TX - Jonathan Foster, 12, Houston, 24 Dec 2010 - Mona Nelson charged with Murder - #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am on page 4, so pardon my catch-up...

Did I miss a presser? Was there/Is there a presser?

The media has been reporting there will be one "some time this morning." I haven't heard an exact time.

Wow that video of stepdad is jut bizarre to me. I don't understand how he says JF was "his boy" yet him and the mother had only been together for a short time and then they separated 3 weeks ago because he slapped him yet he doesn't like to see babies hurt. Just weird. I'm not trying to imply anything but it is odd to me. I am a stepparent and have been for almost 10 yrs and love my stepchildren and would die for them but it does take time to have a close bond. I am afraid there are going to be a lot more details that come out as time goes on and I think it is not going to be good. I really feel like this is a drug issue. She had to have some kind of motive to do this and drugs seem very likely. Poor Jonathan. My heart goes out to Glenn and Renee. I'm so sorry for this senseless loss.

Maybe I'm jaded, but I recall that Ron Cummings claimed that Misty passed her polygraph, too, when I think we know now that that was the furthest thing from the truth.

and also per Ron Cummings "drug dealers don't sneak into a house and take your kids"...which is probably one of the few truthful things he has ever said.

They also said investigators found burned carpet at Nelson's home and discovered twine that appeared to match the string that was used to bind Jonathan's hands.

Surveillance cameras at a business near the spot where the body was discovered had recorded her images,

So NOT just the truck like was stated before....

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/metropolitan/7359495.html

I find it odd that the twine to bind Jonathan's hands was still visible in order to state it appeared to match when the body was "allegedly" unable to determine the ID and gender.

Couple of thoughts/questions/speculations rolling around the ole' bean here...

1. Could DD have been told he passed the polygraph to lull him into a false sense of security? After 3 minutes with the man I've no doubt LE got a pretty good read on his personality. While they finish gathering up evidence on him prior to his arrest, they can play out the rope a little, make him believe he's not a suspect, and (as we have seen) some spectacular stuff might come out of his mouth.

2. What became of his Mercedes that LE towed?

3. Is he still claiming to have checked on JF at 1:45? Much like Mona felt a need to create an excuse for her presence at the bungalow (IMO, in case she had been seen/left evidence as well as to establish a deflection/alibi), did DD feel he might have to 'splain some things away too?

4. ITA with the poster above that a speech and body language analysis on that interview is in order! Off to watch it again...

Right, I agree about the carpet and twine for evidence.

But this quote says that there was enough evidence to prove that SHE KILLED him.

I am not so sure that carpet and twine indicate that she killed him.

So I do believe there is other evidence. :(
ugh...Im gonna guess its the severity of the burned body with no sign of accelerant showing he was burned with a welding torch....jmo also someone posted earlier that they saw metal bars being removed from her home.... im thinkin that was rebar used for welding...

Disturbing:

The twine may have been put on after the fact to make transport easier (sorry)

Does any recall if there is a video of the step-father and/or mother indicating that the step-father showed up at the house and saw Jonathan?

I think his mother loved him. I think she made the best decisions for him she could given her own circumstances and situations throughout his life. She sent him to live with Renee and husband.. She allowed him to live with his grandma and from the sounds of it.. she wasn't the one who was pushing for him to come live with her last month. That was Jonathan. But she knew he wanted to, so she consented. Step dad slapped him, again she made the decision a lot of parents sadly struggle with, she just left SD and moved her and jonathan away. (although it was just a few houses down), She removed him from the environment.
We see soo many mother and fathers who have never lost custody of their kids or given it up voluntarily, continue to subject their children to abuse from their partners or step parents and not take the steps necessary to move out. This mom DID takes those steps. Do you think she would have done that 10 years ago or 5 years ago? I think she changed. I agree she was scared and was in CYA mode, but i don't think this mother has lived an easy life and when scared, we got fight or flight and i think she just reverted back to what she knows. She was said to be a pathological liar by family or friends.. she felt cornered and she just blurted out whatever came to mind. I dunno I'm rambling.. but i have a lot of sympathy for her at this point. I shed tears for Jonathan last night and this morning i shed tears for a mom who tried to give her boy his birthday wish and tried to be the mom her boy thought she could be to him.
That's all

I find it odd that the twine to bind Jonathan's hands was still visible in order to state it appeared to match when the body was "allegedly" unable to determine the ID and gender.

If this is true, his hands were tied, then the possibility that he was alive at Mona's house is in play.
I mean, is it typical to tie someone up before... I can't finish that sentence. Sorry.

Unfortunately we may never know the exact WHAT or WHY this happened?
MN may never spill the beans as I believe the old tired worn out mental defense will come into play here.

I firmly believe we are making reasoned assumptions with the information we have and with our experience in following cases.

