TN - Gail Nowacki Palmgren, 44, Signal Mountain, 30 April 2011 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
HI Fran. IMO, the news conference was for the family to get on TV and make a personal plea for Gail's safe return.

IMHO ---> I believe the SMPD and HCSO manipulated Gail's sister Diane into doing a PC with the PD & SHCSOIO within camera range to make it look like the local news media's pleas were being heard and FINALLY maybe some of there questions may finally have been answered (NOT!). I think this was a chance for the local LE to get DN to make "ANOTHER PLEA" for her sister GPl to come home. Mind you, she has been doing just that in the WalMart parking lot at the base of Signal Mtn. every chance she gets. Since she arrived in TN. almost 2 weeks ago, she and her brother KN, along with out of state friends and local neighbors have given more interviews that MP ever will. This was a staged media event that offered nothing new ... and benefited MP and the local LE. It was staged to help the "save face" and DN (sister) was a pawn in their VERY SLOW MOVING GAME of "Where's Gail". Unfortunately, this only reinforces my strong feelings that local LE should have requested TBI &/or FBI be called in to assist or better yet ... completely taking over the investigation of this wonderful persons disappearance. I am really "teed-off" at the "snail-like" pace at which this so-called Missing persons" investigation is moving ... or is it at all? I mean really come on !!! IMHO

Did Gail leave anything with the friend in Alabama that she was in touch with the day before?

As I have stated before if Gail took off on her own I still believe there would be at least ONE person who knows that she did this. If she had some huge master plan of leaving, including taking the money and other items than I truly believe she would have left and taken her kids with her.

Someone mentioned before that all this going on is just like the Lisa Stebic case (we in this area have a theory on what happened to her) and Stacy Peterson.

Again the fact that there has not been any confirmed sightings of her car--an easy car to identify. Nothing adds up in this case at all and in my opinion nothing adds up to her just leaving on her own.
I cannot believe more is not being done to help search for her.

BBM.. Me either...And I just read there is a "Gathering for Gail" set for Sat. at 4pm at Pruett's on Signal. And a search of woods, trails, neighborhoods set for Sun. 2-4pm

Why not an all day search for her on Saturday and Sunday?

BBM.. Me either...And I just read there is a "Gathering for Gail" set for Sat. at 4pm at Pruett's on Signal. And a search of woods, trails, neighborhoods set for Sun. 2-4pm

Why not an all day search for her on Saturday and Sunday?

TWO Hours???????? Wow, don't put yourself out people! Wow yeah this is a different community from Darden alright. WTF?????????

Originally Posted by hollyblue
She would have been in her teens when her mother passed. That must have been pretty tragic for her.

It was. She would NEVER do that to her own kids. Never.

Yes, she was a freshman in HS. That was the first year we met since we went to two different middle schools within the same district.

I agree their names should have not been revelaed but wasn't he the first one to put their names out there?

I believe he was but it is all becoming so clear to me he is probably not the most vivid color crayon in the box. Sorry, not very nice. going to my corner now :mad:

Is SMPD or the Sheriff's office participating, and if not, are there any experienced searchers who understand grids and chain of custody? TIA.

I know this will sound sexist, but could this be an example of a southern good 'ol boys network where everyone believe's the man's side of the story? Because, like Snowbunny said, they don't seem to be taking this very seriously. We are at Day 18 and there has been NO SEARCH WHATSOEVER!!!!! :banghead:

Ive been following a case here for over two years now..And I have just about had enough of the "Good Ole Boy" mentality that plaques our society as a whole...JMHO

Has anyone considered that she might have either,
1) left with someone that she wanted to leave with, or
2) met someone that had already been planned?

Just wondering and sorry if this has been discussed before.

Believe,

I don't think SMPD or HCSO is participating in the planned events this weekend. The difference between the searches (or lack thereof) here and in Parsons is that in Parsons the community was led by the police and TBI. We do not have that here. The people organizing the search are, I'm sure, grasping at straws trying to do whatever they can.

http://www.wrcbtv.com/Global/story.asp?S=14670002

Another report detailing the community-planned gathering and search for this weekend.

"A Gathering for Gail"

Saturday 4:00pm on May 21, 2011
@ PRUETTS Parking Lot
1210 Taft Hwy, #R
SIGNAL MOUNTAIN, TN
:praying: There will be a 5pm "Prayer Circle" with Minister Greg Nance of Signal Mountain Church of Christ. All are welcome and encouraged to bring friends and family with them both days.
http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=202241699812392

and

"SUNDAY SIGNAL SEARCH for GAIL"
Sunday @ 2pm on May 22, 2011
@ PRUETTS Parking Lot
1210 Taft Hwy, #R
SIGNAL MOUNTAIN, TN
http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=228237803860447:angel::praying:

Is SMPD or the Sheriff's office participating, and if not, are there any experienced searchers who understand grids and chain of custody? TIA.

Yes. There are several in the area.

Believe,

I don't think SMPD or HCSO is participating in the planned events this weekend. The difference between the searches (or lack thereof) here and in Parsons is that in Parsons the community was led by the police and TBI. We do not have that here. The people organizing the search are, I'm sure, grasping at straws trying to do whatever they can.

Thank you. Let me share why I think this is an idea that should be a last resort, in my experience.

• People can get lost or hurt.
  • Evidence can be destroyed.
  • There is a likliehood that people will be trespassing without prior authorization by law enforcement.
  • Without a grid and some organization by experienced searchers, there will be no way to clear areas.
  • There should be water, pest spray and first responders available to assist in an emergency situation.

Has anyone considered that she might have either,
1) left with someone that she wanted to leave with, or
2) met someone that had already been planned?

Just wondering and sorry if this has been discussed before.

To me if she wanted to leave on her own, even if she left most of her clothes, she would have taken her identification, credit cards, etc. she left her passport and some money with her neighbor, but apparently never came back to retrieve them. this is a very bad sign to me. MP was aware she removed her passport from the home. did this make him even more angry or threatened?

This is a question for anyone who might know Gail first hand or have first hand knowledge. Is she a nautral blond? Or is her hair dyed? Does she have a history of changing up her hair color? A particular salon she went to? If she does dye her hair, what is her natural hair color? TIA for anyone who might know this.

This is a question for anyone who might know Gail first hand or have first hand knowledge. Is she a nautral blond? Or is her hair dyed? Does she have a history of changing up her hair color? A particular salon she went to? If she does dye her hair, what is her natural hair color? TIA for anyone who might know this.

In her wedding picture it looks like her hair is auburn colored.

I know this will sound sexist, but could this be an example of a southern good 'ol boys network where everyone believe's the man's side of the story? Because, like Snowbunny said, they don't seem to be taking this very seriously. We are at Day 18 and there has been NO SEARCH WHATSOEVER!!!!! :banghead:

Yeah well, I was thinking the same thing!

To me if she wanted to leave on her own, even if she left most of her clothes, she would have taken her identification, credit cards, etc. she left her passport and some money with her neighbor, but apparently never came back to retrieve them. this is a very bad sign to me. MP was aware she removed her passport from the home. did this make him even more angry or threatened?

While I totally understand exactly where you're coming from- believe it or not if I were trying to 'leave' on my own (I don't have children, so that might change things a bit...) but I would leave as much ID including credit cards- actually especially credit cards and a DL- at home. You can't use a credit card- and if you get pulled over and you don't have a DL, well...you just tell them who you 'are' and then you get a citation to show up in court.. you move on (provided you haven't ya know, stolen the vehicle) and you're good to go a litle farther.

I'd take my passport because no cop is going to ask me for that. And it's as good an idea as any id anywhere.
What about her birth certificate? Safe deposite box in her name?

Frankly, I don't think this is the case here...but it is food for thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member