Allison Baden-Clay - GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD #34

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh I think his tv interview was quite prophetic. He was a little bit hurt, but he's ok now. Sad but that's how he is it seems. And, people who do things like that are often only sad they got caught. The part that is really sad is when parents do things like this and their children are left behind in such trauma. I have unfortunately worked with many children who are in similar circumstances. It is very difficult for them even with loving family like the Dickies. They lose both parents tragically. One more tragically than the other. Often they seem to comprehend the finality of death but the trauma of a parent suddenly going into prison is so hard to understand. The questions they have! That said, when some, years later, are old enough to understand they are very relieved the parent is in prison. The number of times I've heard "my daddy was mean to my mummy" would make you cry. It seems many children are all too familiar with DV. I hope, really hope, that the girls are one day able to find peace and that they in time find joy. I have met many who do experience this eventually.

I am glad these children have you to confide in, yet so sad this world we live in needs you do such a job. May you find strength in the good you do to carry on.

Morning troops :)

Summer - we tend to use the terms "autopsy" and "post mortem examination" - or just "post mortem" interchangeably here Down Under. Similar usage to that in the UK.

Strictly speaking, you are right - the term "post mortem examination" can be somewhat ambiguous. But in general it is the same as an autopsy.

However, the use of the word "injury" is the one which I think was a calculated use. Davis was trying to make the point that there was no apparent source for any bleeding, re the blood found in the back of Allison's car. I think he also claimed that no cause of death had been determined at that stage either (still don't know if it has, even now). There are causes of death that are not covered by the word "injury" - eg drowning, smothering, poisoning, etc etc etc.

The last I heard was that the police were still waiting for results back from some forensic tests in Perth, which they expected to help with determining the cause of death.

Things like drowning, smothering, strangulation, etc etc would have been pretty obvious, especially to experienced forensic pathologists - which we have here in Brisbane. So I'm not quite sure what tests they would need to send over to Perth, apart from some highly specialized tests, eg on the hair.

And on that point, my London contact has not heard of hair banding being used in the courts over there, but has put out "feelers" for any further information. If - and I'm not sure whether it can be done - but IF hair banding can be identified as a post mortem change, and IF the hair found in the back of the Captiva had been UNDER the blood stain (i.e. had blood on the hair), then that MAY be the only way they can determine the age of the bloodstain. Of course, if the hair was overlying the bloodstain, with NO blood on the hair, but WITH post mortem banding, it doesn't give any information about the age of the bloodstain. However it may give information as to dead body having been in the back of the car or not.

Ah, thank you Doc. Post Mortem Examination = Autopsy. Results just not in at the time of the bail hearing.

I agree. Mr. Davis' words were very calculated.

And I think these little details of the blood in the car and the hair strand are important, and it will be most interesting to see how QPS is tying this evidence to alleged murder.

Hi Thinking. I think just as you do. I think about all of those things, how could anybody do that to someone they have shared so much with? When i found out that he had gone to the doctors, not once, but twice to have HIS wounds recorded the Saturday after Allison went missing, I felt ill. How could he rush off thinking of protecting himself when his wife was supposedly missing? In all my life I don't think I have seen such selfish behavior. I truly hope that there is one terrifying moment, one horrific image, locked in his mind from what happened on that terrible night that he just cannot shake and I hope that moment or image haunts him forever. Just my thoughts.

Reading this just sent chills down my spine. I never thought of it like this. The offering an excuse to police about his scratches before they even asked, going to the docs to document scratches "on request of police" (which they never requested) and while his wife was newly missing just a few short days. The calling about insurance before she was identified.. The list goes on. I feel sick. If it was my partner that went missing I would be a complete mess. I reckon I would need to be sedated and I probably would not stop searching until I found him. Certainly going to doctors about caterpillar bites and claiming on life insurance wouldn't even come close to being on my to do list.

I don't understand this behavior. And playing devils advocate, I cannot come up with a plausible explanation for it. Can anyone explain it for me? Maybe I'm just excessively emotional ?!? :S

Reading this just sent chills down my spine. I never thought of it like this. The offering an excuse to police about his scratches before they even asked, going to the docs to document scratches "on request of police" (which they never requested) and while his wife was newly missing just a few short days. The calling about insurance before she was identified.. The list goes on. I feel sick. If it was my partner that went missing I would be a complete mess. I reckon I would need to be sedated and I probably would not stop searching until I found him. Certainly going to doctors about caterpillar bites and claiming on life insurance wouldn't even come close to being on my to do list.

I don't understand this behavior. And playing devils advocate, I cannot come up with a plausible explanation for it. Can anyone explain it for me? Maybe I'm just excessively emotional ?!? :S

Maybe your just human like the rest of us here and have a heart that is able to care about others and put them first. Unlike someone else we know

Don't know what browser you're using, but make sure you have cookies enabled in the preferences/settings/options/whatever. When you log into WS, it should write a small file, called a cookie, to your computer, that is associated with the site, and which tells the site that you're logged in every time you come here.

And it will work with multiple computers. For example, I have one computer that stays on 24/7, and so it will show me as being logged in here 24/7 (check the list at the bottom of this page). But I can also log in from work via a MacBook, or from my iPad, or even my iPhone. Each one remembers me as being logged in. But in reality I'm only logged in from one at any one time, even though the home computer is showing me as logged in 24/7 and always from there - even when I'm somewhere else. If you see what I mean... ;)

Yeah I so get it Dr. W! All but a day or so ago all was good and the past two days its been up the shyte creek without a paddle trying to post. I will check my cookies however and the browser settings its just worth another check over! Thanks DW!

And thanks you guys for the empathy and trying to help out - you are the highlight of my day! (umm in reality that highlight should probably come after my kids but you lot know about WS and life priorities..... heheheh - will I drown in dust around the house yet? probly not today or tomorrow -keep reading keep reading Liadan!!!!)

Lol! I strongly suspect my OH and sons wouldn't notice this either! Could rely on my daughter to bring it to my attention though :)
Only other female in my home is the bird. And she wolf-whistles all the time, so I couldn't even trust her.

Pulps, give us the eerily accurate part please :)

I agree with what Bayside said earlier regarding how much we say about the children. However, try to read between my lines perhaps:) children are treated EXTREMELY carefully. I can neither confirm, nor deny obviously, who was home and what, if anything was heard. Children's reactions, without words, speak volumes. And when a child speaks we all listen VERY carefully. Particularly in cases like these.

In addition to GEANIE, I hold the same opinion as Dr Watson, and some others that information given regarding the autopsy or post mortem, whatever you wish to call it, has been somewhat guarded it seems thus far. I do know results are pending. I do believe, like many, there was a history of 'unsavory aggression'. I do also believe that the case is very, very sad and beyond that I can say little else at this point. It is very hard on children. Kids at school get wind of things, and whether now or later the protection we try to envelope these children in is penetrated. What happened to their mother is sickening. By that I don't necessarily mean in the most gruesome thing you can imagine type thing but it is sickening. There is a reason why this is a high profile case is my belief and that is because violent crimes against women, mothers, daughters, friends etc. like Allison are just so awful because it was so unnecessary. This did NOT have to happen. And her girls did not have to suffer as they did and will. Most importantly a really nice person did not need to have her life snubbed out so abruptly and in such a cold, humiliating and detached manner.

The apple doesn't fall far from the tree. Children are usually the product of their environment and parenting. I am yet to meet a truly evil child. As Dr Watson might tell you many of the most violent and aggressive people (prison) frequently have had some sort of acquired brain injury. They weren't born evil either. A lot I see also have severe childhood PTSD that has profoundly affected them. I see them as children with ODD or conduct disorder and sadly many of them end up sociopaths and extemely dangerous. Many have logical explanations for their beliefs when you tie it in with their upbringing and the abuse suffered.

As for GBC...well aloof seems a little bit possible:) I would like to hear from NBC. And finally, I think we all feel sad when it comes out. A light was extinguished forever and for what purpose? It is rare a person gets away with a crime like this so the victim h died in vain because no good comes of it for the perpetrator.

Ps. Excellent sleuthing by so many of you. And, I love the way so many attempt to find out factual information if you don't know. Well done!

Hi. Catchhing up yet again. Ok here we go:

1. GEANIE has some rumours that are quite eerily accurate.
2. I will be surprised if most of us don't have the bejesus shocked out of us
3. Caterpillars are more prevalent at night - not that I'm totally buying that story

And, some know I'm a forensic psychologist (mostly children) but as a result frequently visit their parents - in prison. I had to pay a visit out there unexpectedly quite recently- an event requiring my input. No, hang on to your knickers...not GBC - and I couldn't tell anyway:)

Being a female, the guards are brilliant with us and so friendly. Now it seems a certain high profile newish addition is somewhat aloof, a little holier than thou but doesn't cry as much as they used to. And...word spreads fast in these places. A lot of people would like to meet this newish person it appears. Protection...hmmm. Years down the track...I've seen quite a few moved out of there:)

And that's all I have to say about that

Thanks for that news.

Can you tell us what is the sort/type of 'Protection' he gets daily in there Pulp Please? :maddening:

Pulp fiction I admire your strength to be able to do the job you do. Seeing the effects these crimes have on innocent children must be absolutely heart breaking.

I do cry, I do agonise, I do have trouble sleeping, I do hug my son lots and I always have a smile & a hand to hold if they want it. I have learnt a lot from children who have seen DREADFUL things. Above all else kids often just want someone to sit on the floor and play with them. Through play you get a picture without them having to look at you directly. That is when they open up a lot.

I have also been privileged enough to work with some kids for many years. I've been to weddings and christenings. For some there is blue sky and sunshine after the rain has fallen. For the girls I feel this is what will come to them eventually. I don't know anyone who wouldn't move mountains to ensure they felt loved, respected, safe, happy and secure.

Looks like the mod team had a busy night on this thread. ("Disappearing posts")

I will be starting a new thread shortly. I will also be reviewing last night's activity.

Originally Posted by pulpfiction
Hi. Catchhing up yet again. Ok here we go:

1. GEANIE has some rumours that are quite eerily accurate.

Still......waiting.....:waiting: you know more me thinks....:what:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member