Found Deceased SC - Brittanee Drexel, 17, Myrtle Beach, 25 April 2009 - #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I'm not using a small purse I keep my sunglasses in my pocketbook. I do hope that Britts friend can produce her own sunglasses. I have read that Britt and her friend may have purchased the same glasses at the same time. If Britt's friend's glasses are missing it could open up a whole other can of worms, especially if the glasses found end up being Britt's friends.

Good thinking outside the box lonetraveler, I had not thought about it this way. If the glasses are Britt's friends, then we have a possible suspect!

I check in here regularly but don't post often. I so wish and pray that Brit is found and brought home. You all do a great job keeping Brits case updated.

When I'm not using a small purse I keep my sunglasses in my pocketbook. I do hope that Britts friend can produce her own sunglasses. I have read that Britt and her friend may have purchased the same glasses at the same time. If Britt's friend's glasses are missing it could open up a whole other can of worms, especially if the glasses found end up being Britt's friends.
If there is female DNA on the glasses that doesn't match Brittanee it opens up another can of worms...how to get DNA samples from the friends. Probably hard to request DNA samples from people based on the fact that a random pair of glasses found had female DNA on them. The glasses would likely have to have both Brittanee's DNA together with an unknown person's DNA for LE to have any chance of procuring DNA samples from the friends unless they could follow them around and get samples from the trash or something like that.

If there is female DNA on the glasses that doesn't match Brittanee it opens up another can of worms...how to get DNA samples from the friends. Probably hard to request DNA samples from people based on the fact that a random pair of glasses found had female DNA on them. The glasses would likely have to have both Brittanee's DNA together with an unknown person's DNA for LE to have any chance of procuring DNA samples from the friends unless they could follow them around and get samples from the trash or something like that.

Sticking to the worm theme, a whole new can of them could be opened up if they do find female DNA on them (which they probably will.. there are someone's) and the friends decline providing their DNA, yes?

Was hoping some news about the glasses would come out today seeing as the weekend has passed. It's been a week -- hopefully we'll hear something soon.

Prayers for Brittanee.

P.S. I requested a "Help Find Brittanee" t-shirt for Christmas. All donations, no matter how small, help!

Sticking to the worm theme, a whole new can of them could be opened up if they do find female DNA on them (which they probably will.. there are someone's) and the friends decline providing their DNA, yes?

Not sure about the other friends giving DNA but I am 99% sure that PB did give DNA.

10 days since the sunglasses were found. How long does it usually take to find/confirm DNA evidence? Will we hear if they end up not being Britt's? How will it be determined that DNA hasn't washed/worn away after 8 months?

I don't know if we'll ever have a conclusive answer if no DNA is found.

I wish they'd update us on something.

10 days since the sunglasses were found. How long does it usually take to find/confirm DNA evidence? Will we hear if they end up not being Britt's? How will it be determined that DNA hasn't washed/worn away after 8 months?

I don't know if we'll ever have a conclusive answer if no DNA is found.

I wish they'd update us on something.

From what ive heard the sunglasses wasnt found in river,was on banks of river,guess you really have know the area to understand this,these sunglasses was in perfect condition ,so only rain really would been on them,wasnt in river,,,usually if nothing been found of glasses(dna) news would reported by now,so my guess is something was found on them,but just my two cents on it,nothing to back it,,,

From what ive heard the sunglasses wasnt found in river,was on banks of river,guess you really have know the area to understand this,these sunglasses was in perfect condition ,so only rain really would been on them,wasnt in river,,,usually if nothing been found of glasses(dna) news would reported by now,so my guess is something was found on them,but just my two cents on it,nothing to back it,,,

Thanks for the info. Interesting to be in perfect condition. I don't know if hoping they are Brit's is a good thing but finding out what happened is better then not knowing.

with last info link above,still talking about sunglasses but no word on any type dna finding,,,so seems this story be on silence for now

Bumping for Britt. Come on, with this new lead, something good has to happen! :)

I've been following this case and websleuths from the beginning but never officially signed on to comment until now. Since the beginning I've always thought that this was a stranger abduction but I could never quite figure out what kind of stranger... drug dealer/random person?? Until the other night when a rerun of the Green River Killer came on. I dont think a serial killer is on the loose but what does make me think is the fact that he was a civil servant. Has anyone considered the fact that maybe a civil servant or member of law enforcement may have taken her?

I've been following this case and websleuths from the beginning but never officially signed on to comment until now. Since the beginning I've always thought that this was a stranger abduction but I could never quite figure out what kind of stranger... drug dealer/random person?? Until the other night when a rerun of the Green River Killer came on. I dont think a serial killer is on the loose but what does make me think is the fact that he was a civil servant. Has anyone considered the fact that maybe a civil servant or member of law enforcement may have taken her?

I have also thought about that -

I believe I posted long ago about someone that might work in the National Forest or National Park system - someone that would know that area very well (where her cell phone pinged and now the possible sunglasses find). Someone that would be able to get in and out of those 'parks' without raising suspicion - no one giving a second thought as to why that person was there - not blinking an eye at a 'Ranger'/park worker being in a very remote part of this area.

I have not been following this case as closely as others. Do we know if the Brittanee had the sunglasses with her at the time of her disappearance? Have her friends or family confirmed that she owned a pair of pink prada glasses? What did she have with her that night? Just her purse and cell phone? Sorry for all the questions. I hope someone can fill me in. TIA!

I truly hope that this is the break that LE needs in this case. Keep searching the area! Praying Brittanee is found soon!

I have not been following this case as closely as others. Do we know if the Brittanee had the sunglasses with her at the time of her disappearance? Have her friends or family confirmed that she owned a pair of pink prada glasses? What did she have with her that night? Just her purse and cell phone? Sorry for all the questions. I hope someone can fill me in. TIA!

I truly hope that this is the break that the LE need in this case. Keep searching the area! Prayer Brittanee is found soon!

The sunglasses were dark in color and there was a pic taken of her and one of the other girls wearing glasses (on the beach) that appear the same or very similar. Pink is the color of the cell phone.

I've never heard what all was supposed to be (or could have been) in her purse. But would guess it's a possibility that the sunglasses could have been in her purse or at least on her person in some fashion. Do not know where the sunglasses were purchased - in NY or MB. However with BD and the other girl having identical/similar sunglasses I'd almost bet they were purchased in MB.

BD was also supposedly carrying a pair of red flip flop sandals when she left BWR - according to PB.

The sunglasses were dark in color and there was a pic taken of her and one of the other girls wearing glasses (on the beach) that appear the same or very similar. Pink is the color of the cell phone.

I've never heard what all was supposed to be (or could have been) in her purse. But would guess it's a possibility that the sunglasses could have been in her purse or at least on her person in some fashion. Do not know where the sunglasses were purchased - in NY or MB. However with BD and the other girl having identical/similar sunglasses I'd almost bet they were purchased in MB.

BD was also supposedly carrying a pair of red flip flop sandals when she left BWR - according to PB.

Thank you!! It seems to me that her "friends" would be the ones to know for sure if the sunglasses were similar to hers or not. Also they would know if she had them with her if they were never found in the hotel room. I'm not saying that would jump out to them at first, but now with the new reports of finding these glasses in the area in which her cell phone last pinged...I would think that they would have contacted LE or her family to say...yeah Britt had a pair too and we never saw them after she disappeared! But sadly these girls/friends don't seem like friends at all!

I hope something comes of this discovery!

Merry christmas Britt 8 months but not forgotten. I hope one day we find out what happened to you.

Found this on cityofmyrtlebeach police calls site haven't seen anything else on it yet

09-127501 12/21/2009 03:09PM N 70TH AV & N OCEAN BL FOUND PROPERTY COMPL WAS AT THE BEACH ACCESS AT 79TH AND FOUND
WHAT HE BELIEVES IS HUMAN BONES HE HAS ONE BONE AND STATED THEIR
WERE OTHER PIECES STILL AT THE BEACH ACCESS MEET AT PD SERVICE DESK

Found this article on new website. The one piece of info I underlined/bolded that spoke about the sunglasses and testing. Not sure if typo or if they actually found DNA on the sunglasses.

Thursday, Dec. 31, 2009
Family creates Web site for missing teen Brittanee Drexel
The family of Brittanee Drexel, a New York teenager who disappeared while on a trip to Myrtle Beach in April, has created an official Web site.

The CUE Center for Missing Persons in Wilmington, N.C. helped the family create the site, http://www.helpfindbrittaneedrexel.com/, said Monica Caison, the founder of the center.

The goal is to have the site serve as a central location to keep all information and allow people to submit tips that would get to law enforcement and communicate with the family, she said.

There are several Web sites that have put out information that the family is not connected with so this new site is aimed at having an official public presence online, Caison said.

“Everything else has nothing to do with them and people need to know that when they are contacting these strangers online it’s not endorsed by the family and it’s not getting to the family,” she said.

A search earlier this month turned up a clue, a pair of sunglasses similar to those Drexel wore on the day of her disappearance, near Santee River shoreline in Georgetown County.

Law enforcement officials are still processing DNA evidence found on the sunglasses, Caison said.

Drexel was 17 when she was last seen leaving the Blue Water Hotel on Ocean Boulevard in Myrtle Beach.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sanayarford