State vs. Jason Lynn Young 2-20-2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
People want DIRECT evidence. Direct evidence is an eyewitness, for instance.

So the PT puts on an eyewitness ... someone who interacted with JY at the gas station she worked at, and pointed him out not only in court, but 2 days after the murder. There is a cash receipt which corroborates her testimony. She not only ID'd the person, she ID'd his vehicle, without anyone prompting her.

But she is not believed.

You really can't win.

I hope she tells me how to delete my internet history on my work computer. :floorlaugh:

BBM and ditto.

I will say this, even though there's nothing to assume but that JY killed his wife, I would never, ever convict based on an assumption.

What some might call an assumption or speculation, others might call an inference...

Jmo

We always talk about how the CSI effect causes juries to require more "a ha" evidence these days, but I think it has been detrimental on another front as well. I think it gives perps insider info they wouldn't have otherwise had--info that provides a possible roadmap for avoiding detection. Nothing is foolproof, thank goodness, but I can envision a potential perp watching CSI shows/trials like this thinking, "Hmmm, so if they can detect 'a' by using 'b,' I'll do 'x' to avoid leaving 'y.'"

I'm sure they (LE) hold back a lot of things (I hope so), but I cringe a bit at the things we learn during these trials.
This computer info is a good example. I find it fascinating, as I did in the BC trial, but if I was looking to do someone in, I now know a lot more about how info is stored than I did previously.

Anatomy of a knock out was one search on the computer.

Head + trauma + blackout another search on YAHOO.com.

In response to the the young day care teacher congratulating JY for having a baby on the way he tells the teacher that is the only way he can get MF to have sex with him. This guy is so way beyond appropriate!!!!

Just hoping that the jurors will accommodate him and send him to a place where he can get all he wants!!!
icon10.gif
He'll be a happy, happy man!!!! :please:

just had to say it ...

Unable to associate time or date of the searches.

I find that shocking especially with technology today

Between this case, and the BC case, I'm convinced I need to wipe all my computers thoroughly. I've searched for enough craziness that I think it would likely convict me of any method of murder.

Head trauma blackout....Head blow knockout

Car wreck, seriously Jay?

What some might call an assumption or speculation, others might call an inference...

Jmo
True.

I would not convict on inference or speculation, either, because it would nag the back of my mind, 'What if...'

Of course it would then bother me if I voted not guilty and what if he did it.

I don't envy juries. Either way, they probably still think and ponder their decision.

IMO

Every time these computer experts testify during a trial and relate what they find I am positive that if my computer is ever searched I am going down.

Every trial I watch I end up researching a few things on my computer. Over the years...wow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SashaRhea82