Caylee Anthony 2 years old #10-General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks NurseBeMee, As I mentioned I think something bad has happened. It either has caused Casey to go into this mode of tell stories till she's blue or it is her reaction to her own mistake.

I guess what I am saying is it's not conlclusive that its because she is guilty of something. If I try and put my son in her place. Would he like guilty or not? Yes. And he would keep lying not knowing how to get out of it or make the lies stop.

I'm serious here my son has lost major major major opportunities that meant the world to him over stupid lies and after the dust settles I always try and analyse it with him to see if he can detect the pattern and stop it. . and very often he will often break down and say "I don't know why, mom" I really don't. It's like I wake up in the middle of these stories and realize what it's cost me and then I can't get out.

Believe it or not, my son is very proud and is horrified at being caught or called a liar so if he finds himself in a lie, he becomes desperate to make it TRUE instead of admiting it and starting all over.

There are other simlarities with Casey. Severe lack of motivation, and a happy go lucky approach to responsibility and life.

My brain wants to tell me Casey is lying to save her *advertiser censored*. My heart and experience with my son tells me that there is a chance this girl is innocent and just in way over her head. Her lying in the past has never really caused her too much grief and was never dealt with and she does not have the mechanisms to deal with what she has herself into.

The difference with my son is after things settled down and no one was pestering him (isolation) he would call me and would tell me the truth and then after recognized he had no option he would face the consequences and do the right thing. Another trait I suspect he shares with Casey though . .. the minute he would deal with something. . .it would be over. No upsettednesss, no residual guilt. He could be laughing within minutes.

This matches what Cindy said on the stand yesterday about Casey and the truth.

Thanks NurseBeMee, As I mentioned I think something bad has happened. It either has caused Casey to go into this mode of tell stories till she's blue or it is her reaction to her own mistake.

I guess what I am saying is it's not conlclusive that its because she is guilty of something. If I try and put my son in her place. Would he like guilty or not? Yes. And he would keep lying not knowing how to get out of it or make the lies stop.

I'm serious here my son has lost major major major opportunities that meant the world to him over stupid lies and after the dust settles I always try and analyse it with him to see if he can detect the pattern and stop it. . and very often he will often break down and say "I don't know why, mom" I really don't. It's like I wake up in the middle of these stories and realize what it's cost me and then I can't get out.

Believe it or not, my son is very proud and is horrified at being caught or called a liar so if he finds himself in a lie, he becomes desperate to make it TRUE instead of admiting it and starting all over.

There are other simlarities with Casey. Severe lack of motivation, and a happy go lucky approach to responsibility and life.

My brain wants to tell me Casey is lying to save her *advertiser censored*. My heart and experience with my son tells me that there is a chance this girl is innocent and just in way over her head. Her lying in the past has never really caused her too much grief and was never dealt with and she does not have the mechanisms to deal with what she has herself into.

The difference with my son is after things settled down and no one was pestering him (isolation) he would call me and would tell me the truth and then after recognized he had no option he would face the consequences and do the right thing. Another trait I suspect he shares with Casey though . .. the minute he would deal with something. . .it would be over. No upsettednesss, no residual guilt. He could be laughing within minutes.

Thank you for the insight you have given us, I appreciate it very much.

http://articles.latimes.com/2008/may/07/local/me-drugbust7 The school was San Diego State..here's a link to an article.
One alleged dealer was just a month away from receiving a master’s degree in homeland security and had worked with the campus police as a security officer, officials said.

Thanks for taking the time to research that, curiousitycat.:)

Makes me wonder what Jesse becoming 05 (police) and 'going solo in eight weeks' means? There are so many strange twists to this case. But the only thing that matters to us all, again, is Where Is Caylee?

saqqara, welcome, I work with quite a few parents and students who lie just to be lying. The more you try to "pin" them down the more they lie or become aggitated. I've finally had to learn that a person's "perception is their reality". Regardless of whether that perception is shared by the large majority. At least it helps me in trying to come up with workable solutions for all involved.

curiositycat, I have a little medical background...and to the best of my knowledge, yes, you can build a tolerance for Xanax. In addition, it's highly addictive.
Believe it or not I am a retired licensed psychologist. It's been twelve years or so and things have changed greatly. I don't have a Phd, so I don't know a lot about meds. I never did much drug counseling unless I was doing a favor for a co-worker on vacation.

Is it possible that dealers of Zanax register to unused apatrments and even the phone directory under code names such as Zanny? The people who purchase the stuff would recognize it, but it took dozens of threads for the best sleuthers and moms in the country to think of it? Is it possible that someone was actually dealing out of that vacant apartment where Casey went to find Zanny the Nanny?

Dealers use vacant apts alllll the time! Some use it for dealing, some use in them and some just plain ole squat fulltime and do all the above.
They try to stay under the radar, away from their usual spots.

Sounds like she is trying to take up their time and lead them on some goose chases.
Maybe Casey took some lsd (acid-shrooms) and had a bad trip that she didn't recover from?

I was about 10 when my older cousin Steve did just that. He's still messed up from it too!

I hear you......so is my daughter :(

Okay I have been meaning to post along these lines since I joined here. . . because what I have to say is relevant it's just going to be hard to follow.

First of all I believe something unfortunate has happened to Caylee and I believe the GM knows more or believes more than she is letting on and that is making her into the difficult person she is.

Now for the position I haven't seen posted (but I could have missed it).

I have an 18 year old son and a 15 year old daughter. My son is brilliant. Seriously, I.Q. and understanding. He is also a compulsive liar. And to top it all off he lies about obvious things that he could easily tell the truth about. It makes no sense and never has. He has had many many many difficulties because of this. I was devastated as a parent because I could not seem to get through to him all the damage to himself he caused. The worst part is when he was telling lies he truly seemed to believe them. . . and the more you cornered him with the truth (walking into Universal Studios) the more adamant he became that he was telling the truth and he would become truly devastated that no one believed him.

My 15 year old daughter never has had this problem. Now here is the kicker. They have different fathers. The father of my son displalyed the same traits and I blamed his parents. I also had another son with this man when I was very young and placed him for adoption. I have since been in contact with him and his mother and HE IS EXACTLY THE SAME.

I truly believed I and my husband were to blame for how we raised our son. The woman who adopted my first child, believed it was a failing of thier raising him unfortunately they didn't have a second child to compare to.

My point is this. My son has never truly been in trouble. He is warm, outgoing, gregarous and will charm the pants off anyone old and young alike. He is LOVED, and forgiven by many for his lies. He's seen many counsellors, and psychatrists, all who tell us different things. He's been diagnosed with various non-verbal learning disorders. . . . but no mental health issues. It just is.

Casey reminds me a bit of my son. And, obviously another child I gave birth too with the same character traits.

I don't know what this means. . .but I do know that it makes this case very very very difficult. . . but it does not obviously mean her lying is a learned behaviour and nor does itmean she is obviously guilty of harming her child because she is lying.

Just another take.
Thank you for sharing your story. It was very brave of you. Might I ask if your son has had a substance abuse problem of any kind? I know someone very much like your son...and he did.
Welcome!

For me, I think the point is, you can't have it both ways, you can't make it up but still be right. ZG WAS there, LE confirmed her ID.
I posted this a few threads ago but there is a reason these 2 deny knowing each other, maybe the degree of seperation is only 1, why would anyone expect this woman to be honest if ZG was say, a pusher or dealer?? I dont think Casey ever thought LE would connect those dots in the first place, there is a missing link between players Amy, Jesse, Troy, TonE, ZG and Christine to name a few.

I totally agree Blink. Casey knew ZG was at the apartments somehow. She might not have known that ZG didn't follow through and rent the apt? I would also think the cops would have known if ZG was lying and maybe they do know that? But, Casey could have gotten the info some other way? Maybe Casey was looking to rent the apt also and showed up there the same day ZG did. Why would Casey remember her name though?

The friend, Jeff was it?, that also used ZG as a babysitter, is he real? Do we know that yet?

Salem

Makes me wonder what Jesse becoming 05 (police) and 'going solo in eight weeks' means? There are so many strange twists to this case. But the only thing that matters to us all, again, is Where Is Caylee?
I know it. This is going to make a great book and movie..evidentually!

In the meantime WHERE IS CAYLEE????

I have been praying for an answer to that all day!

Believe it or not I am a retired licensed psychologist. It's been twelve years or so and things have changed greatly. I don't have a Phd, so I don't know a lot about meds. I never did much drug counseling unless I was doing a favor for a co-worker on vacation.

Hey, fellow shrink here....I kinda have to know a little of everything. I work the public school system.

Sounds like she is trying to take up their time and lead them on some goose chases.
Maybe Casey took some lsd (acid-shrooms) and had a bad trip that she didn't recover from?

I was about 10 when my older cousin Steve did just that. He's still messed up from it too!

might be why Casey had a seizure?

did anyone see nancy grace tonight? that lawyer made me sick! he's accusing the police of basically lying about things.

he makes it sound like they were lying about the address casey took them to, because he, the lawyer hasn't been able to take casey there he can't really say if it was right or not.

he said they had the wrong zenaida fernandez gonzalez. okay.

he won't let casey talk to the police unless it is to discuss a 'lead' on where caylee is, meaning probably if someone else has kidnapped her.

i loved how nancy ripped into him though, and they kept going into commercial break after she yelled at him lol.

"what do you mean she doesn't remember where the child was IT WAS ONLY A MONTH AGO!" haha.

all of these need to go into the myspace links,... so we can refer to them when this goes to trial

I suggest saving the screen shots of these messages, just in case the "players" in this case delete them if they find out they're being monitored.

saqqara, welcome, I work with quite a few parents and students who lie just to be lying. The more you try to "pin" them down the more they lie or become aggitated. I've finally had to learn that a person's "perception is their reality". Regardless of whether that perception is shared by the large majority. At least it helps me in trying to come up with workable solutions for all involved.

curiositycat, I have a little medical background...and to the best of my knowledge, yes, you can build a tolerance for Xanax. In addition, it's highly addictive.

Thanks WISCer. . .that is a great approach.

It brings me to another question I have for everyone though . . . again because of my son's unreasonable and unpredictable lying the most common question people ask me is if he has a substantce abuse problem.

While I'm not in denial. . and I am sure (hell, know) he has experimented, I also know he is relatively clean and has no substance abuse issues. ..

Which brings me to all of the speculations about Casey's drug use. It has come up repeatedly. Is this all speculations. I have seen or read nothing that states she was a known user or had a record or for possession.

Can someone let me know if this is speculation or fact?

My guess is when she was arressted that when they did the mental evaluation (that I *think* came back) normal they perhaps would also have made an assessment about drug use? Correct?

Well, if Casey has a prescription for Xanax I suppose she would still be getting it in jail. If she doesn't she could be having withdrawal symptoms. That might work to the detectives benefit. IMHO
in my opinion if she is getting it or was giving it to Caylee .....she was getting it on the street IMHO

I totally agree Blink. Casey knew ZG was at the apartments somehow. She might not have known that ZG didn't follow through and rent the apt? I would also think the cops would have known if ZG was lying and maybe they do know that? But, Casey could have gotten the info some other way? Maybe Casey was looking to rent the apt also and showed up there the same day ZG did. Why would Casey remember her name though?

The friend, Jeff was it?, that also used ZG as a babysitter, is he real? Do we know that yet?

Salem

interesting Salem! Maybe it was Jeff who taught Casey about "Zannie the Nannie." Maybe he used the same method!! If he is real!:eek:

I totally agree with you. The natural nickname for someone named Zenaida would be Zeni, Zennie or Zenny.
I was wondering this as well. Is it a common nickname for Zenaida? If anyone out there knows, please post.

Once an officer returns from academy, he/she is "assigned" to a Field Training Officer for a period of time - "hands on," "real life" training, so to speak until they're ready to be released on their own.

Okay I have been meaning to post along these lines since I joined here. . . because what I have to say is relevant it's just going to be hard to follow.

First of all I believe something unfortunate has happened to Caylee and I believe the GM knows more or believes more than she is letting on and that is making her into the difficult person she is.

Now for the position I haven't seen posted (but I could have missed it).

I have an 18 year old son and a 15 year old daughter. My son is brilliant. Seriously, I.Q. and understanding. He is also a compulsive liar. And to top it all off he lies about obvious things that he could easily tell the truth about. It makes no sense and never has. He has had many many many difficulties because of this. I was devastated as a parent because I could not seem to get through to him all the damage to himself he caused. The worst part is when he was telling lies he truly seemed to believe them. . . and the more you cornered him with the truth (walking into Universal Studios) the more adamant he became that he was telling the truth and he would become truly devastated that no one believed him.

My 15 year old daughter never has had this problem. Now here is the kicker. They have different fathers. The father of my son displalyed the same traits and I blamed his parents. I also had another son with this man when I was very young and placed him for adoption. I have since been in contact with him and his mother and HE IS EXACTLY THE SAME.

I truly believed I and my husband were to blame for how we raised our son. The woman who adopted my first child, believed it was a failing of thier raising him unfortunately they didn't have a second child to compare to.

My point is this. My son has never truly been in trouble. He is warm, outgoing, gregarous and will charm the pants off anyone old and young alike. He is LOVED, and forgiven by many for his lies. He's seen many counsellors, and psychatrists, all who tell us different things. He's been diagnosed with various non-verbal learning disorders. . . . but no mental health issues. It just is.

Casey reminds me a bit of my son. And, obviously another child I gave birth too with the same character traits.

I don't know what this means. . .but I do know that it makes this case very very very difficult. . . but it does not obviously mean her lying is a learned behaviour and nor does itmean she is obviously guilty of harming her child because she is lying.

Just another take.
Very good point. Casey was referred as a nerd in one of those myspace quotes.
I too have a highly intelligent child who lied for no reason. I came to believe that she really couldn't remember so said the first thing that came into her head. I started writting down the things she said and asked the same questions again, and got different answers. When she read the list she was stunned as to what she had said.
Of course, losing a child is a heck of alot different.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong