The Verdict - Do you agree or disagree?

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is nothing to do, not accepting what happened doesn't change anything. However, after reading through the articles linked on the current media links page, my stomach is again rolling with disgust. The kind of nausea that probably would come if I smelled decomposition in a car. IMO, the jury went for the defense "Jerry Springer" opening, and nothing else mattered after that (except what they thought supported that opening statement). IMO, the majority (and foreman especially) were not brooking any dissent, deliberation or discussion about finding her guilty on any of the charges related to the first 3 counts of the indictment.

The only thing I can do now is boycott any media outlet that gives JB a talking head job, publishes a book by XICA, CA, LA or GA (he's lost my sympathy too since he hasn't packed his bags and washed his hands of the whole lot of them), or publishes/broadcasts an interview with the biggest liar I've ever seen (and I've seen a lot of 'em). :sick:

reminds me how oj team was shocked at his verdict, including oj...kinda eerie similar path here...imo

I'll never forget the look on Kardashian's face when they announced the verdict, he was stunned.

The verdict that this jury of peers delivered is unfathomable. I am still SO angry that I can hardly visit here.

Someone please do right by wee Caylee and deliver her her due justice.

I think I'm gonna be sick. Still. Again. Geez.

The verdict that this jury of peers delivered is unfathomable. I am still SO angry that I can hardly visit here.

Someone please do right by wee Caylee and deliver her her due justice.

I think I'm gonna be sick. Still. Again. Geez.

BBM-my feelings exactly.

:maddening::banghead: I totally DISAGREE with the "Verdict" ...

:maddening::banghead: I do NOT "respect the "Verdict" ...

:maddening::banghead: I will NEVER "accept" the Verdict ...

:waitasec::waitasec: I wonder if there would have been a "Guilty Verdict" if the Jury had been selected from Orange County, instead of Pinellas County ?

:maddening::banghead::maddening:

You know what??..yes..indeed..WE do NOT have to agree/Accept nor Respect such a verdict..and I have to use THIS CASE as an example of HOLDing ALL those responsible to any child and their Heath and Welfare be ON NOTICE..It is NOT enough to suggest, do pressors, nor claim abuse nor lack of knowledge..It has to become law somehow that those that are in custody of "Child of Tender Age" are HELD RESPONISBLE for whatever happens to them..100% and IF something happens to them ALL best report or have FULL informations or else they will be held accountable for "ABUSE and Child Neglect"

In this case..CA at least reported Caylee as missing..but CA, George and Lee spent 3 years Media CIrculating false INFO, and JB et-al~ did much the same..As much as I love "Sunshine Laws"..Maybe " GAG ORDER" might have been helpful..and would have SHUT UP CA and GA!! Defense Cra$$olla

I am so miffed with KA being out in society I could spit.....But other than afew Contract offers I havent heard much for the past week or so..KC please FALL OFF THE FACE OF THE EARTH!!.Sooner the better..Dont wish to hear another word, claim> much less any offer forever!!

If you're talking Natalee Holloway, Joran was never arrested by the US as the US didn't have jurisdiction in Aruba. Apparently, the Aruban authorities didn't feel there was enough evidence to charge him as he was never charged in Natalee's disappearance.

If you're talking about the recent extortion attempt on Beth Holloway, he would be arrested if he set foot on American soil.

My understanding... and I could be completely misinformed, was the US was still watching him with and through the Arubian authorities (until he left for Peru of course).

My point is, IMO, LE frequently monitors the person of interest while they gather more evidence. Sometimes while monitoring they see first hand new evidence to lead to an arrest. I just don't think in this case they were monitoring anything, they jumped the gun and made an arrest and surrounded the rest of the investigation around that. MOO though :)

My understanding... and I could be completely misinformed, was the US was still watching him with and through the Arubian authorities (until he left for Peru of course).

My point is, IMO, LE frequently monitors the person of interest while they gather more evidence. Sometimes while monitoring they see first hand new evidence to lead to an arrest. I just don't think in this case they were monitoring anything, they jumped the gun and made an arrest and surrounded the rest of the investigation around that. MOO though :)

I hardly think LE jumped the gun in arresting FCA. She was arrested on 7/16 on charges on child neglect and lying to investigators and released on bond 8/21/08. Those charges were substantiated by her own statements. She was re-arrested on the check charges on 8/28/08 after that investigation had concluded and released on bail 9/5/08. She was not arrested on the murder charge until 10/14/08 after the grand jury indicted her. Please tell me how they jumped the gun ?

I hardly think LE jumped the gun in arresting FCA. She was arrested on 7/16 on charges on child neglect and lying to investigators and released on bond 8/21/08. Those charges were substantiated by her own statements. She was re-arrested on the check charges on 8/28/08 after that investigation had concluded and released on bail 9/5/08. She was not arrested on the murder charge until 10/14/08 after the grand jury indicted her. Please tell me how they jumped the gun ?

Perfect post Sustained - much respect for this one!

So........Logical.....:innocent:

The 'verdict' had absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with the evidence, the truth, the law, the juror's sworn oaths, nor justice. IMO.

I believe the outrage felt by so many is normal, healthy, and justified.

I completely disagree with a not guilty verdict. I did not expect them to convict on DP, but not to convict on SOMETHING is shocking. People have been convicted on much less evidence. You don't really want to know that I think about this jury, but at a minimum they did not understand circumstantial evidence, they were in a hurry, they were lazy, and apparently very gullible. That's the nicest thing I can say about them.

The fact that the rest of the jurors have not come forward and spoken makes me wonder if some of them are really regretting their decisions. I hope they are haunted by it for the rest of their lives.

I completely disagree with all the "not guilty" verdicts.

It is also my opinion that none of the jurors understood the meaning of a circumstantial case, or that circumstantial evidence is to be given the same weight as direct evidence in deliberations.

Although presented with a wealth of circumstantial evidence that far exceeded the legal standard of "reasonable double", they would only convict on direct evidence, a "smoking gun" or an actual time-and-date-stamped video of Casey committing the murder.

Shame on these jurors for not devoting the earnest commitment to reviewing all the evidence, testimony and judge's charges that was their sworn duty. I find it to be reprehensible and inexcusable.

The Not Guilty Verdict was wrong - so wrong.

But what was equally wrong was a jury who believed if they voted guilty on even the first charge of capital murder - they were sentencing her to death.
That simply is not true. Not for the most severe charge and not for the other two.

As soon as two jurors made that statement, there needed to be some kind of way within the justice system that a mistrial could immediately be called.

The Jury was not there to decide anything except guilty or not guilty.

I just can't say that enough times. What we saw was ONLY the GUILT phase
Following the Guilt phase is the Penalty Phase. Even for the most severe of the charges, the jury had every right to vote LWOP.

The first crime here was the Not Guilty Verdict. The second crime was having a jury who cared so little for their responsibilities they didn't even take the time to understand what they were there to do. Un freaking believable!! May it haunt them forever.

If my child had been hidden in the woods to decompose (murder or accident), I would expect a jury to look into all the evidence to try and determine if the evidence was credible and to follow that evidence to the guilty party.

Caylee deserved at least that much from these 12 people. Heck, it has been said that Casey sat and read thousands of pages of testimony and reports. Why wouldn't a jury do that?

I am in total disagreement with the verdict. I think that verdict was the biggest cop-out ever.

On 7/16, the only story they knew was of a kidnapping. Although they may not have believed it, that is all that they knew for the time. How does that constitute child neglect?

On 7/16, the only story they knew was of a kidnapping. Although they may not have believed it, that is all that they knew for the time. How does that constitute child neglect?
Not reporting your child missing for 31 days to the authorities is child neglect, at least in Florida.

She did not report that her daughter had been kidnapped. By the time CA reported Caylee missing, it was too late for an Amber alert. Valuable time had been lost.

She did not report that her daughter had been kidnapped. By the time CA reported Caylee missing, it was too late for an Amber alert. Valuable time had been lost.

Actually FKC did not report either that her child was missing for 31 days OR that she was kidnapped 31 days ago.

Cindy reported her missing when she made that 911 call.

FKC didn't report her missing at all - ever. Because she was the child's mother and her only legal guardian, that is definitely child neglect in any state.

It constitutes child neglect because KC was Caylee's mother ... her protector, her caretaker, her guardian, and KC did nothing but tell LE lies. She was totally negligent in not reporting her daughter missing for 31 days. (IMO unless Cindy had finally called 911, KC, TO THIS DAY, wouldn't have told anyone that Caylee had been missing.) LE had a duty, under the law, to arrest her for that on July 16, 2008.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth