NC - Shaniya Davis, 5, Allegedly sold by mother 11/10/09 #28

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you Atomic both for visiting Shaniya's final resting place and describing the experience. I feel confident Ms. Shaniya is at peace and surrounded by love and appreciate you validating that through your own feeling at the cemetery.

The only thing that remains is to make sure all others are protected from her murderers.

New here ... I'm from NC and somehow missed this case but have been reading over these threads for the past week. So heartbreaking. And frustrating that those responsible are still awaiting trial.

Some wonderful, wonderful posters here! But I have to single out Oriah. You really touched my heart with your commitment to this sweet little girl!

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

http://www.fayobserver.com/articles/2012/08/10/1196387?sac=fo.local
Trial date set for 5-year-old Shaniya Davis' accused killer
The murder trial for the man who allegedly bought, raped and killed 5-year-old Shaniya Davis in 2009 is scheduled for Feb. 18.

Mario Andrette McNeill will go on trial more than three years after Shaniya's death. The girl's mother also faces charges; her trial is scheduled for Feb. 18, too, but only one of the cases will go forward then, said Cumberland County District Attorney Billy West.

It hasn't been determined which trial will start first nor whether they will be conducted back-to-back.

The murder trial for the man who allegedly bought, raped and killed 5-year-old Shaniya Davis in 2009 is scheduled for Feb. 18.

Mario Andrette McNeill will go on trial more than three years after Shaniya's death. The girl's mother also faces charges; her trial is scheduled for Feb. 18, too, but only one of the cases will go forward then, said Cumberland County District Attorney Billy West.

It hasn't been determined which trial will start first nor whether they will be conducted back-to-back.

Thank God!! Now we have a date!!! Thank you!!

is it February yet?

No, but it cannot come soon enough for me.

There was another article in the FayObserver this morning that MAMS trial will indeed start on February 18, 2013. Both trials are to start on that day. How is that to happen unless they are tried together?

That is a trial I will not miss as long as I am still living and breathing. My granddaughter told me that she cannot believe she will not still be in N. C. for the trial. They have orders to go from Bragg to Ft. Bliss, Texas, and will have to report on December 10th. Her husband won't even get back from S. Korea until November 9th. She has followed every moment of this case because she was so horrified by what was done to little Shaniya and so badly wants justice for her!

:please:.....Don't let there be any further delays in justice for our sweet, precious Shaniya!

I can't believe that I live only about two hours away from Fayetteville and there has been absolutely nothing on the news about this case. Disgusting.

http://fayobserver.com/articles/2012/08/15/1197089?sac=

We doubt anyone's forgotten about this one, though. Most people would instantly recognize the sweet, smiling face of 5-year-old Shaniya Davis, who was killed in 2009 in a way that shocked even the most numbed news consumers - and the hardest-shelled detectives as well.

Hardly anyone has forgotten the sickening crime and the people charged with it. But Shaniya will be dead more than three years before a trial begins.

This is only a reminder of modern reality. Nobody gets a speedy trial anymore. Getting a hearing on a speeding ticket can take months. Orchestrating a murder trial - especially this one, with reports and evidence from multiple investigating agencies - takes years.

This is not evidence that our criminal-justice system is broken. But it is all the testimony we need about how stretched it is. For all the rhetoric in recent years about getting tough on crime, the spending has largely put more cops on the streets. But jails and courthouses are splitting at their seams and hard pressed to process the hordes of defendants sent to them. And the General Assembly, in its efforts to reduce the state budget, has cut some court funding instead of increasing it.

Think about that as you continue to wait for justice for Shaniya Davis.

BBM
Earthly Justice WILL come baby girl.

Thanks kimberlyd, it was time for this sweatpea to be bumped back up. The waiting is hard, but this is a horrific case, I just hope all the prepping and coordinating such a major case pays off in convictions.

No, but it cannot come soon enough for me.

There was another article in the FayObserver this morning that MAMS trial will indeed start on February 18, 2013. Both trials are to start on that day. How is that to happen unless they are tried together?

That is a trial I will not miss as long as I am still living and breathing. My granddaughter told me that she cannot believe she will not still be in N. C. for the trial. They have orders to go from Bragg to Ft. Bliss, Texas, and will have to report on December 10th. Her husband won't even get back from S. Korea until November 9th. She has followed every moment of this case because she was so horrified by what was done to little Shaniya and so badly wants justice for her!

:please:.....Don't let there be any further delays in justice for our sweet, precious Shaniya!

Ditto, A trial that can not come soon enough for me either.
So far that may be the best news yet.
:)

Thank you for the good news, I have not been here too often for the past year. I had been very discouraged.
This is giving me a glimpse of hope.I still do not trust them with this case.
I will always feel there are more people that should have been accountable.
AND that they have had the perpetrators and evidence a long time.

Just me opinion….carry on....

I was just thinking about sweet Shaniya. I wish it was 2/18!!!

hiya everyone, long time reader, first time poster , spent my days reading about this beautiful angel , spent the nights sobbing and trying to get my head around her 'momsters' maternal instinct to protect her... i am like the rest of you awaiting february , you all seem like youve been waiting forever for justice for shaniya.

rest in peace , may you be playing happily with the rest of gods innocent angels x

MrsWard, welcome to group!

Thank you for caring about Shaniya. I don't know that any of us will ever be able be able to wrap our heads around it. The fact that we, a bunch of strangers, have more love for this sweetpea in our hearts than that creature who gave her life and then handed that precious life over so callously, to be snuffed out.

Again, :welcome5:

Merry Christmas little Darlings.
both of you must be dancing with the angels. :)

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kv7Cp9zllrU"]Whitney Houston - Do You Hear What I Hear (Christmas Music Video) - YouTube[/ame]

Only a few more weeks! I fervently hope there will be no more delays. This has gone on long enough.

http://abclocal.go.com/wtvd/story?section=news/local&id=8950253
Judge: State can seek death penalty in Shaniya Davis case
A judge denied a motion Friday that would have prohibited prosecutors from seeking the death penalty against 5-year-old Shaniya Davis' accused killer.
Mario McNeill is charged with kidnapping, rape and first-degree murder in connection with the girl's 2009 death. He has pleaded not guilty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boymom0304