TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #23

Status
Not open for further replies.
You bring up an excellent point.. Did you happen to read the article in "Ticklethewire.com" Re:Holly? it's the Feds online website that often have articles by extremely experienced and knowledgable Federal agents on cases such as Holly's and they went into detail about how it was imperative that investigators not only use the community in searches but in other ways such as what you are speaking..What was Holly doing in those days and weeks leading up to her abduction..

He said use the community and ask the entire community to go back to the last 30 days of their life and write down your timeline..write down anywhere you saw Holly at, crossed paths with her, or were with her..Have everyone do this who had any interaction with her in the last 30 days if even just in passing..It will put Holly at certain and specific places..certain and specific times..around certain and specific people..

He said this was key to solving Holly's case and that it must be done ASAP..He said any of the network leads would most likely play themselves out very quickly and this task involving the entire community is what should be done..Again stating it was key to finding Holly..

Lotsa good info and a great article..Am off to find the link now for any interested that may not have yet read it..

BRB..

Here's the link definitely worth a read IMO..
http://www.ticklethewire.com/2011/04...ursing-student

-----------------------
Is this the article to which you refer?

http://divorceinsandouts.info/colum...n-hunt-for-nursing-student-ticklethewire-com/

Wow, we must be pretty smart here at Websleuths. Most of that article is a pretty much a compilation of things we were posting about. It almost appears that we nailed some things before the article was written.

Here's just one example:
My post
4/17/11 - #235, Thread 4

Then when he gets to the car, he's got her hidden and he's also got a trailer for the ATV. I'm sure it's a regular sight around there.

I think it was 21 days or so before they released the identity of Stephanie Higgins who's body was pulled from the river on Feb. 18th of this year. Hers was an apparent suicide but she had been missing since December 10, 2010. Gosh.. I hope they don't take that long on this last body found on May 7th.

Please Lord....let them find Holly. This is heartbreaking!

Oops...my bad...it was more like 14 days.

Why wasn't the lunch box, "significant find",etc. found near the car? This has always bothered me. I don't follow a lot of cases like some of you do, but I just can't see her holding on to her lunch if she is "in fear of her life" at the time.

Why were the things found all over the place? Were they thrown out of a car during the abduction or did someone place them there after the fact? Some have said that it was to throw LE off their track but wouldn't it be better to
not leave a "track" at all and just bury or burn the stuff? Are they taunting LE? It seems that one would almost have to have a LE background to take these kinds of risks. But then again we're not dealing with normally functioning minds to begin with.

When just now reading your post I thought there must be a mistake in what you were saying.. I had a chance earlier today to just pop-in here for a brief moment and my entire reason was to see if the body had been Identified{as I've had just a gnawing feeling about this body found}..I read thru the last page of posts and saw it posted that the body had been positively identified and even gave the woman's name and age..I haven't given it another thought until just now when reading your above post..

And sure enough now in going back to Thread #22 where I read the post identifying the woman by name and age and you are indeed 100% correct that there has not been news of ID on Cumberland River body out of Nashville.. Someone had corrected the poster who had mistakenly confused another case and another body with the female found on Riverfront in Nashville by the dive team..

OMG!! I guess I have not been relieved of the thoughts of it possibly being Holly..Where did the info come about the female being a younger female[another post in this thread stated this info]..anyone know where or who released that info? That makes it even more worrisome if infact accurate..

Thanks for the info tho..Am sad though that it has not yet been resolved yet that it is not Holly..Will have to wait and pray..
That post was I'n error the person who posted that was reading Annika article as many bodies are found I'n cumerland

Still not update or Id I'n recent body

I think it was 21 days or so before they released the identity of Stephanie Higgins who's body was pulled from the river on Feb. 18th of this year. Hers was an apparent suicide but she had been missing since December 10, 2010. Gosh.. I hope they don't take that long on this last body found on May 7th.

Please Lord....let them find Holly. This is heartbreaking!

Oops...my bad...it was more like 14 days.

I would think that if it was either Holly or Shelley Mook that it would take a while to get everything set up to make a formal announcement because of the size of the case. And, I agree...it's heartbreaking.

Why wasn't the lunch box, "significant find",etc. found near the car? This has always bothered me. I don't follow a lot of cases like some of you do, but I just can't see her holding on to her lunch if she is "in fear of her life" at the time.

Why were the things found all over the place? Were they thrown out of a car during the abduction or did someone place them there after the fact? Some have said that it was to throw LE off their track but wouldn't it be better to
not leave a "track" at all and just bury or burn the stuff? Are they taunting LE? It seems that one would almost have to have a LE background to take these kinds of risks. But then again we're not dealing with normally functioning minds to begin with.

Its not really a box but rather a bag with a handle. It may have been looped on her arm. Or the suspect scooped it up when/if she dropped it. Or perhaps it was in a larger back pack. No one has said exactly what Holly had that morning.

Aside from the lunch bag we dont know exactly what else was found and where. Or if other items found are related or not. The bag is said to have been found by the side of the road and appeared as if it were tossed from a car.

Myself I do not believe things were intentionally tossed around to throw LE off. Thats pure hollywood IMHO. I do think probably some things got tossed as the suspect made his get away. That is common enough. No one has said if anything was found not alongside a road leading away from Hollys house.

Actually people that commit crimes like this are not crazy. They can show a lot of organizational skills, planning, etc.

I would think that if it was either Holly or Shelley Mook that it would take a while to get everything set up to make a formal announcement because of the size of the case. And, I agree...it's heartbreaking.

I don't see why; I think it would be quicker if either of them were found, as I am sure they have identification tools ready. With Phylicia Barnes, the ID was very quick, once we heard that bodies were found; rumors came that same night, confirmation the next day, I believe.

I agree but I'm not holding my breath considering there are bodies found in the Cumberland river rather frequently (boaters, swimmers, those who take their own life). The sheer confusion when google searching the topic, and trying to find the correct story, is a testament to that. I'm still keeping all options open.

I don't see why; I think it would be quicker if either of them were found, as I am sure they have identification tools ready. With Phylicia Barnes, the ID was very quick, once we heard that bodies were found; rumors came that same night, confirmation the next day, I believe.

It doesnt take any more or less time to announce one body or another. I would think delays would come from difficulty in identifying a body. And its not like this body is a secret. The fact that it was found was already announced, so I do not see any reason to delay releasing the name when it is identified. DNA samples are great if you know who you are testing for. If its not Holly or Shelly they may be out of luck. Dental records are good if the person has them or, again, if you know who you are looking for. If its a body from upriver it may be from many many miles or hundreds of miles away. It could be someone not reported missing either. There is also the possibility that evidence taken from the body is being examained and any formal statements will come out after that work is done. IE examinging tape, etc.

I just want to make a point about abductions. In 2003 I was part of a volunteer on-line discussion group about the disappearance of Dru Sjodin. We were in contact with the volunteer searchers in the field. During that time myself and others suggested that a specialized force be established to immediately respond to abductions, whether it be a child or adult. Some of our conversation centered around the latest technologies. Yes, they were using cell tower pings back then. I proposed the name "tool kit" or "tool box" to describe what I thought could be the refined set of strategies/equipment used in the future to find missing persons. I did some research on "breakthrough" technologies in Forensics. To my amazement one of the tools being used is a "Brain Fingerprint." Hardly anyone had heard about it yet.

In the Dru Sjodin abduction, LE knew about Rodriguez, the Level 3 sex offender released to the community, and they were tracking his movements. During this time, I was thinking that Dru could have been in Rodriguez's comfort zone, and that would be his childhood home area. This area wasn't open to the volunteers searching. However, the following Spring, Dru's body was found by, I believe, an ex-LE P.I. who got permission to search on Rodriguez' home turf, that is, when he was child. Dru's body was found in that area the following Spring by this P.I.

I guess, what I am, is confused. Hasn't the system improved for finding Missing Persons since 2003? I know since then an FBI Task Force was established, but why does it seem that no progress has been made in this area?

http://crime.about.com/od/news/a/dru_sjodin.htm

An attractive 22-year-old University of North Dakota student Dru Sjodin left her job at the Columbia Mall in Grand Forks, North Dakota at 4 p.m. Nov. 22, 2003 and was never seen alive again

This websleuths community is not for the weak!

Praying Holly and others are brought home to their loving families. Bless you all who stay with the cases following through diligently. This is heartbreaking but I am feeling nauseated, furious, and drained. Shaking mad and in disbelief that our society is such a terrifying place for the precious. One after another they are taken from their loved ones... senseless, cruel, evil.
I'll take a little break and love my kids a little more. When it seems like there is nothing I can contribute my time is better spent holding them up.

Praying for you Holly, Hailey, Kyron

wow... I cannot believe there aren't any updates...

prayers for Holly

One thing I do not understand with this case, in particular; LE has asked people to consider odd behavior of people they know, car washing, etc...but never asked for anyone who had seen Holly in the day or two leading up to the 13th to contact them. In most missing persons cases, LE would want to interview people who had seen her or had contact with her, in case someone had noticed anything unusual as far as an unknown vehicle that followed her, a person who left when she left, etc...even if they do have a suspect, (of which I am doubtful at the moment) they would require witnesses to any events that might have led up to the abduction and memories do not improve with time.

What is the big deal about where Holly was on Tuesday, for instance? Or whenever she last left the house? How could making that information known, or at least asking for it without making it known, compromise the investigation?

Your point is most interesting! It's so spot-on that it bears repeating (hence my quoting it)...
There is something strange about this case and LE's approach that I don't understand...

Maybe I'm wrong, but it must be a very complicated and time-consuming task to coordinate all the various agencies, private parties, etc. on an investigation.

I have a question. And no, I'm not going to do it, but, let's say a citizen decides to conduct his/her own search.

Would that person be arrested?

I know if it was one of my children, I wouldn't let anything stop me from searching. I think an example of this would be someone like Beth Twitty, or the parents/grandparents of Joshua Guimond.

Maybe I'm wrong, but it must be a very complicated and time-consuming task to coordinate all the various agencies, private parties, etc. on an investigation.

I have a question. And no, I'm not going to do it, but, let's say a citizen decides to conduct his/her own search.

Would that person be arrested?

Not as long as they did not trespass on private property. There was talk about some private searches last weekend or the weekend before. Anyone can go search, or just walk in the woods, as long as they are not trespassing. In fact, this is how missing people are usually found.

i cant think of any reason why this isnt ok to ask, so hopefully it is...

is there any chance the TBI would respond to the following two questions, lets say if someone like will nunley were to ask them?

1 - could they expand at all on the reason they have chosen to release so little information? nothing specific, nothing that interferes with the case, but just maybe a confirmation that it is due to some specific factors in this case, and not just a general strategy.

2 - could they issue a press release that contains all current information that they are able to confirm and release about the case? possibly mention all the speculation about certain individuals, float the idea that putting this story back on page one even if it isnt with any new information might help to shake something loose from the public, or even just mention that it has been some time since there has been any news.

i dont know anything about how news reporters interact with LE officials, would those questions just be ignored? they seem like really rational, possibly helpful questions to me.

but i really have no idea what im talking about, so you have to consider that i guess... ;)

BBM

Interesting - at first I had this thought
Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - TN TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #16
but as time has gone by, I would have thought more stuff would have been found if this was in fact an effort to make LE look foolish..

i cant think of any reason why this isnt ok to ask, so hopefully it is...

is there any chance the TBI would respond to the following two questions, lets say if someone like will nunley were to ask them?

1 - could they expand at all on the reason they have chosen to release so little information? nothing specific, nothing that interferes with the case, but just maybe a confirmation that it is due to some specific factors in this case, and not just a general strategy.

2 - could they issue a press release that contains all current information that they are able to confirm and release about the case? possibly mention all the speculation about certain individuals, float the idea that putting this story back on page one even if it isnt with any new information might help to shake something loose from the public, or even just mention that it has been some time since there has been any news.

i dont know anything about how news reporters interact with LE officials, would those questions just be ignored? they seem like really rational, possibly helpful questions to me.

but i really have no idea what im talking about, so you have to consider that i guess... ;)

You hit upon another strange aspect of this case - no media pressure upon LE to hold news conferences, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ignoreme123