TN - Chris Newsom, 23, & Channon Christian, 21, murdered, Knoxville, 6 Jan 2007 #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Court back in session.

It'll be a miracle if I manage to stay awake through the reading of the charges. Did she say 67 pages?

I wish they'd do the closing arguments first.

I think it's called selective hearing. An affliction usually found in spouses and old farts. lol.

Notice during his interview statements GT makes a point of mentioning he was listening to radio :rolleyes:

:parrot:

Judge instructing jury that after conclusion of arguments by both sides, he will read more specifically what the jury is and isn't to consider according to the law, general principles etc. Telling jury to follow along as he reads charge...

4sbhcg.jpg

And yes, he just confirmed - 67 pages. :(

I think it's called selective hearing. An affliction usually found in spouses and old farts. lol.

And Children!! :dance:

Channon's brother, Chase; Gary; GT.
52b505.jpg

what just happened?

Judge explaining alternative theories, including facilitation, voluntary manslaughter, reckless homicide, facilitation of reckless homicide, criminally negligent homicide and facilitation of criminally negligent homicide, robbery, facilitation of robbery, facilitation of especially aggravated kidnapping, false imprisonment, facilitation of false imprisonment, and facilitation of aggravated rape, facilitation of sexual battery, facilitation of theft etc

Criminally responsible as a party to the presentment (reads all charges) if offense was committed by defendant's own conduct, or conduct of another if...

Interruption... what was that all about?

The law--and specifically these instructions--appear to set the bar so impossibly high IMO, to bend over backward to give the jury every opportunity, to find defendant NG...

The blonde I circled started shouting (not loudly) something... everyone went to her.. but she said she was fine - she was looking down and working on stuff..

I'm guessing she spilled coffee on her lap...

First thing we see after she says something:
262l5de.jpg

Crisis over:
2vsf0g2.jpg

fnzmv4.jpg

Listening to judge reading presentment
2hwpfva.jpg
34xkxap.jpg

I do think they will find him guitly of ficilation (sp?). I think he will get less than 20yrs. I just don't feel good about this trial. I feel so bad for the victims families.

If I were Davidson with all the evidence against him. Knowing this thomas was also invovled. I would be testifying in his trial. I would want everyone invovled to do time also. I wouldn't cover for anyone.

Good Morning Y'all. I see the judge is going over instructions for the jury, so I didn't miss this part. Hope all of you are doing well this morning. Hope we get a just verdict today.

Morning guys! Sorry was dealing w/computer issues at work this morning, so I'm wayyyyy behind...Muffet...I got the tweets for ya from here out!! And I think that chick that you circled is Jamie from Knox news...is she causing a stir in the courtroom??? LOL!

These are such atrocious, agregious crimes that even to sit idly by and do nothing just offends the deepest sensibilitiies and the most basic sense of human dignity... how the jury could help but render in part an emotional verdict under these kind of circumstances is difficult to say.

BBM: I totally agree. It is easy to say "keep emotion out of a decision", but an entirely different animal to be able to do that after hearing and seeing what these criminals have done to another human being. :furious:

Morning guys! Sorry was dealing w/computer issues at work this morning, so I'm wayyyyy behind...Muffet...I got the tweets for ya from here out!! And I think that chick that you circled is Jamie from Knox news...is she causing a stir in the courtroom??? LOL!

Thanks! Yeah, it does look like her, doesn't it? There has only been one tweet from her all morning so far, too. I hope she's ok.

a prosecutor attorney assistant passed out in the Davidson trial. Wow. what's going on there?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288