GUILTY MO - Russell, 34, & Rebecca Porter, 46, Willard, 17 April 2011

more at link, with video:

"Somebody Took Them Down There and Executed Them," Porter Family Says (KSPR)
---
"We're happy that they found Becky, but we are shocked the way they had to die out there in the middle of nowhere," said Darrell Hufft, Becky Porter's brother. "it's pretty hard to take."
---
"All that's left is a little facial tissue. That the bodies are so bad that you couldn't recognize them. It makes me sick," [Tim] Campbell said, with tears in his eyes.
---
Sheriff Arnott said "a lot of evidence" was left with the bodies.
---

If they were taken to the location where the remains were found to be executed, what would be the reason for the strong odor of bleach in the house?

but truth be told...if it was apparent one of my loved ones were missing and thier personal items and/or other signs seemed to indicate something very wrong, I would be tempted to splash some bleach around, break a glass/window or two. While I am loathe to distrurb a crime scene, too often LE just doesn't taking missing serioiusly enough.

While I say it in jest, I really do mean it....I have informed all my family members if my car is abandoned/personal items/etc and I am missing...that in and of itself is indicative of foul play. While it may be something else like a head injury, the chances of foul play are much greater.

If they were taken to the location where the remains were found to be executed, what would be the reason for the strong odor of bleach in the house?

but truth be told...if it was apparent one of my loved ones were missing and thier personal items and/or other signs seemed to indicate something very wrong, I would be tempted to splash some bleach around, break a glass/window or two. While I am loathe to distrurb a crime scene, too often LE just doesn't taking missing serioiusly enough.

While I say it in jest, I really do mean it....I have informed all my family members if my car is abandoned/personal items/etc and I am missing...that in and of itself is indicative of foul play. While it may be something else like a head injury, the chances of foul play are much greater.

Very interesting. The thought to do something like that if I found a loved one missing would have never crossed my mind but I totally get your point.

Anything new on this? Autopsy was to be done on Monday. LE is waiting othe autopsy to determine the "official" COD and some other useful info.

"We're Sure It's Her"; Porter's Bodies To Be Sent Out Of State For Further Testing:

Taney County Coroner Kevin Tweedy says specialized and reconstructive testing will be performed on two bodies found last week in rural part of the county.

Those bodies are believed to belong to Becky and Rusty Porter who went missing from their Willard home in April. "We're sure the female it's her (Becky).....the dental's match up, but the sheriff (Greene County) asked that the bodies be sent to a lab in Texas for anthropological study."

http://crimesceneinvestigations.blogspot.com/2011/07/were-sure-its-her-porters-bodies-to-be.html

Taney County Coroner Kevin Tweedy says he has received confirmation from a forensic lab in Texas that the human remains of a male found murdered in rural Taney County last month are those of Rusty Porter.

This comes on the same day funeral services for Porter's wife, Becky, were held.

Becky and Rusty Porter went missing from their home in Willard in April. After an exhaustive three month search a Taney County deputy, acting on a tip, discovered the couples bodies

http://crimesceneinvestigations.blogspot.com/2011/08/body-found-in-rural-taney-county-was.html

Searchers found the two sets of remains in a rural, vacant area of Taney County near Protem in July. The sheriffs of Greene and Taney counties held a news conference after the remains were found and said the Porters' deaths definitely were homicides.

Tweedy said Wednesday that the lab has not identified their causes of death, although Greene County Sheriff Jim Arnott said in July that there was enough evidence to know how they died, even though he wouldn't elaborate. Arnott couldn't say in which county the Porters were killed.

http://www.ky3.com/news/ky3-taney-c...efinitely-identified-20110824,0,3188654.story

Funeral services have been announced for a man from Willard who was found murdered in a remote rural area of Taney County in July.

In mid April Rusty Porter and his wife, Rebecca Hufft Elsworth-Porter, were reported missing from their home near Willard. In July, a Taney County deputy following up on a tip found the couples remains near Protem.

Visitation for Russell "Rusty" Porter will be held on October 1, at 11:00 a.m. at Glad Tidings Assembly of God on Atlantic Street in Springfield. Funeral services will follow at 1:00 p.m.

http://crimesceneinvestigations.blogspot.com/2011/09/funeral-services-set-for-rusty-porter.html

Unbelieveable!!! Gee....I wonder why THAT happened. Hopefully someone saw SOMETHING.....ANYTHING that would point to the person who did it.....if it indeed was an "Intentional Fire".....And its hard to believe that considering the circumstances surrounding the Porters Murders, that it wouldn't have been an "Intentional Fire"......And the Plot Thickens

This is truly sad. I have friends who live in that region, and I asked them about this case a month or so ago. They told me that all the rumors around there are that drugs were involved, so likely nobody is trying too darn hard to really find answers. I guess the mindset is that if you were involved in drugs, you deserved what you got.... I dont really get it... if someone is out there murdering folks, they need to be caught and dealt with!

Greene County Sheriff Jim Arnott said today he feels “pretty close” to resolving the homicide investigation of a Willard couple who vanished from their home one year ago.

About two dozen family members of Rusty and Rebecca Porter were present at a 10 a.m. news conference when Arnott said a $20,000 reward will be offered for information that leads to an arrest. Arnott said the reward is funded by $5,000 from Crime Stoppers and $15,000 from the family.

http://www.news-leader.com/article/...ld-missouri?odyssey=tab|topnews|img|FRONTPAGE

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leannamj
Back