Moving van at Cooper House now (11/13/08)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think they arrested him on that 'evidence'. And - while police may arrest for flimsy things, remember the Grand Jury indicted him saying that there was enough EVIDENCE to charge him with first degree murder.

A DA going for Murder 1 will want to be procedurally anal retentive and not hinge an entire case on hearsay.

If they haven't arrested / indicted Jason Young on the evidence they have on him - I have to believe that there is quite a bit MORE in this case.

Raleigh,

I hope you are right, I have been wanting to separate fact from fiction and the truth from hearsay. I have read about the evidence in the Young case and he looks so very guilty, I have yet to see evidence in this case that will allow me to say the same, I am sure it must exist. A tighter lid has been kept on this case as opposed to the Young case one would have to think, based on what we have heard from police they have nothing, and that cannot be true or BC would not be in jail.

Raleigh,

I hope you are right, I have been wanting to separate fact from fiction and the truth from hearsay. I have read about the evidence in the Young case and he looks so very guilty, I have yet to see evidence in this case that will allow me to say the same, I am sure it must exist. A tighter lid has been kept on this case as opposed to the Young case one would have to think, based on what we have heard from police they have nothing, and that cannot be true or BC would not be in jail.

Different police depts in each of those cases. We have heard nothing from the Cary PD and that is on purpose--they do not ever discuss the evidence with the public...period. That's their policy, so the fact that you/we don't know exactly what they have is as designed. It protects the integrity of the case. The Wake County DA also never discusses his cases and evidence with the public, so again, until trial we'll hear nothing about the evidence. I realize that makes some people wary and left wondering if there is actually any evidence in a case, but if the DA didn't think he could prove his case in court, he wouldn't have proceeded forward. Therefore, he believes there is enough evidence (not hearsay, evidence) to win a conviction. BTW, thoughts/opinions of the family and friends is not considered evidence.

Upon the release of the SWs in the Young case we learned they had a lot of incriminating evidence--those SWs had been sealed a lot longer than in the Cooper case.

If you find yourself having any doubt about the way this DA operates (or just mere curiosity), I urge you to read Amanda Lamb's book, "Deadly Dose," which details the investigation and arrest of Ann Miller for poisoning her husband in 2000, and inner workings of the DA's office, including our current DA, Willoughby, and Cooper case ADA, Howard Cummings. A fascinating look at the Wake County system, and a fast read.

<snip>

Upon the release of the SWs in the Young case we learned they had a lot of incriminating evidence--those SWs had been sealed a lot longer than in the Cooper case.

<snip>

Therein lies the difference - in the Michelle Young case there are numerous warrants which have been released, in this case there are only enough to count on one hand. What evidence is known in the Young case has come from reading the warrants only, nothing direct from the mouth of LE. So there is no significant difference in how the two different LE departments have managed information.

Funny how some think JY is guilty because there are a ton of warrants and can't fathom BC being guilty because only a few warrants exist. In the Young case it is obvious something is missing for the DA, perhaps in the Cooper case, nothing is missing from the DA's perspective. Enough time expired between the warrants and BC's arrest to have received forensics back, I suspect there is much less missing in the jailed one's case, hence he sits in jail.

At $349.9K it's priced a bit lower than it might have listed otherwise, for that neighborhood, with comparable size houses, but with it's history that's not unexpected, and the price is within fair market range. IIRC in the separation paperwork they were looking to list at a target around $370K, but the market has slowed, as it has in many places.

Actually, I do not think it is priced low. That neighborhood in Lochmere is starting to age in that some of the "builder" grade roofs are soon needing replacement, the home needs exterior paint, the yard is not well-landscaped. It's "just a yard". The inside is probably nicer than the outside. That particular neighborhood has the homes built really close by each other.

There are much more upscale neighborhoods in Lochmere. This isn't one of them.

At $349.9K it's priced a bit lower than it might have listed otherwise, for that neighborhood, with comparable size houses, but with it's history that's not unexpected, and the price is within fair market range. IIRC in the separation paperwork they were looking to list at a target around $370K, but the market has slowed, as it has in many places.

The house directly across the street from the Cooper house is on the market for $429,900.
http://www.fizber.com/north-carolina/buy-single-family-home-2073476.html

and priced too high...note that listing was opened 1/5/2008. Almost an entire year on the market.

For Lochside Glen, the home across the street from the Cooper home is priced too high, I agree. However is appears to have more of a quality facade than the Cooper home/yard. The Cooper home has one of the "crappiest" yards on the street. It could be finessed into a lovely place with the right owner who knows how to do landscaping. The view from behind the Cooper home (from the street) is ghastly. Leyland cypress trees have died, leaving gaping holes in the line of privacy trees. There are still a few dead ones.

Obviously BC didn't do anything to make the landscaping nice, or know how, or have the money to pay someone to do it. Of course we know that he was too busy with his job, travel, school, Ironman, oh yes...and FAMILY.

Interestingly, 106 Wallsburg sold 6 months ago (when the market was much better) for only $319,000 with very similar square footage. It appears to perhaps be the same floor plan as the $429K house.

It's quite possible that some of these home have vastly different upgrades since they were essentially tract homes from a production builder when first installed. the neighborhood can certainly support upgrading and it's probably why we're seeing pretty wide pricing differentials.

Ultimately, though - the $429K house is going to have issues appraising, and the appraisers are driving the market due to the banks not wanting to have the loan go underwater. Now's not the time to be trying to break high price points for sales....

Wow, that's a big range of prices on that street. I suppose it depends how motivated a seller is to get things moving, along with the condition of the house, the market, etc, etc.

NC's master bedroom. It appears the entire home is painted in shades of gray.

NC's master bedroom. It appears the entire home is painted in shades of gray.

Good Morning Mom, and welcome back - you have been missed!

Thanks for the pic - I don't think I care much for this shade of gray, but everyone has their own ideas.

Thanks for the photo Mt3K. Interesting room.

Star, be careful about not liking grey - you might end up with some bad karma for that opinion. :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

Umm...the CLOSET: where Brad Cooper and Heather Metour spent a little time while three toddlers were alone in the house.

Fitting, the grey. Symbolic of the grey fog of doom over their marriage, Nancy's death and the death of a family unit. (Someone had to say it).

I can't picture Brad Cooper cleaning bathroom floors and fixtures. You'd think it would flare his allergies, if not his terminal case of arrogance.

Thanks for the photo Mt3K. Interesting room.

Star, be careful about not liking grey - you might end up with some bad karma for that opinion. :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

Oh, gray is not bad at all. I just don't care for that particular shade. I would have chosen a, perhaps, more taupey, paler grey for the bedroom - easier to decorate, imo. But then I'm not an interior decorator, and Nancy seemed to have a flair. I'm sure she made it look fabulous. And I have plenty of my own bad karma, thanks anyway. In fact, I need to rent a storage shed to store it in.

Speaking of grey, did you know that in early b&w tv, specifically "I Love Lucy" the sets were painted various shades of grey. Colors did not represent well when translated to the b&w film.

Oh, gray is not bad at all. I just don't care for that particular shade. I would have chosen a, perhaps, more taupey, paler grey for the bedroom - easier to decorate, imo. But then I'm not an interior decorator, and Nancy seemed to have a flair. I'm sure she made it look fabulous. And I have plenty of my own bad karma, thanks anyway. In fact, I need to rent a storage shed to store it in.

Composte sheds are always a good place for bad karma. Do you think that is an east facing window in that room. I'm not sure of the orientation of the house. If you know, which direction does the front of the house face ?

Thanks Mom! Nice to see you.

Shades of grey (pc's grey fog of doom); Wallsburg (walled in); Court (court!!); Loch (a lake/body of water) Mere (To divide, limit, or bound).

There must be more. Was the writing on the wall?

For those of you that live in the area, please don't take this too seriously. I don't need the bad karma. But do consider giving your house a cheery name, as they sometimes do in holiday resorts. And give some thought to bright colors in at least some of the rooms.

But seriously, I am sure that the house looked quite beautiful when set off by the furnishings that Nancy chose so carefully. I actually don't mind that shade of grey, depending on what else is in the room. I am reminded of DD's recent post on the Nancy blog. Very sad to think of the hope that they both once had in that house.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni