Identified! NV - Washoe Co., WhtFem 156UFNV, 25-35, Sheep's Flat Trail, Jul'82 - Mary Edith Silvani

Thanks CarlK!

I agree that the eye colour appears to be different, but as you say, eye colour can be mistaken, also, the use of flash photography can alter the appearance of ones eyes.

As you say, the killer was clearly not Alcala, but my line of thought was that if the girl in the Alcala photo was on the fringes of society, maybe a young runaway or even just a young girl who just associated with the wrong type of people, then a common trait might be to end up associating with men of a violent disposition, which is unfortunately a pretty common occurrence.

Thanks for your constructive comments, I love your compositions, they're fantastic - you have a real skill.

Wow! For a minute I had to double take. But then I saw was her soft jaw and chin line. Still a good find though.

I know we're gonna find this one guys.

2011323507.jpg
2011323862.jpg

securedownload-18.jpg

The resemblance is uncanny here.

I have a couple questions:

What was the cause of the 4 - 5" surgical scar on the abdomen? At first I assumed that it was a Caesarean scar but it seems odd that if it were that sort of scar that they would say "She may have given birth to at least one child" because if it were a caesarean scar they would know she had given birth to at least one child.

Which arm was the vaccination scar on?

She was obviously with someone that she trusted or the murder was completely random - I doubt that it was random because there seems to be no motive as she wasnt abused sexually and it doesnt appear that she was robbed.

If she were with someone that she trusted I think it was likely a female that killed her because of the way she was killed - as though someone shot her in the back of the head while she was tying her shoe.. Normally when a man kills a female they do so face to face.

The detective didn't go further into what type of scar. It could be that the autopsy just says scar and nothing more.

2011323507.jpg
2011323862.jpg

securedownload-18.jpg

The resemblance is uncanny here.

Okay, yeah, if that's not her...wow. But that's not the same woman in the first Alcala photos posted a couple of threads back, is it? This woman's eyes look definitely dark. And she looks like a dancer -- the very erect way she sits, the hair smoothed back, the long neck.

There's at least one other case where a person in his photos has a very strong resemblance to a UID who was killed after Alcala was locked up. Some people were speculating he may have handed off some of his targets to somebody else -- sort of like serial killer trading cards :sick:

Here is what I was thinking, alcala for sure didn't kill her, but for the sake of argument it is her. Find out when and where it was taken and you have a solid time frame and starting point. Until she can be ruled out as alive, it could be promising.

The Yellow Shorts girl does look amazingly like Jane Doe, but IMO, Jane Doe has a taller forehead.

Would it be worth forwarding along to washoe sheriff? Assuming they care?

It was the high forehead of the Washoe County Jane Doe that made me make a connection between her and the photo's I posted above.

But after an autopsy has been preformed who knows what difference that can make??
The Yellow Shorts girls teeth do look crossed too.

I thought this conversation sounded familiar, and I was right. Here's a post where this match has been suggested before, in the Alcala forum: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5406267&postcount=52

We also sleuthed the location and determined it's probably Forest Lawn cemetery in CA. There are a bunch of other photos of this woman, posing on a rock, clowning around, and generally looking comfortable with the photographer. Since that's near Alcala's home, it doesn't narrow the timeline much. Some of the photos were identified as being taken in Denmark and I believe Germany, so it could also be a European location.

Side by sides.

Attachments

• washoe county july 1982 post mortem.jpg
    washoe county july 1982 post mortem.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 25
  • girl in yellow shorts face.jpg
    girl in yellow shorts face.jpg
    5.7 KB · Views: 210
  • 156UFNV1.jpg
    156UFNV1.jpg
    4.5 KB · Views: 49
  • yellow shorts girl head turned.jpg
    yellow shorts girl head turned.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 53
The detective didn't go further into what type of scar. It could be that the autopsy just says scar and nothing more.

Thanks. :)

I dont think the scar was a c-section because it seems very unlikely to me that she would have a c-section scar and they said that she 'may' have given birth to at least one child. If she was pregnant long enough to have a c-section then she would have without a doubt given birth to at least one child..

It was listed as a "had a 4 - 5" surgical scar on the abdomen" - what other types of operations would cause that?

Would it be worth forwarding along to washoe sheriff? Assuming they care?

I haven't had to deal with Washoe County yet, but I would suspect they wouldn't look much further than the fact that it was an Alcala photo, and that Jane Doe was murdered after Alcala was in jail.

And even if they did, where would you go with this? We don't know who the yellow-shorts girl is anyway, so it's a dead-end from the start. Unless you can come up with some sort of theory of who she was, or which killer was introduced to her by Alcala (and killed her three years later), they aren't going to spend any time on it.

This was my initial stumbling block when I found the girl in the Alcala photos, if it was her it would only lead to another dead end.

People are loooking for the women in Alcala's photos and if anyone comes up with names i.e " oh yes thats sally X from CA" and shes missing then maybe that could help with this case? Could give a last known location and even her associates at that time?

I think the best thing to do would be get the look alike picture out there on the web for an I.D and hope that it could come back and give this Doe a name.

It might be worth mailing it in to the LE department that's trying to identify the Alcala photos, however.

Here is a close-up of Washoe JD's and Yellow-Shorts Girl's teeth.

2635943580045078242S600x600Q851.jpg

IMO, while they both have protruding upper-central-incisors (8 and 9), WJD's upper-left-lateral-incisor (#10) is much more squared at the bottom. Also (although not clear), it appears that WJD's 8 and 9 are a little more askew than YSG's.

I think I'm going to check up the personal ads in the papers for 6 months leading up to the murder. Maybe a woman looking for a summer thing.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biff
Back