17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM

Mod note:

LinasK, I am jumping off of your post because it was convenient, but it is by no means directed toward you specifically. I have seen this comment made several times so I want to take the opportunity to clairfy WS stance on the "victim friendly" issue.

I had a discussion with the owners about how we were to deal with this. This is what I was advised:

At this point in the investigation we don't KNOW exactly who ALL the victims are now. We KNOW that Trayvon is a victim, because he is dead. :( However, news breaks and new leaks come forth everyday and it is still unclear whether Zimmerman was a victim of any violence. Until more verifiable FACTS are available, WS has chose to err on the side of treating both the confirmed (Trayvon) AND potential (Zimmerman) victim, both as victims.

Like I said, that may change after we have more verifiable information.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
That is how I see it too.

I have to say - I cannot find ANY political contributions made by Robert Zimmerman of Sanford, Florida in the database at http://fundrace.huffingtonpost.com/

There is a Robert Zimmerman in Naples and one in Miami that have made contributions to various campaigns and PACs, but those are the only Robert Zimmermans in Florida who have.

The one I think is GZ's father owns a house in Sanford on which he gets homestead exemption (from the Seminole County Property Appraiser's office website). It's a pretty modest house, not in a fancy neighborhood. While being a retired magistrate may sound impressive, it doesn't really look as though it set up RZ to live an elaborate lifestyle and there is not evidence that he would have the clout to get favors for his son.

I more suspect that this case was a normal occurrence in the Sanford PD. Look at a previous case one of the first officers at the Martin scene handled:

It's not just Sanford, either - this has been a pattern in Central Florida for as long as I can remember, back to the 1960s:

I really felt bad for Mr. Robert Zimmerman when I listened to that 19 minutes interview. He has gotten death threats too. Life will never be the same for GZ's family either. In a way, they are victims too IMO.
Apparently, he is also a Vietnam vet and compared the current situation worse than any experience he had in Vietnam.

:waitasec: Why would Trayvon's facebook and twitter accounts vanish :waitasec:
Seems that his friends were just posting condolences.
Who is afraid of what? Articles have also vanished.

No clue

I agree 100%. And like Casey Anthony, if George Zimmerman is arrested, IMO, he, like Casey Anthony, will be acquitted, in other words, found NOT GUILTY.

<modsnip>

I believe a common opinion is that Martin ran away soi he could circle up behind Zimmerman, and attack him. IMO, had he "running away" been to completely avoid Zimmerman, he had ample time, and opportunity.

This is definitely NOT a common opinion. It's pure speculation and hopefullness on your part.

I believe a common opinion is that Martin ran away soi he could circle up behind Zimmerman, and attack him. IMO, had he "running away" been to completely avoid Zimmerman, he had ample time, and opportunity.

That is what I also believe, if TM just went straight home and away from GZ it would have all ended very differently.

Exactly. If you are in fear for your life, and doubt if the attacker is going to stop being a threat to your life, heck yes BANG! pull the trigger.

Are you suggesting that if you are in doubt you just shoot?

ITA - and that was JMHO about going through his pockets - but we still have that pesky problem of where Trayvon's cell phone is at.

It has never been seen again. And I still say, JMHO that GZ went through Trayvon's pockets after he shot him.

JMHO
I don't know. That sounds so incredible callous and insensitive. I think he was checking if Tray was dead or alive.

No it's not!

It's conflicting information on an ongoing investigation.

It's either murder or self defense.

If you are going to look at the personal life of one, you need to look at both.
Or else, it's railroading.

If personal info is allowed at trial (assuming there is one) on GZ, then I'd bet you a donut that it would also be allowed on TM.

Or the personal lives will be left out for BOTH.

Double standards drive me nuts.

There are rape shield laws that protect the victim. Those laws exist for very good reasons.

I'm not so sure as I wouldn't favor something like that as well, when a minor is dead at the hands of an adult. TM was barely 17 years old.

Exactly. If you are in fear for your life, and doubt if the attacker is going to stop being a threat to your life, heck yes BANG! pull the trigger.

You are scaring me considering your Avatar is a Gun!!

There is no evidence that TM was a threat to GZ

How does that work when you are in pursuit of your "attacker" ??

Just wondering...

Yes, there is a picture of Trayvon with what appears to be gold teeth:
images

However, some are trying to pretend this:

images

is the same as this:

http://www.imsogangsta.org/gangsta/1012/c-murder--dumb-rerun-gangsta-1291594547.jpg

That effort has failed. :moo:
I have not seen the picture with all the tattoos, I wonder where it came from? and if it is TM???

But the picture with the Gold teeth does not say "Sweet kid" JUST SAYING!!!

The more I see and read the more I think GZ had him pegged right.
but I also think he was itching to have a "Hero" day.

There are rape shield laws that protect the victim. Those laws exist for very good reasons.

I'm not so sure as I wouldn't favor something like that as well, when a minor is dead at the hands of an adult. TM was barely 17 years old.

But that does not mean he was too young to attack someone.

I'm not saying he did. I'm just saying he could have.

And 17 year olds are tried as adults daily in this country.

That is what I also believe, if TM just went straight home and away from GZ it would have all ended very differently.

Yes and IF GZ had not gone to the store for a gallon of milk or something

IF GZ had stayed in his truck and not followed GZ

If GZ had not been carrying a loaded gun with him

This could have all ended very differently and we could play the IF game forever, but the fact of the matter is GZ had every right to go to the store, and to call 911

And Trayvon had every right to go to the store, and he was not required by law to go straight home....

That is coming very close to saying he had no right to be where he was IMO JMHO and stuff.

From the 911 phone call transcipts:

"Zimmerman: It's a home it's 1950, oh crap I don't want to give it all out, I don't know where this kid is."

He ran away and was out of Zimmermans sight at least once.

http://www.documentcloud.org/documents/326700-full-transcript-zimmerman.html

Apparently the Sanford Police have that same opinion based on what they told Martins parents.

"Then came the second encounter, according to Tracy Martin’s recollection of the detective’s account. Trayvon Martin appeared from behind a building in Zimmerman’s gated community, approached him and demanded, “What’s your problem, homie?”

http://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...ayvons-death/2012/03/28/gIQA6MKhhS_story.html

On my part? Makes no difference to me. But I'd hate to see an innocent person be arrested and tried.

This is definitely NOT a common opinion. It's pure speculation and hopefullness on your part.

Yes and IF GZ had not gone to the store for a gallon of milk or something

IF GZ had stayed in his truck and not followed GZ

If GZ had not been carrying a loaded gun with him

This could have all ended very differently and we could play the IF game forever, but the fact of the matter is GZ had every right to go to the store, and to call 911

And Trayvon had every right to go to the store, and he was not required by law to go straight home....

That is coming very close to saying he had no right to be where he was IMO JMHO and stuff.

OMG, YES! He didn't have the right to walk around? That makes NO sense to me. :waitasec:

I have not seen the picture with all the tattoos, I wonder where it came from? and if it is TM???

But the picture with the Gold teeth does not say "Sweet kid" JUST SAYING!!!

The more I see and read the more I think GZ had him pegged right.
but I also think he was itching to have a "Hero" day.

The guy with all the tats isn't TM. It's a comparison pic about the Grill

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member