GUILTY GA - Lauren Giddings, 27, Macon, 26 June 2011 #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
If there's a homeless camp nearby, then it probably is a homeless person like the last time. It's so sad that someone can die in that situation and no one even knows or cares that they're deceased. :(

If there's a homeless camp nearby, then it probably is a homeless person like the last time. It's so sad that someone can die in that situation and no one even knows or cares that they're deceased. :(

bessie, I haven't heard any news since December on the missing middle Georgia man discussed in this thread:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=158292&highlight=Troy+Burnett

I can't help but wonder if this might be him... . I believe he was thought to be traveling, on foot, when last seen.

So far, there's nothing to rule out Lauren. I know the chances are slim, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed for the Giddings family.

FWIW, this article states "a rib".

http://www.therepublic.com/view/sto...9897ec40474d/GA--Skeletal-Remains-Discovered/A different description here:
http://www.newscentralga.com/news/local/Skeletal-Remains-Found-In-East-Macon-141479433.html

the quote looks to say "as well as rib and leg bones", remove "and Leg" and the quote would read "as well as rib bones", more than one. Well, I dont' know what kind of condition the torso was in but I would think removing ribs was pointless................that's just mo, I was thinking more on the lines of dismemberment to make the task easier in ridding or moving the body, not as a whole. Removing ribs seems unusual in mo and keeping torso mostly in tact. I would NOT know why or why not, however.

the quote looks to say "as well as rib and leg bones", remove "and Leg" and the quote would read "as well as rib bones", more than one. Well, I dont' know what kind of condition the torso was in but I would think removing ribs was pointless................that's just mo, I was thinking more on the lines of dismemberment to make the task easier in ridding or moving the body, not as a whole. Removing ribs seems unusual in mo and keeping torso mostly in tact. I would NOT know why or why not, however.

WARNING -- graphic --sorry!! I guess we don't know (from anything released to the public) at which point the lower portion of the torso was severed, tomkat. I know I have heard speculation that it was done in such a manner as to detach areas that might have held evidence of sexual assault (this is only speculation, as far as I know, though of course the authorities and probably others do know the particulars). And even then, a cut would have to be very high up to include a rib (or rather, ribs) wouldn't it...? Although -- just for "making the task easier", as you said -- I guess there would be a point just under the ribs where the only bone the perp would have to cut through would be the spine... but still, it wouldn't seem likely to include ribs ...?

Tried hard to make this as non-graphic as possible, but it is just impossible not to be somewhat graphic, it seems, to discuss it at all. So I went back to the first of my post and appended the warning.

I hope we will hear something about the analysis of these remains very soon -- so that we can know if this is Lauren and/or so that maybe some other person can be identified and laid to rest more appropriately. I'm sure local media is keeping a close eye for any developments on this.

Rest in peace, Lauren, and anyone else whose remains these may be, and may God comfort any families/loved ones waiting for news...

WARNING -- graphic --sorry!! I guess we don't know (from anything released to the public) at which point the lower portion of the torso was severed, tomkat. I know I have heard speculation that it was done in such a manner as to detach areas that might have held evidence of sexual assault (this is only speculation, as far as I know, though of course the authorities and probably others do know the particulars). And even then, a cut would have to be very high up to include a rib (or rather, ribs) wouldn't it...? Although -- just for "making the task easier", as you said -- I guess there would be a point just under the ribs where the only bone the perp would have to cut through would be the spine... but still, it wouldn't seem likely to include ribs ...?

Tried hard to make this as non-graphic as possible, but it is just impossible not to be somewhat graphic, it seems, to discuss it at all. So I went back to the first of my post and appended the warning.

I hope we will hear something about the analysis of these remains very soon -- so that we can know if this is Lauren and/or so that maybe some other person can be identified and laid to rest more appropriately. I'm sure local media is keeping a close eye for any developments on this.

Rest in peace, Lauren, and anyone else whose remains these may be, and may God comfort any families/loved ones waiting for news...

As I was driving yesterday, past that Walmart where remains were discovered this past week, I was thinking..............IS ANYONE LOOKING FOR THE REMAINS. I remember that LE did NOT want Giddings family to search SMcD grandfathers land and did not want the family to. Has that been resolved as to WHY no search can occur there or if there will be?? Also, has there been ANY OTHER Searches?? Or is it that LE hopes that someone will stumble across her remains??! I mean really, what's the likelihood of that? It took 20 years from someone to find that young girls remains in Fort Valley just recently ! I 'm still curious about that place down off MLK near the paper mill plant and the river that I mentioned earlier. Is LE taking clues from this site and others? If she's in the river, it could be a year or 20 before a bag pops up from the depths and no telling where it could go downstream too. Just frustrating, it seems LE wont' do any more and wont' allow the family to. I'm sure there are reasons........??

I was in Macon Saturday visiting my parents. My sister & I drove by the apartment complex just to see where it was. I was quite frankly surprised by A. How small it is and B. How close to the street and the college it is. I really really hope they have more evidence that we have been told to put this guy away. Haven't seen any news lately.

I was in Macon Saturday visiting my parents. My sister & I drove by the apartment complex just to see where it was. I was quite frankly surprised by A. How small it is and B. How close to the street and the college it is. I really really hope they have more evidence that we have been told to put this guy away. Haven't seen any news lately.

bbm: Yes, it has been very, very quiet on the news front lately ...but finally, a little news posted at macon.com:

Source: All forensics testing in Giddings case now complete

Though the death penalty case against alleged dismemberment killer Stephen McDaniel has been in a legal holding pattern, in part because of a judge’s heart surgery, behind-the-scenes developments in recent weeks show progress. ...
read more at: http://www.macon.com/2012/03/13/1944510/source-all-forensics-testing-in.html

ETA: OK, now this is very strange!! There was a story there -- I did not even read the whole thing before posting here about it, grrrr!, and now it appears to be gone...? Can anyone else access it?? For me, the title (of a story showing as posted today) is still showing up in a search at macon.com on "Giddings", but when you click on, it says file not found...looks like maybe they yanked the story?

Backwoods, you're an angel! I've been sitting here reading over the thread and feeling so discouraged that the case has reached a standstill, and hoping one of you locals would alert us to some news. And here you are...:cupcake:

I'm sure there will be a new link soon.

Backwoods, you're an angel! I've been sitting here reading over the thread and feeling so discouraged that the case has reached a standstill, and hoping one of you locals would alert us to some news. And here you are...:cupcake:

I'm sure there will be a new link soon.

Grrr, so frustrating though, bessie, to have it disappear!! I could kick myself for not at least reading it through while it was there!! :maddening:

Makes me very curious -- it was another of those "source said" stories, apparently, could that be the problem...? Or maybe bigger news is about to break ... or ... or ... oh, I don't know!! Just hope you are right, that we will have another link soon.

Thanks for the cupcake...

ETA: Story not even showing up in search on macon.com now...

Aw, BW, I'm sorry that happened, but what a trooper you are! Alerting us before you've even finished reading. Maybe they're just updating the story and it will be back online later. :crossfingers:

Here it is...

In a prosecution that could lean heavily on dozens of potential pieces of evidence that Macon police collected last summer and sent to FBI and GBI labs, all forensic testing and analysis is now complete, a source familiar with the investigation told The Telegraph on Tuesday.

No evidence has made a connection between Giddings’ severed limbs and the skeletal remains found last week -- a skull, ribs and leg bones -- behind a Gray Highway shopping center.

March 13, 2012

Source: All Forensic Testing in Giddings Case Now Complete

By AMY LEIGH WOMACK and JOE KOVAC JR. - Telegraph staff

In a prosecution that could lean heavily on dozens of potential pieces of evidence that Macon police collected last summer and sent to FBI and GBI labs, all forensic testing and analysis is now complete, a source familiar with the investigation told The Telegraph on Tuesday.

Aw, BW, I'm sorry that happened, but what a trooper you are! Alerting us before you've even finished reading. Maybe they're just updating the story and it will be back online later. :crossfingers:

bbm: Don't worry, I learned my lesson, and won't be quite so self-sacrificing next time! (LOL -- to be honest, I probably should say: I learned my lesson and won't get in such an all-fired hurry to "be first" posting it next time!! Trying to get those cupcakes, you know!)

Thanks, bessie!

(Maybe it was just a simple update ...but usually, when they update, they don't completely pull the first version, it seems... I still sure wish I had read that one, wondering if anything is missing now! Apparently that first version had been up for several hours, so I guess at least some folks out there read it.)

Not a whole lot of news, but some -- and that is better than what we've been getting lately, huh?

Yep, and it does answer our question about whether or not all the forensics were in, IF the source is accurate. That's big news, in a way, for those who assumed LE didn't have any evidence against McD. It still doesn't tell us what LE has, if anything, but at least now we know they were awaiting results.

The statement about the remains is interesting. I don't want to read too much into it, but it suggests the possibility that the remains could be Lauren's. In other words, the type of bones found do not eliminate LG as a match. Then again, it's probably the reporters looking for a story. I just hope her family has not been left to wonder.

Yep, and it does answer our question about whether or not all the forensics were in, IF the source is accurate. That's big news, in a way, for those who assumed LE didn't have any evidence against McD. It still doesn't tell us what LE has, if anything, but at least now we know they were awaiting results.

The statement about the remains is interesting. I don't want to read too much into it, but it suggests the possibility that the remains could be Lauren's. In other words, the type of bones found do not eliminate LG as a match. Then again, it's probably the reporters looking for a story. I just hope her family has not been left to wonder.

bbm: Yes, it is interesting -- it does still seem to leave possibilities open. Now whether "the authorities" just would not say anything further or just don't know yet about the identity...you're right, we can't really know yet. I'm with you, though -- hope neither the Giddings family nor any other family is having to still wonder, if LE already knows the identity of those remains.

As I was driving yesterday, past that Walmart where remains were discovered this past week, I was thinking..............IS ANYONE LOOKING FOR THE REMAINS. I remember that LE did NOT want Giddings family to search SMcD grandfathers land and did not want the family to. Has that been resolved as to WHY no search can occur there or if there will be?? Also, has there been ANY OTHER Searches?? Or is it that LE hopes that someone will stumble across her remains??! I mean really, what's the likelihood of that? It took 20 years from someone to find that young girls remains in Fort Valley just recently ! I 'm still curious about that place down off MLK near the paper mill plant and the river that I mentioned earlier. Is LE taking clues from this site and others? If she's in the river, it could be a year or 20 before a bag pops up from the depths and no telling where it could go downstream too. Just frustrating, it seems LE wont' do any more and wont' allow the family to. I'm sure there are reasons........??

tomkat, I sure haven't heard another word about that possible search since that one flurry of discussion in the media. I guess any number of things could be going on with that ... or nothing. I guess it's even possible that there could have been a low-key search that was not publicized...?

With Ima Jean Sanders, the teenager you mention whose remains were found in Peach Co.: To be clear, the remains were found within a year or so of her disappearance, I believe. In her case, the hitch (or one of the hitches) seems to have been that no missing persons report got linked to the discovery of the remains at the time (it's not really clear, from recent reports, why).

My source that is close to the investigation says it is unlikely the Gray Highway remains are those of LG . Not sure if that is just a hunch or any inside knowledge but take it FWIW. Would be nice if Macon Telegraph followed up to get it ruled out.Doesn't seem like it would be that hard to do .

http://www.macon.com/2012/03/15/1947380/mcdaniel-attorneys-file-motion.html This is incredible !! A procedural snafu will allow our Boy Wonder to get bond. Now , I think the judge can still deny bond , but still, this is not going to make Greg Winters and his office look good. And, I believe this is the tip of the iceberg of how badly the prosecution has bungled this thing. Will all be revealed in due time . Aye Yaye Yaye ! :jail:

I think the 30 counts of child sexual exploitation alone will be enough to keep SM in jail. I can imagine the public outcry in Macon if he is allowed out with 30 of these charges hanging over his head. He would have to stay in Macon, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam