UT -Susan Powell, 28, West Valley City, 6 Dec 2009 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe she was pregnant and that is why she was tired and sick. Maybe that set Josh off. I don't know. Just a thought.

Yes and if she was pregnant again, she may have been making some demands on Josh that set him off. I wonder if he was careless with (her) money.

I see he's 38 to her 28. She is more successful, he's marginally employed.

Snipped & bold added by me.

Hey, great thinking!! He did say south then kind of stumble to the Pony Express thing. The Pony Express Trails appear to be Southwest. So after he said "south" he could have been thinking, "oh dang!" and diverted to the Pony Express Trails cause they are kind of south and wouldn't make him sound like a complete and total liar. In that sentence anyway.

But, I can tell you - for those that live here in the valley, when you say 'south' it would mean Moab, Zion, St. George... when you say 'west' that would be Magna, Tooele, the west desert, Miller Motorsports Park... or even Wendover, NV. There is NO WAY to confuse the two. IMHO.

I don't have the correct link handy, but I could swear Owings said that she was helping Susan untangle a mess of yarn. That would warrant staying after Susan went to bed: "Oh don't worry yourself, dear, I'll get this finished so you can work on your project when you're feeling better."

that's what I remember reading too - initially, untangle yarn...then it became 'crocheting project'.

media reporting is making us nuts --they do not understand specificity & how important it is to a WSer. :crazy:

All I know for sure is that LE must have some great evidence or Scott Williams would not be a part of all of this. I believe in the power of prayer. Pray for Susan. It sounds like she was a strong willed, hard working, deeply religious woman. She wants us to find her.... Get your LDS Stakes organized and go find her....

that's what I remember reading too - initially, untangle yarn...then it became 'crocheting project'.

media reporting is making us nuts --they do not understand specificity & how important it is to a WSer. :crazy:

It's almost like she didn't want to be home alone with him. Church in the morning then invite a friend over for the afternoon.

Yes and if she was pregnant again, she may have been making some demands on Josh that set him off. I wonder if he was careless with (her) money.

I didn't realize Josh was that much older than Susan. He certainly is not behaving like a man 38 years old. He seems immature and irresponsible, from what we've learned of him. What a loser.

Surely there are family members , friends, or neighbors who have noticed that he is not normal. If Susan had been my friend or neighbor, I think I would have had my eye on him, and not in a good way! It seems strange to me that the woman who had dinner with them didn't sense that something was up when Susan suddenly felt so bad that she had to go to bed, especially with company and the kids still awake and Hubby busy with dinner and clean-up! That woman has a blog, (linked earlier), and she wrote that she sat with Josh at Church this past Sunday...sounds as if they are still friendly. Why doesn't she smell a rat? Is everyone playing him for an innocent victim to keep him close and talking to them????

I was thinking that maybe she is(was) pregnant again, maybe he didn't want the baby. Maybe because another addition to the family would stress them financialy. I think, I maybe confusing myself, but I thought I read that they no longer shared the same bed or was it that they lived more like roommates than husband and wife?

As much as I hate the idea of it, the 4 year old boy is holding the key to the 17-hour joyride with Daddy. They really need to get those kids away from the influence of Josh before those memories become replaced with fake memories recited to them!

I was thinking that maybe she is(was) pregnant again, maybe he didn't want the baby. Maybe because another addition to the family would stress them financialy. I think, I maybe confusing myself, but I thought I read that they no longer shared the same bed or was it that they lived more like roommates than husband and wife?

It was said they lived more like roomates than husband/wife - but I do not think anyone was able to verify if they had separate beds.

I am pretty confident that he killed her. I was thinking that he'd make it look like someone else may have done it for the insurance money.
Why do these men think their kids need Christmas presents more than they need their moms??
I had a gross dream about this...that he stuffed her in a deer carcass. Ew.
Guess I shouldn't eat late night snacks.
Seriously though. Please tell me investigators are going to tear up the part of the floor that was wet to look for blood or other evidence.

Chiming in here--greetings, you amazing sleuthers!

The only thing that seems a little "off" to me about JP drugging Susan: wouldn't it be risky to do so with her friend in the house? What if she started foaming at the mouth or otherwise having an obviously negative reaction in front of the friend? Then again, JP is clearly not the world's smartest planner...

Chiming in here--greetings, you amazing sleuthers!

The only thing that seems a little "off" to me about JP drugging Susan: wouldn't it be risky to do so with her friend in the house? What if she started foaming at the mouth or otherwise having an obviously negative reaction in front of the friend? Then again, JP is clearly not the world's smartest planner...

I'm kind of wondering if he's on some sort of medication. The interviews I've seen with him are just not normal. It's not like they're calculated, or disingenuous. They're just bizarre. I used to work as a psychiatric technician at the state mental hospital. Watching him reminded me of conversing with a heavily-medicated mental patient.

If he's taking something that makes him loopy, then he'd probably 1) have a convenient drug to give her; and 2) not completely understand how his actions might be interpreted by the dinner guest, law enforcement, the general public, etc.

Did the friend eat dinner too? It would be quite rude to eat in front of a guest without them eating also.

If he was drugging her, do you think he was doing it overtime? It's been mention that he rarely if ever made dinner, but he could of put it in other things. Maybe that night it killed her. Just a thought.

Just thinking......

Maybe LE can do a public appeal for anyone who may have seen his van. There must be something on that van that could stick out and jog someone's memory (like a bumper sticker, etc...). If they show a picture of his van, they could find out where the most consistent sightings would be and go from there. What do you all think?

That's what I was thinking -- the case might move along if they were putting Joshy's picture out everywhere...surely someone saw him while he was out "driving around with the kids".

But I don't think they can do that if he's not named a suspect...too bad, tho.

If he was drugging her, do you think he was doing it overtime? It's been mention that he rarely if ever made dinner, but he could of put it in other things. Maybe that night it killed her. Just a thought.

He may have been. If his plan was to drug her and go on a camping trip, I think he may have given her just enough to put her out for a couple hours. He probably didn't expect the friend to stay as long as she did. I personally think he was planning to put more drugs in her system when the friend left to make it look like a suicide. Some drugs have an extended release, and if he was on a "camping trip" it could possibly rule him out, depending on when the new dose took effect. Or at least maybe that was the thought. IMO, the friend was an obstacle to what ever his plan was at the time.

As much as I hate the idea of it, the 4 year old boy is holding the key to the 17-hour joyride with Daddy. They really need to get those kids away from the influence of Josh before those memories become replaced with fake memories recited to them!

Right. I'd ask the four year old one question: Where is mommy? And then just let him talk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea Briann