The Doe Network, Part 3: Who is Princess Blue?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got very curious about this case, when my MIL tells me that my husbands father (total violent ) stole her class ring, and how her father bought her a new one. Don't get excited she graduated in 73 in San Benita Texas (I asked her just in case). I just think it's a weird coincidence. Then I kinda started thinking...someone out there is missing or has given someone their class ring and they have to remember. You guys have probably considered this, but were you able to get the names of students who started their senior year at Robert E lee highschool, but never graduated? My MIL and my mom both have HS rings and never even graduated. Just a thought.

I got very curious about this case, when my MIL tells me that my husbands father (total violent ) stole her class ring, and how her father bought her a new one. Don't get excited she graduated in 73 in San Benita Texas (I asked her just in case). I just think it's a weird coincidence. Then I kinda started thinking...someone out there is missing or has given someone their class ring and they have to remember. You guys have probably considered this, but were you able to get the names of students who started their senior year at Robert E lee highschool, but never graduated? My MIL and my mom both have HS rings and never even graduated. Just a thought.

In the letter that we are sending to alumni, we ask if they know of anyone who did not graduate and if so, to please let us know.

In the letter that we are sending to alumni, we ask if they know of anyone who did not graduate and if so, to please let us know.

I figured you guys had thought of it.. It's just so weird to have such a great clue, and she still is a mystery.

Hi diamondgirl,

Welcome to Websleuths!

It's good having "fresh" eyes looking at things that could be done to help solve Princess Blue's case. It helps refresh our memories of what we have done and gives us new directions to pursue. I am happy you have joined us on Princess Blue's thread. I do hope you come back!

I figured you guys had thought of it.. It's just so weird to have such a great clue, and she still is a mystery.

Anyone have any other possible matches to our Princess Blue? None have been posted in awhile besides Kimberly Cheatham. She is indeed a strong possibility, but as her connection to this case is still being analyzed, I think it would be great to have other possibilities lined up...what do you guys think?
Thanks and best wishes,

I wish I knew who she might be, but alas, I don't know of any other person who could be a match for Princess Blue.

Hi all,

I am finally caught up with reading all 3 of Princess Blue's threads. What amazing dedication you guys have! This is great because the Princess Blues of the world do not have family to speak for them. I am reminded of Project Jason's "Adopt a Missing Person" program...perhaps someone can start an "Adopt a UID" as well.

I initially became interested in reading up on this thread because I thought Princess might be a match for Melissa Highsmith. Does anyone know if Melissa has been considered as a possible match? I didn't see it mentioned in any of the threads. I'm not really good at looking at facial structures, so I was mainly looking at timeframes. Melissa was born in 1969, so she falls within the age range for Princess Blue. Melissa was taken by a babysitter, and IMO it's likely she was raised as someone else's daughter. She was taken from Fort Worth, Texas. I'm not sure if it's a likely match but I thought I would mention it anyway.
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35715
http://www.myspace.com/melissahighsmith

That being said...I REALLY think Kimberly Cheatham looks like a strong possibility. That overlay is amazing! Kudos to Craig for the great article and for helping keep Princess in the media.

Sable...I've been trying to add your Princess Blue MySpace page to my friends. Now I see that you are busy moving into a house! Good luck with that and hope you add me at MySpace soon :)

LionRun...sorry to hear about your mom. My mother-in-law also has cancer right now. She gave us quite a scare a few weeks ago. Then she started improving. But we are just not sure what the future holds. You are in my prayers :blowkiss:

ETA - Just saw the update in the Jury Room about LionRun's mom. LionRun, you have my deepest sympathies.

What about this gal?

Texas Missing Persons Clearinghouse Online Bulletin

Missing Person Details

Name: Angela F. Phillips
Case Number: M0509007
Case Type: Endangered
Last Seen in: Houston (Harris County)
Last Seen on: 9/18/1986
Height: 5' 4 "
Weight: 120 lbs.
Age Missing: 20
Eye Color: Brown
Hair Color: Black
Date of Birth: 12/23/1965
Race: Black
Sex: Female
State Missing From: Texas
Country Missing From: USA
Circumstances: Ms. Phillips was last seen riding a bike on Calhoun Street.

Source & Photo:
http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/MPCH/mpdetails.asp?id='M9/29/20052:17:30PM'
http://www.texasequusearch.org/missing_persons/AngelaPhillips.pdf

I sent Detective Coffman and also Texas Equusearch an email asking if Angela Phillips could be a possible match for Princess Blue. I will let you know what I find out.

I sent Detective Coffman and also Texas Equusearch an email asking if Angela Phillips could be a possible match for Princess Blue. I will let you know what I find out.

