GUILTY Peru - Stephany Flores, 21, murdered in Lima hotel room, 30 May 2010 #25

http://www.hlntv.com/article/2012/01/16/jane-velez-mitchell-opinion-joran-van-der-sloot

Opinion: 'True judgment day for van der Sloot'
By Jane Valez-Mitchell
Mon January 16, 2012

"But as the court kept reading, we finally saw the first crack in Joran’s tough guy demeanor. His normal arrogant, narcissistic attitude started to vanish before our eyes. Hearing every minute detail of his brutal and violent actions, there was no way for him to rationalize or minimize what he had done.

Suddenly, he needed to sit down. He was sweating profusely, right through his shirt. There was no more yawning. No more sleeping. He was beaten.

Today, Joran van der Sloot is a broken man.

He is facing 28 years in prison and I hope he serves every last day. Unfortunately that is not likely due to Peru’s extremely generous compensation for good behavior. Joran van der Sloot could be eligible for parole in 9 years. Let’s hope he spends the next decade coming to grips with what he has done."

Thanks, Tadpole.

I don't believe for a moment that JVS is a broken man. If he is, it's only because he finally wasn't able to bargain and weasel his way out of his latest mess.

He will always rationalize and minimize what he's done. He will never take responsibility. And he will never come to grips with what he's done.

JMO

Thanks, Tadpole.

I don't believe for a moment that JVS is a broken man. If he is, it's only because he finally wasn't able to bargain and weasel his way out of his latest mess.

He will always rationalize and minimize what he's done. He will never take responsibility. And he will never come to grips with what he's done.

JMO

ITA! I think they mistake his demeanor. My belief is that he was near breaking point, because he was in a position of NO control. They accused him, demeaned him, sentenced him and he, for the first time, couldn't bully, lie, cheat or steal his way out of it. I actually was worried that he was going to break and lunge for somebody.

Heyya AR,

So AVS in still in the loop.

partial text,

...know that there are 3rd parties such as your...
...who are trying to break up my firendship wit...
...Mr. Jimenez. For example, Your mother...
...ed me severely & told me to move on. For th...

AVDS was never out of the loop. She'd been in the loop since day one, contrary to what she wanted people to believe right after JVDS' arrest.
People went through AVDS, she was always in contact with his attorneys, journalists like J van den Huevel, who got permission to interview JVDS from prison. In Cole Thompson's book, Portrait of a Monster, at the end it said that the authors reached out to JVDS' attorney and attempted to arrange a jailhouse interview. After conferring with his client, Maximo Altez said that JVDS' mother didn't think it was a good idea.

I will look for the articles but reportedly MH first contacted JVDS' American attorney, presumably that would be JT, who put her in touch with AVDS. AVDS and the Peru attorney gave MH permission to visit JVDS.

Now we see she's sending him messages on a phone he wasn't supposed to have and must have known that he was using a fake name on it.

JMHO

yes, iirc, the indictment was brought by the U.S. Attorney with jurisdiction for an Alabama district.

Yes, you remember correctly.

http://www.fbi.gov/birmingham/press-releases/2010/bh_060310.htm

The FBI Birmingham Division

U.S. Attorney’s Office Northern District of Alabama

BIRMINGHAM—Federal prosecutors in Birmingham have filed a criminal complaint against JORAN VAN DER SLOOT, a citizen of the Netherlands, on wire fraud and extortion charges in connection with his soliciting money in May on promises he would reveal the location of Natalee Holloway’s remains in Aruba and circumstances of her death, U.S. Attorney Joyce White Vance and FBI Special Agent in Charge Patrick Maley announced today.

So no press conference by Stephany's father yesterday? I wonder what happened? :waitasec:

So no press conference by Stephany's father yesterday? I wonder what happened? :waitasec:

The only thing I can think of is that he was satisfied that JVS was stripped of all his amenities and sent to another prison where he's being monitored (at least for the meantime).

Looking at the video of him crying, he's so full of well u know...those are FAKE tears, like I can't get what i want so I'm going to cry, thats something my 2 year old does. He isn't sorry, he's sorry for getting caught, and if he didn't get caught this time, another 5 years on May 30, he would have done it again, in another country. Those poor girls :( Watching the video of them entering the hotel room, I think he drugged her, as well as Natalee. He knew exactly what he was doing, he knew he wanted to take her to his room and rob her, and possibly have sex with her, because he thinks he's a ladies man and he's not at all. He's a murderer of women, he won't do it to men because men can handle him and women can't. I have no remorse for this monster, and he will never be any good for society, and no he isn't not mentally crazy!!!

Sorry guys just had to rant about him!!

I hope he gets on here and reads this so he will know that NOBODY likes him just like Casey, maybe they should date and we will see who kills who first!!! Ugh he makes me so angry, thinking about those girls :(

http://www.hartvannederland.nl/nederland/2012/joran-van-der-sloot-wil-strafvermindering/

Partial Translation

Joran wants reduced sentence

Joran has used the opportunity to appeal to, let his lawyer know. That does not mean that he formally appealed, because he must submit reasoning for this and he has ten days to do so.

His lawyer explains: "Joran said on Friday that he would retain the right to go against the punishment. Thus he could think about it this weekend, after everything that happened. And Monday was seen as 24 hours after delivery, because Saturday and Sunday do not count. 24 hours after delivery, we have a written request for appeal filed. "

Joran thinks according to his lawyer because he best chance for remission. "Friday we discussed and we did not agree with the punishment. It was a fleeting conversation, we believed that we could get a lower sentence. I can not say how much the reduction would be. But the punishment he received is only a little lower than the demand. "

So JVDS has to come up with his reasoning for the appeal, we can probably guess what he'll come up with.

JMHO

google translation from spanish article:

Dutch murderer is in the observation area and is guarded 24 hours a day for two agents.

Joran van der Sloot is now a prisoner in the prison Ancon 1 (formerly "piedras gordas"). The confessed murderer of Stephany Flores was placed in the observation area of the prison or Meditation. They shared courtyard with the famous Jorge Chávez Montoya ("Polish") and José Roque Alejos ("Payet Cholo").

According to prison sources, the Dutchman remains guarded 24 hours a day by two security officers and can only move in a courtyard of 3 × 4 square meters.

"He came last Friday, at 8:00 pm. It has a room for him, but shares a patio, do not talk to anyone and avoid eating things that give" the source told.

Joran will stay in this area until the prison board and transfer it to classify a pavilion and also specify the special scheme to be submitted. This will depend on the degree of danger and crime.

It also emerged that it is more likely that the Dutch to stay in the observation area to avoid any conflicts with other inmates.

Under the rules, Joran should be subjected to the regime, i.e. have only four hours in the yard, four visits a week, only immediate family and through call centers.

http://trome.pe/actualidad/1361232/noticia-joran-mismo-patio-quecholo-payet

avoid eating "things that give"?

http://www.hartvannederland.nl/nederland/2012/joran-van-der-sloot-wil-strafvermindering/

Partial Translation

Joran wants reduced sentence

So JVDS has to come up with his reasoning for the appeal, we can probably guess what he'll come up with.

JMHO

He's dreaming. He thought if he 'admitted to the murder' he would get only 8 - 10 years or so. He's not happy that the judges did NOT believe his 'sincere confession.'

(note to Joran.............a SINCERE CONFESSION, also means a TRUTHFUL CONFESSION. Apparently you're not capable of telling the truth, therefore YOU LOSE!)

Maybe now he'll begin to realize that although he's managed to make it through life :liar: , it's not gonna happen anymore. At least for the next 26 years! and hopefully beyond.

Almost the WHOLE WORLD has his number now. :maddening:

JMHO
fran

google translation from spanish article:

Dutch murderer is in the observation area and is guarded 24 hours a day for two agents.

Joran van der Sloot is now a prisoner in the prison Ancon 1 (formerly "piedras gordas"). The confessed murderer of Stephany Flores was placed in the observation area of the prison or Meditation. They shared courtyard with the famous Jorge Chávez Montoya ("Polish") and José Roque Alejos ("Payet Cholo").

According to prison sources, the Dutchman remains guarded 24 hours a day by two security officers and can only move in a courtyard of 3 × 4 square meters.

"He came last Friday, at 8:00 pm. It has a room for him, but shares a patio, do not talk to anyone and avoid eating things that give" the source told.

Joran will stay in this area until the prison board and transfer it to classify a pavilion and also specify the special scheme to be submitted. This will depend on the degree of danger and crime.

It also emerged that it is more likely that the Dutch to stay in the observation area to avoid any conflicts with other inmates.

Under the rules, Joran should be subjected to the regime, i.e. have only four hours in the yard, four visits a week, only immediate family and through call centers.

http://trome.pe/actualidad/1361232/noticia-joran-mismo-patio-quecholo-payet

avoid eating "things that give"?

I bet there's a lot of prisoners in Castro Castro, Lurigancho and Piedras Gordas that would like to be put in solitary to "avoid any conflict with other inmates".

It's no different than his situation in Castro Castro. He"ll still get to mingle with the criminal elite. What makes him so special since he seems to think he's just a "simple murderer". :furious:

And it sounds like he's again refusing to eat the food they give him so he can get them to let him "order out" like at Castro Castro.

MOO

Very sad, he is right he put on weight, and became very, very mean looking, he looks much older than his age, where is he now, I just hope they took his cell phone, computer, TV and all his other gadgets away, that I was shocked at hearing, all the things that he had acquired in his cell with a curtain to boot for privacy, I do hope all that comes to an end!! Also let the chips fall where they fall for him!!

...And it sounds like he's again refusing to eat the food they give him so he can get them to let him "order out" like at Castro Castro.

MOO

I don't know what his motivation is, but I know your translation is better than google's. It's definitely "he avoids eating what they give him" not "eating things that give".

In context, the phrase could also mean he is not eating things that other inmates (the ones with whom he shares the patio, but isn't allowed to talk to) give him. But given his history and the verb tense, your interpretation is probably right:

JVDS has a room, but shares a patio, talks to no one and avoids eating the food the prison gives him.

He's dreaming. He thought if he 'admitted to the murder' he would get only 8 - 10 years or so. He's not happy that the judges did NOT believe his 'sincere confession.'

(note to Joran.............a SINCERE CONFESSION, also means a TRUTHFUL CONFESSION. Apparently you're not capable of telling the truth, therefore YOU LOSE!)

Maybe now he'll begin to realize that although he's managed to make it through life :liar: , it's not gonna happen anymore. At least for the next 26 years! and hopefully beyond.

Almost the WHOLE WORLD has his number now. :maddening:

JMHO
fran

my bolding

So true, it's obvious he thought he was going to walk away with basically a slap on the wrist. Didn't his attorney say at one time he could be out in about a year or two? Looks like they had his apartment all ready for him.

What's he going to come up with as the reason for appealing the sentence? He didn't know what he was pleading to? Those judges looked so mean, he was so scared that he was forced into pleading guilty? He didn't understand his translator? His rights were violated?

Very sad, he is right he put on weight, and became very, very mean looking, he looks much older than his age, where is he now, I just hope they took his cell phone, computer, TV and all his other gadgets away, that I was shocked at hearing, all the things that he had acquired in his cell with a curtain to boot for privacy, I do hope all that comes to an end!! Also let the chips fall where they fall for him!!

At least now he looks as mean and psychotic as he actually is. I think he lured the two victims that we know about (and however many Thai women we have yet to know about) because of his silly bangs and childish appearance. Now he looks mean and ugly and brutish and hopefully he gets some scars to add to that as well. Take away his boyish disguise.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back