WA WA - Sky Metalwala, 2, Bellevue, 6 Nov 2011 - # 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's almost like her life has been a facade.Being the perfect mom, having the nice house, family, hubby,beautiful children, until the walls started crashing in somewhere in 2010. Obviously she has some sort of mental illness IMO and I agree her friendship with Shelby is along the lines of keeping up with the "Jonses" if you will. I also believe Shelby is a victim in all this mental mess.

Isn't it odd for mediation to go for 11 hours? I would think they would stop and give it a rest if things hadn't been wrapped up in a reasonable amount of time. After all, regardless of the situation, the stress of being there must be exhausting--which I'd think would NOT be conducive to getting an agreement.

Not that it matters really, it's just been bugging me.

I had the same thought. After about 3 hours, I can't imagine thinking that mediation would be helpful, and would result in a binding agreement between these two.

Someone asked what dad does? He owns a store from what I see and mom is a full time mom...as a single woman? <Mod Snip>. Ive not yet met a single mom who stays home. The drama between both of them is money. I bet we will see that unfold.

Does anyone else find it odd that LE said questioning the 4yo was "frustrating"? I can't imagine they really expected to get too much info from a child that young. And even if she did tell them something, how credible would that information be?? It just struck me as strange to phrase it that way - frustrating. It seems a bit off but maybe I'm just reading too much into it.

I am hoping that there is some grocery store, Target, Wal-Mart etc., that has surveillance video of JB going food shopping at some point within the last month.

Does anyone else find it odd that LE said questioning the 4yo was "frustrating"? I can't imagine they really expected to get too much info from a child that young. And even if she did tell them something, how credible would that information be?? It just struck me as strange to phrase it that way - frustrating. It seems a bit off but maybe I'm just reading too much into it.

I think what is frustrating is that they can tell by what she is saying that she did not actually SEE Sky in the car. Like they might have asked, "Did you see Sky in mommy's arms at home or just a blanket" and she said "Just a blanket" and they figured it all the way up to her not seeing the boy at all in the car. But then she says she saw him sitting next to her in the car seat and that he was "sleeping."

The thing is, the child just might be remembering the other times she saw him in the car and they kinda know she didn't really see him sleeping. But she keeps saying she saw him so they are stuck.

:twocents::twocents::twocents:

This is travel info from the US Dept. of State:

To travel to Canada http://travel.state.gov/travel/cis_pa_tw/cis/cis_1082.html:

"If a U.S. citizen traveling to Canada does not have a passport, passport card, or approved alternate document such as a NEXUS card, they must show a government-issued photo ID (e.g. Driver’s License) and proof of U.S. citizenship such as a U.S. birth certificate, naturalization certificate, or expired U.S. passport. Children under 16 need only present proof of U.S. citizenship."

And to get back to the US:

"When returning to the United States from Canada, it is very important to note that all U.S. citizens are required to present a valid U.S. passport to enter or re-enter the United States via air. The only exception to this requirement is for U.S. citizens under the age of 16 (or under 19, if traveling with a school, religious, or other youth group) who need only present a birth certificate (original, photocopy or certified copy), Consular Report of Birth Abroad, or naturalization certificate."

And to get to Russia:

Russia has very stringent travel requirements and restrictions. You can read about them here http://travel.state.gov/travel/cis_pa_tw/cis/cis_1006.html

I think it would be very difficult to sneak him into either country and damn near impossible to get him back into the US.

Of course the interview is frustrating. The mom has been putting crap in her head for at least the past year building up to this custody trial. Shes going to have to be deprogrammed. I looked at the Metalwala Christmas photos from 2009. She was on her father's lap. She looked happy and comfortable. And now we see shes so terrified to even see him. I have no doubt her mom helped her become that way. Its sad and twisted.

Well after listening to the recordings on moms blog...I can only imagine making that child do something she doesn't want to do...or maybe I should say, do something she's been instructed not to do. kwim

So based on the comments beneath the article regarding that particular Chevron - she walked for over half an hour, four year old daughter in tow, past numerous houses, apartment buildings and businesses, to go get gas from a gas station that hadn't carried gas for at least a month and then after calling a friend to come and help her, she/they returned to the car with no gas to discover the ill toddler she had left there alone in an unlocked car was missing? Do I have this right?

I need to sit on my hands immediately because the urge to scream and name call are strong upon me right now.

I think they need to ask different questions from her. Like "Do you know the song Wheels on the Bus. I like that song. I sing that song in the car with my kids. Do you sing songs in the car with your brother? What kinds of songs did you sing on the way to the hospital?" That will open it up for her to say if he was "sleeping" or whatever. The questions have to be asked cleverly and more conversation because she is primed to say certain things.

There is a lot of range in the conversational ability of 4 year olds. I took that to mean she's one of those 4 year olds who doesn't seem to be able to give a clear accounting of things. You know how some kids that age can tell their Mommy's name, their address, phone number, what they had for breakfast, what their brother had for breakfast, and some 4 year olds give you blank stares or vague or flat out untruthful "guesses" to that information.

Also, I think they were fully expecting her to say he wasn't in the car, and her stating he was frustrated the direction the investigation was taking.

Crossing over to Canada from WA you don't need a Passport- I have an "enhanced" ID- you have to show BC and other identification proof to get it.

And if you a parent traveling with your child under 18 if the other parent isn't present you have to have a notarized signed document giving you permission to take the child across the boarder- and yes they take this seriously- my sister couldn't take my Nephew because they didn't have husbands permission and he was 13 or 14 at the time-
Also they can refuse anyone entry just last year my nephew (same one- think the universe is telling him not to go to Canada) could not go on planed ski trip because one of the guys with him had a DUI on his record,he wasn't driving-

Did I read someplace that she did not have her purse with her? Did she have an insurance card, or some other method of obtaining medical care for the baby at the hospital she was allegedly going to?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni