Meredith Kercher murdered-Amanda Knox appeals conviction #21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you all for the warm welcome. The arguments for innoscence seem pretty cut adn dry, guilt is a little harder to wade though because it appears the forensic evidence is useless to me.... I'm tying to concentrate on the timeline to make sence on things. So here are some questions and thoughts I have:

Did MK have mushrooms in her digestive tract?
Seems like the forensics regarding the footprints, knife, dna show innocence as there was no MK dna on knife blade or proven blood, no MK dna in the bloody footprints, and the knife didn't even seem to be the murder weapon (no match for the print on the pillowcase). Soooo, AK and RS said they were home all night..... That seems to be untrue per computer records, phone calls, and eyewitnesses. I'm left with "why lie"?? Am I missing something? So if the store owner saw AK at 7:30 am the morning MK was found dead perhaps she could have cleaned up, but could she get rid of all DNA? Ditto on the wet mop bucket at RS house, could they have gotten it all up? Also, MK door was locked, I read the window had large shards of glass left in it, how did they all get out that window without leaving DNA or breaking the glass, was there a lot found outside? Whose fingerprints were found on MK phone from which the call was made for an account balance? I'm also foggy on the phone call made from MK to her mother, the time in Italy it was made and the relevence!!

Anyone out there that can clear any of this up??

Hard to clean up DNA that is invisible to the naked eye or not to leave any DNA in a very messy murder. Here is the conclusion of the experts. The entire report is at this link as well

ITEM 36 (KNIFE)
Relative to the genetic analysis performed on trace A (handle of the knife), we agree with the conclusion reached by the Technical Consultant regarding the attribution of the genetic profile obtained from these samples to Amanda Marie Knox.

Relative to trace B (blade of the knife) we find that the technical analyses performed are not reliable for the following reasons:

1. There does not exist evidence which scientifically confirms that trace B (blade of knife) is the product of blood.

2. The electrophoretic profiles exhibited reveal that the sample indicated by the letter B (blade of knife) was a Low Copy Number (LCN) sample, and, as such, all of the precautions indicated by the international scientific community should have been applied.

3. Taking into account that none of the recommendations of the international scientific community relative to the treatment of Low Copy Number (LCN) samples were followed, we do not accept the conclusions regarding the certain attribution of the profile found on trace B (blade of knife) to the victim Meredith Susanna Cara Kercher, since the genetic profile, as obtained, appears unreliable insofar as it is not supported by scientifically validated analysis;

4. International protocols of inspection, collection, and sampling were not followed;

5. It cannot be ruled out that the result obtained from sample B (blade of knife) derives from contamination in some phase of the collection and/or handling and/or analyses performed.

ITEM 165B (BRA CLASPS)

Relative to Item 165B (bra clasps), we find that the technical analysis is not reliable for the following reasons:

1. There does not exist evidence which scientifically confirms the presence of supposed flaking cells on the item;

2. There was an erroneous interpretation of the electrophoretic profile of the autosomic STRs;

3. There was an erroneous interpretation of the electrophoretic profile relative to the Y chromosome;

4. The international protocols for inspection, collection, and sampling of the item were not followed;

5. It cannot be ruled out that the results obtained derive from environmental contamination and/or contamination in some phase of the collection and/or handling of the item.

THE EXPERTS
Prof. Carla Vecchiotti
Prof. Stefano Conti

http://knoxdnareport.wordpress.com/contents/conclusions-2/

I hate this kind of argument. There either is or isn't enough evidence to convict. The Kercher's loss has to bearing on that. I hope that it is not effective, but I worry that it might be. :(
Worries me, too....

I think it is an appeal to emotion and guilt, and unfair to the defendants. ETA: Thanks for link and quote, have reposted on JREF.

Any good links to interviews with the parents of MK on why they are so dead set on AK guilt?

I hate this kind of argument. There either is or isn't enough evidence to convict. The Kercher's loss has to bearing on that. I hope that it is not effective, but I worry that it might be. :(

I am truly of the firm belief that they have already arrived at a decision. I don't think anything AK or the Kerchers' say will have any bearing.

Notwithstanding my compassion for their loss, this is also beside the point in terms of the appeal:

In one of the few TV interviews they have granted, Kercher's sister Stephanie and mother Arline said attention should focus on justice for the victim, not Knox or her ex-boyfriend Raffaele Sollecito.
"In this whole case — going on four years — Meredith has been forgotten," Stephanie Kercher said in a recorded interview on RAI public television this month.
"The attention has completely moved from Meredith to Amanda and Raffaele," she said. "She was lovely, kind and we lost her."
http://www.usatoday.com/news/world/story/2011-09-30/amanda-knox-trial/50617372/1?csp=34news

I am truly of the firm belief that they have already arrived at a decision. I don't think anything AK or the Kerchers' say will have any bearing.

