West Memphis 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
MEMPHIS MODIFIED ZONE AND INFORMATION

IN 1. HAVE YOU EVER TAKEN A POLYGRAPH TEST BEFORE?

SR 2. IN REGARD TO THE MURDER OF THOSE THREE YOUNG BOYS, ARE YOU GOING TO TELL THE TRUTH DURING THIS TEST?

R 3. AT ANY TIME WEDNESDAY OR WEDNESDAY NIGHT, WERE YOU IN ROBIN HOOD HILLS?

C. 4. HAVE YOU EVER KILLED A CAT OR A DOG?

R. 5. WERE YOU PRESENT WHEN THOSE BOYS WERE KILLED?

C 6. HAVE YOU EVER TAKEN PART IN DEVIL WORSHIP?

R. 7. DID YOU KILL ANY OF THOSE THREE BOYS?

IN 8. HAVE YOU TAKEN ANY DRUGS OR MEDICATION TODAY?

R. 9. DO YOU KNOW WHO KILLED THOSE THREE BOYS?

10. DO YOU SUSPECT ANYONE OF HAVING KILLED THOSE THREE BOYS?

WEST MEMPHIS POLICE DEPARTMENT P 93-0021

POLYGRAPH REPORT

TO: DET. RIDGE DATE OF EXAM MAY 10,1993
COMPLAINANT NUMBER CASE FILE NUMBER 93-05-0666
SUBJECT DAMIEN WAYNE ECHOLS SSN. ***-**-****
ADDRESS 2706 SOUTH GROVE DLN.
CITY/STATE WEST MEMPHIS,AR. D.O.B. 12-11-74
PLACE OF EMPLOYMENT N/A

PURPOSE OF EXAMINATION

HOMICIDE INVESTIGATION

REMARKS:

IN THE PRETEST INTERVIEW, THE SUBJECT DENIED HAVING BEEN IN ROBIN HOOD HILLS ON WEDNESDAY, MAY 5, 1993. HE DENIED BEING PRESENT WHEN THE VICTIMS WERE KILLED AND DENIED HAVING KILLED ANY OF THE VICTIMS. HE ALSO SAID HE DID NOT KNOW WHO KILLED THE THREE VICTIMS.

A TEN QUESTION POLYGRAPH TEST WAS FORMULATED AND THREE POLYGRAPH CHARTS WERE CONDUCTED. THE TEST CONTAINED THE FOLLOWING RELEVANT QUESTIONS:

Q.#3. AT ANY TIME WEDNESDAY OR WEDNESDAY NIGHT, WERE YOU IN ROBIN HOOD HILLS? "NO" Q.#5. WERE YOU PRESENT WHEN THOSE BOYS WERE KILLED? "NO"
Q.#7. DID YOU KILL ANY OF THOSE THREE BOYS? "NO"
Q.#9. DO YOU KNOW WHO KILLED THOSE THREE BOYS? "NO"
Q.#10.DO YOU SUSPECT ANYONE OF HAVING KILLED THOSE THREE BOYS? "NO"

IT IS THE OPINION OF THIS POLYGRAPH EXAMINER THAT THIS SUBJECT RECORDED SIGNIFICANT REPSPONSES INDICATIVE OF DECEPTION WHEN HE ANSWERED THE ABOVE LISTED RELEVANT QUESTIONS IN THE MANNER NOTED.

CONCLUSION: DECEPTION INDICATED

IN THE POST TEST INTERVIEW, THE SUBJECT DENIED ANY INVOLVEMENT IN THIS CRIME. AFTER APPROXIMATELY FORTY-FIVE MINUTES, I ASKED THE SUBJECT WHAT WAS HE AFRAID OF? HE REPLIED: "THE ELECTRIC CHAIR". HE THEN SAID THAT HE LIKED THE HOSPITAL IN LITTLE ROCK. (HE SAID HE HAD BEEN TREATED THERE FOR MANIC-DEPRESSION) AFTER A SHORT PERIOD OF TIME, THE SUBJECT CEASED TO DENIE HIS INVOLVEMENT. (ADMISSION THROUGH ABSENCE OF DENIAL) HE THEN SAID: "I WILL TELL YOU ALL ABOUT IT IF YOU WILL LET ME TALK TO MY MOTHER." DETECTIVE RIDGE BROUGHT HIS MOTHER IN TO MY OFFICE TO TALK TO HIM. AFTER TALKING TO HIS MOTHER HE AGAIN DENIED BEING INVOLVED IN THE MURDERS. AFTER APPROXIMATELY TWENTY MINUTES, I ASKED: "YOUR'E NEVER GOING TO TELL ANYONE ABOUT THIS BUT YOUR DOCTOR, ARE YOU?" HE REPLIED: "NO".

Bill Durham

http://callahan.8k.com/wm3/depoly.html

Jeana (DP) said:
I'm not sure who owns this website, but it appears to have everything:

http://callahan.8k.com/
Well, not really. I find it very interesting that thy have Damien's polygraph but not Jesse's? I guess because Jesse passed his!!!

I dont understand what is taking so long either. A year is a long time to look at a knife. But I think it goes further than that. I think maybe it's been done for a while. I think a few people are trying to work out pride issues and wondering about future elections.

I always think this is soooo sad when that happens. People who worry about how mistakes will be deemed. You would think that they would understand that people would see that by admitting a mistake, they would be seen on an even higher ground. Yeah, you might have to give the kids some money. Yeah, you will have to go on record and say you made a booboo, but what is more important in the long run? A person's pride or what is right. We've all seen the miscarraige of justice. It doesn't happen a lot, but when it does, it's pretty darn slow in making itself right. Too many lawyers wondering about the payout. Too many politicians wondering about the damage. Unfortunately that means innocent people sit in jail even longer. Justice should always come before pride, but that's just a wild dream of mine.

Amy Noel said:
Well, not really. I find it very interesting that thy have Damien's polygraph but not Jesse's? I guess because Jesse passed his!!!

I haven't looked at all of the documents yet, but its a great source of information for anyone who wants to get up to speed on this case enough to talk about it with ya'll!!!

Jeana, I love ya girl, but there is a reason why lie dectector tests are not admitted in court. I had an old friend years ago tell me how to beat one. Not that I needed to, so I asked another friend who was a member of the Texas Rangers to test me on it. Sure enough I lied my butt off through the entire test and beat it with flying colors.

How did I do it? My advice was to sing, "Mary had a little Lamb" in my head for the entire interview.

So I got to thinking....what if someone had disjointed thoughts? Wouldn't that skew the test? Not to be one who is shy I went and asked. yep. Random thoughts mess the test up. The test is built on the fact that most people can concentrate. But not all can.

dasgal said:
I dont understand what is taking so long either. A year is a long time to look at a knife. But I think it goes further than that. I think maybe it's been done for a while. I think a few people are trying to work out pride issues and wondering about future elections.

I always think this is soooo sad when that happens. People who worry about how mistakes will be deemed. You would think that they would understand that people would see that by admitting a mistake, they would be seen on an even higher ground. Yeah, you might have to give the kids some money. Yeah, you will have to go on record and say you made a booboo, but what is more important in the long run? A person's pride or what is right. We've all seen the miscarraige of justice. It doesn't happen a lot, but when it does, it's pretty darn slow in making itself right. Too many lawyers wondering about the payout. Too many politicians wondering about the damage. Unfortunately that means innocent people sit in jail even longer. Justice should always come before pride, but that's just a wild dream of mine.

Actually its more than the knife....

LIST A ITEMS

Evidence Item #
Related #s Lab Case # Description

Michael Moore

FP2 93-05716 Left hand nail scrapings from victim
FP3 93-05716 Right hand nail scrapings from victim
FP5 93-05716 Two (2) Caucasian hairs removed from Moore.
FP6 93-05716 One (1) package containing ligatures from wrists to legs, right and left, of victim Moore.
FP6 QH 93-05176 Hair from Moore ligature
FP6 93-05176 Skin/tissue/hairs from Moore ligatures
FP7 Qt-4 93-05716 Swabs taken from Moore
FP7 93-05716 Dyed hair from FP7 (Moore)

Steven Branch

FP3 93-05717 Nail scrapings from victim Branch
FP4 93-05717 Right hand nail scrapings, Branch
FP5 93-05717 Two (2) dark Caucasion hairs removed from Branch.
FP6 93-05717 Ligatures from victim Branch
FP6 93-05717 Skin, tissue or hair removed from Branch ligatures
FP6 K1-Q1-4 93-0717 Branch blood sample; swabs

Christopher Byers

FP3 93-05718 Hair found on Byers' body
FP4 93-05718 Left hand nail scrapings from Byers
FP5 93-05718 Right hand nail scrapings, Byers
FP6 QH 93-05718 Hair on lower body, Byers
FP8 93-05718 Ligatures from right and left extremities, Byers
FP8 QH 93-05718 Hair from Byers' ligature
FP8 93-05718 Tissue, skin or hair, Byers' ligature
FP9 93-05718 Hair, perineum, Byers

Evidence Item # Related #s Lab Case # Description

FP10 QH 93-05718 Negroid hair removed from white sheet 1
FP10 Q1-3 93-05718 Swabs from Byers

Other Evidence

E3 93-05716 Hair from E3
E5 93-05716 Hair from Scout cap
E126 QH 93-05716 Hair from knife
E127 LS1-QH 93-05716 Hair from tree stump
E147 QH 93-05716 Hair from knife

Clothing Cuttings

E3 93-05716 Cuttings from blue pants
E7 93-05716 Cuttings from jeans

Knife

E178 93-05716 Kershaw folding knife

LIST B ITEMS

Evidence Item #
Related #s Lab Case # Description

E1A 93-05716 Bag of clothing, area of homicide
E27 93-05716 Hair from knife
E28 93-05716 Hair from E28 butterfly knife
E134 QH 93-05716 Hair from knife
E17 93-05716 One (1) wooden stick, scene
FP10 QH 93-05716 Negroid hair removed from white sheet

dasgal said:
Jeana, I love ya girl, but there is a reason why lie dectector tests are not admitted in court. I had an old friend years ago tell me how to beat one. Not that I needed to, so I asked another friend who was a member of the Texas Rangers to test me on it. Sure enough I lied my butt off through the entire test and beat it with flying colors.

How did I do it? My advice was to sing, "Mary had a little Lamb" in my head for the entire interview.

So I got to thinking....what if someone had disjointed thoughts? Wouldn't that skew the test? Not to be one who is shy I went and asked. yep. Random thoughts mess the test up. The test is built on the fact that most people can concentrate. But not all can.

I hadn't seen it before and thought it was interesting. I'm not ready to hang him because of it. GEEZ! LOL Anyway, there is a lot of information at that site and was hoping people who've never studied the info on this case would get involved enough so that it may justify having its own area! Give a girl a break!!! :D

We love ya. It's a wacky case for sure. I'd love seeing it in it's own forum. I belong to photog forums who are wild about this case. There is much more public intrest in this one than most.
Wouldn't hurt to give it a prelim......

Amy Noel said:
Actually its more than the knife....

LIST A ITEMS

Michael Moore

FP2 93-05716 Left hand nail scrapings from victim
FP3 93-05716 Right hand nail scrapings from victim
FP5 93-05716 Two (2) Caucasian hairs removed from Moore.
FP6 93-05716 One (1) package containing ligatures from wrists to legs, right and left, of victim Moore.
FP6 QH 93-05176 Hair from Moore ligature
FP6 93-05176 Skin/tissue/hairs from Moore ligatures
FP7 Qt-4 93-05716 Swabs taken from Moore
FP7 93-05716 Dyed hair from FP7 (Moore)

Steven Branch

FP3 93-05717 Nail scrapings from victim Branch
FP4 93-05717 Right hand nail scrapings, Branch
FP5 93-05717 Two (2) dark Caucasion hairs removed from Branch.
FP6 93-05717 Ligatures from victim Branch
FP6 93-05717 Skin, tissue or hair removed from Branch ligatures
FP6 K1-Q1-4 93-0717 Branch blood sample; swabs

Christopher Byers

FP3 93-05718 Hair found on Byers' body
FP4 93-05718 Left hand nail scrapings from Byers
FP5 93-05718 Right hand nail scrapings, Byers
FP6 QH 93-05718 Hair on lower body, Byers
FP8 93-05718 Ligatures from right and left extremities, Byers
FP8 QH 93-05718 Hair from Byers' ligature
FP8 93-05718 Tissue, skin or hair, Byers' ligature
FP9 93-05718 Hair, perineum, Byers

FP10 QH 93-05718 Negroid hair removed from white sheet 1
FP10 Q1-3 93-05718 Swabs from Byers

Other Evidence

E3 93-05716 Hair from E3
E5 93-05716 Hair from Scout cap
E126 QH 93-05716 Hair from knife
E127 LS1-QH 93-05716 Hair from tree stump
E147 QH 93-05716 Hair from knife

Clothing Cuttings

E3 93-05716 Cuttings from blue pants
E7 93-05716 Cuttings from jeans

Knife

E178 93-05716 Kershaw folding knife

LIST B ITEMS

E1A 93-05716 Bag of clothing, area of homicide
E27 93-05716 Hair from knife
E28 93-05716 Hair from E28 butterfly knife
E134 QH 93-05716 Hair from knife
E17 93-05716 One (1) wooden stick, scene
FP10 QH 93-05716 Negroid hair removed from white sheet

Crap, I had no idea. Those poor kids. Misfuddled, but I feel sorry for them.

dasgal you have some great thoughts, enjoyed reading them. I wish i could remember that quote about evil occuring when good men stay silent...i think that sums up how u feel yes? Also Amy thanks for the information, with your diligence perhaps we could get a forum devoted to wm3.

As far as the DNA analysis goes its pathetic how long its taking. And John Mark Beyers should have definetly been investigated, the US justice system is so corrupt.

I just finished reading Devils Knot. I keep turning the pages waiting for the piece of evidence that really tied these 3 boys to the crime.

The only think that I found somewhat compelling (I tossed the confession) was Jessie and the whiskey bottle. And even that does not tie the 3 to a crime.

This has probably been addressed here but did the judge ever rule on the DNA testing?

ETA: Just went to the site and read that as of 03/06 the testing has still not been done.

mic730 said:
I just finished reading Devils Knot. I keep turning the pages waiting for the piece of evidence that really tied these 3 boys to the crime.

The only think that I found somewhat compelling (I tossed the confession) was Jessie and the whiskey bottle. And even that does not tie the 3 to a crime.

This has probably been addressed here but did the judge ever rule on the DNA testing?

ETA: Just went to the site and read that as of 03/06 the testing has still not been done.
Yes, Dna was sent it on 06/02/04.... still awaiting results.... the list of all evidence and items sent to be tested is listed here on a previous post, see #109.

I just finished watching both the Paradise lost dvd's.I find myself sitting on the fence leaning slightly towards the three being innocent.I think if anything the three deserve a new trial.I think there was alot of misconduct concerning the confession from Jessie and some of the evidence.

I don't know if JMB had anything to do with the murders,but I noticed when he was put on the stand concerning the knife he give to HBO,he looked as guilty as hell.He had lost all his confidence when he testified.His eyes tell a story.
Something else that really bothers me about him is he spends 75% of the time on film quoting the bible and basically claiming to be such a god fearing man.What kind of religous person whose step son is murdered and mutilated by a knife,encourages young kids to fight with knives.As well as commit fraud,steal,sell drugs to an undercover police officer and lie his face off for a polygraph.I can understand never being the same again when you lose a child,that goes without saying,but you cannot blame becoming a criminal on this.
I am very interested to see what the results of the dna tests say.I wonder when Paradise Lost 3 is supposed to come out,anyone have a clue?

Alta said:
I wonder when Paradise Lost 3 is supposed to come out,anyone have a clue?
This was posted on WM3.org sometime ago....
May 24, 2004

Filmmakers Joe Berlinger and Bruce Sinofsky are starting production of their third Paradise Lost film this summer. Funded by HBO and slated for theatrical release in 2006, the new film aims to tell the definitive story of the West Memphis Three case, from the initial arrests to the conclusion of their appeals process. Paradise Lost 3 (working title) will combine material from Paradise Lost: The Child Murders at Robin Hood Hills and Revelations: Paradise Lost 2 with new footage soon to be filmed

I can't wait to see...http://www.hollywood.com/movies/detail/id/3462704

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member