2011.06.17 Sidebar Thread (Trial Day Twenty-One)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know I am usually against knocking Casey for her supposed "flirting" or how she dresses, etc.

BUT:

Do you think she's found a new love interest? Going in for the kill? Is he her Knight in shining armour?

Attachments

• Interest.JPG
    Interest.JPG
    31.6 KB · Views: 49
My exact thoughts!!!!!!!!!!! I just told this same thing to my dtr this morning....11-1 because of Juror #4 Hung Jury This is my gut feeling!

I am not worried about Juror #4. I think she is taking as much notes as she can for each side so she can properly, in her mind, make a decision. We already know this is going to be hard for her, but I don't think we should rush to judgment just yet on her. She has seen those jailhouse tapes and watches Casey in court everyday. I just don't think she is blinded by the defense. Good Lord, NO ONE is blinded by the defense. And Casey is not OJ, not a celebrity who can do no wrong. I have faith that Juror #4 will look all of her information and decide the right thing. She'd have to be a living cadaver to believe anything from the defense so far (and I know they may have some small points, but they continually shoot themselves in the foot so much that those small points are continuously lost).

And besides, if the news is saying it, they are only doing that to get attention. That's what the news does.

Yup. I have been asking the same things. Doesn't make sense.

Can someone please help me to understand something......

Baez in opening statements said that George had nothing to do with Caylee's death, only hiding her body. This was a terrible accident and not a death penalty case.

Why are they attacking a dead body in the car? What really is the point of doing that? Are they going to attempt to put George in possession of the car during the time that Casey was driving Tony's jeep? If so, then why are they disputing a dead body in the damn car? Wouldn't placing George in the car with a dead body strengthen the theory they told during opening statements, or have they completely forgotten what they told the jury about what happened here?

I just don't see how attacking the car is getting them anywhere. If the jury believes the testimony that there was a dead body in the car, and the defense cannot place George in possession of the car, what then?

This cannot be considered reasonable doubt, this has all to do with lack of common sense.:waitasec: Maybe I need a break..:banghead:

Why do I see a male body part several times in that picture?

IMO

RespectfullyQuoted jon burrows :wave:

Because you nasty. :floorlaugh:

:eek:hwow: No, really the minute you said it I saw what you were talking about...I am saying that about myself. Hope the joke lands... :innocent:

Also, that the trunk could have been opened and aired any number of times. There is no evidence that the trunk was sealed until LE seized it. Cleaning, opening????
Casey pretty much said she cleaned the trunk when she told Amy she got rid of the smell.

I have a lunchtime appointment, but I made you guys some comic relief after this maggot filled morning. Hope some fun is okay in sidebar - if not mods will delete and I will come back and find myself in timeout!

sidebarcontest.jpg

Looks like the shirt and the pad were tossed in the dryer together and left overnight. I guess the DT legal aid is tired of doing ICA's laundry and they should consider the "Courthouse Closet".

Ohhh wow, just had a thought - Has Baez opened the door to get the trunk stain with the imprint of the child's body in?

....and if JA fighting was just a decoy move to get JB to keep pressing the issue. That would be great.

To get the stain on the trunk carpet (in the shape of toddlers body) ICA must have left Caylee in the trunk for at least the first/second day unbagged - I'm guessing it was the trip home on 18 June where she bagged Caylee up like trash and then she left her in the trunk a day or so more then dumped her. Some decomp fluid spill on that carpet to make the stain, the smell and the imprint.

If I was Jeff and there was some way he could do it I would just take the can with the carpet and say here you go Dr Huntington, take a look at the stain what do you think?

But sadly, the jury didn't even get to see that imprint of a toddlers body.....:banghead::banghead:

IMO, Baez is trying to set up GA as the one who cleaned the trunk, pointing to GA as being involved in Caylee's death.

IDK, I think the state has a clear timeline on George being at the towyard, and when he actually went to work that day. Cindy was the one who had the most time and access to the car after she left work that day.

My exact thoughts!!!!!!!!!!! I just told this same thing to my dtr this morning....11-1 because of Juror #4 Hung Jury This is my gut feeling!

I don't see her as a problem. She said she could listen to the evidence and render an opinion. I don't see her as a liar and changing at the last minute to I can't judge.

Talking heads don't think Dr. Huntington's testimony was a total loss especially at the end when he stressed that there should have been a lot of flies, not just one.

I found the answer to my own question in the trial thread of when LKB joined the defense (thanks to anyone who may have answered over there - I just could not go through all the posts again).

Filed Notice of Appearance on 12/12/08.

Vulture anyone?

One whole day after she contacted the defense entemologist.

Wonder how much earlier she was actually sitting by waiting for LE to recover the body? Did she have advance notice that she would be "needed" to refute "junk science"? No "junk science" without a body.

Then, only filed notice once she was officially "needed"?

Good morning!

Those waffles put my cup of yogurt to shame... drooling over here.

I'll be at work this morning, but should be back home in time to tune in for afternoon session. I'm afraid that after yesterday, I may log in later to find everyone napping, or perhaps some suit-and-tie-clad emu's replacing the DT (whoever came up with the emu reference, my snarky side thanks you!).

Have a wonderful Friday, and keep the coffee brewing :)

Steely Dan is in charge of our emu farm. :)

IDK, I think the state has a clear timeline on George being at the towyard, and when he actually went to work that day. Cindy was the one who had the most time and access to the car after she left work that day.
Agreed, but IMO, Baez isn't the sharpest lawyer - I think he'll clutch at anything.

I know I am usually against knocking Casey for her supposed "flirting" or how she dresses, etc.

BUT:

Do you think she's found a new love interest? Going in for the kill? Is he her Knight in shining armour?

I don't know. Although if she loved sponge bob square pants as much as caylee did, perhaps she would find him attractive.

Talking heads don't think Dr. Huntington's testimony was a total loss especially at the end when he stressed that there should have been a lot of flies, not just one.

I don't understand their thinking! George opened the trunk at the towyard, flies came out- then the trunk was left opened for a while at the Anthony home in attempts to air it out..:waitasec:

Ok...here's a little info about ME. I'm not really a drinker. I drink a glass of wine or two on social occasions....I do have an extensive liquor cabinet, because I buy it on cruises because it is cheap, and I like the pretty bottles!

But this week, I have been CRAVING that Patron Tequila I have up in that cabinet...as well as the Absolute Peach, Absolute Lemon, Crown Royal, Kaluhua, Baileys, Malibu Rum and Bacardis.

In fact, I have been having dreams of popping the top on just about each and every one of those pretty bottles......

I'm not a drinker either...have pepsi or coffee...however, that said I am looking forward to my plane ride to GA tomorrow to be with sister----she has a wine thingy along with other things...........I am also relishing the idea of going on road trip from Ga to OK --- sitting in car for whatever amount of time seems kinda rewarding....after these few days.....:fence:

Defense is trying to discredit the pros. theory. That is what this testimony is all about. It happens in most trials. That is why the state gets to rebuttal so they can disprove the defense theory.

I don't know Themis. This gal may indeed vote guilty, but hold out on which charge to vote for. She may be insistent that ICA not receive the DP.

That's my feeling, also....she'll be against the DP but not a guilty verdict. The other jurors will have to compromise if they don't want a mistrial. And we don't want THAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member