like complete denial on their part.

I almost feel BW would be like the girls I mentioned above and would not testify (or would deny) if she had been abused by these men. It is like blood is thicker than these criminal acts. moo

So knowing that at least one of the victims is a direct family member (according to AL incest laws) what kind of protection would a minor victim that went directly to the police get other than, say for example, a parental abuser not being allowed to be around them. Would CPS of some kind be involved and remove said victim out of the home?...or place them with a "safe" relative?

...sad and worried about the victim(s)

TIA for anyone that knows how this process might work

HOLLAND JR, DONALD PAUL (W / MALE)
Booking No: BCSO12JBN004708
Booking Date:
07/17/2012 17:02:39
Bond Amount: $10000.00

janeycat1: I think this Family Tree has many forks that intersect with themselves!

You are right! I hope there is never any need for DNA testing with this bunch. I'm not a scientist but what do you do if the D's and the N's all match????

I sure hope Brittney is not pregnant.

Does Baldwin have any type of health department (I say that term because that is what we call them in Florida) that goes into these communities and schools to provide information about birth control, STD's, etc.? I know that with many students I have taught that have been victims of incest, that they SERIOUSLY do not really think of it as wrong. They have grown up in a world that had different rules......it was part of life. Many, many of these students drop out early on in school. The families involved see schools as a threat, they know we will act on any suspicions, and they get away with it by the term HOME SCHOOLING! In my county, they do not enforce the drop out prevention driver's license rule either. It is sad.

So knowing that at least one of the victims is a direct family member (according to AL incest laws) what kind of protection would a minor victim that went directly to the police get other than, say for example, a parental abuser not being allowed to be around them. Would CPS of some kind be involved and remove said victim out of the home?...or place them with a "safe" relative?

...sad and worried about the victim(s)

TIA for anyone that knows how this process might work
The protection for the victim varies depending on the situation/people involved. (At least the ones in which I have been involved.)

I have seen them make the perp immediately leave.
I have seen a child move in with different bio parent.
I have seen parental ties severed and children placed up for adoption.
In one situation involving two siblings, the parent was responsible for keeping them apart.
In another situation involving two siblings, the perp sibling was removed from home and placed in foster care.
I have seen protective orders sent to the school if perp lives in different home.

There are safe guards for the children. Unfortunately, the people who don't always follow the safeguards are the parents themselves. I have had to report parents who weren't following the safeguards. If the parents/caretakers don't follow rules then they risk losing custody.

In my state, if a true finding of child abuse or sex abuse is found...then a document is sent to the school which is to be placed in the child's permanent school records. If the child moves then this document is to be sent to next school so those officials will be aware. This is to ensure the perp is never around the victim. I have personally called other schools to ensure the child is protected. Not all states do this.

I would like to throw out a clinical term I am not sure everyone may be familiar with.....if you are, please disregard. This is just a term that is used in my field to describe what we are dealing with as teachers to describe generations of incest, etc:
http://psychology.jrank.org/pages/236/Familial-Retardation.html

Familial Retardation
The majority of persons suffering from mental retardation fall into the category of familial retardation rather than that of clinical retardation, which usually has neurological or other organic causes. Persons with familial retardation typically have IQs ranging from 55-69 and show no signs of physical disability. Environmental causes thought to contribute to familial retardation include the quality of the mother's prenatal care, maternal and child nutrition, family size, the spacing of births within a family, disease, and health risks from environmental toxins such as lead. The 1994 publication of The Bell Curve, an analysis, by Richard J. Herrnstein and Charles Murray, of the relative importance of heredity and environment in determining IQ scores, and the 1995 release of the most in-depth study to date on retardation among school children both renewed public interest in familial retardation and its causes.

Familial retardation is usually not detected until a child enters school and has academic difficulties, at which point the teacher recommends psychological evaluation. Unlike the parents of clinically retarded children, who generally seek out help for their youngsters, the parents of those with familial retardation may take offense when their children are labeled mentally retarded and deny that there is a problem, especially since their children are often able to function competently in their daily lives outside school. Some studies have shown that educators are more likely to classify poor and/or minority children as mentally retarded, while labeling white middle-class children with comparable IQ scores as learning disabled. Other critics have pointed out that familial retardation may be diagnosed in children who are simply unprepared to cope with the demands of school because of cultural and linguistic isolation.

