CANADA Canada - Jodi Henrickson, 17, Bowen Island BC, 20 June 2009

http://www2.canada.com/northshorenews/news/story.html?id=972f0d31-c4e1-4768-b73b-97a1db0fd2ce

The last person to see Henrickson was her ex-boyfriend Gavin Arnott who said he spoke to her after the two had a fight around 6:20 a.m. Arnott said Henrickson asked him to go and get his dad's truck but he refused because he was too drunk. Earlier in the evening, Henrickson had asked him to "run away with her," he said. He said he didn't know what prompted that.

At the time, Arnott was under a court order not to contact Henrickson after being charged with assaulting her in April.

Just going back over what little news that was released. I missed this article when it was published.

So according to the boyfriend, they had a fight earlier and then, out of the blue, Jodi asked him to run away with her. :waitasec: That sounds kinda strange.

Paintr: Key word in your post above:
HE said Jodi asked him to run away with her.
I don't think so.

Paintr: Key word in your post above:
HE said Jodi asked him to run away with her.
I don't think so.

The ex boyfriend's story and the statements by his family sound like 'circling the wagons' to me. They seem worried, but not about Jodi. Of course, that is just the opinion I received from various articles.

I wish LE would release an update.

"Jodi Henrickson is a Facebook junky. After the 20th of June, all Internet communication stopped cold- which everyone who knows her says is highly unusual.

"This is not Jodi. She would have phoned somebody by now. She would [have] phoned her best friend and said, 'I'm okay.' We just need to know where she is," said Milly Fincham, a family friend."

http://www.ctvbc.ctv.ca/servlet/an/...rickson_search_090629/Canada's Next Top Model

Also, I've noticed posts from this thread being transfered to other forums - that's a no-no, folks.

really where is this girl..........:mad:

I am fairly certain that she has not run away - or, if she did so initially, she has since met with some sort of mishap. No 17 year old would completely cut off all ties for this long without money or friends.

If she has run away, one of her friends knows for sure, and just isn't talking... and it's been a long time for someone to carry that secret, as well.

Thank you kindly Luckyducky for the update. That article makes it sound as if the family is having to deal with some nasty people. It is sad that they are plagued by this when their loved family member is missing.:(

I hope that LE find her soon.

Hey Paint - I am keeping tabs on this as well. I agree that there is no need to be nasty and point fingers when someone goes missing - makes you wonder if maybe they are doing it for a reason. I also agree that a 17 year old girl wouldn't just take off especially without word to anyone. However, having a 17 year old daughter myself I know that they tell g/f's things that they don't share with parents - I hope that this isn't the case here. I would hope that if anyone knows anything they would at least tell her mom. I just couldn't imagine not knowing where my kids were even for a day.

Hey Paint - I am keeping tabs on this as well. I agree that there is no need to be nasty and point fingers when someone goes missing - makes you wonder if maybe they are doing it for a reason. I also agree that a 17 year old girl wouldn't just take off especially without word to anyone. However, having a 17 year old daughter myself I know that they tell g/f's things that they don't share with parents - I hope that this isn't the case here. I would hope that if anyone knows anything they would at least tell her mom. I just couldn't imagine not knowing where my kids were even for a day.

I agree - if anyone knows anything, it's her friends.

Do you think a month is pushing it for secrecy? I am hoping they crack soon.

http://www.nowpublic.com/world/jodi-...plagues-police

Jodi Henrickson Missing: Teen Wall of Silence Plagues Police

This was posted on July 1st. Maybe this is part of the reason why LE has been having so much trouble with the search.

Bringing this article forward from the previous page.

In the comments section, one post claims that the teens are angry with LE for breaking up previous teen parties, so the teens aren't being forthcoming. Who knows?

http://www.nowpublic.com/world/jodi-...plagues-police

In the comments section, one post claims that the teens are angry with LE for breaking up previous teen parties, so the teens aren't being forthcoming. Who knows?

That is really horrible if it is true.
The parents of those teens really should try and get them to talk. I know that if one of my son's friends went missing after a party, I wouldn't accept *silence* as an answer.

Oh, and I would take the boyfriend's mom's comments with a whole salt mine, because it is clear his family is protecting him. None of my exes mom's would have anything nice to say about me (of course, they would all be wrong :D )

Letter to the Bowen Island Undercurrent, July 24, 2009:

‘Don’t these parents teach their children values and morals anymore?

Re: No headway in the search for Jodi Henrickson on bowenislandundercurrent.com

I am saddened and shocked that the parents of these teens don’t step up and talk to their kids.

Don’t these teens know that by keeping silent it’s a crime? I would hope and wish that these teens put themselves in the same position.

How would their parents feel if they went missing and nobody would speak about it? I lived in Squamish when the Bob McIntosh murder happened and was so disgusted by it.

If I were the parent of any these teens I’d have my child talking so fast regardless of how scared they were.

Don’t these parents teach their children values and morals anymore?

Posted by jeannemacdonald at bowenislandundercurrent.com
http://www.bclocalnews.com/greater_vancouver/bowenislandundercurrent/opinion/letters/51593777.html

Sounds good to me.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Petoskey
Back