What Is the Defense Strategy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hummmm. I wonder what defense will put down in their statement of facts due on Thursday????

ITA...there is no way that the two sides will be able to come to an agreement on the statement of facts. No way Jose!

ORLANDO, Fla. --"Casey Anthony's defense team has revealed evidence they may use at trial next month -- including video shot by a Local 6 News photographer.In August 2008 -- three weeks after Caylee Anthony was reported missing -- Local 6 News joined her grandfather, George, in a grocery store parking lot as he was passing out fliers.About a year and a half later, while reviewing that video, Local 6 noticed a roll of duct tape lying on a table."
snipped
http://www.clickorlando.com/news/27591815/detail.html

Has Kealing lost favor with the defense team? Is "Pippy" now the "go-to-guy?

I think RM is out. He sent a picture of KC w/Caylee in the shirt she was found in to the Globe. Not something suspects usually do. Plus RM went to PR. If KC wants to file a complaint this would have been the time to do it. I don't see that working at all.

And didn't everyone have access to that tape in the garage, Lee, GA, CA. Wonder if there were any fingerprints on the tape that was on the gas can, or absence of one person's prints who said he did not put that tape on the can.

That article makes me laugh about DT turning over the video to use in KC's defense. GA did not know Caylee had the duct tape on her face or he would have ditched the duct tape for sure, not used it to hang up posters for everyone to see. He was a cop, for heaven sakes, he would have destroyed that evidence right away, never put the body where it could be easily found, would have made sure CA never called 911 and the car would have never been towed but would have been "stolen" and found completely burned out in a swamp somewhere. jmo

:sick:)
I never really thought the DT would actually stoop this low.

Sadly I did....wouldn't be at all surprised if ca doesn't join him.....I guess the defense is whatever it takes....

They are really really reaching...But if her mom can start to remember things clearer after close to three years.....(most lose real facts the longer it goes on...---but not those A's...they are a strong bunch

Has Kealing lost favor with the defense team? Is "Pippy" now the "go-to-guy?

okay...everytime I see "pippy"--I think Pippi Longstockings.....this keeps getting me.....:innocent:

At this point (given what I have seen in the media of late/via the defense): Accuse GA of not only molesting ICA but alleging that he may have killed Caylee + GA taking the
5th in court to sway a jury. JMO.

Won't work. But we all know JB just has to have a SODDI.

about the molesting part.....she only THOUGHT her dad did.....

itn't it odd that ga was the one who drank the koolaide last and this is he reward????? He also has been the one to really show the emotion....the one that didn't believe all the lies (until koolaide)

SA released 5 depos today of TES searchers who defense said searched the area where Caylee was found. All of them claim not to have searched that area and some said they did not even get out of their car.

So what WAS Mr. PI doing when he was gathering information for defense. How could 5 people have all said basically the same thing which is we have no information and how did that get past our PI? How did it get past the defense? When someone says "I have no information" do they immediately think they are hiding something. If I were a taxpayer in Florida right now I would be ripping. What huge waste of money. Then with the 48 Hour program pointing out that the focal group was from Orlando and they could have probably picked a jury in Orlando or immediate surrounding area.

You have to wonder why JB feels confident that going to Miami would guarantee his client a fair trial given the fact that his client has falsely accused a hispanic woman for kidnapping her child. What would make him feel so confident? Possible language barrier, self-inflated ego as to how important he is to the Spanish community, what are we missing here? I know many hispanic families and they love their children, would do anything for them. So why would he think the Miami community would understand KC's actions? JMO

Sorry I have been keeping one eye on my work, and answering calls and trying to post at the same time - not making myself clear I guess.

Baez says he is going to do a lot of things - that doesn't mean he is going to do it. He can infer just about anything about the State's case and can spend a half hour doing just that. He can say the jury will hear evidence of a crime that could have been committed by anyone - that not one piece of evidence points to ICA, that the State cannot prove this was murder, etc. etc. I suppose he could also infer sexual abuse in there also - as a reason why she committed this crime, or to explain her post-crime behavior - but to me that is so out of context. To keep the abuse in context with a theory that flows - I think he would need to say it was an accident, and the abuse explains her behavior.

But if he is saying SODDI - throwing a little possible sexual abuse at the wall, since you are saying he doesn't need proof, seems to me at least to have nothing at all to do with denying evidence of a murder and pointing at someone else.

If ICA is completely innocent of this crime - what does sexual abuse have to do with anything? Which slot of her not committing a murder does it fit into? Partying afterwards and avoiding her mother and brother? Getting the suggested abuse into the guilt phase - No - the penalty phase - sure, why not!

To me a story needs to have consistency to jell - and to me this one does. She parties before she murders her child, and she parties after she kills her child. No change of behavior there.

WHat is SODDI?

No Logical, Baez has nothing. Nothing at all. But I think he will throw it out there and hope that one person on the jury "feels" for her in that maybe they know someone, anything. He does not have to prove it - he can just say it. I have seen it done and it rarely works. But what else is he going to say at this point. The evidence is beyond overwhelming. She is going to be convicted, but, imo, not before they throw George deeply under the bus - with sexual abuse.

WHat is SODDI?
No Logical, Baez has nothing. Nothing at all. But I think he will throw it out there and hope that one person on the jury "feels" for her in that maybe they know someone, anything. He does not have to prove it - he can just say it. I have seen it done and it rarely works. But what else is he going to say at this point. The evidence is beyond overwhelming. She is going to be convicted, but, imo, not before they throw George deeply under the bus - with sexual abuse.

BBM

SODDI = Some other dude did it

I'm with the idea that they will make it look like GA, CA, ICA & LA all could have done it. With no DNA at the scene that could be plausable. So instead of finding anyone who did it they will say reasonable doubt for ICA because a few people could have done it.

Hummmm. I wonder what defense will put down in their statement of facts due on Thursday????

What is the Statement of Facts document? Is that something both sides have to submit before trial?

If they do this in the guilt phase, then bingo - they are admitting ICA killed Caylee - and that's all they need for a guilty verdict. They may attempt to fly it in the penalty phase, but she will already have been found guilty.

They are not admitting she killed her, just that her reactions were so (31 days) because she was traumatized by sexual abuse on an ongoing and daily basis. They don't have to admit anything Logical.

Respect your comments ynotdivein, do you think the SA will touch on the Zanny story very much except lightly to say this was just another lie in a series of lies. Because I really haven't seen much evidence of the SA focusing on the Zanny theory much at all past the first three days.

So if the SA doesn't focus on the Zanny theory, do you see the DT making a "big deal" about it and saying their client lied? The defense that ICA is a habitual and constant liar but not a murder is kind of a tricky defense don't you think?
\

they are going to have a hard time with the Zanny theory since Linda Kenny Baden (sp) came out and said it was a lie and she use to be on their team.

I agree! Casey told RA she suspected her parents but no specifics. Tells Rob Dick and Tracey JG, Kio and others.

Please please tell me where to find this that she told RA (who is RA) THAT SHE suspected her parents. Thanks

There's still that thing about going to JG's house for a shower when she didn't need one. I don't think we have heard the last of that. ICA may be stupid but she's cunning too...

There's still that thing about going to JG's house for a shower when she didn't need one. I don't think we have heard the last of that. ICA may be stupid but she's cunning too...

I have yet to see one intelligent thing that KC has done. The only reason she feels she is smarter than the rest is because Cindy and George ignored her blatant lies for so many years. Then when reality stepped in and she was called on just about everything, her lack of cunning becomes glaring. Listened to an interview with Tony Lazarro posted on this site I think, where he said he asked her why she stole from her friend if she had 14,000 in the bank and KC said she needed it as a backup plan and IMMEDIATELY Tony said "I don't want to hear about any back up plan, don't even speak about a backup plan - I don't want to here it " and KC replied No, I didn't mean... where in Tony cut her off.

The stupidity that KC has shown in all of this is just incredible.

Please please tell me where to find this that she told RA (who is RA) THAT SHE suspected her parents. Thanks

That would be Robyn Adams, Solace...I believe in the follow up depo she told this to Baez and company...JMHO

Justice for Caylee

I think the DT will be saying the following for a defense. . .

1) kc was raped when she conceived Caylee . . . but attempted to block it out of her mind (hence the statement to CA 'I would have to have sex to get pregnant')
2) kc suffered from PTSD from the original rape, then relived it when she found out she was pregnant from this horrendous event and CA would not allow her to give the child up for adoption.
3) caylee died accidentally - PTSD kicks in . . . kc returns to her life o' partying as a result of the PTSD and she returns to her life prior to Caylee's conception.
4) the domineering parents insisted she raise, care for, and mother the very child who was a product of rape. (hence the tremendous hate kc felt towards her parents)
5) KC could never be "good enough" for her parents and they would never understand that she was a victim (of an alleged rape). . . instead they only care about Caylee.
6) KC actually did have a miscarriage in Feb, which triggered her post-partem depression which in turn made her a raw nerve ending when Caylee died (of course accidentally they will allege) and this is the reason for the bizarre behavior.

essentially an "ugly coping" defense.

PS This post is my opinion only . . . if it comes up during trial as an alleged defense for KC . . . I will be expecting payment for my ideas/thoughts/musings etc. in the amount of billions of US dollars! My thoughts are not available for use for any defense that the KC DT may be trying to manufacture at this very moment. (Ha that ought to keep the DT from using this almost sorta kind of plausible, teetering on the fringe edge of trying way too hard defense for KC's 31 days/disposal/lies/coverup of the death of her daughter).

Respectfully BBM

I can see them trying this defense, however, since Lee can testify to the the statements made by Cindy to ICA that Caylee was HER mistake, the best mistake, but a mistake nonetheless, I can't see this working.

Being raped would not have been HER mistake.

JMHO

I believe JG said she showered with the door open. So what was her hope here. Getting some DNA to place at the remains site. Maybe she was able to get some points from those two movies she watched???? jmo

WHat is SODDI?

You and I are disagreeing at cross purposes here. My statements are about Baez making opening statements or presenting evidence that has a possibility of being effective.

Baez can say anything he wants, I agree. But my expectations are he will try to say something that is cohesive, believable or even has the possibility of being believable and has some kind of basis to have his statements believable since he insists on being lead attorney on the Defense team.
The implication of sexual abuse by George is laughable - there is no basis of fact for ICA's slight remembering that maybe something happened.

Here are some statements. My father sexually abused me. My daughter was murdered or died accidently. All evidence points to me. I partied like a rockstar from the last day my daughter was seen. Four statements we accept as "true". The question is what does Baez say, do or present that will have the jury conclude ICA is innocent of this murder?

I was discussing what Baez could say that would have some impact on the jury. Something logical, something effective. SODDI here, a hint of sexual abuse there isn't going to cut it. As I said before, the guilt phase is about How, Who, and Where, the Penalty phase is about Why. Any hint of sexual abuse fits into the Why phase.

From all the evidence that will be presented at trial, it is laughable to suggest George was sexually abusing ICA therefore he killed Caylee.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member