AL AL - Brittney Wood, 19, Mobile, 31 May 2012 - # 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
The most idiotic comment was "none of our family does drugs". Well I hate to be the one to tell her but DW has had numerous arrest for drugs and I believe the younger brother is in juvie, right now for drugs. If you are trying to make a case for a family member's innocence, it sure doesn't help much if you outright lie.
Yeah, I'm not sure where she was coming from with that. It doesn't really take an insider to know that there is some serious drug use going on in this family. It's one thing to turn your head but it's another thing to just come right out and make statements like that when all signs point in a different direction.

Me too. I also find it hard to believe that there have been NO bookings in Baldwin County in the past 24 hours, on a Sunday night. I wonder if they're holding off on posting them for some reason..

I checked and saw bookings for 7/15/12.

Yeah, I'm not sure where she was coming from with that. It doesn't really take an insider to know that there is some serious drug use going on in this family. It's one thing to turn your head but it's another thing to just come right out and make statements like that when all signs point in a different direction.

For me it makes her whole "he is innocent speech" seem less than credible.

Also, didn't we have a link to the incest laws earlier that said they could not make an arrest on the word of the victim alone? That there had to be additional evidence? In addition the fact that LE notes there are multiple victims certainly means they probably have a strong case, but it also makes me very sad for all of these young people.

Tillman's Corner (where BW disappeared from) is not some small little isolated town. It's smallish compared to others, I guess, but it's surrounded by other towns and is not sparsely populated. The arrests are occurring in a totally different county than where the perps. live. Whatever event occurred that led to the allegations (possibly more than one event, we don't know yet) occurred in Baldwin County but the men live in Mobile County. These aren't some small little backwoods towns (not that I'm saying you think that... but some do). Actually, we have a growing economy and a growing population during a time when a lot of areas are experiencing a repressed economy. We have a lot of tourists here, many transplants from other areas of the country. Actually quite an international population. I'm just sharing this so you'll know that whatever has happened in this family is not necessarily known by or representative of the towns they live in. DH lived in Baldwin County. BW's brother is listed as homeless but I guess we could say he is from Tillman's Corner. One of the uncles is a resident of a community in North Mobile, Tillman's Corner is in south Mobile County.

I haven't been able to check WS for a few days, and I am of course just as overwhelmed as everyone else concerning the new arrest. I am also of course shocked by all the FB comments on FOX's page! Especially, WWH! I mean wow. And the others are just as unnerving. It's so frustrating to see this because it just shows how some connected to the case are lacking sound decision making skills. Some of these individuals (including WWH) are posting without any regard to how their comments could adversely impact the number of people searching for BW. However, for me personally, I want to help even more because it shows just how much potential danger / poor circumstances she was exposed to.

Also, thank you MotherOcean for describing the area to outsiders. Although what I've read on WS has been respectful (from what I can remember at least, there are many posts!) I have read some blogs on other pages that painted our part of the country as anything but the truth. One of the main industries in the Mobile area is tourism, as there are beautiful beaches there, along with a large commercial cruise port. And there is a diverse population, along with museums, universities, etc... I am reiterating this point not just to agree that many stereotypes are false, but to illustrate why this case ( and the related arrests) are so alarming. Even though some in BW family make it seem otherwise, Mobile is an area that is home to educated people, people with money, people with connections, and yet no one seems to know what happened to BW. Many also seemed shocked by the other family charges. It shows this stuff can happen and does happen anywhere, which is why it's so important to be active in your community and know your neighbors!!! I know we are each responsible for our own actions, but I just want to remind everyone to be alert and do not just assume appearance is reality. Hope for the best, but as my Dad likes to say, "always be on the lookout" :) ... So let's keep being on the lookout for Miss BW and all others like her.

The most idiotic comment was "none of our family does drugs". Well I hate to be the one to tell her but DW has had numerous arrest for drugs and I believe the younger brother is in juvie, right now for drugs. If you are trying to make a case for a family member's innocence, it sure doesn't help much if you outright lie.

I read that comment as referring to the H family, not the Wood family. It seemed that way because she was responding to a comment that was made directly about her. I think that's what she was saying, but it could be that she was including the Wood family in that, too. I just didn't originally read it that way.

I think that part of the problem with this girl believing the charges is that she appears to despise WWH and isn't very fond of MWK, either. Before FB pages became private, she lashed out at both WWH and MWK and basically accused them of covering up the circumstances of BW's disappearance. If you believe that someone is covering up a potential homicide and lying to family and law enforcement, I can see why you might doubt any information that came out of that camp. She obviously doesn't have access to all of the information that law enforcement has, so I think that her response is based completely on emotion.

I cant believe she said all that and then goes on to say she had the best mom in the world but was raped for 9 yrs! What is going on!

Her mother may not have had any idea that she was being molested. We don't know the facts of that situation or how her mom responded when or if she found out about the abuse. There are plenty of wonderful moms out there that have children that were abused. In many of those cases, the abuse lasted for a significant period of time. Whatever happened, this girl is clearly hurting and lashing out at the world in her own way.

Brittney's dad's posts on this page are literally making me cry. Jesus gosh...He said the police told them Derek is a victim as well and need lots of love as he's going to need it.

I had to walk away after reading that because it was too horrible to even think about. One victim is bad enough, but now we have multiples and one of the accused, who is also a victim? I was just sick thinking about what the circumstances of that situation could be.

I believe that BW's brother could be a perp and a victim. If this has been going on for years it's possible that he was forced to do things to children at the hands of the adults. Brittney could be the same. Both a perp and a victim.

http://www.fox10tv.com/dpp/news/local_news/baldwin_county/Arrest-followed-ongoing-investigation

Cause and effect? Is Brittney Woods missing as a direct result of this investigation ?

She is not a victim in the states case ,that does not mean she is not a victim. I would like to know if those being investigated know which victim inspired the investigation or if anyone of the accused assumed it to be Brittney?

How would Brittney fit into the group if she wasnt a victim and why would she need to disapear ? Did she act as a lure for victims? Is Brittney a suspect in the case?

Good questions. I can't understand why law enforcement wouldn't consider BW a potential victim, especially given this latest arrest. The incest charge against DW makes the potential victim's list very small. I am wondering if the family has been told the name of the victim that came forward or if they are making assumptions about who that person actually is based on the earlier reports regarding DH.

Also, we have been told that BW got into some trouble with law enforcement in the weeks before she went missing, but no charges were officially filed. Did she point law enforcement in the right direction in exchange for immunity?

There just appears to be some missing pieces here. I am afraid to have the rest of the story unfold because it is already so hideous.

To me DH committing suicide is basically an admission of guilt. Brittney and DH were close according to all accounts correct? It sounds like he may have been one of the main players in this 'ring' if not THE main player. If he and Brittney were close, I don't see how she could have not been involved or not had knowledge of it. Add drugs/a drug habit to that and anything is possible. Did Brittney work? How did she have money to buy drugs?

To me DH committing suicide is basically an admission of guilt. Brittney and DH were close according to all accounts correct? It sounds like he may have been one of the main players in this 'ring' if not THE main player. If he and Brittney were close, I don't see how she could have not been involved or not had knowledge of it. Add drugs/a drug habit to that and anything is possible. Did Brittney work? How did she have money to buy drugs?

I do not think she had a job!

Her and her brother were very very very close so they say!

It all fits,,,, and as i see it its ther only thing that makes any sense!

All JMO

My guess is the reason the brother was arrested is because he won't talk. They may have him on camera doing something. Perhaps even when he was a minor. But it's possible they believe he is actually a victim of the adults here and forced to do so against his will. Maybe they just want to scare him into talking? Thus making him both a victim and a perp.

I think it's possible that Brittney may have been a victim of sexual abuse at the hands of some of these relatives and possibly from a young age. LE may suspect this also, but have no proof. But maybe she was conditioned into this lifestyle from a young age. This is obviously a very sick family and probably has been for many many years.

With all of the talk about drugs, it strikes me as entirely possible that DH was the one that introduced BW and DW to drugs in the first place. It would be a method of controlling victims that might also result in the victims participating in other crimes. BW's habit may not have started out with meth. It may have escalated from other drug use.

The money angle has bothered me from the beginning. If BW was not working, how was she supporting herself, including her habit? Selling drugs is an obvious answer and it may be the correct one. But, where was she getting her supply? Was DH the supplier?

Zeaux mentioned that BW and her brothers were living with another family member at one time and that person allowed drug use in their home? Do we know who that was or when they were living there?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine