NM NM - Patty Pritz, 14, & Mattie Restine, 13, Carlsbad, 11 Aug 1961 - #2

That's interesting that the guy's name was Norris. TruTV says Roy Norris was stationed in San Diego until 1969. I wonder if he had leave or something around that time. I'll talk to my friend and see what he thinks. He's a good guy and has done some pretty high-profile cases here.

I'm not sure this is the same guy (Norris). I don't think he was in the service. But he was from the Carlsbad, NM area. But one never knows. I know his full name ....but can't put it on here....you know how that goes?

http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/World/2011/08/05/18514201.html
"ST. PETERSBURG, Fla - Florida authorities will upload the DNA profile of deceased serial killer Ted Bundy into a national database on Friday with the hope it might help crack unsolved murders.

Bundy was executed in Florida in 1989 for the murder of 12-year-old Kimberly Leach, but had confessed to and been suspected of dozens more killings across the country."

""We should be able to find cases, if they're out there, that could possibly match him as a perpetrator."

I am thinking that the families of his victims and those that suspected him, will be so relieved to finally have some definitive answers.
Although there are some very good potential suspects in the case of Mattie and Patty, wouldn't it be something, if someone else altogether - turns out to be responsible for their brutal deaths ,nearly fifty years ago.
Just think of the collective sigh of relief, if DNA testing, coupled with someone stepping forward with information - or even a little tip, results in finding the killer(s)of Carlsbad!

Bumping for Mattie Restine and Patty Pritz, who died a violent death nearly 50 years ago, on August 11 1961. Two young teenage girls, who deserved to enjoy many more years of swimming at the beach on carefree summer days, with nothing more to worry about than getting back home in time for family dinner......

http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/World/2011/08/06/18519611.html
The skeletal remains of a young woman murdered 65 years ago and left in the California desert have been identified through DNA analysis, authorities said on Friday.

It's wonderful what the DNA Analysis can do in today's world. This young lady was killed 65 yrs ago and now her family has some sense of closure...of finding her body and being able to put her to rest in the place they want her to be.
August 11, 2011 is coming up this week and Mattie Restine and Patty Pritz's case will be unsolved for 50 yrs. I pray each day that someone or something will pop up and we can have some peace of mind about WHY and WHO killed them. I will never give up HOPE that someday it will solved.
Please keep Mattie's and Patty's case going. Please continue to work on the information that is provided in Part One and Part Two of this website. So much information has been given and shared that something good should come from it.
Thank you for your continued support and prayers that someday this case will be solved.

From page 1, thread 1 -
08-31-2009, 08:02 PM
Sunshine 1950
1961 carlsbad, nm double murder - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

"Several years back I sent a packet of information to the A&E's Cold Case Files, along with one to the Most Wanted, and the Nancy Drew show...but none of these shows contacted me back....so I don't know if they would be interested in this case... maybe I need to try again".

Anyone out there looking for a 50 year old mystery to showcase -should consider the case of Mattie Restine and Patty Pritz, now that would be satisfying television and a huge boost to helping solve this crime!...

I'm thinking of you, Sunshine 1950, as the story of Mattie and Patty comes up for 50 years.

Old cases are being solved every day and I hope this one is soon.

Thinking of Mattie Restine and Patty Pritz and the brave ,bereaved but determined sister,(Sunshine 1950) who has been seeking truth and justice for 50 years.

Hope this day is not too painful Sunshine 1950 and that this will be the year to get your heart's desire.....truth.

Sunshine, thinking of you on this, yet another, sad anniversary of Mattie and Patty's deaths. Where oh where is the truth? It's still out there somewhere.

Sunshine, have you ever asked ECSO if they ever got word of anyone in prison ever bragging about this murder or if perhaps some inmate reported that another inmate said they were responsible?

I just can't believe if the girls were picked up on Church St. coming back from the beach, that someone didn't see them getting into a car. What happened to the billboard project?
jt

Sunshine, thinking of you on this, yet another, sad anniversary of Mattie and Patty's deaths. Where oh where is the truth? It's still out there somewhere.

Sunshine, have you ever asked ECSO if they ever got word of anyone in prison ever bragging about this murder or if perhaps some inmate reported that another inmate said they were responsible?

I just can't believe if the girls were picked up on Church St. coming back from the beach, that someone didn't see them getting into a car. What happened to the billboard project?
jt

Hi Justthinkin...nice to hear from you. Yes, it is the 50th Anniversary date of Mattie and Patty's murders. The truth is so close to being out...but I just don't understand why it isn't. What or who is hiding the truth. That is the question I have.
I think that question of who picked the girls up on Church St. might have been answered the day after the girls were missing....but the answer was ignored ....just like alot things have been. It's in the old investigative reports..and all they need to do is read them again.
I do have some good news....Larry Barker from KRQE, Channel 13, out of Albuquerque, NM. is working on a comprehensive story about Mattie and Patty's Murders. I'm very excited about the fact he is really interested in helping find the truth...about what happened to the girls and who killed them. He's a very professional man that sounds sincere to me.
The billboard idea kinda fell apart due to the extreme cost of one being put up. But maybe something might come of it later. Right now we are talking about raising money for some more DNA testing that is needed to be done on the girls belongings.

http://www.currentargus.com/carlsbad-opinion/ci_18650260?source=rss
Wants justiceFrom the Current-Argus

Posted: 08/09/2011 10:07:14 PM MDT

"This letter is about Mattie Catherine Restine's and Patty Sue Pritz's murder case. To this day their murders are unsolved. On August 11, 1961, they went to the Municipal Park and didn't return home. On August 13 their bodies were found in the Rocky Arroyo area by Bill Melton and Willie Dee Blair of Carlsbad. They found one footprint and one tire print but no weapons or bullets.
Fifty years of not caring about this case is unacceptable to our family. The killers have had a lifetime of freedom they shouldn't have had. You know who these people are; give Mattie and Patty the JUSTICE they deserve. Don't turn the away from information that could lead to solving this case."

http://www.currentargus.com/carlsbad-opinion/ci_18650260?source=rss
Wants justiceFrom the Current-Argus

Posted: 08/09/2011 10:07:14 PM MDT

"This letter is about Mattie Catherine Restine's and Patty Sue Pritz's murder case. To this day their murders are unsolved. On August 11, 1961, they went to the Municipal Park and didn't return home. On August 13 their bodies were found in the Rocky Arroyo area by Bill Melton and Willie Dee Blair of Carlsbad. They found one footprint and one tire print but no weapons or bullets.
Fifty years of not caring about this case is unacceptable to our family. The killers have had a lifetime of freedom they shouldn't have had. You know who these people are; give Mattie and Patty the JUSTICE they deserve. Don't turn the away from information that could lead to solving this case."

Thanks Dotr for posting this.

New development....Last week Larry Barker from KRQE, Ch. 13 out of Albuquerque,NM called me and is working on a comprehensive story about the girls murder case. Everyone please pray that something will come from this. He is asking questions about the case from the girls family members as well as thier friends. Eddy County Sheriff's Dept is suppose to talk with him next week. So please, continue to work on this case. Thank you....

Great news Sunshine 1950, I always believed the saying, that "hope springs eternal"!
Now that would be an interesting story to watch- and an amazing story ,if it helps solve this crime! Good on Larry Barker from KRQE, Ch. 13 out of Albuquerque NM!
Sunshine 1950,this just might be the year for you to see a beautiful rainbow!

Great news Sunshine 1950, I always believed the saying, that "hope springs eternal"!
Now that would be an interesting story to watch- and an amazing story ,if it helps solve this crime! Good on Larry Barker from KRQE, Ch. 13 out of Albuquerque NM!
Sunshine 1950,this just might be the year for you to see a beautiful rainbow!

Thank you dotr....yes it would be an answered pray for sure. I do believe this case can be solved. And it is in God's hands.

these are the old newspaper articles that were placed on this website. The Current-Argus newspaper articles aren't on here from the 2003 investigation.
Please read the Part One of this thread.
Thank all of you for working on this case.
I still believe this case can be solved....

Legacy checking in and sending best wishes for a successful news story, Sunshine. Life gets busy, but you will always be on my mind and in my heart.

Because of you, these two precious girls have become dear to so many and through you, their memory has been kept alive as you have sought justice for their murders. I will always be glad our life paths crossed and only wish I could have helped more along the way. So thankful to hear their story will be broadcast and pray this will bring the answers you so diligently have searched for. I will be anxious to hear of the progress.

Also, hello to fellow Websleuthers I haven't been in contact with for some time and those newer ones who have supported Sunshine since. Keep fighting the good fight!

legacy,hope you do not mind me copying and pasting this post of yours from
Thread 1.nice to "see you' here!
legacy.
The Eyes of The World are on Eddy County

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have been reading with interest the postings on this unsolved double homicide on this and other boards. The plight Sunshine 1950 has gone through in seeking justice for her sister, Mattie, and the other victim, Patty, is unbelievable. Her fortitude and determination have added resolve to my own quest for justice.

Sunshine1950, have you spoken with the Eddy County Crime Stoppers program? I have noticed they have several billboards throughout the area. Perhaps they would adopt the many unsolved homicides in their area as a special project. They should have funds available to offer rewards for anonymous information leading to the arrest of the individuals responsible. While each program is a partner with their affiliated law enforcement agency(s), the program is overseen by a local civilian board of directors. You might speak with the chairperson to see what assistance they could offer.

This practice of not returning phone calls by the ECSO or "blackball mentality" that you indicate you are experiencing is unexcusable. My next recommendation would be a petition delivered to the Sheriff seeking investigation into the unsolved homicides in the area. It could contain local and worldwide signatures. Eddy County needs to know that the eyes of the world are on them. They should be held accountable for their actions - or lack thereof."

Hoping the wheels are turning, to help bring truth and light to Mattie Restine and Patty Pritz's unsolved case!

Hoping the wheels are turning, to help bring truth and light to Mattie Restine and Patty Pritz's unsolved case!

Thanks for the information about how the Crime Stoppers can work for the victims ....I don't know much about how they work.
I'm always asking people to give the information they have to Crime Stoppers...but I don't know if they do. Nor do I know how one goes about giving information. I know that around my area all you have to do is make a call.
But what your saying is very interesting. I guess I need to study about what the Crimes Stoppers Program is all about. And I know there are several unsolved murder cases in the Eddy County area. Again thanks for the information.
And yes I do hope the wheels are turning....for Mattie and Patty's unsolved murder case. I pray each day that it will be solved soon.

Hoping that anyone with info. about the murder of Mattie Restine and Patty Pritz on August 11 1961 Carlsbad, will help get this 50 year old ball moving and rolling towards the direction of truth.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Petoskey
Back