Hi RKnowley:blowkiss:. I see consistencies between Angela's pic and Princess Blue's recon. Thank you for taking the time--once again--to notify Sgt, Coffman and Texas Equusearch. I am anxious to learn if the outcome of your efforts. I am sorry I have not been here for some time, but Princess Blue, you, and all of my friends here have never been far from my mind.

Lion

Hi Lion! So good to see you here. I have missed seeing you around here and your sleuthing with us.

I am so sorry to hear of the loss of your mom. My thoughts are with you and your family at this time. I know it must be very difficult for you.

I will let you know if I hear anything back from Det. Coffman or Equusearch regarding Angela Phillips.

Please keep in touch with us. We miss you lady!

Thanks dear RKnowley:). It is sooooo good to be back. I cut my hours back to about 60 per week because it wasn't worth it to not be with family and friends. My mom's death showed me that. We will get by on less money and a better quality of life--that's for sure.

So, what can I do regarding Princess Blue's case at this point? Can you fill me in when you have time? I have been keeping up with reading, but if there is anything you can tell me my ears and mind are an open book:).

Lion

Lion,

Right now we are twiddling our thumbs waiting for comparison DNA results on Kimberly Cheatham and Princess Blue. Hopefully they have actually begun this process. I have still been doing some mailing out of letters to 1975 REL Class Alumni and also been trying to find any other possibles for Princess Blue in case she turns out not to be Kim we will have another direction to go. Do you have any ideas of what we should be trying to accomplish while we are waiting??

Also, we are trying to see if we might be allowed to find a resting place (we are trying to figure out what would be a good place for this would be) for Princess Blue and will probably be setting up a Paypal site for donations to pay for plot and headstone, etc.

I received an email from the University, and am waiting to hear from them if we would be allowed to lay Princess Blue to rest somewhere. I'll let you all know when and if we find out anything about that.

We are planning on also setting up a reward fund for information on Kimberly. As RK said, we're kind of hanging in limbo right now waiting for DNA results. I have emailed the detective a few times, and guess I'll bug him again to ask at what stage this process is.

I think your plan is spot on, RKnowley and Jaded. Sometimes DNA results can take many months to materialize, so I will try to think of anything else we can work on in the meantime.

Jaded, hopefully you will hear some positive info back from Sergeant Coffman.

Boy, is it good to be back!

Lion

I have never posted in this thread but have been keeping a close eye on developments. I know that in the previous thread some of you expressed an interest in learning more about DNA and matters such as this. I would love to help anyone who is still interested. I was thinking of drawing up a "lecture" about basic DNA and then maybe some more advanced topics. Let me know if anyone is interested in this.

A Mystery Begins
Princess Blue’s skeletal remains were found at a known dumpsite off a county road (located near the juncture of County Road 101 and 288) in Manvel, Texas, on September 10, 1990. Manvel, Texas is located just south of Houston in Brazoria County. Her precise date of death is unknown. While it may have been as long ago as the 1970s, it was more likely in the late 1980s to early 1990. At the time of her death, she would have been 16 to 22 years old.

An Important Clue
One item found at the scene was a 1975 class ring from Robert E. Lee High School in Houston, Texas. It is a classic style silver or white gold banded ladies ring with one blue (sapphire colored) cabochon (completely smooth/ovaled) stone in the center. The stone is most likely a synthetic sapphire, with an "L" inlaid into it. The ring is a size 9½ and has been resized twice. We do not know if it was up-sized or down-sized.

The ring may have belonged to her, or to a family member such as her mother or older sister, or to a friend.

Vital Statistics
  • Race: Caucasian, with possible mixed ethnic heritage (it is likely one parent or one grandparent was African-American)
  • Estimated age: 16 to 22 years old
  • Approximate Height and Weight: 4'10" to 5'3" with a slight to medium build
  • Hair color: Unknown
  • Eye color: Unknown
  • Distinguishing Characteristics: The victim possibly had a tumor on her knee. We are currently trying to find out which knee, and if it is possible that the anomaly could have resulted from an injury, disease, or previous surgery. We found out recently there may not have been a pre-mortem anomaly to her knee.
  • Dentals: Dental information available
  • DNA: In CODIS
  • Jewelry:
    1 ring (gold band) with 6 clear stones
    2 thin silver band rings
    1 silver ring band with a scroll design
    1 Robert E. Lee High School ring (1975) with a blue stone and inlaid L under the stone
    1 silver ring with a turquoise unicorn
    1 pearl-beaded bracelet
Date of Death: Unknown. It is possible that her body was at the Brazoria County location since the 1970s, but was more likely placed there in the late 1980s to early 1990.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77