There is much more at the link, I just snipped a portion of it. Although people laugh about it, it is VERY common in rural areas, the Appalachian Mountain areas, and areas of poverty. Although other disabilities are very commonly talked about, this whole topic is very taboo, and it shouldn't be. In my opinion, that is why it still continues.

thanks fabvab...

Do we know if DH was issued a court order to not be around his kids? IIRC, WWH and WMK were posting the inconsistent events of the day prior to and the day of his suicide, that included him being with the "boys" which sparked some discussion that he wasn't supposed to be around them.

If it was a court order...would CPS be part of that? I'm just thinking that other cases I've followed mention CPS being involved and there being record of such, either known/told thru MSM or via LE.

It has been stated there are multiple victims...those victims need to be protected if they aren't already.
MOO

Are we allowed to post scenarios? If we use no real names? Thanks to all, and can someone PLEASE share their method of organizing info that works? Do you guys make folders and just cut and paste? Like folders for everyone involved? Like I said, I am NOT good with computers. I still can't figure out where the parking lot is on this WS site, and I have trouble navigating to others. Thanks to all!

This is from the federal site that lists houses that have been busted before with meth labs.....it is only as good as the sheriff's department is in reporting them though. Any of you guys that are so on the ball with addresses recognize any of these? I hope they have checked these addresses......in our county, the same people get out of jail, go back to these addresses because they are there only homes, and begin the labs again. I hope that the LEO has checked these addresses for Brittney. (especially the more recent ones) If she is an addict, she needs to be found, sometimes it takes an intervention.

Taken from: http://www.justice.gov/dea/seizures/al.pdf

Baldwin County, Alabama

BALDWIN BAY MINETTE 15877 WEST PINE GROVE ROAD UNIT 6 8/3/2011
BALDWIN DAPHNE 500 GRANT ST D213 12/28/2004
BALDWIN FOLEY 126 COUNTY ROAD 20 W 206 8/27/2004
BALDWIN FOLEY 15820 BEASLEY ROAD 7/4/2008
BALDWIN GULF SHORES 2151 MEEKER LN 10/14/2004
BALDWIN GULF SHORES 336a EAST 3RD ST A 4/22/2005
BALDWIN GULF SHORES 216 EAST 24TH AVENUE 11 12/24/2011
BALDWIN LILLIAN 9525 COUNTY 91 RD 5/12/2004
BALDWIN PERDIDO 56631 SPLINTER HILL RD 5/4/2004
BALDWIN ROBERTSDALE 22031 COUNTY 87 ROAD 3 1/21/2012
BALDWIN SEMINOLE 19815 SEMINOLE DR 5/13/2004
BALDWIN STOCKTON 9700 HELTON RD 4/12/2004
BALDWIN SUMMERDALE 17761 COUNTY ROAD 28 RD C 12/1/2004

Mobile County, Alabama
MOBILE AXIS 1330 LYONS DR 2/10/2004
MOBILE AXIS 10895 LONG ROAD 5/12/2010
MOBILE CHICKASAW 619 HWY 43 10/4/2005
MOBILE CITRONELLE 19690 BUCK ROAD 7/21/2010
MOBILE CREOLA 9323 LAWSHE ROAD 1/7/2012
MOBILE EIGHT MILE 4875 WHIGHAM RD 2 11/5/2004
MOBILE EIGHT MILE 5512 A OLD CITRONELLE HIGHWAY 7/17/2010
MOBILE IRVINGTON 7846 ROBERSON ST 5/14/2004
MOBILE IRVINGTON 9898 SOUTH TAYLOR AVENUE 4/5/2010
MOBILE MOBILE 7600 TILLMAN RD 2/4/2004
MOBILE MOBILE 9053 KEENE 2/27/2004
MOBILE MOBILE 2716 DAUPHIN ISLAND PKWY 15 5/25/2004
MOBILE MOBILE 375 HILLCREST RD R 201 6/9/2004
MOBILE MOBILE 9611 NEW NECK RD C 7/21/2004
MOBILE MOBILE 4312 HUNTINGTON DR 8/9/2004
MOBILE MOBILE 5498 INN RD 111 8/25/2004
MOBILE MOBILE 5051 CAMALOT DR 1/15/2005
MOBILE MOBILE 1019 SMITH AVE 3/2/2005
MOBILE MOBILE 417 5TH AVENUE 5/9/2007
MOBILE MOBILE 6300 OLD PASCAGOULA ROAD LOT A 5/13/2009
MOBILE MOBILE 9218 SOUTH VALLARIS STREET 4/12/2010
MOBILE MOBILE 3320 HAMILTON BOULEVARD 5/6/2010
MOBILE MOBILE 7935 WEST SOUTHGATE DRIVE 7/7/2010
MOBILE MOBILE 485 FOSTER ROAD 12/14/2011
MOBILE MOBILE 2449 KARAGAN DRIVE 12/27/2011
MOBILE MOUNT VERNON 250 ANDRY ROAD 5/12/2010
MOBILE SATSUMA 56 ORANGE AVE 1/3/2004
MOBILE SEMMES 6901 MCCRARY RD 1/2/2004
MOBILE SEMMES 10561 SOUTH WULFF ROAD D 3/2/2006
MOBILE THEODORE 5441 JEANETTE AVE 5/20/2004
MOBILE THEODORE 5350 CAROL PLANTATION ROAD 5/4/2010
MOBILE THEODORE 10200 BEN HAMILTON ROAD 12/21/2011
MOBILE TURNERVILLE 3180 DIXIE RD 2/19/2004
MOBILE WILMER 12354 DANNER ROAD 5/3/2010
MOBILE WILMER 8841 LOTT ROAD 18 7/16/2010
MOBILE WILMER 11581 NORTH GLENWOOD CIRCLE ROAD 8/5/2010
MOBILE WILMER 8920 TRACE LANE 12/29/2011
MOBILE 62 11TH AVE 6/6/2005

I would like to throw out a clinical term I am not sure everyone may be familiar with.....if you are, please disregard. This is just a term that is used in my field to describe what we are dealing with as teachers to describe generations of incest, etc:
http://psychology.jrank.org/pages/236/Familial-Retardation.html

Familial Retardation
The majority of persons suffering from mental retardation fall into the category of familial retardation rather than that of clinical retardation, which usually has neurological or other organic causes. Persons with familial retardation typically have IQs ranging from 55-69 and show no signs of physical disability. Environmental causes thought to contribute to familial retardation include the quality of the mother's prenatal care, maternal and child nutrition, family size, the spacing of births within a family, disease, and health risks from environmental toxins such as lead. The 1994 publication of The Bell Curve, an analysis, by Richard J. Herrnstein and Charles Murray, of the relative importance of heredity and environment in determining IQ scores, and the 1995 release of the most in-depth study to date on retardation among school children both renewed public interest in familial retardation and its causes.

Familial retardation is usually not detected until a child enters school and has academic difficulties, at which point the teacher recommends psychological evaluation. Unlike the parents of clinically retarded children, who generally seek out help for their youngsters, the parents of those with familial retardation may take offense when their children are labeled mentally retarded and deny that there is a problem, especially since their children are often able to function competently in their daily lives outside school. Some studies have shown that educators are more likely to classify poor and/or minority children as mentally retarded, while labeling white middle-class children with comparable IQ scores as learning disabled. Other critics have pointed out that familial retardation may be diagnosed in children who are simply unprepared to cope with the demands of school because of cultural and linguistic isolation.

There is much more at the link, I just snipped a portion of it. Although people laugh about it, it is VERY common in rural areas, the Appalachian Mountain areas, and areas of poverty. Although other disabilities are very commonly talked about, this whole topic is very taboo, and it shouldn't be. In my opinion, that is why it still continues.
I have also seen children diagnosed MR (Mentally Retarded) when in fact delays were due to home environment (no stimulation/neglect). I have seen these labels removed as a child learns and progresses thus testing out of this category which is the best case scenario. Most often these children are affected their entire life. (I have also seen extremely bright children come from out of these homes.)

That is why there is the push for preschools to help these children get early intervention...speech services/physical therapy, etc.

Also...many times child abuse goes undetected until a child goes to preschool or school. The school often becomes the watch dog when they notice excessive unexplained absences, bruises, changes in behavior, filthiness, etc.

Parents often move (or say they home school) if they feel school authorities are catching on to what is really happening at home.

IDK if I should post this here or the other thread, but if you go to WWH's my space acct, and go to her friends list, DW is on there. There are a ton of pics of BW on his account. You can tell how close they are.. Im sure they would protect each other if needed.

<modsnip>

This is from the federal site that lists houses that have been busted before with meth labs.....it is only as good as the sheriff's department is in reporting them though. Any of you guys that are so on the ball with addresses recognize any of these? I hope they have checked these addresses......in our county, the same people get out of jail, go back to these addresses because they are there only homes, and begin the labs again. I hope that the LEO has checked these addresses for Brittney. (especially the more recent ones) If she is an addict, she needs to be found, sometimes it takes an intervention.

Taken from: http://www.justice.gov/dea/seizures/al.pdf

Baldwin County, Alabama

BALDWIN BAY MINETTE 15877 WEST PINE GROVE ROAD UNIT 6 8/3/2011
BALDWIN DAPHNE 500 GRANT ST D213 12/28/2004
BALDWIN FOLEY 126 COUNTY ROAD 20 W 206 8/27/2004
BALDWIN FOLEY 15820 BEASLEY ROAD 7/4/2008
BALDWIN GULF SHORES 2151 MEEKER LN 10/14/2004
BALDWIN GULF SHORES 336a EAST 3RD ST A 4/22/2005
BALDWIN GULF SHORES 216 EAST 24TH AVENUE 11 12/24/2011
BALDWIN LILLIAN 9525 COUNTY 91 RD 5/12/2004
BALDWIN PERDIDO 56631 SPLINTER HILL RD 5/4/2004
BALDWIN ROBERTSDALE 22031 COUNTY 87 ROAD 3 1/21/2012
BALDWIN SEMINOLE 19815 SEMINOLE DR 5/13/2004
BALDWIN STOCKTON 9700 HELTON RD 4/12/2004
BALDWIN SUMMERDALE 17761 COUNTY ROAD 28 RD C 12/1/2004

Mobile County, Alabama
MOBILE AXIS 1330 LYONS DR 2/10/2004
MOBILE AXIS 10895 LONG ROAD 5/12/2010
MOBILE CHICKASAW 619 HWY 43 10/4/2005
MOBILE CITRONELLE 19690 BUCK ROAD 7/21/2010
MOBILE CREOLA 9323 LAWSHE ROAD 1/7/2012
MOBILE EIGHT MILE 4875 WHIGHAM RD 2 11/5/2004
MOBILE EIGHT MILE 5512 A OLD CITRONELLE HIGHWAY 7/17/2010
MOBILE IRVINGTON 7846 ROBERSON ST 5/14/2004
MOBILE IRVINGTON 9898 SOUTH TAYLOR AVENUE 4/5/2010
MOBILE MOBILE 7600 TILLMAN RD 2/4/2004
MOBILE MOBILE 9053 KEENE 2/27/2004
MOBILE MOBILE 2716 DAUPHIN ISLAND PKWY 15 5/25/2004
MOBILE MOBILE 375 HILLCREST RD R 201 6/9/2004
MOBILE MOBILE 9611 NEW NECK RD C 7/21/2004
MOBILE MOBILE 4312 HUNTINGTON DR 8/9/2004
MOBILE MOBILE 5498 INN RD 111 8/25/2004
MOBILE MOBILE 5051 CAMALOT DR 1/15/2005
MOBILE MOBILE 1019 SMITH AVE 3/2/2005
MOBILE MOBILE 417 5TH AVENUE 5/9/2007
MOBILE MOBILE 6300 OLD PASCAGOULA ROAD LOT A 5/13/2009
MOBILE MOBILE 9218 SOUTH VALLARIS STREET 4/12/2010
MOBILE MOBILE 3320 HAMILTON BOULEVARD 5/6/2010
MOBILE MOBILE 7935 WEST SOUTHGATE DRIVE 7/7/2010
MOBILE MOBILE 485 FOSTER ROAD 12/14/2011
MOBILE MOBILE 2449 KARAGAN DRIVE 12/27/2011
MOBILE MOUNT VERNON 250 ANDRY ROAD 5/12/2010
MOBILE SATSUMA 56 ORANGE AVE 1/3/2004
MOBILE SEMMES 6901 MCCRARY RD 1/2/2004
MOBILE SEMMES 10561 SOUTH WULFF ROAD D 3/2/2006
MOBILE THEODORE 5441 JEANETTE AVE 5/20/2004
MOBILE THEODORE 5350 CAROL PLANTATION ROAD 5/4/2010
MOBILE THEODORE 10200 BEN HAMILTON ROAD 12/21/2011
MOBILE TURNERVILLE 3180 DIXIE RD 2/19/2004
MOBILE WILMER 12354 DANNER ROAD 5/3/2010
MOBILE WILMER 8841 LOTT ROAD 18 7/16/2010
MOBILE WILMER 11581 NORTH GLENWOOD CIRCLE ROAD 8/5/2010
MOBILE WILMER 8920 TRACE LANE 12/29/2011
MOBILE 62 11TH AVE 6/6/2005
Do any of these addresses belong to the perps?

You are right! I hope there is never any need for DNA testing with this bunch. I'm not a scientist but what do you do if the D's and the N's all match????

I sure hope Brittney is not pregnant.

Does Baldwin have any type of health department (I say that term because that is what we call them in Florida) that goes into these communities and schools to provide information about birth control, STD's, etc.? I know that with many students I have taught that have been victims of incest, that they SERIOUSLY do not really think of it as wrong. They have grown up in a world that had different rules......it was part of life. Many, many of these students drop out early on in school. The families involved see schools as a threat, they know we will act on any suspicions, and they get away with it by the term HOME SCHOOLING! In my county, they do not enforce the drop out prevention driver's license rule either. It is sad.

BBM

I am very shocked to read the part I have bolded. I can only speak for myself as a survivor of incest, but not once........not ever... did I think what was happening to me from the age of 5 to almost 16... was right. I knew from minute one when it began that it was very wrong and so did my abuser. That is why he controlled his very frightened child by intimidation, brute force, and paralizing fear in order to protect his secret.

I was not pulled out and home schooled but I was expected to make excellent grades even though I was enduring severe trauma from physical, emotional, and sexual abuse. By outward appearance we were the all American family. My father was a very intelligent and professionally successful man.

At every victim's advocate meeting I have ever attended over the years I have never heard one person who was sexual abused due to incest say they thought there was nothing wrong with it. Imo, they do know and that is why most of their lives are shattered and so is their spirit. That is why they need help healing from the emotional scars it leaves.

If these 'blind' people do exist then I am thankful to God I was never one of them who had this mindset.

I absolutely knew it was wrong, and when I finally left that hell hole, I made sure I did the right thing by my own children. I certainly had learned a very hard lesson on what not to do when raising my own children.

IMO

thanks fabvab...

Do we know if DH was issued a court order to not be around his kids? IIRC, WWH and WMK were posting the inconsistent events of the day prior to and the day of his suicide, that included him being with the "boys" which sparked some discussion that he wasn't supposed to be around them.

If it was a court order...would CPS be part of that? I'm just thinking that other cases I've followed mention CPS being involved and there being record of such, either known/told thru MSM or via LE.

It has been stated there are multiple victims...those victims need to be protected if they aren't already.
MOO
We kept reading that DH couldn't be around one of his children.

We don't know who the victims are...thus we don't know if they are being protected or not.

But it sure seems like some of the family wasn't concerned about protecting identity of a victim.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back