AllusonZ,

What do you think that decision is?

I think it's terrible for a jury to make a decision on anything other than the evidence. The evidence either convicts or it doesn't.

I hope you are correct. It should be based on facts, and not emotional appeals, whether from Knox and Sollecito, or the Kerchers.

one thing that really bothers me, correct me if I'm wrong, did Rudy ever say it was THEM? Ddin't he say, he had no idea? What would be the point of covering their involvement up if he's already sentenced, could he just be playing "dumb" for the lessor sentence, assuming the three are involved?

AllusonZ,

What do you think that decision is?

I think it's terrible for a jury to make a decision on anything other than the evidence. The evidence either convicts or it doesn't.

I believe they will be aquitted. There is simply no evidence that points to them that is why the prosecution has had to resort to character assassination during the final arguments. If they had evidence they would be pointing to it. The prosecution arrested them without the forensics being done and declared case closed. One can have a gut feeling but ultimately LE must follow the evidence and they did not in this case instead they tried to mold the evidence to fit them. They started with a satanic drug fueled sex orgy by a prosecutor that is appealing a prosecutorial misconduct conviction. The motive they now state is NOTHING. Yikes my list is so long thus better stop while I am ahead

one thing that really bothers me, correct me if I'm wrong, did Rudy ever say it was THEM? Ddin't he say, he had no idea? What would be the point of covering their involvement up if he's already sentenced, could he just be playing "dumb" for the lessor sentence, assuming the three are involved?
First it was an unknown person/persons; then a shadow that looked like Raffaele; then it was definitely the 2 of them. Guede is a self-serving liar.

Oh I hope you're right. These two have been wrongly convicted. I can look at the evidence and it tells the story. So very botched.

I believe they will be aquitted. There is simply no evidence that points to them that is why the prosecution has had to resort to character assassination during the final arguments. If they had evidence they would be pointing to it. The prosecution arrested them without the forensics being done and declared case closed. One can have a gut feeling but ultimately LE must follow the evidence and they did not in this case instead they tried to mold the evidence to fit them. They started with a satanic drug fueled sex orgy by a prosecutor that is appealing a prosecutorial misconduct conviction. The motive they now state is NOTHING. Yikes my list is so long thus better stop while I am ahead
Only problem is, there was just as little at the first trial. But with the independent experts, and Hellman at the helm, let us hope that yes, acquittal is pending...

Any good links to interviews with the parents of MK on why they are so dead set on AK guilt?

John Kercher has written a number of articles, and recently a letter Stephanie Kercher wrote to the family's lawyer was published. It will take some time for me to find them.

ETA: Here is a story about Stephanie's letter.

Saw this link on PMF and am posting here and on JREF: Hope the jury does not share this Italian misconception:

ACCICLICO

Amanda Knox: 1 million dollars to change her image

Amanda Knox has spent a million dollars to change its image and influence the jury.

The verdict of the appeal of the young American Amanda Knox, accused of the murder, which occurred in 2007, his British roommate Meredith Kercher, will be delivered next Monday, the court upheld a judge in Perugia.

One of pmdurante the case against Amanda Knox, said today that the Knox family had spent a million dollars to change the image of the girl and influence the jury.

" Have you ever seen a defendant takes a great public relations company ? "Exclaimed the prosecutor Giuliano Mignini, while the family of the accused shook his head in denial.

" Behind her was a communication campaign for a million dollars. And would she, what has been crucified by the media? " the prosecutor said, citing a phrase used defense lawyer Carlo Dalla Vedova
http://www.aciclico.com/approfondimenti/amanda-knox-un-milione-di-dollari-per-cambiare-immagine.html

I think it is an appeal to emotion and guilt, and unfair to the defendants. ETA: Thanks for link and quote, have reposted on JREF.

Agreed, I think it puts the jury in a tough position to make a decision based on something other than evidence, or lack thereof.

BLNadeau Barbie Latza Nadeau
Monday lineup: Ghirga rebuttal, #sollecito, #amandaknox declarations, judge/jury will deliberate for several hrs, then verdict.

ETA: Glad this was reiterated:

andreavogt Andrea Vogt
MDG: Forensic biologist Stefanoni testified traces were blood despite conducting tests that showed negative for blood.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth