OK OK - Lauria Bible, 16, & Ashley Freeman, 16, Welch, 30 December 1999 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm still wanting to know the exact location of this tragedy...

I'm in the area, and would like to just visit the location.

If anyone knows, please let me know!

And here, I always thought the two girls disappeared of their own free will

And here, I always thought the two girls disappeared of their own free will

I never believed that... but, anything is possible. The theory that they staged this and left on their own, however, is unlikely.

Because (and forgive me, but I feel I need to recap everything)... Vehicles were not missing, one of the girls (I think it was Lauria's?) purse was found in the trailer after the fire, the girls were active in school (one was a cheerleader, the other in basketball, and I think both were in 4-H)... I've watched every possible segment of this story on TV (local news, Unsolved Mysteries, Vanished with Beth Holloway, etc). Lauria's parents remind me of my parents. Down-to-earth, easy-going, genuine people.

I don't know about the Freeman family... They're all deceased now...

The rumors of the dad in drugs, LE involvement... I think it's a mix of those two. LE corruption, unfortunately is a fact of life.

You can try and change my mind... but I'm convinced local LE is somehow involved...

I saw this case on Unsolved Mysteries and it is one of the strangest cases I've seen.

I don't know if the LE is involved, but they have definitely been negligent with handling this case. The fact that they overlooked a body is bad (Lauria's parents, not trained in this type of thing found a body really quickly over the LE who are trained in this type of thing and only found one after a lot of searching) and have only recently released the info about cars in the area is quite bad. Nobody will remember a car of that description from over a decade ago. They should have released that info when they found it and we might know who did this horrible crime. The fact that Danny also said to his brother that "if something were to happen to me, look at the LE" is quite creepy too.

These girls really don't seem like the type to run away after killing their parents. I don't know.

I thought that maybe they were running from the person who murdered Ashley's parents, but I'm sure there would be sightings of them or their bodies would be found by now.

I really hope Lauria's mother can find closure in some form at some point. It's just so sad. :( I would be really mad at the LE for how they've treated this case, probably because the Freemans seemed like troublemakers to them. I don't think either of them are alive, so I hope Lauria's mother can find her and Ashley's remains and take them home. :(

I saw this case on Unsolved Mysteries and it is one of the strangest cases I've seen.

I don't know if the LE is involved, but they have definitely been negligent with handling this case. The fact that they overlooked a body is bad (Lauria's parents, not trained in this type of thing found a body really quickly over the LE who are trained in this type of thing and only found one after a lot of searching) and have only recently released the info about cars in the area is quite bad. Nobody will remember a car of that description from over a decade ago. They should have released that info when they found it and we might know who did this horrible crime. The fact that Danny also said to his brother that "if something were to happen to me, look at the LE" is quite creepy too.

These girls really don't seem like the type to run away after killing their parents. I don't know.

I thought that maybe they were running from the person who murdered Ashley's parents, but I'm sure there would be sightings of them or their bodies would be found by now.

I really hope Lauria's mother can find closure in some form at some point. It's just so sad. :( I would be really mad at the LE for how they've treated this case, probably because the Freemans seemed like troublemakers to them. I don't think either of them are alive, so I hope Lauria's mother can find her and Ashley's remains and take them home. :(

Hoshizora, thank you for joining in the conversation!

I just re-watched the segment (Unsolved Mysteries with Robert Stack)... One thing that disturbs me, as you said, is that local LE and the OSBI (Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation) both MISSED A DEAD BODY. I just cannot wrap my mind around that.

And that they both believed that Ashley Freeman could be involved! It's so insane.

Charley Project - Lauria Bible

Charley Project - Ashley Freeman

This investigation was handled so poorly, I believe there a great deal of corruption involved, and that is why I believe LE is somehow involved, or trying to cover their butts. I do not believe Ashely Freeman or Lauria are involved, I believe they are also victims.

It's the anniversary of this tragedy.

I remember seeing this case on Unsolved Mysteries SO many years ago.
It's so haunting and has so many twists and turns.

I can't find a lot of 'new' information on it. Does anyone know if there is a cold case unit working on it?
If not, maybe we could encourage there to be?

http://www.unsolved.com/ajaxfiles/mis_lauria_bible.htm

I'm finally caught up I've read the entire thread and am left wondering this....

If someone pawned the arrowheads, how would anyone know? Couldn't they have been pawned within Hours or days of the murders and no one been the wiser? LE in this case seems to be, less than professional, I guess you would say. Wouldnt they be the ones tracking down the arrowheads? Seems logical that they never looked into it or followed up on it because, well, it involves work, much like clearing a crime scene.

If LE were not involved in the actual killings, then my guess is shoddy police work is to blame for the lack of information and knowledge. They already had a beef with the family, so they quickly announce Steve killed Kathy, took the girls and fled.

My guess is there were multiple leads that came in on this case in the first few weeks and months and as witnesses gave their info police sat there nodded and said "uh huh, yeah" and never wrote a thing down.

If LE was involved, I see a few scenarios as possibilities. LE killed the parents, raped and killed the girls and dumped them where they will never be found, sold the artifacts and cash, but left the purse to make people think nothing was stolen.

It's hard to come up with a scenario that leaves the girls alive, unless LE told them they would be arrested for the murders and they better leave town and never come back. Or threatened to kill Ashleys family, too.

A good many people in this area would not be a bit surprised if LE is responsible.

The girls aren't alive; these were good kids. No way they ran off. I doubt their bodies will ever be found.

A good many people in this area would not be a bit surprised if LE is responsible.

The girls aren't alive; these were good kids. No way they ran off. I doubt their bodies will ever be found.

It's so sad. I wonder why whoever did it took the girls elsewhere instead of doing away with them and leaving them there like the parents. Was it to cover up the motive, throw people off?
I also don't think they'll be found. I don't wanna point fingers, but who knows better how to hide remains that people with experience in maybe comitting previous crimes, or who know where to find them?

I find it super strange that the nurse who helped when Shane was shot was murdered after telling the TV show what happened or whatever.

Would it be possible to see the TV show? Where are those kinds of things kept? Also, what happened to the man who killed her?

I find it super strange that the nurse who helped when Shane was shot was murdered after telling the TV show what happened or whatever.

Would it be possible to see the TV show? Where are those kinds of things kept? Also, what happened to the man who killed her?

The show "What Really Happened" wasn't purchased by any TV networks, so it never aired.

The man was shot to death shortly after he murdered the nurse, DeAnna. He was apparently a paranoid schizophrenic and was angry that the hospital was downsizing.

Charley Project, as always, has the most details:
The Charley Project - Lauria Bible
The Charley Project - Ashley Freeman

Just wanted to let everyone know that the the Bible-Freeman case will air on Investigation Discovery's Disappeared Monday, Jan. 21 (a week from tomorrow) at 8 CT/9 ET.

Just wanted to let everyone know that the the Bible-Freeman case will air on Investigation Discovery's Disappeared Monday, Jan. 21 (a week from tomorrow) at 8 CT/9 ET.

Thank you! I just got ID last week.

Thank you! I just got ID last week.

You're welcome! I've been keeping an eye out for it since I found out they were profiling the case.

In case you haven't already "discovered" (terrible pun, I know) for yourself, ID is veryaddictive. Once you start watching, you can't stop!

Thanks for the update, I love ID and Disappeared, it brings you so much closer to the victims and the families.

In case you haven't already "discovered" (terrible pun, I know) for yourself, ID is very addictive. Once you start watching, you can't stop!

LOL, I completely agree with this comment! :floorlaugh:

I was thrilled when I learned that they'd be covering Lauria and Ashley's case this season! Can't wait to see the episode. :yes:

You're welcome! I've been keeping an eye out for it since I found out they were profiling the case.

In case you haven't already "discovered" (terrible pun, I know) for yourself, ID is veryaddictive. Once you start watching, you can't stop!

I haven't watched it too much yet - trying to clear off the DVR - but I'm sure I will!

Just a reminder that Lauria and Ashley's case will be profiled tomorrow night on Investigation Discovery's Disappeared. :)

January 21, 2013: "Out of the Ashes" (9:00 pm ET)

Lauria Bible attends a 16th birthday sleepover for her best friend Ashley Freeman in rural Oklahoma. That night, the house goes up in flames, and the girls mysteriously vanish. The clock is ticking to find the missing girls before it is too late.

http://investigation.discovery.com/tv-shows/disappeared/tv-schedule.htm

Someone please keep good notes for those of us (hello!) without access.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
3bell4010066bppts