FL-AMBER ALERT Haleigh Cummings 5 yrs. old - Putnam County #23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do we know for certain that only R, M, and the 2 kids lived in the trailer? It just seems strange to me that they were all sleeping in 1 bedroom. There's nothing wrong w/ it, but you would think that M and R would want some privacy. Maybe someone else was staying with them or had been staying there???

I live in the South. Any junior high school student here knows what "numerical" means. Or when a person is talking about hair, and asks what color, they don't mean what race.
Sorry, I hate redneck jokes too, but this girl is just not bright.

This was a 911 operator, not a jr. high kid. I think that sets the bar higher.
A 911 operator that should have been trained to speak using correct grammer. "Whats the numerical?" is not the correct way to ask someone a house address.

After reading the last few pages of this thread, I thought I would put in my 2 cents.....

I was born and raised in Georgia and lived there until I was 24 years old, so some of the things MC and RC are doing aren't that odd to me. However I married my hubby and he and his family are from Tennessee and his sister still lives in a town that doesn't have a red light at all...1 small family grocery store, 2 convenience stores, and no fast food places or no restaurants at all.

If something happened that my sister in law was in a situation like RC and MC are, man I would hate to see what was said about her. Even though I was born and raised in GA and a lot of people would consider me country, I still have a pretty bad southern accent. My sis in law is very very country to a point that even caught me off guard when I met her.

I don't know why there would be urine on a blanket, but I don't find having a blanket in the van that odd at all. My sis in law has one of those older huge vans, and we always have a blanket in the back..in case we stop by the park, or go to the lake, it comes in handy usually. The hubby and I have always kept one in the trunk since we have had kids. Fireworks, soccer game, softball game, plenty of times it is nice to have.

In the south more than anywhere I have lived, people just talk and don't really think out and plan every word said. Also considering this girl is so young and her past, she doesn't have a lot of education. To me she is talking like she talks to her friends, family... etc.......She probably isnt even thinking that people are taking apart everything she says and trying to see what it means.

With that being said, there are some things that bother me with the situation.........I don't think everything happened exactly the way she is saying it did......IMO....

FWIW, I when I listened to the 911 call the first time, the operator sounded like she said "miracle" I had no idea what she was talking about, and remember, reception there isnt great. Maybe she had a bad connection. I still feel like she knows more than she lets on, or wasnt home during whatever happened, but the "numerical" thing is ridiculous.

LOL I agree Kellync. I'm going to be very honest here, if someone asked me "What's your/the numerical" on a good day. Not even going to there about calling in a missing child in the middle of the night, but a good day...I would probably stop and look at them for at least two clicks...before it dawned on me...if it did dawn on me...Just my two cents:)

This was a 911 operator, not a jr. high kid. I think that sets the bar higher.
A 911 operator that should have been trained to speak using correct grammer. "Whats the numerical?" is not the correct way to ask someone a house address.

It has nothing to do with grammar. We all make mistakes. We're all guilty of misusing/misunderstanding words and phrases at times. I see people use "jive" instead of "jibe" on these boards all the time, and I don't assume they're uneducated. WE ALL do this sometimes. Doesn't make us stupid.

I don't see WHY we are even discussing this. It is SO moot.

Re bold ---> :floorlaugh:
Re rest of message: Things are not always as they seem. Or, in this case, as they sound. I want to say more, but I can't. Be patient. :)

See my note above. :blowkiss:

My heart goes out to TES & Tim Miller....he is the BEST! He knows what he is doing........
One thing I have learnt from following these cases is..........TM knows what is going on. We DO NOT! The message is be patient!!!!

Thank you Friday!!!! :blowkiss:

CNN just reported that the sex offender that is missing Chad Eugene Reynolds had a previous conviction for breaking into a mobile home and fondling a girl under age 12. Has that been mentioned here? I'm sure finding him is high on LE's list.

We were discussing it but didn't know what sex the victim was.

Well now, A van, a blanket...a few things come to mind..but that aside
Exactly. Why does a 17 year old have her blanke in a van and then leave it there to boot. I agree. Whoever was there early in the day came in a van and her and the kids hopped in, taking there blankets with them because they were going to be gone long enough that when they got back it would be time to be in bed. Moo

A nice day, maybe took the kids for a picnic by the lake or river........

That's a great question!
And with it being said that Haleigh was afraid of the dark, I could see leaving the tv on, which would also seem to be a deterrent to the perp entering ~ unless he's armed and prepared to shoot anybody who gets in his way of abducting the child. MOO

Which says to me that the blankets and their having to be washed waves a huge red flag. She was asked "what happened". She ignored that question but went on a rave about the blankets. The washing of the blankets is huge here.

I'm sure it was explained to LE. And since she's not in jail, perhaps her reasons were plausible?

No disrespect, but Tim Miller DOES NOT BAIL. When he leaves a seach, he has a reason. In the case of Caylee, everyone jumped on the band wagon about him leaving the last search, asking for donations back. Man, those of us that love TES were not happy about people wanting their money back.
What no one took the time to find out & post was that even though Tim had physically left Orlando, he had a team still in place to search. Many members of that team make up TES in Orlando today & searched for Hayleigh this weekend. Many of those FL members, like members in many other states, go where ever they are needed to search.

I sat & cried today because this little girl has not been found, because so many others have not been found. I HATE it, I HATE those who harm our children. I bet Tim & many TES members shared a lot of tears as well. It is just heart breaking & I think Tim would give his life for any of these missing children..........he almost has!

I really don't mean to sound rude, that is not my intent, but "bail" is just a good or accurate word to use. He left a search & there could be many reasons for that.
God Bless all of you who searched, prayed, donated food, water or your hard earned cash. So many lost children, not enough Tim Miller's.:blowkiss:

Agree 100%. Once we know someone (which LeLe does, not myself) we learn to trust their priorities. I do know TM's and TE's reputation. And if he/they left, I'm confident it was because they could do more good elsewhere. It's a sad world we're living in when he and his organization are pulled in so many directions there is not enough of them to go around. Look at his health, and we can see LeLe's right... he's done everything but give his life that others' might be found. I can not say a single word and haven't anything but praise for his efforts. God bless TM and God bless TE. JMO
:blowkiss:
:parrot:

It has nothing to do with grammar. We all make mistakes. We're all guilty of misuing/misunderstanding words and phrases at times. I see people use "jive" instead of "jibe" on these boards all the time, and I don't assume they're uneducated. WE ALL do this sometimes. Doesn't make us stupid.

I don't see WHY we are even discussing this. It is SO moot.

I don't assume they're uneducated. :waitasec: So don't assume you know what I am assuming.

Welcome Jaimie :)

Many think Misty made a habit of leaving the house after the kids went to bed & that's what she did that night but I'm not one of them..OTH!..I do agree she's scared of RC & that comes from listening to him on the 911 call..I think he does have a nasty temper & that would scare me too!

Thank You for the welcome! I only base the assumption of her NOT being there because I cant buy that she was there and didnt hear/see anything at all. I spent the better part of my teen-age and upper 20's in a small town, living in trailer parks, with a very abusive husband who I was terrified of. We got married at 16 and I had my son by the time I was 17. Looking at all the myspaces's it obvious to me that drinking was the entertainment of the night. Trailer parks where everyone knows everyone-they get together and every nights a party. I dont think she wanted to miss out and her family was probably there too. I think she may have become very comfortable with the leaving the kids for short periods of time. I DO NOT think she is guilty of anything except leaving them for a bit and coming up with a story (cinderblock). She is telling the truth (polygraph) when they ask if she knows who took HC. She truly doesnt know who but she does know the why of it all-because she was negligent-something she hopes never comes to light.

If the blanket was taken off the bedroom window and the tv was left on, it would sure give a perp allot of light to work by.

the 911 operator did a very good job, I think, considering that she had a young girl on the phone, and a crazed father in the background. I see nothing wrong in asking for "numerical" other than it was over their heads. Anyway, she probably slipped into speaking "cop lingo". She kept both of them calmed down which was a major feat, I think.

I wonder how long the cops were there before she fessed up that she really wasn't the mother???

Totally NOT trying to be snarky...but since we are getting this technical, I'll point out that in the above listing, the word numerical is defined as an adjective....so in order for the 911 operator's sentence to be complete, "numerical" should have been followed by a noun. Such as, "What's the numerical address?"

She might have, but Misty cut in with "what's that?"
I have actually heard people around the country referring to Social Security cards as their "social." Dispatchers tend to conserve words sometimes. No big deal, but if I asked my 12 y.o. grandson what was the numerical, after JUST asking what's the address... I think he would figure out that I meant the house number. I'm not sure, though, I might check this out.

God bless them all, I hope they find this child soon.

Was there a presser at 4 PM EST today? If not, do we know when the next one is scheduled? TIA

Forgive me if I've missed this in the ten thousand posts, but has LE said anything about the light switch?

Misti says she woke up an the light was on

Logically, I'd be thinking there's gotta be a partial fingerprint on the light switch. It should either belong to Haleigh, Misti, Ronald, or an unknown.

--OR--

There's no print at all on the light switch because it's been wiped clean.

Whatever's on...or not on...that light switch should speak wonders to the validity of Misty's version of events.

Again, if this has already been picked with a fine tooth comb, my apologies to all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie