Anthonys want autopsy results sealed AND ALL Autopsy Updates

Should the Anthonys have a say about the autopsy results being sealed?

• Yes - they are justified and should have a say in it

Votes: 35 6.4%
  • No - they shouldn't have a say in it

Votes: 505 91.7%
  • Other

Votes: 11 2.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I do not know the laws in California, so I don't know how open things are there. Also, I am not an attorney and the attorneys that I spend most of my time with are in Virginia so the advice they give me is based on Virginia law. However, based on what I do know, I would think that the media can file as many motions as they want to see whatever they want. If what they are seeking is under seal they will not be allowed to see it unless they can come up with a valid reason that does not jeopardize the case in any way, shape or form and I can't think of a legal reason they could do so. In Florida, from my understanding, the gag order would have trumped the Sunshine laws. The Sunshine laws are in place and a given, unless a judge orders that something be sealed.

I carry a copy of the Constitution in my purse everywhere I go. I love our Constitution and I will always fight to protect it, no mater if I agree with the person or not. For example, I may not agree with something you want to say, but will defend your right to say it. I am a practitioner of non-violence and don't own a gun, but fiercely protect and defend the 2nd Amendment because I know why the founding fathers gave it to us and I believe, especially the last eight years (Patriot Act among other things) that it is necessary. However I will be the first to admit that PART of my reasoning is because of my negative feelings for the Anthony's. They are not interested in justice for Caylee, just freedom for KC. As Tricia says, we all have something to offer and I would like to see all the evidence so that I can see if there is anything I have to offer this poor baby.

As many of you know, I have done volunteer work for IP cases for years. I am currently working on a case that I have been working on for the last 10 years. This Feb marked the 30th Anniversary of the man being placed in prison for a crime that I and MANY other people do not believe he committed. The man's family did not care about Justice for him. When he was sentenced to death, his mother told the powers that be that executing him was fine with her. She was abusive and was the person who taught her son to use drugs. For 25 years there have been people working this case and there are a set of about 5 major questions and 500 minor questions that have never been answered and frankly, after all these years many people have given up. Last week, while talking to a friend of my father's who I have known longer than I have been working on the case, somehow we got to talking about it and out of no where the answer to one of the major questions, that could eventually play a major role in freeing this man fell right in my lap. I called the lawyers at 2 a.m. and they are now sending PI's down here to legally get the info that we need so motions and petitions can be filed and media alerted. The almost hired and sent someone over that night! Little old me, after all these years, practically on accident found answers that were being looked for since I was in elementary school that may set a man free after 30 years. You never know what a public look and fresh eyes will find in that report or in the piles of evidence we have been allowed to see. Two of our members here solved the mystery of who was taking down the memorials just by taking a little initiative to investigate on their own.

So yes, absolutely, the A's behavior and lack of ability to look past their daughter's lies and see the truth and seek justice for Caylee, in my heart, compels me to have no sympathy for them and to seek it myself and in that sense, it is partly my feelings for them that drives me in this case.

(Warning Graphic) As far as her condition, the public SHOULD be outraged!! In Cantu's case I am of the opinion (MOO) that they really aren't afraid so much of mere public outrage, but also the possibility that someone will shoot Huckabee in the head while she is being transported, or at least try to, putting officers and the public in danger. KC is a mother who killed her child, which unfortunately happens all the time. Mother's that do so lie all the time, it is the family ache for the spotlight that turned it into what it became. I am sure there is some fear for KC's safely or they wouldn't be transporting her so secretively, however, there is a special kind of hatred for Female Sunday School teachers who rape trusting little girls with inanimate objects and then kill them and throw them in the retention pond.

But yes, I can't imagine that the gag order wouldn't trump the Sunshine laws. Someone please correct me if I am wrong. I'm always willing to learn more about out rights!

1618177pz91x6n78l.gif

:boohoo:
I, for one, will be absolutely riveted to my seat watching next weeks hearing on this matter! I think (and hope) we will see a courtroom drama like no other. I hope every media outlet out there has their attorneys in court to give their say on getting these results released. Particularly after the SA's objection to the defense's motion to continue, I think Judge Strickland is going to be about up to here with the carp. (I really like their wording in the objection...it was right on!) I just feel the Judge is going to kindly put the A's in their place and confirm to BC, that it really is NOT his place to even make such a request. Their special treatment of their special feelings is about to come to a close my friends.

It's gonna be good folks...it's gonna be good...I can feel it in my gut!

It's absurd to me that the Anthony's ask for the autopsy to be sealed since they and JB have been the most vocal in this case. But if the SA states, as they have the entire time, that they have no dog in this fight, I think the Anthony's will get this.

It's not about the state; it's about the media, as Judge Strickland pointed out. The media will be there en masse to argue the public's right to know; the 1st amendment and Florida's Sunshine Laws.

I think it is very odd they are fighting over this particular subject as I did not expect any significant findings in the autopsy results. Unless they found the skull was not intact due to an impact, there is relatively nothing to be gained from the remains.

unless the bones show old breaks.....abuse....

It's not about the state; it's about the media, as Judge Strickland pointed out. The media will be there en masse to argue the public's right to know; the 1st amendment and Florida's Sunshine Laws.
We do have a right to know if it is public record now. During this case I did learn one important fact about the Sunshine Laws and it was they can go too far. We have learned so much inside information on this case which we have never been privy to before. Exciting, but at the same time I can see how it affects the case and those investigating it (Go Yuri!). However, the autopsy results should be released without question, imo.

unless the bones show old breaks.....abuse....
Good point. What are they trying to hide now?! :eek:

OMG! The missing knives? Tool marks? Broken bones?

Now...see how this can easily backfire on the A fam?! They claim they haven't seen the results...so are they worried about what COULD be seen in poor little Caylee's bones? Sure makes them seem like they know more, doesn't it?!

Just stopping by to get everyone's opinion on the docs today. The newcaster from local channel here in Orlando said on his report tonight that he spoke with Dr. G, the medical examiner, and interviewed her within the past few days. She said that the cause of death on the autopsy report would remain homicide of unknown cause, BUT there is a portion of the autopsy report where she describes what she feels happened to Caylee based on all of the evidence and her findings at the time of the autopsy. That, to me, will be extremely interesting and extremely telling. Not sure if anyone was privy to that interview and I don't have a link, but it is WESH here in Orlando on their 6:00 local news report.

this is why the A's dont want it released and why i think the DP was put back on...:(

It's just another way for the A's to get some attention and take the focus off of Casey. If the report is released the A's should stay away from the programs that will cover it. They should stay off of the internet and forums like this if they don't want to know what people are saying. We sure haven't invited them to come and join us.

Personallly, I could give a rip what Cindy and George Anthony think about anything anymore. Like most have said...Caylee took a back seat in their lives and emotions a long time ago and ole Casey is #1 again just like she wanted. They could all fall off the face of the earth tomorrow and I would never miss them. They say Casey is innocent yet they aren't out tearing the streets up looking for the REAL KILLER. That tells me that they know dear ole Casey is a killer but they just don't care. Little beautiful Caylee doesn't exist for them anymore...out of sight out of mind.

I'll be glad when the trial is over and Casey is locked up tight on death row and George and Cindy Anthony and the whack jobs they are hooked up with now can fish to their hearts delights in that kid finder boat they got :banghead:

What I'm adamant about is that there be no more special treatment in this case, period. Remember, it wasn't just JAB who didn't want a gag order; the A's didn't either. Had JAB and the A's not opposed it and the records were sealed, then it wouldn't be an issue. They cannot be allowed to pick and choose what is released and what isn't. The laws must apply equally to them --- despite that it appears they haven't in the last year.

The A's are going to be more upset when the evidence is presented at the trial, and they are going to HAVE to face it head on. They are not going to be able to request the trial to be stopped because it is "upsetting" them. They want to control anything that upsets them. This is out of their hands now ...it is going to be in their face over and over no matter what they do or where they go. They better start getting used to the fact that they cannot keep sweeping everything under a rug hoping it will just go away.

I think cindy hounded bruce C into filing this. I can picture her screaming .."You got george's suicide note sealed!" Get off your A$$ and DO SOMETHING"!!

The A's are going to be more upset when the evidence is presented at the trial, and they are going to HAVE to face it head on. They are not going to be able to request the trial to be stopped because it is "upsetting" them. They want to control anything that upsets them. This is out of their hands now ...it is going to be in their face over and over no matter what they do or where they go. They better start getting used to the fact that they cannot keep sweeping everything under a rug hoping it will just go away.

I can just imagine what they will be like during the trial.... Should be quite a show.

I, would think that if the SA received the report a month ago, so did the Anthony's. Are they not Caylee's "remains" guardians? I also would like to know if what Dr.G has to say about her summary where she draws conclusions about what happened are going to hold any weight at trial or would this all come in as hearsay? Anyone know?
The Caylee Anthony autopsy wasn't released on Friday, However, the state attorney's office received that report a month ago.
Article: http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/ent...h-reports.html

"George and Cindy Anthony are respectfully asking . . . to restrict the release of the autopsy results," according to the motion. "The information contained within the report will cause great anguish to the Anthony family, still struggling with the loss of their only granddaughter. . .
"Releasing the autopsy report to the media at this point in time causes endless comment and speculation in the media and public forums, such as the Internet. The publication of these results has already been the topic of countless television programs despite the fact that the actual autopsy report has not been released."

My second bold is what the A's are continually worried about. They do not want to be the focus of gossip and how the heck did they allow KC to go on for as long as they did..CA is worried about how she and her family are preceived by others..Oh, and her sense of entitlement. They say they are struggling with the death of Caylee but can steal under the cover of darkness the items left for Caylee at the memorial site. They have shown time and time again, they think nothing about breaking the law, seems to me they think they are above the law..I once had empathy for their situation but I see that it is they who are adding to their anguish...they are not demanding justice for precious Caylee. Which is why they can never be a true victims advocate...

Nothing that comes out of the Anthony's mouth can be considered credible, IMO, they lost their credibility long ago. I don't see this anguish as a result of not having Caylee around but it will show how much KC is responsible for the death of Caylee, that is what will cause them anguish, coming to terms with the fact that KC and only KC is responsible..and cannot deny it any longer..

I'm thinking this autopsy report may also have the results of the duct tape and whose prints are present. I also believe the Anthony's have already read the autopsy report..even if they say they didn't..CA also said she didn't read any of the discovery documents, yet while be deposed by Morgan she was quoting much of the documents..You can not believe a single word that comes out of that family's mouth..it really is a shame for they totally have forgotten about Caylee, the victim...Out of sight, out of mind..trading one child for another..their behavior is beyond frustrating..:banghead:

I see this as CA's way of still trying to control everything that is Caylee and Casey. Will this woman ever realize it's over? The state is now Caylee's voice. Her daughter won't even meet with her. Still, she is trying to control, control, control.

Caylee's autopsy report will be all clinical. It has been reported that Dr. G does give her professional opinions on possible causes.

Anyone who watches Dr. G knows this is her standard OP. She is extremely professional and is not on anyone side except the victim, in this case Caylee.

The A clan certainly wasn't concerned about the anguish, tears and thoughts LE, FBI, all the lab techs, those who assisted and Dr. G and her staff have to deal with on a daily basis since Caylee was discovered. Nope, the A clan went and had a $100.00 plus dinner on ABC. Drinking and eating is a great ugly coping method for that crew.

Note to C & G:
If the "endless comment and speculation" in the media and internet forums causes you anguish, a-v-o-i-d the media, internet.
Nothing else to see here, move along please.

My sister said BC was on the Today show this am!

Reporter said judge SEALED the autopsy report until the trial - of, course BC did not correct her.
Anybody see this? I can't find anything on it.

I voted that the Anthony's should have no say in the release of the autopsy report. I feel as if the Anthony's have done nothing for Caylee and have done everything to help Casey.
If I remember correctly, poor Caylee's remains sat in a box in the funeral home for more than a month after her remains were released to the Anthony's. No they should have no say in this.

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

I'm sure the Anthony's have already seen the autopsy results. Why will releasing them now cause greater "angush" than if they are realeased later at trial? There is already endless speculation and discussion of what happened to Caylee. I think having MORE facts would help people understand what really happened and end some of the speculation.

Yep...you're right....and the truth is what the Anthony's want sealed!....forget dignity or being "grieving, grandparents/crime victims" or whatever excuse their using for the time being....I liked what Mark Klaas said, "Every breath the Anthony's take....every move they make from here on out is to protect their daughter".....If they cared one bit about Caylee their support for their daughter would have went out the window when they seen the facts coming out like we all have....and it's not even the trial yet!! They speak from both sides of their mouth, on one hand they say things like, "Well let's just see what happens at trial, when we see the evidence, we'll reserve our judgement for that time".....just to turn around and say things like, "No matter what happens we will ALWAYS support our daughter".....that tells me right there, they don't care what's proven in court...they'll always discount the true facts and cling to the most ridiculous theories....even if there was a video of Casey murdering little Caylee, they would STILL support THEIR daughter and I feel it's very egotistical to think YOU'RE kid could NOT be a murderer, for no other reason than, "That's my daughter and she just wouldn't do this".....so nothing they say is credible to me anymore....in fact when I see them talking on tv, I hit the fast forward on the DVR cuz I feel they don't bring anything of value to the case....they continue to muddy the waters.....and they always will....until charges are brought up on them(If they ever are charged with anything)...but I think Casey will be convicted by that time, if they're ever charged .....so it won't matter to say anything incriminating then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Countrygirlwv