GUILTY GA - Rusty Sneiderman shot to death at Dunwoody preschool, 18 Nov 2010 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dunwoody day-care murder trial | Defendant's wife moves on: ‘I delete this part of my life'

http://www.ajc.com/news/dekalb/dunwoody-day-care-murder-1385876.html

Ariela said she doesn't buy his claim of insanity.

"He's not crazy, he's a faker," she said. "He did something so bad, he has to pay for it."

more at link

That article was eye-opening. HN claimed Reli was the spender, but according to Reli, it was him. He bought their home and luxury vehicle without showing them to her first!! Can you imagine making such large purchases without first consulting extensively with your spouse? It does sound like a sign of mania, but maybe not, without knowing more. Might be what he considered romantic. I feel for her.

:moo::moo:

That article was eye-opening. HN claimed Reli was the spender, but according to Reli, it was him. He bought their home and luxury vehicle without showing them to her first!! Can you imagine making such large purchases without first consulting extensively with your spouse? It does sound like a sign of mania, but maybe not, without knowing more. Might be what he considered romantic. I feel for her.

:moo::moo:

BBM You are so right Sheltiemom1!

Such strange behavior for most of us, but I think HN wanted to keep up with his friends and neighbors, and so making these purchases without someone holding him back was what he wanted. Nice house, car, expensive landscaping when you are already in debt, barely able to keep household help as his sister stated....

JMO - I don't think it was manic, as much as he just wanted to keep up his status.

BBM You are so right Sheltiemom1!

Such strange behavior for most of us, but I think HN wanted to keep up with his friends and neighbors, and so making these purchases without someone holding him back was what he wanted. Nice house, car, expensive landscaping when you are already in debt, barely able to keep household help as his sister stated....

JMO - I don't think it was manic, as much as he just wanted to keep up his status.

Ding, ding, ding! I think we have a winner, folks. He did not want to be restrained. I used to live in that neighborhood and it was very competitive in terms of how nice is your house, furnishings, clothing, cars, etc. very nosy neighbors!!! He wanted to be perceived as successful. :moo::moo:

Jury apparently has another question. No verdict yet. What on earth could be taking so long??? I'm getting a bad feeling about this. Between the jurors falling asleep during trial testimony, bringing inappropriate reading material to court, and the length of the deliberations so far, I don't feel confident in this jury. MOO

Jury apparently has another question. No verdict yet. What on earth could be taking so long??? I'm getting a bad feeling about this. Between the jurors falling asleep during trial testimony, bringing inappropriate reading material to court, and the length of the deliberations so far, I don't feel confident in this jury. MOO

Will they say what the question is?

Judge Adams in the court room. And the jury is asking for doctors reports for HN.

Ding, ding, ding! I think we have a winner, folks. He did not want to be restrained. I used to live in that neighborhood and it was very competitive in terms of how nice is your house, furnishings, clothing, cars, etc. very nosy neighbors!!! He wanted to be perceived as successful. :moo::moo:

Sheltie, which neighborhood is it? I live in East Cobb but not one of the snooty neighborhoods, I live in modest Post Oak Square! We don't even have covenants, but I sure wish we did!

Jury asked to see Defense psych reports only. DA and defense both object to the request. Judge agrees the jury won't get them. They are not in evidence, apparently, just the testimony is available. HTH

I guess they're hung on the insanity. :banghead:

Andrea's new lawyers. Joining Seth Kirschenbaum, a criminal defense attorney, are Doug Chambers, a political lawyer, formerly of McKenna Long & Aldredge, LLP, a premier Atl. firm, formerly chief lawyer for the 2008 McCain presidential campaign, and Jennifer Little, former Dekalb Senior Asst. District Attorney. They issued a statemet that they were retained as witness and victim counsel.

Mods, I got this off the Dunwoody live blog, please delete if inappropriate. :)

I guess they're hung on the insanity. :banghead:

I think they may be more hung up between guilty and GBMI. Some of the jurors probably don't care which it is b/c he goes to prison either way, judge still determines sentencing, and in reality he won't get treatment either way since all the state's experts say he is sane.

There are probably a few jurors on either side who won't budge. I do not believe any of them are truly entertaining a NG verdict.

Andrea's new lawyers. Joining Seth Kirschenbaum, a criminal defense attorney, are Doug Chambers, a political lawyer, formerly of McKenna Long & Aldredge, LLP, a premier Atl. firm, formerly chief lawyer for the 2008 McCain presidential campaign, and Jennifer Little, former Dekalb Senior Asst. District Attorney. They issued a statemet that they were retained as witness and victim counsel.

Mods, I got this off the Dunwoody live blog, please delete if inappropriate. :)

Must be a new fad. Witnesses and victims need defense counsel?

---> is this a new smiley? LOL too cute. :lurk:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member