Heartbreaking. :tears:
Right along with the Groene case, Jessica Lunsford, Robert, Sandra, Kyron and Zahra I am sickened to the core.
Although I have followed cases for years these have impacted me the most.

JMHO

Hi all, been reading these threads and my heart breaks once again for the senseless killing of a child.

Very confusing case, but I am going to jump in with a theory. I am thinking MN may prefer women over men, just a feeling I get. Maybe MN had or wanted a relationship with the roomate, and was jealous over mom moving in with her, thought there was something going on between them? Listening to news reports this morning, it says when mom received the phone call threats were made against her son. JF had asked for the room mates number. Maybe MN did all this in a jealous rage, she thought mom was taking her woman from her.

What ever the truth is, I too think there is much more to come out.

I'm sorry, but IMO...as everyone's been saying about the SD(whose initials are DD)...."the SD doth protest too much, me thinks".
He's just waaay over the top with his interviews and the bizarre (to me) things coming out of his mouth have me dumb founded.
Somethings REAL wrong about this.
I have this feeling that the SD was still seething about mom and son moving out due to the slap he gave her son. Somehow, I'm thinking he went back to the house JF and mom were staying at....he knew JF would be there supposedly "alone"....and was gonna "finish" what he started.
Maybe Mona walked in on him and was the "raspy" voice calling JF's mom at work....and the SD hung up the phone....don't know how things progressed from THERE, but I can't help but think the SD is involved in a "violent" way, of sorts.
JMO....God forgive me if I'm wrong for bringing SD into this mess.

If this is true, his hands were tied, then the possibility that he was alive at Mona's house is in play.
I mean, is it typical to tie someone up before... I can't finish that sentence. Sorry.

True, but the twine would have disappeared based on what happened to Jonathan. Remember, they couldn't determine the gender or ID.

I think his mother loved him. I think she made the best decisions for him she could given her own circumstances and situations throughout his life. She sent him to live with Renee and husband.. She allowed him to live with his grandma and from the sounds of it.. she wasn't the one who was pushing for him to come live with her last month. That was Jonathan. But she knew he wanted to, so she consented. Step dad slapped him, again she made the decision a lot of parents sadly struggle with, she just left SD and moved her and jonathan away. (although it was just a few houses down), She removed him from the environment.
We see soo many mother and fathers who have never lost custody of their kids or given it up voluntarily, continue to subject their children to abuse from their partners or step parents and not take the steps necessary to move out. This mom DID takes those steps. Do you think she would have done that 10 years ago or 5 years ago? I think she changed. I agree she was scared and was in CYA mode, but i don't think this mother has lived an easy life and when scared, we got fight or flight and i think she just reverted back to what she knows. She was said to be a pathological liar by family or friends.. she felt cornered and she just blurted out whatever came to mind. I dunno I'm rambling.. but i have a lot of sympathy for her at this point. I shed tears for Jonathan last night and this morning i shed tears for a mom who tried to give her boy his birthday wish and tried to be the mom her boy thought she could be to him.
That's all

I agree with all that you said. She did have the foresight to get him out of that home when SD hit him and that should be recognized. I wonder if in all of this mess she relapsed on drugs? I applaud anyone that can get clean and sober and it must be hell to stay that way at times. I think she panicked and that is why she said that about the babysitter. Maybe she was afraid she would lose Jonathan, IDK but I DON'T think she is involved. I actually feel bad for her, she must be racked with guilt.

Can I just make a PSA right now?

In addition to NOT dating, living with, sleeping with, or associating with shady, violent, criminal, or drug-addled people IF YOU HAVE KIDS, AND doing background checks on anyone in your life if you have kids, please, for the love of G-d, keep this in mind:

If you are a drug user/addict, and have kids, and have given your children to your family to care for them while you get sober, REMEMBER that even when sober, YOU ARE ALWAYS an addict. The potential for relapse is always there. Addicts with kids, and family members of addicts who take over custody for their kids, PLEASE REMEMBER THIS before allowing the children to live with the addict again. PLEASE.

I'm gonna say this and then duck.... but I'm not 100% convinced that Jonathan's mom actually moved out of the apartment she shared with the stepdad.

Im going to be in the minority here Im sure. Im gonna hold off on judgment of DD until we have more facts. I truely understand where all the statements about him are comming from. I just dont think a bad vocabulary, off the cuff crude statements, and suspected drug activity make him guilty of being a part of harming JF.

So for the time being Im seeing him as a grieving person who is acting out in anger. Which In this situation seems perfectly normal to me. I didnt know JF at all and im mad as he77. JMO

http://www.click2houston.com/video/26318956/index.html

This video of the stepdad is not sitting well with me, he claims he does not know Mona. Just saw her around a few times. He says Jonathan was "his" baby and he treated him as his very own. He just bought bikes for the 2 of them for Christmas. He wants vengeance for his boy. The Police drilled him like he was in "vietnam"

His facial expressions don't match his words. He almost looks like he's trying not to laugh IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong