TN - Gail Nowacki Palmgren, 44, Signal Mountain, 30 April 2011 - #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hiding from LE? Doesn't like confrontation. imo

I wonder when these two times hiding were. One could have been the missing dog incident in November 2010.

Couldn't be April 22, because they were out at a stop sign, not at home.

Couldn't be April 24, because that was in Birmingham, not at home, and Matt wasn't there.

Couldn't be April 29, because they were at the police station, not at home.

And it couldn't be after Gail disappeared, because Arlene would have no way of knowing he'd hidden. At least none I can think of.

So... if one time was the missing dog in Nov 2010, when was the other time? Any ideas?

P.S. to Jade - thank you so very much for writing that all up & sharing it!

Jammer: why would she drive back and leave the children if she was scared of MP

Arlene: Only reason she would go back because MP threatened GP personally. GP would only leave children at house if MP threatened GP.

That makes no sense to me whatsoever. If someone, anyone, is threatening me, the very last thing I'd do is put my children right into their hands. They might harm my kids to get back at me.

Gail was too smart, and loved her children too much, for that to be her reason for leaving the kids with Matt.

If she was dumb, or uncaring about her kids and self-centered, looking for self-preservation at the cost of her kids, I could buy it, but every report about Gail says otherwise - that she was smart, and she loved and cared for her kids and was very involved with them.

You know what? If Gail was my sister and I was close to her, I wouldn't let my other siblings dictate my actions. JMO

Thoughtfox, I think that's a very good point. If she were my sister, I think I would do whatever I thought best honored her wishes. If that meant standing strong against my siblings, that's exactly what I would do.

I think the question of what Gail would want and what Gail would do is a good guide for handling all the efforts toward finding her and advocating for the children. IMO, for anybody--family or friends--to put their own wishes ahead of what Gail would want is just plain wrong. That, however, is my own moral barometer.

Related to that, I still have so much trouble understanding why suicide would be a leading theory. BeanE? I know you have a lot of experience doing this, and toward the end of the last thread, you said you thought the evidence pointed more to that explanation than any other. It just seems to go against nearly everything I've read about Gail through all the threads. I'd really like to hear more about this theory.

Our local news channel 12 just announced a 6:00 (Eastern time) update on the search for Gail--approximately 20 minutes from now.

Thanks Pearl. Channel 12 is very brief and to the point usually. Do you know if they have a live stream? TIA

Thanks Pearl. Channel 12 is very brief and to the point usually. Do you know if they have a live stream? TIA

Sorry. Don't know. I've never needed to know since I just flip on the TV. :)

[snipped for relevance to response]

Since I am one of the people who made comments in this regard, I want to just clarify what I meant by my posts.

I think if the two are indeed making decisions together, that is ideal.

The implication IMO was that they were instead at odds with each other over decision-making, and if that were the case, I think it would surely hinder progress.

A straight-forward and quick solution to that would be for the sibling closer to Gail to make the decision without hassle so the case could continue to move forward in the most productive way.

If the two have resolved their own conflicts, however--if any existed to begin with--that is by far the best scenario.

I understand. I guess what I should have said is that there has been no proof that they do not get along. AD has mentioned in her opinion that she did not think Gail was tight with the brother, but much of what she said, pretty much everything she has said cannot be backed up. I think when the same things are brought up in interviews and listeners hear AD response repeatedly then those responses sink in along with what has been proven. Others than repeat what they have heard and it gets fuzzy.

Believe9 and BeanE,
sorry to post and run but time and the holiday caught up with me. I am still on holiday and away from the computer but had to check in on the big case and wanted to swing by here.

I don’t have time to read threads so forgive and pass over if this all has been covered.

To clarify information in the Jammer interview that was new or had more details unknown to me, at least, and I thought was worthy of discussion on WS.

Points of interest:

GP planning on moving to the lake house from SM when school out

Arlene said GP did say it was MP she was scared of in the pick me up call

Her Catholic religion is what kept her in the marriage. She felt once married should stay married.

Arlene sketching a portrait of GPs state as well-adjusted and normal and any problems directly and exclusively connected to MP

GP very crafty made big deal of holidays.

Found enjoyment in simple pleasures good sense of humor

Turned around to take picture of a funny sign to put on her Facebook

When it came to MP - mean drunk

Verbally abusive when drinking -is really hard on the son.

MP routinely kept very close track of GP

Police were called when MP got out of the car because it scared the children

Told about dog incident MP mad because the electric fence collar left off

MP hid behind dog house one time from LE and hid in house another time

MP side says MP nerdy messy not as smart as Gail not the type to pull off such a crime

Arlene had meet MP a few times but barely talked.

She and her son installed the security camera because MP couldn’t fix anything himself he wasn’t mechanical at all

Arlene could tell MP intelligent but seemed no common sense

When questioned about why that amount of money A had told Gail she needed 6 month money supply to live on because in ala it takes that long to get a hearing in court

She tries to call GP cell phone goes straight to voice mail.

Jammer quizzing what would Gail be doing up on the remote trail. A doesn’t know. Asked who with GP only thing she could think was it may have been mistress in car. Jammer: Mistress has alibi for being a passenger. Arlene said I thought that it was different weekend at softball tourney. J says apparently a firm alibi
Asked was Arlene the passenger No she said she was at exes 50th party and had witnesses

Jammer closely questioning credit card charge:

Arlene when picking up the hard drive signed or approved the charge to GPs credit card.

GP had already given them the credit card but it was for 75 the service fee if they didn’t find anything but if they did it was going to be 200.
Arlene was going to pick up day before GP disappeared but it was still on Ups? truck. She couldn’t get it until the Monday after the disappearance.
At that time she Arlene approved / signed ? for the 200 payment.

Hard drive contained footage of an argument. MP had erased it but it was recovered.

Arlene would agree to have her local LE make a copy but she was not going to let her original go because GP had entrusted it to A.

Told Jammer they talked every single day.

She did not know that GP had seen a psychiatrist in Birmingham but shrugged it off GP didn’t know every detail of her life either.

Jammer: why would she drive back and leave the children if she was scared of MP

Arlene: Only reason she would go back because MP threatened GP personally. GP would only leave children at house if MP threatened GP.

MP gone through $20,000 since disappearance

She was a little depressed. No crazier than me but people do say I am umm… fun to be with

Didn’t discount deny that she might leave but not this long without seeing the children

Doesn’t think she is alive. Crying heart breaking

Foot note: Don’t have a link but it appears MPs counsel is going through his own divorce. It was in the Times Free Press over the weekend.

IMO

This guy's a real winner. Unfortunately, I have a brother-in-law who is similar in many ways, but my husband's sister has yet to push it to the point of divorce. The being hard on the son sounds especially familiar :(

Wow. Brief indeed! I think three sentences.

• Matt's mother's house being searched tonight

• TBI reviewing the case

• No breakthroughs at this time

Did I miss anything?

Look at the picture with the story here. Is that a red Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 4 dr parked in front of Matt's mom's apartment? Or am I hallucinating again? (I really know no more than color and small/medium/large when it comes to vehicles.)

http://www.chattanoogan.com/articles/article_204620.asp

Photo by Brent McDonald (See video on Channel 9)
article_204620_large.jpg

From Sleuthy's link:

Detectives Search Julanne Palmgren's Apartment

July 06, 2011 5:37 PM

We spoke with John Cavett, attorney for Julanne Palmgren, Matthew's mother. He said they gave authorities permission to search the apartment.

The mother has lawyer also?

Twitter hopping a bit with the search. I'm collecting the reporter tweets here:

http://keepstream.com/CaseSignal/gail-palmgren-case-tweet-archive

Ok, I think the pic of the red jeep in the parking lot is eerie, and I think the pic of the apartment door--close up with apartment number and even door decoration--is very tacky and unnecessary. JMO. The media apparently has come absolutely as close as possible to going inside to participate in the search!

We spoke with John Cavett, attorney for Julanne Palmgren, Matthew's mother. He said they gave authorities permission to search the apartment.

The mother has lawyer also?

http://www.martindale.com/John-C-Cavett-Jr/1599022-lawyer.htm

http://www.cavett-abbott.com/profiles/1028183a.htm

Excellent reputation locally.

ETA: We have another attorney in town with last name Cavett, which is even part of the name of the firm. This "Cavett" is not John, and it is not the same firm.

Okay, I'm officially freakin' at the red Jeep.

I don't understand why the photographer would take the picture, nor the editor publish the picture, without some sort of caption or explanation. And...without a good explanation, it seems in very poor taste IMO.

That makes no sense to me whatsoever. If someone, anyone, is threatening me, the very last thing I'd do is put my children right into their hands. They might harm my kids to get back at me.

Gail was too smart, and loved her children too much, for that to be her reason for leaving the kids with Matt.

If she was dumb, or uncaring about her kids and self-centered, looking for self-preservation at the cost of her kids, I could buy it, but every report about Gail says otherwise - that she was smart, and she loved and cared for her kids and was very involved with them.

BBM Maybe she knew the "person" she was most afraid of would not be there. Maybe she knew that because she was going to be with that person. Maybe at home was the safest place for them at the time, in her mind. JMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni