OK - Donald 'Joe' Neff, 61, Poteau, 14 May 2009 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
i believe that the business owners or the employees just throw the wanted posters away as they clean the doors and windows, but we have hung so many then to go back and they are gone makes me angry. i mean this is not a yard sale sign, this hunt will not end until we have his killer(s) behind bars.

I am so sorry for your loss. He seems like he was a wonderful man. My heart aches for you and your family. Stay strong, hang in there and have faith that justice will prevail.

yes they had to get a court order that day and it would not ping at all, probably under water already
That's kind of what i was wondering. I am assuming they checked phones records on his cell and home phone to see the last calls received?
I agree with previous posters in saying this has to be a local. Someone after his money would be a good bet. Is there much drug activity in that town? Usually when someone is after money, drugs tend to play a big part of that.
Such i senseless tragedy. I pray you find comfort and and those responsible be held accountable.

Does his GF come in the bar all the time to see him or was it out of the norm? I really hate asking you such personal questions :(

don't hesitate asking questions that is how we get answers, right? so ask away... ok the gf worked there. she was coming in for her shift at noon.

I am so sorry for your loss. He seems like he was a wonderful man. My heart aches for you and your family. Stay strong, hang in there and have faith that justice will prevail.

i want to thank each and every person on here. i have received so many kind words, i want to thank you all from the bottom of my heart. i didn't even know how to start my question on here to get it started i cannot believe so many people are helping...thank you and God bless each and every one of you abundantly!!!

That's kind of what i was wondering. I am assuming they checked phones records on his cell and home phone to see the last calls received?
I agree with previous posters in saying this has to be a local. Someone after his money would be a good bet. Is there much drug activity in that town? Usually when someone is after money, drugs tend to play a big part of that.
Such i senseless tragedy. I pray you find comfort and and those responsible be held accountable.

no calls were suspicious, yes I think it a local, probably money, why would they haul his body away? why not leave it there, they never wanted it to be found i guess.yes lots of drugs here like anywhere i guess, i hear of it but i cant see that being related to his death , but i never thought he would have been murdered either. so anything is possible.

My heart goes out to you and your family. :(

The guy that originally found him, the one that was there when the girlfriend arrived for her shift, how good of a friend was he? Was he a big guy? Hopefully he's been questioned heavily. Was it normal for him (as a regular) to arrive that early to the bar, or did he usually come at a different time?

Did the bar have video poker? Were there any heavy gamblers, maybe someone who is in trouble with money?

Usually in a small town tavern, people have routines. Everyone has their own routine. I would be interested in hearing or finding out about anyone who had broken their routine just prior to or just after this. Did anyone start changing the time they arrived or left? Anyone staying later than normal? Someone thinking about doing this may inadvertently leave clues like this as they mull the idea over in their mind.

no calls were suspicious, yes I think it a local, probably money, why would they haul his body away? why not leave it there, they never wanted it to be found i guess.yes lots of drugs here like anywhere i guess, i hear of it but i cant see that being related to his death , but i never thought he would have been murdered either. so anything is possible.

I agree I think if this was just some random person wanting to rob him they would have left his body there at the bar. The person who did this to your father knows him and knows the area...this of course is my opinion only..

I am so sorry for your loss. After reading here, Topix and from those that signed his online guest book, it is very obvious he loved and admired by many.

I'm thinking it was someone who knew about the safe. Maybe local, maybe they heard about it from a local. Either direct knowledge or indirect knowledge. jmo I missed some of the details, was he injured at the bar THEN taken out and murdered?

I believe his body put in the water with the hope it would never be found. The murderer/s wanted to buy time to get away or conceal/destroy evidence. Again jmo

Prayers going up for your family.

no calls were suspicious, yes I think it a local, probably money, why would they haul his body away? why not leave it there, they never wanted it to be found i guess.yes lots of drugs here like anywhere i guess, i hear of it but i cant see that being related to his death , but i never thought he would have been murdered either. so anything is possible. And the perp had to dump his body 20 miles away because, well everyone was looking for your dad by that time. Can't come back into town with a body.

Here is my two cents on the phone pings and why your dad wasn't just left at the bar. Customers were going to show up soon and the perp needed your dad to get into the safe at his house. He couldn't trust your dad to give him the correct combination, and if your dad was dead that would leave the perp screwed if the combination was incorrect. They go to the house then to the strip pit. Phone pings would either back up or dispute that route of travel.

The timeline is so tight it's interesting to note that the perp was probably robbing the safe knowing that by that time people would have seen the blood and alerted LE. Bold of the perp since family and LE could have shown up as he was pulling out of the driveway or while he was still in the house even.

I have a couple of more questions, was the safe comination or keylock?

What did your dad keep in the safe and how much money did he keep there?

Who else had the combination?

Also how much blood was found at the bar?

My heart goes out to you and your family. :(

The guy that originally found him, the one that was there when the girlfriend arrived for her shift, how good of a friend was he? Was he a big guy? Hopefully he's been questioned heavily. Was it normal for him (as a regular) to arrive that early to the bar, or did he usually come at a different time?

Did the bar have video poker? Were there any heavy gamblers, maybe someone who is in trouble with money?

Usually in a small town tavern, people have routines. Everyone has their own routine. I would be interested in hearing or finding out about anyone who had broken their routine just prior to or just after this. Did anyone start changing the time they arrived or left? Anyone staying later than normal? Someone thinking about doing this may inadvertently leave clues like this as they mull the idea over in their mind.
yes the first customer was a regular and always came a little early

yes they had to get a court order that day and it would not ping at all, probably under water already

How thoroughly did LE check out the strip pit? If the cell phone wasn't found and may be in the water, something else of evidentiary value might be in the water too. I know strip pits can be very deep and diving conditions very, very murky.

Here is my two cents on the phone pings and why your dad wasn't just left at the bar. Customers were going to show up soon and the perp needed your dad to get into the safe at his house. He couldn't trust your dad to give him the correct combination, and if your dad was dead that would leave the perp screwed if the combination was incorrect. They go to the house then to the strip pit. Phone pings would either back up or dispute that route of travel.

The timeline is so tight it's interesting to note that the perp was probably robbing the safe knowing that by that time people would have seen the blood and alerted LE. Bold of the perp since family and LE could have shown up as he was pulling out of the driveway or while he was still in the house even.

I have a couple of more questions, was the safe comination or keylock?

What did your dad keep in the safe and how much money did he keep there?

Who else had the combination?

Also how much blood was found at the bar?[/QUOTE

ok i will answer these in order. it has both, no idea i never even thought of it being an issue until now, not sure, i was never allowed to go in, but the paper just said a lot.

I thought I added to my previous post but it's not there, that the perp probably went 20 miles away to the strip pit because he couldn't very well do anything near or in town with everyone looking for your dad.

Also, IIRC, the owner of the land the strip pit is on indicated he saw nothing? Even though people have to drive past his house? And this would have been during daylight. Did the description of the red truck come from the property owner?

I thought I added to my previous post but it's not there, that the perp probably went 20 miles away to the strip pit because he couldn't very well do anything near or in town with everyone looking for your dad.

Also, IIRC, the owner of the land the strip pit is on indicated he saw nothing? Even though people have to drive past his house? And this would have been during daylight. Did the description of the red truck come from the property owner?

there were a couple of people that indicated they saw a red truck in front of the bar around the time he was abducted. they just happened to drive by. the road the bar is on is a through street. it takes you from highway 59 south to the old wister highway and it is pretty well traveled.

{{{Missingmydad}}} I'm sorry I missed you today!

hi there i am back on here, i had no idea anyone would even find my thread let alone this fast and to take an interest in it, i was just giving it time on here for people to find it. thank you so much

missingmydad,
I can feel how much you miss your Dad! I cannot imagine what you have been going thru! You can bet your bottom dollar that websleuthers will keep on this for as long as it takes!

The red truck.... wow. That is good information.

As per the safe. I think that whomever did this obviously knew where your Dad kept his money from his business.

Question: what, if anything, was missing from the safe? Was anyone jealous of him in his business endeavors? Were any of his friends in the position of owing others money that they may have found your Dad to be the "bank"?

My prayers and thoughts are soooo with you missingmydad. Your Dad deserves justice and I for one am willing to stick with you until you get that.

that is the mystery. my dad had so many friends, there were over a thousand people at his funeral, this town is not that big, he knew and was friends with everyone. i am 38 and have never heard anyone talk bad about him, ever. his only business partner was his brother for the last 30 years or longer but dad was semi retired and just had the bar. the girlfriend was not from around here originally but she has been in poteau for a couple of years or so. no idea of any of her exs

What brought his girlfriend to Poteau? Do you know anything at all about her past?

no calls were suspicious, yes I think it a local, probably money, why would they haul his body away? why not leave it there, they never wanted it to be found i guess.yes lots of drugs here like anywhere i guess, i hear of it but i cant see that being related to his death , but i never thought he would have been murdered either. so anything is
possible.

Maybe he was just badly wounded at the bar and the murder took place somewhere else later that day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ghost246