*DEVELOPING*CO Shooting at Movie Theater #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
There were also some twitter rumors that before the movie started someone in the theater got a phone call and left through the exit, leaving it open.

There is also a rumor that someone with a handgun was seen leaving the theater in a red car.

There is also a post on 4Chan claiming to be the second person, threatening suicide.

(all links can be found in my previous comment, timeline part 2)

we have to be very careful about posting rumors. We need to stick to the facts/what is being reported on.

I believe his fb page was found but then taken down, iirc.

I wish we knew who that guy was who took that phone call at the emergency exit. Very strange place to take a call.

I wonder where his mom is from? Tennessee?

This is him James E Holmes and his relatives in Dan Diego.
So far I can't find any listing of him in Colorado.

People Search: HOLMES, JAMES born 12/13/1987

1 Match Found (100 max.)

1. HOLMES, JAMES E (Age 24)
SAN DIEGO, CA

Possible Relatives:

HOLMES, ROBERT M (Age 61)
HOLMES, ARLENE ROSEMARY (Age 58)

FYI, There is also another James E Holmes in Aurora, CO,
BUT he is born 1945, so that is NOT our guy:

Just woke up and have been reading everything I can find on MSM, before it occurred to me to come here, bc you guys would be on top of it. This one hits really close to home for me. I lived almost a decade in Boulder and have friends in Aurora. I have been to that theater. And, when I was younger (ie before kid), I would have been at that midnight showing. I have been trying to contact my friends all morning, but haven't heard back.

Things like this make me fearful to even go out! Those poor people. His poor family. Everything, just...so sad.

Yet they get their facts right much of the time and more quickly then a lot of American papers. I've also gotten stuff from them that wasn't yet seen in American papers. My college has no problem with it being a source...it is also allowed here. It is definitely not a total tabloid.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Still, their facts come straight from USA news services like the AP and Gannett...not even my kids middle school would ever accept that site as a "source". My DD studied abroad as a Journalism major in London, and by all reputable news sources, it IS considered a tabloid. Each individual is, of course, free to accept it for their own use as a source as they see fit. There is a reasonable amount of accuracy to their articles, as the Mail reporters do for the most part get their information from main stream media sources.

Here is a quick concise explanation of the difference between a "tabloid" and a regular broadsheet newspaper.

http://journalism.about.com/od/trends/a/tabloidsbroadsheets.htm

jmo

At least 3 people are critical, according to the article.

The shooting victims range from 3 months old to 45 years old.

This IS an act of terrorism whether he was involved with a group or not, or what his reasoning or lack there of. Still, IMOO it is Terrorism.

I absolutely agree Lucky.

This is a home grown terrorist.

Why do they always try to sugarcoat it?

imo

Just woke up and have been reading everything I can find on MSM, before it occurred to me to come here, bc you guys would be on top of it. This one hits really close to home for me. I lived almost a decade in Boulder and have friends in Aurora. I have been to that theater. And, when I was younger (ie before kid), I would have been at that midnight showing. I have been trying to contact my friends all morning, but haven't heard back.

Things like this make me fearful to even go out! Those poor people. His poor family. Everything, just...so sad.

(((maedlamsmom))) I hope your loved ones are safe.

My kids are young adults and they attend these midnight premiers often.

It's just so sad.

HLN is showing the witness interview about the person taking the phone call right before Holmes entered the theater.

HLN is showing the witness interview about the person taking the phone call right before Holmes entered the theater.

I'm wondering if those doors can be opened from the outside. Maybe the shooter started out inside the theater, took a fake phone call, propped the door open and came back in?

I want to see what this version of evil looks like. :banghead:

Does someone with better sleuthing skills than I, know how to search for mug shots in Aurora? It prolly won't be posted until he is formally charged? Thanks.

I want to see him too, JenniferTx.

We will probably see this guy (witness) a lot more on the news.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DazzelleShafer